Planet Fitness Daly City CAaccess to locker leads to theft

S

On Wednesday August 13, 2008, two employees of Planet Fitness Daly City CA gave two women access to my locker by handing them a "crow bar" without walking into the locker room with them and/or ensuring that the items they walked off with were actually their own. Among the items they stoled were my grandmother antique ring worth thousands of dollar and my car keys. Proceeding to leave the gym, they used my car keys to open up my trunk and stoled my purse (worth $400 alone) and everything in it. Meanwhile, I insisted to talk to the manager and he WOULD NOT comply. The employee called him on my behalf and as I waited to be handed the phone, I was refused access to the manager. At this pt, I called the Daly City Police Dpt. Only then, did the manager agree to come down to the facility. Once there, he never bothered to apology or direct ONE SINGLE word to me.

I have processed a police report and a full investigation is under way as over $1, 300 were used with my credit cards to purchase items after they stole my wallet and ID. NONE of this would have happened had one of the employees VERIFIED that the items these women took from MY locker, were in fact their's. Or better yet why on earth hand someone a crow bar to open up "their" locker and not give two cents about it!

A formal complaint is also in process against Planet Fitness as they are completely liable for me losses.

• Br
    Brad Feb 17, 2009

My mom got her cellphone stolen by the cleaning staff at Planet Fitness in Stamford CT. My sister got her NorthFace ski jacket stolen right from the coat hanger too. The staff just brushes it off and says they are not resposible.