Philip Morris / Marlborofsc cigarettes

P Review updated:

The new "Fire Safe Cigarettes" are a violation of consumer rights. Spare the lectures about smoking. A product is made for smokers to enjoy and large amounts of money are charged for these cigarette products. The FSC products interfere with the enjoyment of the product. I protest! Please make us normal cigarettes again!

Joncatch Jun 28, 2020

Been fine while still smoking the non fsc cigarettes till about a year ago when I couldn’t get em overseas since then o have consistently been getting sicker and tightness in my chest I never had gotten this before with the non fsc cigs I’m only 40 and in good shape I do think they are hiding what they put in these and are way more toxic than the old non fsc smokes

Chogs22 Jan 21, 2020

I smoke Marlboro Special Select Shorts Gold Pack, Every cigarette I smoke I have to relight 4 or 5 times as I'm smoking it if I sit it in the ashtray they burn up every time seems like the opposite of what the fsc is suppose to do doesn't make any sense I hate these Fsc cigarettes it gets old relighting a cigarette I'm smoking but if you sit it down its burns up

• Wo
    Wolfgirl Feb 01, 2018

I've seen more people die from smoking more in the past 10 years than ever..And I MEAN EVER!!! It's because of the "FSC" cigarettes. I know this is a fact for I've seen it with my own eyes. The fda or anyone can argue how there has been less home fires due to the fsc change but more people are dying from smoking than in any house fire etc. My point is underatood im sure. I may feel like I'm wasting my precious time saying anything at all because look at all the complaints...has anything changed? Has there been any impact on anyone who's behind the fsc cigarettes? I say NO! Yet, here I am, like the rest of the unhappy smokers complaining and complaining, trying to get my point heard and taken seriously...as if "WE" the masses voices matter! Everyone has a voice, we all should be heard so listen up. TIME FOR A CHANGE, TIME TO MOVE YOUR LAZY CORPORATE MONEY LOVING ONLY BUTTS AND CHANGE FOR WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. You can love money all you want but know that money stays when we die can't buy nothing in the afterlife. Point to rhis rant of mine is make the cigarettes the way they used to be before the fsc.

• Ca
    carshownut7 Mar 20, 2016

Get rid of Fire safe cigarettes. Cigarettes are bad enough and got addicted about 50 yrs ago, but now to put extra harmful chemicals on them is even worse. GET RID OF THIS. WE ARE CHOOSING TO SMOKE AND IT IS NOT FAIR FOR YOU TO PUT ADDED UNKNOWN CHEMICALS ONTO IT.

Marlene Kowalski Feb 11, 2016

I recently purchased a carton of cigarettes. I opened a couple of packs from the carton to find that some of the cigarettes in each pack were broken and had discolored cigarette paper. Needless to say I was very disappointed. I have purchased the same cigarettes in the pasted and haven't had a problem before. But this time, it was a different story.

• Da
    Daisy Jones Riley Feb 10, 2016

The government is full of S..t!!! The best thing anyone can do is quit smoking. Find the way to quit, your life is more important than smoking toxic cigarettes. It is absolutely crazy for anyone to keep smoking this crap especially knowing what is in them. I quit, the hell with them, I feel so much better now. If they won't agree to ridding the cigarettes of that carpet glue, then STOP smoking their poison. Go to vapor cigarettes until you can quit for good!!!

• Mo
    Monique Gray Dec 21, 2015

I just sent a complaint about all of this on Saturday and thought I would do research and found this. I had a flu shot and phemomia shot this year and thought I have been coming down with bronchitis and ear infection. The dropping cherries are so dangerous. I have been smoking about 35 years and never burnt anything until lately. I have a hole in my couch, two in carpet, clothes, chair and now sick. Very angry with out government.

• Am
    Amandacrystal Dec 20, 2015

I bought a pack of Marlboro Gold Beyond. I popped the mentholated bubble and it still tastes like a normal cigarette. I only smoke menthol this is disheartening and disappointing as it's the only brand I smoke.

Jamilyn Huston Aug 09, 2015

I just bought a carton of cigarettes and when I opened the first pack there was a beetle in it that had been eating the filter of one of the cigarettes. This makes me weary of smoking the whole pack.

