Complaints & Reviews

quality decline

Recently had 3 piece bonafide from this location. The quality was very poor: cold, small chicken pieces that...

unhygienic service cleaner

I went to Popeye's last week for dinner and was disgusted that the service crew cleaner very unhygienic. My colleges and I purchased meals from Popeye's chicken in Cathay, tables was unclean when I was about to sit, I noticed the chair and table had tomato stain and oily stain on it, I wave at a bum Chinese service cleaner with brown long hair sticking out form his jockey cap and he noticed, but he was chatting with another service girl and pretend not to see us,
After waving for sometimes, he approach us with a glum look on his face and mumble in Chinese, if you don’t like the service here your all can go elsewhere and when he clean our table by using those left over tissue papers. If Popeye’s chicken going to run a business as fast food then you should have decent people to handle the jobs, not Ah Beng!! My colleges and I will never go there again and I will let all of my colleges know as well.

• Wp
    Wpayton5599 Mar 22, 2011

Wow! That is a racist complaint! However, take it from me...you are eating Popeye's Chicken...A healthy experience can't be your main concern!

bad service

My Son and I went to popeye's (#4925) on february 28, 2011 for lunch and waited 20 minutes to get our food along with other customer's who had been waiting in the restaurant as well as the drive thru. We were waiting on bisquits, which they ran out of, so they did give us an extra piece of Chicken, but the chicken i had was very overcooked and I didn't enjoy the meal at all. I didn't feel like going back to the counter to complain because I had already waited 20 minutes. That is very unacceptable waitng for 20 minutes and not to mention running out of bisquits.

bait and switch

Manager, sandra jones did a bait and switch on the specials they were offering. Substituted dark meats for...

air condition broken

I went to order some chicken at the popeyes nearby my home and when I entered into the place it was like over 95 degrees temperature in there and the doors are closed no air ventilation and waiting on a line that taken me at least 15 minutes of waiting to order. When I finally reached the register I complaint to the cashier how it is very dangerous for the customers to be waiting on line this long and no air condition. I also explained to her that she shouldn't be working under these conditions. So I complaint to the manager in charge that day and he quickly opened up the doors open and explained that the air condition is broken and he made several calls to refrigeration but haven't get a response. How do owners still operates without any refrigeration working but still can cook food. That's when food poison comes in. I really felt uncomfortable eating their food now so I ask for a refund back on my card. Since I paid with credit card (Bank card) but he refuse to give me a refund. So here I am. Hot sweaty hungry feeling my asthma coming on and this man just gave me hard time. Was this professional ??? I felt so disgusted walking out of this place.

• Sh
    shanta hayes Nov 28, 2008

I went to popeye chicken in harrison nj on november20 2017 to order a fried turkey I was told that the order came with two sides and the contract said the same. On wednesday nov26, 008 to pick up the turkey the lady stated that she used acontract that was two years old and this order comes with no side the first contrsct stated that it came with the two sides. I am a very faithful customer at popeye and this was very wrong its called bait and switch thats againt the law. Ihad to pay 40.00 dollars for aturkey with no side. Thank you in advance for all help

i'm thinking that popeyes isn't too interested in happy customers

I ordered a 5 pc. chicken dinner special for $7 and was surprised to find it included 2 wings. Fairly chintzy of them. I don't care for wings, so when I immediately asked for any other pieces instead of wings I was told "they can't do that". I'm thinking that Popeyes isn't too interested in happy customers, so, I'm not going to bother with them again.

• gesserfan Dec 10, 2010

someone thinks they are special, and should be able to hand select the chicken in their meal...

I know the local Popeyes tries to make every penny they can by charging for everything, substitutions, extra sauce, cut for water, not allowing outside food or drinks so no kids sippie drinks or capri suns when dining with the family but to skimp on health protection is not very good. Every employee that touches the food should have prep gloves on and not use their bare hands.

chicken was not fully cooked

I brought chicken from popeyes there 2 - days ago and the chicken was not cooked preoperly it was half done amd I got sick and thrw up I did not go to the hospital because I love pop eyes and eat there ball the time. All I want is my money back. I bought two ten piecies at broadway and myrle in brooklyn

• gesserfan Dec 10, 2010

"i did not go to the hospital because i love pop eyes" is that a good reason not to go to the hospital?

shift manager very rude

I arrived at popeye's at approx 1:45 pm and went inside to get food to go, I had ordered the promotional...

bad service

We placed an order at the drive thru which should have been our first clue just to leave. It took u...

should be closed

I have tried, lord knows i've tried to be patient and understanding. But even though I always get lousy service and sometimes lousy food, I still go back to popeye's and "give them one more chance" to do it right. Once again I went to a popeye's chicken store in shreveport, la and got the same crappy service and lousy food. When will I learn???

