Resolved Petfinder LisingIrrational

P Review updated:

Looking for a rescue dog to give a good home, I e-mailed this Pregnant Dog and Rescue in Newfoundland, PA. Just to inquire and tell her that the puppy would be well taken care of. Well I guess because I have an elderly person in the household, this Cindy who e-mailed me back, had a big problem with that. She thought the dog would get stepped on. I told her that would not be the case. She goes into this long detail on this and that and she was a behaviorist. I just wrote back that I didn't want her dog, but I thought she took her behaviorist degree way to seriously. So she took offense and called my employer screaming at the poor VP about me and attempted to get me fired. I would avoid this lady at all costs, she needs to use her behaviorist degree on herself. So if you deal with this so-called rescue shelter(I really think they aren't a rescue shelter at all) beware.

• Yo
    Your can't trust everyone Jan 30, 2013

I feel your pain Pete44. We adopted a beautiful puppy from her. We were asked to sign a form stating that we would get a refund up to 2wks and/or return her at any time in her life time. After less than 2 months we started having trouble with our pup growling when she had a bone, stolen socks or other strange things. As parents with a young child we did not feel that we could ever trust our pup. We were in the process of getting her into a kinderpup class when the last straw was broken. I spoke to the trainer and she told me that I was doing the right thing by giving her back. When we contacted PDR we were told that she growls due to the lack training and they would not take her back because they did not have the room or the time to train her.. We may not have trained our pup the way they would have liked but at 4months old she knew that she was not allowed in the bedrooms or allowed to go down stairs. Yes, our pup is a little nuts, likes to jump on you to say hi and likes to steal things when you are not looking. The kicker is that the owner told my husband not to drop her off at some shelter and tell them that she would not take her back.

Cantfindaname May 27, 2014

I understand all to well what you are saying and agree. How did she get your VP's number? I had a new puppy pulled from me 3 hours before I was to adopt.

Cantfindaname May 27, 2014

Speak for itself.

• Sm
    smp7985 Oct 14, 2014

I emailed this organization over the weekend to see if I could adopt a puppy from there that I saw on Pet finder. Cindy, that emailed me back, had me fill out an application. When I submitted it I was truthful and explained that I work full time but would come home to let the dog out throughout the day. She emailed me back telling me that she was "floored that I thought my schedule was good enough to care for a puppy". She also told me that I was "selfish" and would "do the dog a disservice" if I adopted him. She told me that it is not all about cuteness and that I would need to be able to give the dog attention. I explained that I owned a dog for the past 16 years and understand the responsibilities that come along with owning one. After insulting me throughout the entire email she then told me it was nothing personal. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ORGANIZATION!! Extremely RUDE!!

Cardnial Nov 11, 2014

Yes !!! I had the same run in with this Cindy...they had a Yorkie I wanted on there & she was asking 600 $ ..was supposed to be a 2 yr. old & when she talked to me on the phone she said she was 2 1/2 soo hold old is the Yorkie really ? & all the dogs there were pregnet I think she breeds them there to sell it's not a rescue & some one should look in to this place

• Th
    Thecapt Nov 22, 2014

Wow! This sight should be called cry baby.com. I have adopted 2 dogs from here for about 350 each. I added 50 more dollars after viewing all that this rescue does. Amazing how people are so eager to trash others when they can't get their way. What a "me" culture we have turned into.
    Prior adopting at PDR, I tried another place and was turned down as I wasn't available for a home visit at the time. Wasn't needed here.
    You losers should go buy a goldfish instead.
    BTW, from the few hours spent with this "horrible" woman, it is very evident that she has more knowledge than all of you put together.

Catherine McBride Sep 25, 2018

@Thecapt This organization will not adopt without a home visit. I think you have the wrong organization. I just had a similar experience with a woman named Marilyn. I have never been this insulted!

Kimmys1670 May 20, 2015

Disagree found Cindy to be very caring and supportive ..i love my rescue dog and keep in touch yearly with Cindy to let her know how great my dog is. I have recommended her to numerous friends and none have reported anything similiar to the reviews. I will continue to recommend her to my friends.

