Having problems with Petfinder?

Petfinder Customer Service Contacts

Checkerboard Square
Saint Louis, Missouri

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Petfinder Customer Service. Initial Petfinder complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Petfinder above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Petfinder. Discuss the issues you have had with Petfinder and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

PetfinderSite

I just want to see chihuahuas. I'm looking for mine. I see more other bigger breeds. I get that no matter where I'm searching.. it doesn't seem to work for me no matter the devices I've killed looking for my chi.. when I click on the breed CHIHUAHUA is says NO SUCH BREED (aahhh) Pepper is almost 16yr old if still alive. I believe these system flaws are preventing me from finding her. if the site worked correctly for me maybe possibly I might have found her.. my heart hurts so bad. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. PLEASE HELP

Site

PetfinderAnimal adoption site sucks

No one at this site has any interest in finding homes for these animals. I question even if there are any animals. All they want you to do is give all your info on an application, and they refuse to give any info about the animals.
    Put pictures of young animals that are not young any longer or they don't even exist. Claims that animals have been adopted but are still on there site.
    Something is obviously wrong here. When you know you are interested in an animal, when you get the info that you need to make that decision that is when you visit the animal and if you click, then you fill out an application.
    Not beore. This site and everyone involved in it, needs to go.

Apr 21, 2020

Petfinder — The rescuers

First, finding one on petfinder is a letdown for many people. We get our hearts set on one. There is a long...

Oct 11, 2019

Petfinder — fraud!

My husband and I interested in adopt dog, Pixie. I got email from adoption manager, said she's available. So...

PetfinderI can’t find your phone number to call you about an animal

Hi my Name is Mayureee Neale my daughter wants a kitten/cat so badly but I can't find your phone number to contact you...! It only shows your email and you NEVER answer it :(
      The cat we were looking at is Sebastian and he is a Birman cat.
      Please just send us your phone number I've been look long at like 20 websites just for your phone number!!
      My email is [protected]@gmail.com.
      Let me know ASAP

Petfinderpetfinder website

Petfinder website recently started not allowing rescues in Texas to use their site to adopt dogs out of state, specifically in the Pacific Northwest. An area that we have all adopted over 3000 dogs in the last 2 years. 3000 dogs that would have been euthanized for no reason except lack of space in the shelters.
        Now our hands are being tied by petfinder and adoptions have come to a halt. 288 dogs were euthanized yesterday at ONE shelter. 288 dogs that rescue could not help because we have no way to adopt the dogs.
        Petfinder is to blame for this and there will likely be 200 more dog this weekend.
        This is unacceptable and petfinder needs to stop this immature cruel practice and let the rescues adopt out the dogs. Let us save lives.

Petfindermy complaint is valid. and does not have to many

Hello my name is janet. I adopted dixie a few weeks ago from lois. She delivered dixie to my home on easter sunday. I worked at the apache jct. Police departmeny animal control division for 8 yrs. I also had a whi/chi mix for 13 yrs. Everything was going fine. At the first time in the yard she commented that my fence needed to have some chicken wire around it so
          Dixie couldnt get out. I agreed. So the second time lois took dixie out to the yard. Dixie always wore a leash. I was just coming down the stairs when lois dropped the leash and went right thru the fence.in the mean time she went in my house and took my adoption papers in a blue folder. I looked everywhere for dixie. I see she was found and now up for adoption. Now I see that dixie is up for adoption. This is wrong. I don;t no why, please help me 9102772 phone #
          Why is this invalid

Oct 20, 2018

Petfinder — pet available fraud bribes

Your so call foster homes and independent foster homes always have the small. Breed dogs like. Minis and...

Sep 25, 2018

Petfinder — employee

On September 22, 2018, we drove to Lucky Pets in Sterling Heights from Livonia Michigan to see a dog who wa...

Great De and Friends Rescue — Adoption of pets on petfinder

We found a puppy named Polar on Petfinder sent in a request through Petfinder if puppy still available, they...

Petfinder — Horrible

I'm very sorry, but I just have to write a bad review about this company. My wife and I decided to adopt a...

Petfinder.com — Petfinder.com will not help me get into my account

I have called begged, pleaded email and cannot get help or and answer to why I cannot get into my account. We...

PetFinder WebsiteOngoing Technical Difficulties

PetFinder hosts websites for individual animal shelters. I volunteer at one of them. For at least five motns, the shelter's website indicates that " PetFinder is having some technical issues. Not all of our adoptable animals are currently online."

I've contacted them twice and received only non-answers. They are a non-profit but need to hire some techies who know what they're doing. It's obvious the bunch they have is totally inept. They'd be better off starting over than trying to fix all the problems they have!

Use ADOPT-A-PET instead. They deserve the business - PetFInder certainly doesn't. They should be embarrassed.

Petfinder.com — This website dangerously protects the seller (good or bad)

Purchased a puppy through this website, had a negative experience with the seller, posted a review, and wa...

Petfinder Lising — Irrational

Looking for a rescue dog to give a good home, I e-mailed this Pregnant Dog and Rescue in Newfoundland, PA...

Newfoundland

Petfinder — scam responses

I have received 3 response's that I know are scams. They want to adopt my dog for an adoption fee that I...

Petfinder.com — Fraud and scam

I want anyone looking to find a home for their pet to avoid PetFinder.com like the plague. All responses to...

Petfinder.com — cashier check scam

I recently placed an ad on petfinder.com. I was immediately contacted by email in regards to someone adopting...

Petfinder.com — scams

As soon as I placed a classified ad to try to find a home for a dog that was dumped at our farm, I wa...