Well, now i've had enough. I really wish there were a way to "purchase" this corporation so I could personally fire every single employee that works for any of the stores nationwide. Most of them need to be shuttered and sell the assets. This would be for the overall good of the brand identity. The recipe for their chicken is wonderful, and their sides are really great too. The big problem is with attitudes. The attitudes you get in the store (From apathy to downright disrespect) is largely a result/reflection of management. This applies from corporate management all the way down to the store level. I know that you get what you pay for so when you pay minimum wage salaries you get minimum wage work ethics or worse. There is an inherent problem with the work force available to this restaurant chain apparently. I see employees more interested in talking on their cell phones or visiting non-stop with their "friends" that are ever-present at the side of the counter (Yes you've seen them, right?). So maybe, as others have opined on various complaint board websites, i've really walked into a crack house. I wonder what could be so all consuming that would require a "friend" to hang out with you each and every day while you are "at work". And since when is it appropriate to wear your bluetooth device while working. Where is management? Are they even on the premises? I've heard of a time a long time ago where a store actually had a manager that wasn't trying to run a pimp house at the same time but I think that was actually an urban legend and is not to be believed.

What would convince a franchisee to buy into this system is beyond me. I assume that maybe i'm missing out on the absolute best investment franchise in history because if you can open a store in this economy, offer this type of lousy service, trash a wonderful chicken recipe, and still make a profit, then sign me up. Just imagine the millions i'll rake in by simply hiring and managing a few people who actually care about doing their job and not scoring a meth or crack sale. I've managed many, many employees over the years and I know that while there are certainly occasional unexpected challenges to be faced, most situations can be handled by utilizing "active management" techniques. The management of today is actually just another employee behind the counter schlepping fries or doing other job functions that should be covered by an hourly employee. I am a firm believer, and it has been proven time after time that managers should manage, workers should work. There is a reason why baseball doesn't have player/managers any longer, football coaches don't suit up and play, military generals don't take up arms. You cannot manage or lead others if you are up to your ears in doing menial work. You cannot anticipate the problems before they arise, you cannot hear the improper interactions with you paying customer, you cannot see that an employee is having a difficult time and needs additional training or instruction.In order to lead you have to be able to step back and observe. Like a great conductor leads and directs the orchestra when he hears something he doesn't like, you must direct the action, you monitor problem areas and take action to correct issues and most certainly in today's hyper-competitive market, when problems arise, you engage in customer satisfaction (I. E. Damage control).

It is sad actually to see apathetic kids trying to impersonate a person who actually cares. They ask for the job and eagerly nod their heads, promising to be the best popeye's employee ever, saying anything to get the job knowing full well that they'll settle in to the same routine that their friends told them about before they even applied for this "job". But then again, the manager conducting the interview also knew full well what the end results would be. They came from this same environment. They too are simply "working the system".

Alas, if only I had the ability to purchase this corporation, I would be the absolute king of fried chicken. All of the ingredients are already there except the proper people to do the job.

employee

I have been to popeyes on Thinderbird and 83rd ave several times to see illegal activity going on with...

awful customer service

We visited Popeye's in the Providence Place Mall--Providence, RI on Th. 12/17/09 at 4:45. The girl at the counter was far removed from greeting customers in a friendly manner. She was in a slouched position, looking sideways--no greeting whatsoever. After being greeted in this manner, I said, "Are You Here?" She barely responded to me--took our order in rote fashion--didn't set it up for takeout as requested-- in addition the second side was missing. In general, the experience was miserable. With all of the people out of work these days, it would be good to have better representation of Popeye's and the services available to your customers. We are not frequent fast food buyers, but customer service elsewhere is far superior.