Kimberly3113 Aug 09, 2015

I too disagree. We have been looking for a boxer to rescue for some time now. One came on Cindys site and we contacted her. She was great with responding to us! Cindy puts her heart and soul into this rescue and honestly, I can't imagine how much time, effort and work goes into having a rescue. Cindys prices are fair and same if I recall, one for puppies, one for adult dogs. Since our adoption. I have emailed Cindy on the progress of our pup and she appears genuinely excited to here the status. If Cindy has requirements for the dogs she adopts out, it is because she cares and sadly many of these pups have already been neglected. She certainly has a passion for what she does (I'm not sure anyone can continue without it) and that shows.

• Do
    Doglover7 Sep 08, 2015

I also had a great experience and not only have I adopted 2 dogs from Cindy over the last 4 years, but many of my friends and family members have done so as well. She knows so much about her dogs and about training and natural alternatives for the dogs. She kept up with my emails and I send her updates throughout the years, which she always seems so happy to get. She is strict and will only put appropriate aged dogs in matching homes, so if you did not get invited to adopt from her, well, I can only imagine how your home or refs checked out - musta been pretty bad! I highly recommend this organization to anyone that is serious about having time for a dog or a puppy. Great organization; great person; great facility.

• Lu
    LuvDogs77 Oct 03, 2015

I agree that Cindy is rude, and insulting. She is highly sensitive, and easily offended when you challange her knowledge. She got extremely insulted when I informed her that I trust my vet more than her, and basically told me to go elsewhere. The next day she emailed me, stating I could still buy the pup if I wanted to. Went there, spent hrs with this large litter of pups, making sure I was getting just the right one, taking time to see which one really took to me, and vice versa. She became annoyed, informing me she had other people coming, and I had to make a decision. Took puppy to my vet on way home, made appt previous day. He said she was crazy, that this pup has none of the one breed she claims he is. When I emailed her with this information, she got extremely offended, and no longer wanted anything to do with me, telling me "you s**k the life right out of a situation."
    I too believe there is something shady going on, and would not be surprised if the pregnancies occur there, ruling out rescue. STAY AWAY.

Kimmifier Nov 11, 2015

Cindy is a unique personality I agree but she is knowledgable and there is nothing shady going on there. She will set you straight regarding dog behaviors and such but she also will go out of her way of need be. She took a dog in that we didn't even adopt from her. She want getting along with the one we did adopt from her. She worked with our dog and found it a new home as an only dog. Cindy certainly can come off as chastising if you're not doing something right but don't take it personally. She cares about the dogs like no one I've ever encountered and she is better with them than people. That's all. I recommend this place all the time.

• Ba
    Babygirl87 Dec 16, 2016

I had issues with Cindy too. We came across puppies she had so my fiancé filled out the application and spoke to her. We went to meet the puppies and she to us we could pick which one we wanted out of those not spoken for already. We decided on which on we liked the one that went right over to my fiancé and then laid by my son on the floor. She said that was fine, left the room for awhile and returned. When she returned she tried to turn our interest to another puppy until it started to bark then she was like oh never mind that one has an attitude. Then suggested a different one. We told her we still liked the one we originally picked she said that was fine. When we were leaving and gave her the deposit she told us to think about the one we liked and the one she suggested and let her know by the end of the day but we could have either one. A few hours later we told her we still wanted the one we picked and she told us she doesn't know to give it a week and then she will decide. Less than 12 hours later she told us we couldn't have the one we wanted and she had already sent out our deposit to be returned. I emailed her to let her know I wasn't happy that she said we could have the one we wanted, suggested to my son he would have a new puppy and then suddenly decided we couldn't have it less than 12 hours later. She told me my son would get over it. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