• Pa
    Paula Dawn Feb 10, 2015

decade gold 100's info
    Is this one of them?

• Vk
    vkay Feb 10, 2015

I had been smoking Pyrimids and was having bad headaches all the time. went to all different doctors and had sinus surgry and that didnt help. My sister saw me smoking this brand one day and told me they caused headaches. I switched ciggs, but still have headachesand dizziness. Been going to a nuroligists and she cant figure it oit after trying migrain meds and botox shot. She told me not to come back, she dont know why Im having the headaches. They wake me from sleep, 2 to 3 times a night. Really sick from whatever ii is.

no more evil Jan 29, 2014

p morris how dare you not fight for your customers. you have caved and are selling these dangerous cigarettes to the people that have made you a fortune. please smokers stop buying p. morris products. roll your own and don't put this p. morris poison in your body. shame on you people you are evil and I hope you lose every cent from these dangerous cigarettes.

harryman Dec 12, 2013

Well the last three packs of Marlboro Special Blend Lights i've bought have been stale. And you it's fine every now and again but three in a row? Come on now i've been smoking your brand for about 19 years, but i guess if i get another stale pack ill just have to switch brands because them stale cigarettes are gross and A WASTE OF MONEY!!!

• Hu
    Husam-london Aug 16, 2013

I would like to know why my ### has plastic string wrapped with the tobacco :s i cant help but think how much plastic I've smoked in my 6 years a marlboro smoker

Comments

• Hu
    Husam-london Aug 16, 2013

I want to know why i found plastic string in my ### :s i cant help but think how many I've smoked with out opening and seeing the plastic

• Xp
    x philip morris customer Jun 29, 2013

i have smoked marlboro's for years and i will never buy another one or any fsc cigarette again. its very obvious the government and philip morris is trying to poison its own citizens and customers.
    lost another customer philip morris. i will tell all my friends never to buy another philip morris product or an fsc cigarette ever again.

John2.0 Aug 24, 2012

www.buy-cigarettesonline.com/ is a site where I usually buy good cigarettes. they have a very large selection of cigarettes at the lowest prices. this is a very good site.
    www.buy-cigarettesonline.com

John2.0 Aug 15, 2012

Recently bought cigarettes on the Internet but when I opened them I saw that all of it broken. I threw out them all.

• Mi
    michelle van niekerk Jul 31, 2012

i would like to complain about a glitch in the seal- the last four boxes i have bought have been reluctant to open and left me with the sticky piece stuck to my fingers. This occurs with mainly the ten packs. The other problem i have had is with the cigarettes themselves- the seals have been badly made, making the smoke leak out of the filter and causing the cigarette to burn out faster than normal. I would like an answer and a solution come up with. I live in South Africa and the cost of smoking has gone up but I stay true to my brand. However, I do not want the product I am buying to sell me short and cause me a loss when I am already paying more than I would like to for the product. Please make a plan to correct this mistake.

• Fr
    FrightenedFSCSmoker Jun 10, 2012

I'm really scared. I didn't have any breathing problems until these FSC cigarettes came out :( Suddenly, I was having shortness of breath all the time. I did some research and found out that these cigarettes started being sold in my area right when my symptoms started. I quit almost a year ago and was starting to feel a little better, but smoked again a week ago and I only smoked one back and I can't catch my breath. I feel like I am dying. This started after smoking that one pack, and I was starting to get better. I know it's what's in these smokes. I'm afraid whatever they added has signed my death warrant. It's really terrifying. I want to sue Phillip Morris and the US Government for underhandedly pushing this on us with no research and no notice. I was never told they were adding this horrible 'carpet glue' until it was too late, until I was suddenly ill, until I could no longer breath... my sister was going through the same thing and she's the one that tipped me off. I'm only 30.

• Sandman 999 Mar 14, 2012

That big powerful tobacco company which manufactures those L&M cigarettes murdered my father outright. Yes, murder, surely as pointing a loaded gun at his head and pulling the trigger point-blank...

