Menu
Pergo
reviews & complaints

Pergo
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

33 complaints
7 resolved 26 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pergo. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:51 pm EST

Pergo - Chipping, discoloration, scratches, wrapping around edges

We purchased the pergo Maxx because Lowe's sold us on the lifetime warranty and that it was the best flooring around. This flooring is a piece of crap! Chips, discoloration and warped around the edges even though we followed all the rules of cleaning it. Pergo nor Lowe's will help us with a warranty on this product. 3000+ down the drain

A
7:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had Pergo on my previous house from [protected] and it was great! So I decided to install it on my new house in 2005. I did it thru Home Depot. I cost me $3, 972.54 between labor and materials. A month ago I saw some small white spots in my room. I also noticed a few planks were decolorizing. But I also noticed (and this was what scared me the most) there...

A
6:38 am EDT

Pergo - Defective flooring - covered by Lifetime warranty

I had installed Pergo Laminated flooring (PVT 28032) in my new Villa, at Cochin, Kerala, during December 2007, and received a Warranty Certificate Sl. No. 045/08 dated 03/01/2008 offering me a Lifetime warranty for the installation. The work was carried out by Aazman Enterprises, Cochin - 21, and the Warranty Certificate, too, was issued under their seal. It is under 4 years old and the floor has already peeled off in some places and bubbled up in some other places. When I contacted a gentleman called Sameer (who mentioned that he was the Regional Manager for Pergo, based in Cochin), he claimed that the floor had got damaged because of 'water seepage'. I was shocked to hear his statement, since there was no trace of waters eepage / dampness, anywahere and, moreover, waterseepage, if any, could not have affected in small pockets. His behaviour, too, was not couteous or customer-friendly. When I showed the floor damage to another knowledgeable person, he mentioned that the defects had arisen because of faulty installation.

I am seeking redressal of my grievance (repalcement of the damaged flooring - approx. 40 sq. metres) and I want Pergo to honour the Lifetime Warranty Certificate issued to me. I believe that Pergo would be a Company with business ethics and customer-centric policies. I look forward to hearing from you. Abraham K George, Chartered Accountant, Cochin - 36 (email: [protected]@hotmail.com; Cellphone: [protected])

6:56 am EDT

Pergo - Poor labour service and Damage of wood

This is with utmost disappointment that I am writing this. We had Pergo flooring laid in our Dining and drawing rooms last year (2010) May.THis year on June 4th we saw buckling and termite near the steps leading from living to dining room. My main complaints are --- Your Pergo people here never warned us about possibility of Termite, Secondly on launching the complain their response was so cold and indifferent and service atrocious as if it was our falt. Finally they agreed to remove the planks and on doing so to our great dismay and shock we found that they had not laid the plastic layer of sheating over the steps, which I gather they are supposed to do before laying the the floor as was done over the rest of the area. As I said before the prblem was over the steps and had spread from there! ( as noticed by us and the workers on removing the planks ). Finally your agents here -Kozhikode district, Kerala State, India are most irresponsible and not at all customer friendly. Hence I am demanding a compensation was the damage and replaced planks . By the way we are asked to pay the labourers and also for the replaced planks, I am most disappointed with PERGO and YOUR Agents here.Hoping to hear from you ASP before mattres turn ugly.
Dr.Mary Abraham

F
10:03 pm EDT

Pergo - bad flooring

Last year my husband installed a natural hickory pergo floor to replace a Swiftlock floor which was too dark for my liking. I am sorry to say that we are not pleased with it at all. The only thing we like about it is the color. The Swiftlock brand floor that we replaced was in better shape after 5 years of use than the Pergo one after only a couple of months. There are a few pieces that have look like the locking system on the side of it failed and is covered in so many scratches even though we have used rubber and felt chair protectors. We went with Pergo brand instead of Swiftlock because we thought it would be even more durable. We moved the Swiftlock into two other rooms in our home and it still looks beautiful! A month or so after installing the Pergo, I called customer service with my complaints, and they said, "have the kids dance on it with socks on." We have had to be more careful with something that promised superior durability. I am sorry to say that anyone looking for flooring, we tell them to stay away from Pergo brand.

6:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pergo now makes hardwood floors. We purchased 450 sq feet of it in January 2006, and installed it. In 5 weeks the floor began to dent, as well as develop odd markings where no one even walked. I complained to Pergo who then advised me to go to Lowes where we purchased it and file a complaint. They sent a rep out who made sure the floor was level and...

C
11:29 am EDT

Pergo - cracking noise

I too had pergo flooring in january 2010 with lowe's installed, everything was fine at first. Now since humidity start to kreep up the floor is making a cracking sound all over. I had this installed thruout the entire downstairs in the house. Kitchen, Dinning Room, Bathroom, as well as the Family Room. Every Room is making this awful cracking niose. It sounds like we are walking on bubble wrap.

2 comments
P
Mar 29, 2016 11:23 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same exact problem. Pergo XP in 5 rooms, hallway, and closet - spent $6500 - it creaks and pops and cracks everywhere. I just feel like crying! I have had 3 inspectors come from Home Depot - first representing HD, second from Pergo, third was independent. They all say different things. 7 months later and I still have no resolution. A lot of hard earned money on a product I am embarrassed to have guests walk on. Have you complained or gotten a resolution? Thx.

J
Oct 09, 2015 5:34 pm EDT

I have same problem, happened immediately after install. Installer told me it would go away. Never did...not I hear cracking everywhere I walk! I hate it already. I feel the product is faulty with the joints..

8:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

WE HAD PERGO FLOORS FOR 6 YEARS (RED OAK) AND RECENTLY had an insurance loss. The whole floor was replaced again and we never had creeking before. My installer says it will go away, but I doubt it now after reading this other mans complaint. I have contacted pergo, but I can see I will have to take this to another level . The quarter round is now painted and someone will be fixing this floor. THE CREEK HAS TO GO!

10:11 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We also bought a PERGO floor from Home Depot, & the "25/30-year warranty" was one of the reasons we bought it. The Home Depot salesperson told us it was one of the best floor warranties available, & we trusted Home Depot & our salesperson & didn't read it word for word. 4 months after installation, our floor also is snapping & popping when walking on it the...

2:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In Feb 2009 I went to Lowes and purchased Pergo laminate flooring w/in 4 days the short end seems were popping and creeking. Went back to lowes who filed a claim for us. Inspector came out and Pergo said it was product defect and they would honor their warrenty. That is where all cooperation from Pergo ends! It is now the end of Sept and I still do not have...

6:14 pm EDT

Pergo - Incompatibility of planks

Installed Pergo Presto flooring a couple of years ago. A panel was recently damaged, I obtained a new box from Home Depot. After unlocking planks to get out to the damaged one, and opening the box of new ones, I find that the length, width, and locking grooves do not match the existing floor! What do I have to do to get stuff that will fit togather? I do NOT want to have to replace the entire floor! Home Depot folks are clueless, Pergo's website is useless, as is the listed phone number.

12:00 am EDT

Pergo - Shoddy floor

I am hoping that someone can help me in finding out if a class action lawsuit is the way to go. We built a new house last May (2006) and had a large amount of Pergo Accolade installed. Immediately upon moving in the floor began "cricking" and "snapping". The flooring retailer (whom our builder chose) filed a claim with Pergo, they sent a rep out and determined it was a faulty product. The floor was replaced. Almost immediately afterwards the floor began making worse noises, more cricking (although less of that than before), loud thuds in certain areas, unsightly seams, and a couple spots where, if you step on it right, you can actually feel the seam separate under your bare feet. We had Pergo come out again and we just found out that they are denying the 2nd claim. They state it is not due to a product defect, but they also don't say it's an installation problem either. The inspector told me when he came out that he is seeing a lot of this type of problem in newer houses becaue of the type of beam construction they're built with (which is to code). When I pressed him further (wondering if maybe our builder was somehow responsible) he clammed up and told me he was not really at liberty to talk about it.

After doing a lot of internet research I have found that this is a VERY common problem with Pergo, and that they routinely deny claims and give consumers the run around. Just from what I've seen online it seems to me that there is grounds for a class action suit. We spent thousands of dollars on this shoddy floor, which was sold to us as "the best". We have a house that is only one year old and we've had problems with the Pergo from day one. We want our money back so that we can replace the Pergo with a different product. Had we known of these issues with Pergo we would not have chosen the product for our new home. We only chose the Pergo brand because the flooring retailer highly recommended it. Can anyone help?

12:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I can't believe to see so many others having the same issues with Pergo like I have, and I always thought I was the only one to think something was wrong with my floor. I purchased my Pergo floor in Dec. 2009 and it looked great, I was very happy with the looks of it, but very shortly after the floor started to deteriorate. The Floor started a crackling...

Pergo contacts