• Cr
    crazzydoglady Jan 11, 2017

I found my family's experience with Cindy to be very undesirable and even a little sketchy. It even became a joke in my family to just refer to her as "the crazy dog lady" because of her antics. We first contacted her about a beautiful cockapoo puppy that we badly wanted. She emailed us back saying it was still available and as soon as she processed our application we could come see him. A few days before going to see him(after she already implied he would be ours) while emailing to confirm our visit time, she mentioned he was no longer available and sent pictures of a few other pups she had. The other pups were a different breed entirely, when my family wanted that nice golden cockapoo look in our dog that these ones did not have. We decided to give the others a chance and still went on our visit. She assured us the dogs were completely potty trained but while there we watched them pee on the floor of the area they were kept in. Half of my family fell in love with the runt of the litter and half fell in love with her brother. After discussing the possibility of getting both or just one, we said we would email her with our decision in a day. The next day we emailed saying we wanted both and she responded very hostile saying we were not fit to own two dogs, and must choose one. We were forced to choose and when we discussed with her our plans of foods and training (a respected food and a respected training program and method) she again implied our incompetence and said she would only give us the dog if we bought the brand food she said(which my vet later recommended we not use). She told us that we should be careful because our specific pup got sick shortly after birth and almost died, so we might not expect her to live more than a few years(after we already bought her, and also was later dispelled by the vet). When we asked about my pup's parentage, she assured us it was 50% poodle 50% terrier, and showed us pictures of the mother, who did not look 100% terrier, and my dog, now fully grown, definitely looks like there are more breeds mixed in there. We absolutely adore our dog, but as soon as we got her in the car we all said the same thing "We are never talking to this woman ever again." She boasts about how many of her dog buyers send her updates, but we refuse to have that negative attitude aimed toward our loved pup. To this day we still wish we could have got her brother because having both dogs would have been great in the acclimation of the one we got to our family, seeing as she was a very anxious pup and did not adjust well to a new place, as well as giving her a friend for when we are not able to be around. We really wanted two dogs and we wish our pup had her sib. We were lied to by Cindy about our first dog of choice, mislead about her agreement to our intentions to buy two dogs, and berated for our plans for our own dog. Cindy's whole operation seemed shady from the get go and I would not recommend her to anyone. Love my dog though!

• Ha
    Happy Adopter Jan 22, 2017

wow - this sounds like a bunch of crap to me. We have adopted several dogs/pups over the years from Cindy and it has always been a great experience. She would NEVER tell anyone a pup is housebroken, for anyone knows an 8 week old puppy is not housebroken. That is why she has the washable wee-wee pads down for them to use. If folks are turned down for 2 pups it is because she knows her pups well enough to know if they should stay together or be separated. She would never tell anyone how long a pup might live - who would ever be able to know this about a puppy or a dog! You guys are so full of crap! Her place is spotless and above board.
    She has her license on the wall and passes inspection every time (found on govt website). Funny how you love your dog, and I would bet it is a great dog. She knows her dogs and puppies well and takes great care of them.
    What a bunch of mean spirited people you are. I have gotten 3 dogs from her of various ages over the years and 2 are still with us. Great dogs; great experience; a wealth of knowledge and help over the years.
    We highly recommend her organization to anyone wanting a puppy or a dog. See for yourself. She is strict, but she is fair and honest.
    Bullies suck!

• Kr
    Krissi Smyla Mar 27, 2017

I am a landlord, this woman called me to verify that I was the landlady and she left on my voicemail that because my tenant is my sister I will tell her what she wants to hear. I called back and she asked me about my 2 dogs and I thought the conversation was going great until she asked what I fed my dogs. I told her and it flipped a switch and this woman went crazy on me yelling. I asked her 4 times if she was a vet and she finally said no. I said my dogs are happy and healthy and that's all that matters. She told me vets don't care about the dogs they just want my money. I emailed Cindy and she said "that's not exactly what happened" it is exactly what happened. I had a friend here and the woman was on speakerphone which she was aware of, and I have the voicemail. Then in the second email she sent she said this lady's crazy was "passion". My tenant got the puppy, the puppy has 2 wounds that this woman who called me gave her. My tenant took the puppy to the vet and they told her that the puppy needs to get put under have the wounds cleaned and be stitched up. She called someone at the rescue and they told her bring the puppy back and she will see their vet. Why didn't she see their vet to begin with? I reported this rescue to the state, and under no circumstances will I let any of my tenants adopt from here because as a landlady I don't want to deal with their bad attitudes.

• Ba
    Barb Bender Apr 13, 2019

barb bender- [email protected] I have picked 11 pups and never get reason why I am not getting them? is their something wrong with my appcation form if so email an tell me what is wrong.i have been doing this for a long time I just want a small pup that will stay about no more than 12 pounds grown.i need a complain to keep me happy, that is all I can say you need to tell me what is wrong I am looking every day.