I've read many articles pertaining to that courageous man "The Insider" just a man who once worked for Philip Morris i often wondered why my dad couldn't stop smoking those coffin nails... Even after being diagnosed with first stage lung cancer in 1986, he continued smoking them like a chimney. Devouring an unbelievable 5 packs in just 24-hours... He tried a few doctors and those quit smoking products many times... Even tried hypnotism too which also failed... I know my father wanted to quit for he did try several times to kick this bad habit, and each time the man got much much worse... Reminded me when I visited a friend arrested for drug possession who was now going cold turkey in some god awful drug ward do to this addiction to heroine...

My father was no different when trying to quit these damn cigarettes. He had the shakes some dizzy spells too, and a few uncontrollable fits of rage on top of that... His stomach would crap-up with great pain those palms would sweat and his voice would sound uncertain just before giving in and lighting back up once again... My father's lung damning drug habit came to an abrupt end on Dec 25 1987 when he passed away from terminal lung cancer at the age of 60... I know my father wanted to quit even cried at night sometimes while trying to explain to me and mom why he just didn't have the willpower like most... We'll after reading "The Insider" I understood a great deal more about chemical spiking a product to make it 100 times more addictive... Therefore, depending on your point of view here Philip Morse murdered my father and a countless number of other nameless victims that like my dear departed father sadly became addicted to this free selling illicit drug spiked with some brain will altering chemicals, which even today are strangely referred to as, "tobacco products???"

• The taste and the smell is worse then the old ones. this is costing the government more money because most of the poor smoke and we pay the medical bills for them. How in the world did some someone dream up this fsc anyways! its bound to cause more fires then the old kind!

• Jm
    jmr57 Dec 21, 2011

Just go read the material hazard safety data sheet for 'Ethylene-vinyl acetate'...that is what they put in them to make them fire safe. It is carpet backing glue and is extremely hazardous when burned. It is worse for you than anything that was already in cigarettes. I roll my own now for two years. Screw them !

• Ca
    Carasynic Dec 21, 2011

My health has taken a turn for the worst because of the FSC content! I am surprised to see all the complaints and health issues related with these damn cigarettes! I enjoyed smoking but since this additive I have had a SEVERE nose bleed (never had a nose bleed in my life), headache, shortness of breathe, chest pains, lower jaw pain, and chest pain when exerting myself (walking, housework, carrying 50 pounds). I quit Nov 3, 2011, but really miss them but not the FSC ones. I hope with all the complaints something will be done for smokers!!! Yes it is a bad habit but so is gambling, drinking etc. so why is smoking usually the targeted vice? FIST UP TO THE SMOKERS!!! KEEP COMPLAINING FOR CHANGE!!!

haleybird Aug 28, 2011

They are right, the easiest way today to pull crap on the American people is to be low key and non-informing. People cannot protest a action by the goverment or any other of the do gooders if they aren't aware it is taking place. Americans need to look forward to alot more of this kind of deceptions
    in the future. If they make it law before the general public can protest then the chances are slim that the people will organize to repell the laws that
    they sneaked into existance.

• Mi
    Mike4139 Jun 20, 2011

Why cant the socialist politicians quit screwing with us smokers. Just plain Un-American. This crap they are having you put in our cigarettes is worse than the cigarette it's self. I know they call it for the safety of the reckless smoker. Well excuse me but Alcohol related accidents kill more people than a reckless smokers. But yet I don't see any of our politicians voting a way to put something nasty and harmful in our Alcoholic beverages. The only thing I can think of as to why they really wanted to push this is an attempt to stop smoking all together. A hidden agenda. A behind your back attempt to control the American public. I have smoked for well over 20 years, enjoyed it and felt fine up until FSC Cigarettes hit the market. Now I have a cough, scratchy throat, ears and sinus problems, I have since when to rolling my on. Yep it cost me a little more per carton. But I re-tube my favorite cigarette. Pain in the butt, but its well worth it. Since I started doing this My ears cleared up, no more cough, no more scratchy throat or sinus problems. And the cigarette taste normal even better. But I wonder just how long it will take before our Socialist Government start screwing with the tubes. America has the freedom to do what we want as long as it fits the main stream public. Now we are fixing to legalize pot smoking cause it's the "In" thing to do. Smoke is Smoke band one legalize another. Stupid progressive socialist way of thinking.