Jamil Rhodes Apr 09, 2010

I purchased a 3peice breast and 2 large Redbeans no rice my total was around 16.00 dollars for my food when I got home my food was old and cold I called and asked the manager for a replacement meal the person I talked to told me he was a manager but after hearing my complaint he said he was not a manager and there was not one avalible so for almost a week I finally spoke with a manager named Shawn she apologized promising to replace my 3 breast and sides when I went there she didnt do what she said instead gave me a wing, thigh, and drumstick without replacing the sides her response was
    there wasn't anything wrong with your sides sir because I had no receipt but remember its been a week later and she already said no problem she'd replace the whole order still leaving my unsatisfied

cold & bad food

Goodevening, My name is Steve wise, today, December 16th 2017, my wife & i order food from the Popeyes in...

pathetic service at drive through window

I visited popeyes chicken at 350 hwy @ raytown road on today and I sat at the menu in the drive through after being acknowledged and told she'd be with me in a moment. Ten minutes later i'm still waiting for someone to take my order. The drive through is horrible at this location as once you've entered and reached the speaker to place your order you cannot get out of the line until you've driven completely around the building past the window to pay. I drove on through with the intent of just leaving without placing an order as at this point I no longer wanted to patronize the restaurant. I drove around to find another customer at the window with what appeared to be a complaint as well. I sat behind that vehicle for exactly 23 minutes before the car pulled off but it didn't leave the establishment it just pulled out far enough that I could get out. I stopped at the window to voice my complaint with the fact that I sat in that line for a total of 33 min not to have ever been afforded the opportunity to even place an order nor could I leave. I believe that any customer at that window should be asked to pull up or come inside if they are unable to resolve a dispute in a reasonable timeframe. 33 min in a fast food drive through window is utterly ridiculous and I plan not to go back again, especially since my last visit about a week ago was not good either. I ordered a wing combo and the menu stated it's price as $5.99 but I was charged nearly $8 as the gentlemen working the window disagreed with me telling him the price of that meal. He finally spoke with a manager who clarified that indeed the price on the menu was correct and instead of refunding me the price difference they offered me a larger drink. I just want someone to look into how this store is being operated as popeyes is losing business at this location due to the mis-management of the restaurant.

bad service

after working a 6 day week and not getting home untill 6:30 on saturday from work i decided to order popeyes chicken for dinner, for my family. I ordered the food and after an hour called to see where it was. They said the delivery guy left 15 minutes ago, i only live 5 minutes away. so after another 20 minutes the food arrived... when i checked the food it was cold as ice, and they forgot to give me my shrimp that i ordered... When i called them the girl said that she packed the shrimp herself and to check again... that pissed me off even more because i already checked and a box of shrimp could not just disapper, any ways i told her my food was cold and she said that the delivery guys do not speak english and they had alot of complaints, she said the shrimp was on the way, another hour passed no shrimp, i phoned she said that there was a miss comunication and she thought i did not want it and they were gonna give me a free one next time i ordered ... now how is it free when i paid for it and still never got it.. well i wanted to speak to the manager, she said he would be in tomorrow i said okay missed him on sunday because he was attending a popeyes chicken meeting... i guess they really thought i was stupid bottom line there giving me 8 peices of chicken and free shrimp... i never want to order from them again... and by the way how is it free shrimp when i paid for it and still did not get it ..., ...

• Md
    mdntrbaa Sep 28, 2011

popeyes has the worst service ever, i expect to expect the same specials from any of the popeyes, then im told im not cuz they are ind. owned, thats not my concern, i want what the other popeyes is offering. then the 8.00 an hour worker blocks me from calling the store, sorry, im taking this all the way too the top

th chicken

Isent my daughter to get me a three piece, dark meat meal with a red beans and rice side, I also asked her to make sure they were all thighs. She did as I asked but what she brought back was not three thighs, wht she brought back instead was three pieces of thighs that had been cut in half and sold as full pieces of chicken, THATS CALLED STEALING, I want my money back and please believe that the next complaint letter I write will be to the BBB. If you guys can't afford to be in business without stealing from your customer, you should close up shop. Stealing from your customer is never the answer, perhaps you guys should try installing some good business practices into your corporation and training your staff on how to make ends meet. Stealing from your customers will only result in loss of business and possibly a class action suit. I am a restaurant owner in Southfield Mi., and more than that, I am a decent human being with the common sense to know that the people who pay my bills, (the customers), are not stupid, they know what food is supposed to look like, and I also know that anybody dissatisfied with my product can and will spread the word quickly.Popeyes have been around for a long time, maybe you think you can do anything you want to your customers and they will continue to patronize you. Well I am one of those people who want exactly what I paid for and I am not just a stupid, blind consumer who will except anything. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Please know that I will never shop at another Popeyes again, I will complain until I get satisfaction, I will let everyone I know about what the Popeyes Corporation is allowing to happen, and I will inform the Better Business Bureau of your activities. If you would like to respond to this letter, my name is Renitta Wicker and my email is [protected]@yahoo.com.

service

Went up the counter to order, the girl behind the counter does not say Hi, just looks at me and does not say a word... After a minute or two of just looking at each other I ask about the combos and she just points to the menu and does the same after I ask what side orders they offer. I ask for two sides then she tells me it only comes with one. Gives me my total and that was it, not a thank you or enjoy your meal. I paid almost 9 dollars for 2 little wings and a breast and a side, what a rip off. I was amazed to see that this young lady with no guest service skills was a manager in training, WOW! Won't be long before they close the doors on this one.

