Having problems with Purina?

Purina Customer Service Contacts

8800 200 8900 (Russia)
1800 614 5315 (Mexico)
+1 800 778 7462 (United States)
+61 180 073 8238 (Australia)
+64 800 738 847 (New Zealand)
+852 28 596 333 (Hong Kong)
+43 15 451 452 (Austria)
+44 800 212 161 (United Kingdom)
PO Box 2530

PO Box 1784, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140

Hong Kong
7 / F, Manhattan Place, 23 Wang Tai Road, Kowloon Bay

Middle East & North Africa
3rd Floor - Dubai World Central, International Airport Dubai Logistic City, Jebel Ali - Dubai
Additional Phone Numbers

Paveletskaya Ploschad, 2/1, Moscow, 115054

United Kingdom
PO Box 478, Horley, RH6 6DE

Mexico
B. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, nº 301, Torre Sur, Planta Baja. Col. Granada, en la Ciudad de México

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Purina Customer Service. Initial Purina complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Purina above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Purina. Discuss the issues you have had with Purina and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

PurinaFancy Feast gourmet cat food

Did you fire you quality assurance department??? I've gotten several cases of various variety canned food and in each case several canned were badly dented and some already popped open. So far I had to throw out at least 10 cans. This was not done in shipping as the dented cans were in the middle of the case. I have been using your product for at least 20 years and have not had a problem with it. I purchased these cases from Walmart, Target and Chewy so this is not an isolated incident. It made me angry because this time I lost 10 cans of various food. I'm sure that this complaint will go to some dead ears.

RESOLVED

• Purina's response · Dec 20, 2020

Hi Gloria. We're very sorry to hear about your ongoing concerns and we'd like to work with you to gather some facts from the cans (e.g., UPC and manufacturing codes) to share with our team. We understand this is an upsetting situation and we'd like to help make it right. When time permits, please call us directly at [protected] or send us an email via this link - https://www.purina.com/contact-us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

PurinaPrime bones

Your package clearly states 16 chews... This is 100% false! I have bought multiple bags of these bones ol my to find that after buying a couple of bags that they came out as uneven being I have two dogs. I was coming up short one chew bone on both bags.. Since then I have bought 5 more bags and low and behold.. Only 15 chews in every bag... Shame on y'all..

RESOLVED

• Purina's response · Dec 13, 2020

We're very sorry to hear of your concerns and we'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to gather some additional facts and to help make things right. Please contact us at [protected], 7 days a week (8am - 5pm CT) to speak with a member of our team or connect with us via email at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

PurinaBusy bones

My dog has an obstruction in his esophagus from Busy Bone product. The product is unsafe it turns into gelatin and obstructs dogs GI tract. This is not a rawhide this is a synthetic product that is not being digested and causing grave problems for animals. The majority of time you get by no problem but now my dog has a problem ever since consuming this bone. Purina please remove this dangerous product from the market.

Purinapurina cat chow gentle

I have two cats and we've been buying Purina Cat Chow Gentle for about a year and have had no issues. Yesterday I bought a new bag of Purina Cat Chow Gentle and fed it to my cats this morning and very soon after eating both of my cats started profusely vomiting up solely the cat chow kibbles. My cats proceeded to vomit throughout the remainder of the day. I am never buying Purina products again as it was obvious the cause of my cats' discomfort...

• Lo
            LoverofCats Sep 23, 2020

I have a cat recently diagnosed with cardiomyapathy and is now on a low sodium diet. Another cat has constipation issues for the past two years and with the switch in the low sodium diet for all my cats, I can happily report he is no longer constipated. It pays to read up on the ingredients, even with well known brands, because they switch formulas or add new ingredients that cause upset stomaches in cats faster than dogs.