• Me
    Melissa Ingram Dec 01, 2017

@Mike4139 I have been smoking for 40 years or better. These FSC cigarettes are the worst cigarette I have ever tried to smoke. I did not have a cough until I smoked my first FSC cigarette. I have been sick with a sore throat among other things, like lung problems and more since smoking my first pack that I did not have prior to the FSC epidemic. I have had to buy two new mattresses, numerous comforters, sheets and gowns . No, I wasn't laying in the bed smoking, I was sitting up on the side of the bed smoking my last cigarette of the day when the fire from the FSC fell off and burned every thing, including myself once or twice. Try riding down the road and the fires falls off in your lap. Fire Safe, no they are not. They taste bad, they stink, and that is not to mention the things they are doing to your health. My guess is they have already killed several people, but that is kept under raps as the government don't want that to get out. I tried to roll my own, but the government had to have their hands in that too. We have the freedom to do as we want and that includes smoke good cigarettes, that don't set everything on fire as these so called FCS do. This is America. President Trump, where did our freedoms go? We have learned to be respectful with our smoking. Why can't people be respectful to us?

• Ki
    kimberly ann Apr 23, 2011

The fire safety cigarette is the most unsafe cigarette I have ever smoked. My husband took a puff off my cig, the whole burning cherry fell off started to burn a hole in my rug, I quickly took my slipper to sling the burning ashes outside, if I wasn't right there to do that the whole place would have caught on fire. Who is the idiot that invented this catastrophe? Must be some stupid government program where they are getting paid, and us tax payers pay it, this must stop.

• Dr
    drummerdave Mar 21, 2011

I have been sick with swollen glands for almost a year. Through 3 courses of antibiotics and many different diagnoses, none of which turned out to be accurate, I am now sure without a doubt that its the new FSC cig's. What is wrong with these people????What kind of america has this become when the government is poisoning its citizens.It is a freakin joke!!!They put out new drugs everyday and push them to the public to find out years later it causes more harm than your original illness its supposed to treat.I always hear about how concerned with the public's safety??????really??????This crap really pisses me off. If I want to smoke isnt that my right??? I mean people have enjoyed smoking responsibly for freakin eons!!! Its either religious views being pushed on everyone or getting that almighty buck at any cost.Sickens me!!! So, we will go spend billions to protect Lybians, but poison our own people!!! What a bunch of [censor]!!! Now I do see I am not alone here and many many people are being affected by the carpet glue FSC cig's. From what I have read we cant do anything about it even though the MSDS tells of the toxic hazzards of this stuff???? Its criminal as far as I am concerned. But hey screwing the teachers and firefighters and cops are the problem in this country not billionare corporations that can do whatever they want and our own gov. letting these idiots poison its citizens!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• Lt
    Ltrowbridge84 Mar 16, 2011

I've been smoking marlboro cigarettes for the last few years, and could agree that I
    Myself am outraged at the "goverment" and the "good folks" at PM adding this poison to these prouducts. As
    Mentioned numerous times they taste horrible, you can literally taste the poison in these things.
    Never was I or anyone I know was informed of this change, but got my surprise like others by first
    Figuring that these things didn't stay lit aside from the fact they tasted stale. At first I thought I had just
    Gotten an old pack of cigarettes. I disregarded this, until I began to develop flu like symtoms, acompanied by
    A shortness of breath, a painfull rash on my arms and neck, and scary very frequent nosebleeds, not to mentioned several bad burns to my arms and lips
    From the "cherry" falling out constantly I attempted to resarch the issue about a year ago,
    just to come to very limited amount of information at that time. I managed to find about three or four other individuals suffering from
    Very Similar symptoms. I got really concerned with my health and I attempted to quit cold turkey, but unfortunatley I'm weak, and started trying to find alernatives and started to purchase RYO kits and
    Cheap filtered cigars And noticed my problems greatly clearing up. A few months latter I was asked by the clerk at the convinience if I had tried the FSC cigarettes. I had no idea what she was talking
    About, and was first presented to the dreaded new FSC barcode that has been on this things since. I am so agrivated about no for-warning about this change and how it has affected me and others health. So to PM, and
    The people running what has become a freedom-less $hithole "WER'E NOT YOUR FUC**** GUINEA PIGS"
    Your fuc**** guinea pig
    the issue ba

Hayliescomet Mar 11, 2011

I think its time we start another petition. something has to be done!!! I thought this was America!!

