PetfinderThe rescuers

S Apr 21, 2020

First, finding one on petfinder is a letdown for many people. We get our hearts set on one. There is a long waiting process. The rescuers crucify you. One said she can come to house to tell me where to put the litterbox. Seriously? I raised 4 children with animals. I think I know where to put it.
It's the same story all the time. "we know are cats best"! No transition for this one. That one kneads and hurts! It just doesn't seem like they want to give up these cats or dogs. They make it so difficult people are going to pet stores. They want adoptions, but it is hell with these people! I saw a great article written by a rescuer who looked at two sides of the fence. She went to a seminar and the speaker talked about questions on the applications making it difficult for people to adopt. The animals are not free! Adopting is $124 -$225 here in ct. If we have to pay that kind of money for a tabby I would think we will take care of it. Please I know they are cat lovers, but they are being ridiculous. Some are shacked up together and no individual attention or may never have one on one affection or attention! Many die in these shelter because they were never given a home! Please reach out to these people and let them know what we go through. I am 62 and am having this kind of difficulty? Ridiculous!