• Mk
    M Kovac Sep 03, 2009

Ordered 8 piece dinner. Side was large mashed potatoes and gravy. When order arrives we don't have any utensils given to us. Had to go back and ask for them. Also not given a container to put our mashed potatoes on to eat. Went back again and we were given small boxes to eat from. Totally unacceptable. Went back again and insisted on individual serving cups. Derek who waited on us needs to be taught how to deliver your product, and the utensils that go with it. Extremely disappointed with Popeyes'

Christiansaved32 Sep 21, 2010

This complaint is about not receiving customer satisfaction or a receipt with purchase. The incident happened at store #192 in Atlanta Ga. I understand employees not being happy while at work however, people need to remain courteous and professional while in uniform in front of customers. This incident took place on September 10, 2010 around 10 am. I decided to place my order at the drive thru window. I placed my order and the sales associate failed to give me a receipt. I noticed and gave her a second chance to reply. She replies with attitude and an strong neck roll of anger stating that store 192 has not been passing out receipts for the past week because all of the machines have been broken. I decided to ask for her name and store number . I even pulled over and parked so she could give me her name. As an valued customer I believe in Total Customer Satisfaction. Popeye's Restaurant is a huge franchise that makes enough profit to keep each store running properly and effectively. I also believe management should really start paying attention to their inventory, cash flow, and profit sales. I have field a complaint by calling the 1800 number however I have not received closure, apology, gift card nothing!

This is for F.Y.I Purposes,

not satisfied customer

• Va
    vascuk Jan 04, 2014

My husband & I just went to Popeyes and the cashier was very unprofessional, without a personality at all. We waited 20 minutes for our food and the place was not even busy. It was the dirtest place I have ever been to and the chicken was old and they did not have any coleslaw. I don't understand what's happening in the food industry but find this a lot in the fastfood business where the workers are very unprofessional and lazy! I wish I knew how to offically complain and actually see a difference and postitve changes in how this Popeyes is run. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to hire people with respect for the customers and to keep a place clean!

fraud

April 22nd 2009 Popeye's advertised 8pc chicken for $4.99. I went there after work and as expected everyone and their mother were there to take advantage of this offer. There was a Popeye employee outside taking names of customers who were unable to receive their orders because they had run out. We were told by the young lady taking our names that we have to redeem our orders within one week. We were asked if we wanted one or two boxes. I said two. I called Popeyes on Sunday 04/26/2009 to verify they would honor their raincheck. I planned on using it today since I had invited company over and had planned to supply company with 16 pcs of Popeyes chicken. I was told by the mgr that corporate office has to program their computers or registers so that they will ring up orders at the $4.99 price and that we can only redeem the orders on Tuesday. This is a lot of baloney. Anyone with a bit of common sense would have expected a turn-out like they had when you offer a deal that they advertised and should have had a contingency plan prepared knowing that possibly these stores may run out of product. Popeys as far as I'm concerned used false advertising, they did not honor their rainchecks as I was told by one of their own employees that we would have to redeem our chicken within one week. I wish they would honor their rain check per the info given by their employee. Not everyone is available to run down to their store this Tuesday.

scam alert

I visited your store at 2710 lee blvd on june 8 2009 at 5:23 pm in le high acres florida. I drove a half of an hour to get chicken for my families dinner because of the wonderful chicken you make. But was very upset to find there was no chicken to buy until late that night after 10:00 pm when the truck came in. The kids working were very sorry but what kind of mangement does not have chicken at dinner time to sell? I live in toledo ohio and was visiting my daughter and family and rave about your chicken. I just think thats poor mangement for a chicken place to be out of chicken at dinner time when there the most busy, don't you? What a incovenience for me!!

• Wp
    Wpayton5599 Mar 22, 2011

My God!! You drove a half hour just to get Popeye's chicken?? Wasn't there an old tire nearby that your family could share? J/K...That is bad that they didn't have any chicken...They can't really call themselves Popeye's Chicken now can they!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices