PergoBuyers beware of Pergo hardwood floors

S

Pergo now makes hardwood floors. We purchased 450 sq feet of it in January 2006, and installed it. In 5 weeks the floor began to dent, as well as develop odd markings where no one even walked.

I complained to Pergo who then advised me to go to Lowes where we purchased it and file a complaint.

They sent a rep out who made sure the floor was level and properly installed. That is what his report reflected and that there were no errors on our part. And he clearly stated "yes", there are dents and marks in localized areas.

But his opinion was the floor was not defective. So the claim was denied. What wood floor dents for no apparent reason? Only two adults live in this home.

Pergo said their warranty doesn't cover dents. The floor cost $2000 and is on delayed billing with Lowes. Lowes has stepped in but this has now been going on from April 3rd to today June 28, 2006, and the payment is due in 30 days.

I have a damaged floor thru no fault of my own and soon I will either be out $2000 or my credit will have a mark when I don't pay the bill.

My point is do not buy Pergo hardwood. They are new at making it. They claim it's Northern oak but it wears like soft pine.

It is a "looking at" floor, not a "living on" floor!