Pick n Payonline shopping lack of service

M Nov 05, 2018

The below is what I have sent to Pick n Pay customer care:

I ordered groceries on 1 November 2018 for collection at your Pick N Pay Century Mall store, I was advised that the collection can take place on Saturday at 10am.
The funds were deducted from my account at 12:00 noon on 2 November, an amount of R1186.10.

At 09:30 on Saturday. 3 November, I received a call from Pernel who advised that the order cannot be collected as they are experiencing technical difficulty and the person who is collecting must collect on Monday at 9am.

The person collecting went in this morning at 9am as advised by YOUR consultant onlt to be first told that the store does not do online purchase delivery or collections (VERY funny since it is listed as a collection store on your website) and then she is told that she cannot get the groceries and it will take TWO WEEKS to sort this out.

I have called your head office today and spoken to Reagan who is making me hold on for the pat 15 minutes for a Team Leader.

I cannot believe the pathetic service which you give, it is absolutely terrible that this is the service you offer and yet you cannot provide it to your customers. this is beyond unacceptable and I will be making this incident known on every Social Media site available.

your website states that you only process payment for the goods once they have been picked due to substitution and number of packets needed so if you took my payment on Friday at noon that means your store in Century Mall had already packed the goods and they should have been just waiting for collection to take place on Saturday at 10am. so WHY was the payment taken if you DID NOT pick the goods yet??? If you had technical difficulty??? This does not make sense and your monotonous, corporate apologies will NOT right this wrong.

Why isnt there a notice on your website advising clients that you are experiencing technical difficulties??? Why isnt there a turnaround time on your website in the interim of experiencing technical difficulties??? so clients can know that they will be waiting for two weeks to receive their groceries, then they can cancel and get in their car and drive to their nearest pick n pay instead???

I want the groceries DELIVERED to 27 Elm Street, Arbor Park, Newcastle - how you get this done I do not care but you will get it done because there is no way that anyone is going to go to your store AGAIN, waste of time, money and petrol. Contact person is Rochelle Lucas - [protected]/ [protected]/ [protected]

I also believe that as a gratitude and good will for this horrible experience those groceries should be free or vouchers given for the equivalent amount when the groceries are delivered to the said address.

I will not accept anything less.

regards,