• Pa
    Paul hurrell Mar 02, 2011

I just found out I am allergic to the new smokes too. I have the cough and sore throat, but also recently have broken out in a rash on my hands, face, and neck. If you smoke these new "safe" smokes let all your friends know that if you get the filter wet and then tough your skin you will get an allergic reaction simillar to anaphylactic shock. I strongly suggest either quitting now, or switching to rolled cigarettes. I know that alot of people are mad that we were not given a choice in these laws, since the govt. does not want to openly put out that they are willing to kill every smoker out there to put the tobacco companys out of business . Since they know that an outright ban on tobacco would cause a revolt like prohibition did where everyone took it underground. Uncle Sam still wants his money from the new taxes, and what a better way to thin out the population and get that almighty dollar. Everyone involved with this legislation is going to burn in hell for the millions they have killed and are going to kill. If your govt really cared about you they would have banned cigarettes 50 years ago. think about that when you lite up that money making population thinner...

• Bu
    Burned and mad Feb 22, 2011

I must admit, I thought it was just me that was going through the same complaints with Marlboro/Phillip Morris. I decided to check online, and I''m shocked and don't feel it w, as all something happening to myself and my roommate. I've smoked Marlboro lights since I began smoking some 30 years, or so ago. As I sit here, typing this, I am in pain from several burn sites on my body.
    Lately, Newports have had a great sale on their non menthol cigs. I have never noticed the things Marlboros have done. Newports may stop burning and go out if you don't puff on them, or leave them in the ashtray for so long.
    The Marlboros are a nightmare! The 'cherry", or hot end of the cigarette, falls off for absolutely NO reason! For instance, last night I bought a pack of Marlboro light 100's. The cherry dropped off and landed on my neck, and it was so hot! It then traveled down my tee shirt onto my chest (I'm a woman, and the pain was outrageous). I frantically lifted my shirt up, and the "cherry" fell out, leaving a nasty burn. I then checked my couch, and the cherry had broken into 3, red hot pieces. I''m very lucky to have found all 3, not assuming the cherry was one piece. I was going to sleep there, and they were still so hot, a fire would have surely been caused.
    Right before I checked the Net for other complaints, I was smoking one, sitting upright.. The Marlboro light cherry fell right off onto my thigh.
    It was hotter than they used to be, why I DO NOT know.. It burned right through my thick, brushed cotton pants, causing a huge burn and hole in my pants. Iy hurts like ___! Now, my chest and thigh hurt.. This has happened before, and my nice blankets, sofa, tops, pants, dresses, car seats, hair and even my DOG have been burned and, w/ the exception of my dog, were ruined. Yes, my hair can grow back.
    No more Marlboros for me! Keep your coupons, Phillip Morris, unless you offer fire and life insurance. Try the Newports, people! They'll go out as intended, not create a fireball at the end of the cig to cause more damage than before.. I wish I could sue PM for my ruined clothes and other things, like my breast and thigh that hurt right now! That's just today and the last time!

• Bi
    billmegan1 Feb 06, 2011

i purchase marlboro full flavor cigarettes.i purchase two cartons a week just for myself and my roommate purchases four cartons.now the last two times weve purchased these cartons the cigarettes have been full of stems and holes and we have not been able to smoke them.i live in vermont and cigarettes cost seventy five dollars a pack.as far as im concerned i and my roommate are out four hundred and fifty dollars.now i dont expect to recieve any cash from you but i would like to be compensated on a few cartons.i have been smoking camels for fifteen years and myroommate for forty.my name is megan sheridan andmy birthdate is june 27th 1980.my roommates name is william porter and his birthdate is december 23rd 1962.our address id 4 clover st.apt.2 rutland vermont 05701. our telephone number is [protected] and our email address is [email protected] you could please get back to me with a possible solution to this problem i would love to continue to smoke your cigarettes they are my favorite brand no matter what any of these [censor] say.i would really appreciate it if you would get back to me as soon as possible.i check my email often.