Purinafancy feast seafood pate

My cats have been eating Fancy Feast Seafood Pate for years. Only recently, each meal has made them vomit afterwards. I am reporting the lot and expiration dates of the 3 varieties in the box.
          Oceanfish & Tuna Feast: 91371160L21650646 Exp:May2021
          Cod, Sole, Shrimp Feast: 91391160L11331112 Exp:May2021
          Savory Samon Feast: 91251160L21660220 Exp:May2021

As of note: The Lot numbers are on the cans but not on the outside of the boxes.

• Lo
              LoverofCats Sep 23, 2020

My cats love all three of those flavors and have never had issues, however, I have a cat recently diagnosed with cardiomyapathy and is now on a low sodium diet, which these do not fall under that category. Another cat has constipation issues for the past two years and with the switch in the low sodium diet for all my cats, I can happily report he is no longer constipated.

Purinabeyond natural cat food simply

Product Information (Best Buy Jan 2021 [protected] 1031L01)
            Date 10-23-2019

Purchased a bag of Simply white meat chicken and whole oatmeal recipe. As I have numerous times before of which my cats have eaten just fine. However, after I opened this bag and fed it to my cat she started acting weird. Shortly after eating she begun to vomit convulsively. After 10 min of barfing my cat was shaken. After a couple of hours she tried to eat some more, quickly vomited that up to. I've had to go and purchase another bag of cat food. The cat seems just fine after eating from another bag of cat food. I'm complaining to notify you that perhaps there is something wrong with the batch of food this bag came from. I would like a refund of the cost that I had to spend on a 3lb bag of cat food I'm not comfortable feeding to my cat.

Purinabeneful chopped blends

Today I opened up a 12ct box of the beneful tubs to find one has been opened and thrown back into the box where it's has reached other containers. I am very displeased to see this, as it makes me consider switching to a dog food that isn't near as easy to access as simply pulling back tin. Very disappointed. Assuming it was returned to the store this way, but not positive.

Oct 08, 2019

Purina — unethical behavior

Just want to bring this to your attention. Over a week Ive been following up with Shrenik -[protected] and...

Purinapurina bella

I have given my small dog Purina Bella for years. This morning I found something in there that I had never seen before and I'm certain this thing would not be found on a filet mignon. I thought someone should know. It was purchased at the Publix in Gardendale, Alabama. I have the can at home should you need more information.
                Becky Lopez
                stinker.[protected]@gmail.com

purina bella

Purinafriskies poultry

We routinely purchase the mixed boxes of Friskies Poultry for our cats & have never had any issues. However, in this most recent box, we had four cans that were filled with a small amount of murky liquid & a lot of air. The cans felt noticably lighter & popped loudly when opened. For a product at this price, receiving unusable cans is not only disappointing, but unacceptable. I have attached photos of a freshly opened (not expired) can for reference.

Purinasmartblend salmon

I have bought this type of food for my pitty since he could have adult food 1.5 years. This last bag had a huge bunch of tiny moths hatch from it?? I was mortified! I keep my dog food in a closed sealed container the minute I open it. This had to be from the production plant. I had to throw away the entire bag (as you know, this is not a cheap bag of dog food).

Sep 20, 2019

Purina — dog chow high protein can dog food beef

I feed my dog a half a can of your High protien dog food. As I was saving the other half, I noticed a white...

Purinafancy feast grilled chicken & cheddar cheese feast

Fancy Feast Grilled Chicken is the only cat food my cat will eat. Lately I noticed she would run to her bowl as usual when she heard the top open but she would smell the food and walk away. A few hours later the food was bright red and looked like blood. I checked my cat for blood (none found) and threw the food away. Next several cans turned the same color and she refuses to eat it. I now have a whole case that is apparently bad!

fancy feast grilled chicken & cheddar cheese feast

Purinapurina savor pro plan

We bought a bag of this dog food last week and began feeding it to our dog. The other day our son showed us a piece of food that had a web attached to it and we thought nothing of it except that he dropped it behind something that had a spider web. Tonight, we went to feed her and found worms crawling around the cup and the food in the bag! His is the first time we have noticed this and will be getting another bag through the store as they feel bad. We will be checking this bag very closely!

purina savor pro plan

Purinapurina one smart blend large breed adult formula

My husband and I recently purchased a large bag of the above referenced dog food. I opened the bag and scooped a scoop into my dogs bowl. I noticed small bugs. I then looked in the bag and noticed more bugs. My husband dumped the bag in our storage container and it was infested with these little black bugs. I am not sure how they got there and if it's the manufacturers problem or the grocery store where we bought the food. We have contacted the store and they are resolving the issue and making it right with us. I just wanted to let you all know as well in case there is something going on at the plant where the food is bagged. We love Purina and continue to purchase your dog food but wanted to make you aware of what happened with us.

purina one smart blend large breed adult formula
                          purina one smart blend large breed adult formula

Jun 30, 2019

Purina — litiere yesterday's news

Je suis fan de votre litière Yesterdays news et je comprends le concept du respect de l'environnement mai...

Purinasmall dog little bites

I called purina about 4 months ago asking what would cause my dog to get diarrhea everytime I got to the bottom of the 4 lb bag? The first time it happened I couldn't figure out why my dog got diarrhea that lasted for a day. It was the bottom of that bag so I opened up a new bag ans once again when I got to the bottom of the bag, he got diarrhea for a day. I opened a new bag, the diarrhea went away till the bottom of the bag. I started thinking about this coincidence and it did it with a 4th bag in the same way. I didn't save the 1st bag but had saved the small remains of the others just in case I ran out I would have some to feed my dog till I got to the store. I called their customer service and gave them the codes from the 3 bags I had, told them what I had noticed etc. They sent me a coupon which was nice but I had been more concerned about why diarrhea that went away when I started each new bag. Well, I have bought several bags since that rime with no problems. The last bag I bought was maybe 12 days ago. The dog was very weird about eating it. He wouldn't eat all of it and everyday he would eat less of it. Then one day he wouldn't touch it at all. I thought maybe it was hurting his teeth he was an older dog etc. So I moistened it with water he ate some but left the rest. Well I picked up some wet food and offered him that and he ate it like he was starving to death. Knowing you are not supposed to just switch foods I didn't start just giving him the other food but mixed in some wet with the moistened dry and he basically just ate the wet food out and some of the moisted dry but then started vomiting up mostly the dry food. I went to petsmart to see what I should do. They suggested wet and dry science diet which he wouldn't eat at all. And so it began he wouldn't eat anything. Was drinking lots of water after contiuous vomiting and then wouldn't even drink water. This was all in the last 4 days. Last night I had him put to sleep. He wouldn't eat anything I tried nor drink any water. He wanted to drink but he wouldn't. Just kept vomiting now just bile and still having some diarrhea. He was getting sicker and sicker didn't touch food or water and now my dog is dead. Thinking about the events it all began with the last bag of the Purina little bites. I have the bag and I intend on calling Purina in the morning but I truly believe it was this last bag of dry food that the changes all started to happen.

Purinadentalife dog treats

I always buy the large Dentalife dog 18 pack of chews and over the past few months I have bought at least six bags and three of them and instead of having 18 chews in the bag there were only 17. I have two dogs so they each get one and that is how I realized I was being shorted a chew. How are these chews packaged? Is it human error or machine error? Thanks!

Purina9 lives essentials

I bought and have been buying purina 9 lives essentials for over 3 years. Last friday I bought a 12pb bag from dollar general in jacksonville illinois on morton avenue. I fed my cats nothing but this and they have been consistently vomiting everyday. This has been going since last friday. I recommended this food to my neighbor and hers have been doing the same thing. She was able to return her two large bags for a different brand however since I buy bags that are large I dump entire bag into my food container and throw bag away.

Purina — felix cat food

I have opened two sachets of Salmon cat food today, both had a nasty smell to them, neither of which the cat...