• Sm
    smokerwithinfo Jan 14, 2011

Here's my video:

• Sm
    smokerwithinfo Jan 14, 2011

The TRUTH about FSC Fire Standards Compliant cigarettes is available! I looked up the patent information that RJ Reynolds owns. Anyone can do this. The information about how they make their paper FSC compliant is abundant.

Go to: patft.uspto.gov

Click on "quick search" and type in R J Reynolds (remember the "space" between the R and J). After a minute or two you'll get the results. The interesting patent for me is patent number 7, 600, 518 titled, "Smoking articles and wrapping materials therefore."

Take some time to read it and investigate the chemicals that are mentioned. There should be NO MORE rumor or speculation about this.

• Si
    Sick in Michigan Oct 19, 2010

I quit smoking the fsc cigarettes about 1 month ago, after smoking them for 1 year, not relating my symptoms to the fsc cigarettes. At first it was a bad chest cold (I haven't had a chest cold since I was a child and I have been a smoker for 30 years). Then my chest cold turned into strep throat and then a sinus affection. I thought that the tiredness and weak feelings where because of the cold. They didn't go away. I started having heart palputations daily. My doctor perscribed me xanax but my symptoms just seemed to get worse. Stomach aches, loss of appetite, severe anxiety that seemed to come from nowhere, hair loss, high blood pressure when I would stand up, tingling sensations under my left arm, inability to concentrate on simple tasks and headaches.
    So after months of visits to the doctor, having ekg's, heart monitors, blood tests, and chest x-rays I still had no answers.
    Everything would come back normal. So I started searching the web for answers and found people with the same symptoms, all caused by the FSC cigarettes. I really was shocked to think that the government would put something in my cigarettes that would cause so much harm and that my doctor rejected the idea that it could be the cigarettes causing my illness. I am still having heart palputations, sore lungs and throat, sick stomach and weakness and anxiety after quiting for a month. But the rest of my symptoms are slowly subsiding. Does anyone know how long it takes for the chemicals to get out of your body? Through my search I came across the symptoms for nicotine poisioning, they are very simular.

• Ao
    aorizz Oct 08, 2010

I spoke with a representative of Excalibur internationa they are the makers of edgefield and Exeter cigarettes a cheaper option similar to Marlboro ... By 2011 all brands of cigarettes must be Fsc. According to a recent Harvard business law study the fsc Cigarettes are lined with a coating of Ethe vinayl acetate commonly known as CARPET GLUE! I have severe breathing issues headaches nausea and brown phlegm when I smoke these. Just taking one drag makes me quit. I hunted down non-fsc and no longer have these symptoms. I have to quit come 2011. I fear this will be a slow killer like asbestos exposure. These fsc smokes are 13% more toxic according to the study. I wonder if this is how people felt back in 1920 before prohibition. I know my days of smoking are numberd. .. for I cannot smoke fsc .. I urge others to quit the fsc cigarettes they are a slow killer.

• Jm
    jmr57 Oct 05, 2010

FSC cigs SUCK...so I deceided to roll my own and guess what...they raised the tax on roll your own tobacco by 85% because people started doing it...I am sick of these Nazi [censor] telling me what I can do...this is America !!! They also made it illegal to order tobacco thru the mail !!! Communist [censored]es.

• El
    Ellzz26 Sep 14, 2010

The fsc suck and they can go [email protected]@k thereselfs with that [censor]...I will not smoke them and u shouldn't etiher..Put them mfers out of bisness..I quit, , It was good for me and bad for anyone around me, but I got over it and so did they...

• Bw
    B Wells Sep 07, 2010

The FSC cigarettes are keeping me ill with headache and flu-like symptoms. My tongue stays very sore and painful and everything including cigarettes tastes terrible. Sparks and ashes fall all over from these cigarettes. I lit one that was like I inhaled flame itself directly into my lungs. It scared the crap out of me, choked me to the point I could not catch my breath and burned inside my chest for three hours severely before finally subsiding. Smokers have the right to chose to smoke and we are paying dearly and unjustly monetarily as it is. To not be able to enjoy a cigarette due to the FSC treatment along with unknown consequences of this treatment is unforgivable.