Menu

reviews & complaints

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Complaints Summary

6 Resolved
88 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery complaints 94

Sort by:

Newest Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery reviews & complaints

6:51 am EST

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Online second chance drawing

I have tried to set up an account online and it is telling me I am already registered. I wrote to customer service after being blocked for trying to many times. I need my information either wiped completely clean so I can start over or help me fix what I have. I tried resetting my password and it does not send me an email to do so! Not sure what to do but I am running out of time after spending 400 on tickets I atleast want to try the second chance. Please help me

Claimed loss: 400.00

Desired outcome: second chance drawing

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery representatives only. If you are affiliated with Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery, please claim your business to access these details.

3:15 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Pay out issue

I requested a 'withdraw' to be deposited into my checking account. This was probably at least the 10th time I did that, and never had an issue, until now. I got an email that I needed to provide the back of my debit card, so I did. Then I got an email that the picture I submitted wasn't good enough. So I called customer service and the representative was not only no help, but the call was abruptly ended for some reason. I am LIVID at this point and if its not corrected immediately I'm calling my state representative about this.

Desired outcome: DEPOSIT MY MONEY

10:28 am EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Pay out on draw games

I won on a draw game number. It was over $2,500. I could not get my pay out. I ask if the retailer could write a check and was told no. A claim form must be filled out and they mail it to the PA Lottery. I ask how long until I get my money? No one knew. How sad, when I play my money goes straight into the hand of the lottery but I win, I wait and wait...that is not right. So my winnings are out there somewhere...until sometime...I would rather go to a casino at least if you hit THEY PAY YOU.

Update by Royalrose
Sep 19, 2023 8:27 am EDT

Still no idea where my winnings are from the PA Lottery! No call, no check, no nothing. Wow, how sad.

THIS is not resolved. I still have not heard from the PA Lottery and I do not know where the check is or when I will receive it. They tell you nothing. Who marked it resolved?

Hide full review

Is Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 6% resolution rate for complaints about Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery raises questions. Diligently reviewing Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery earns 90% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery near-perfect at 90% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

Palottery.state.pa.us has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several mixed reviews for Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery have been found on various review sites. While some customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported issues with their products or customer service. It's important to read and consider a variety of reviews before making a decision to purchase from this website.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 6% of 94 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Palottery.state.pa.us is being iframed, Iframes can be used for legitimate, For example, iframes can be used to embed third-party content such as maps, videos, or advertisements, which can enhance the user experience.
  • The website belonging to Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
3:01 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery $5 bingo scratch offs

I brought $10 $5 scratch off bingos and on the back it said one out of four chances of winning I did not win that one single time on this ticket so I'm letting you know that is definitely false advertisement the scratch off start at 27 to 36 I have one winner out of there you supposed to have one and four chances to win that is definitely false advertisement

Gary M12
Philadelphia, US
Nov 02, 2023 1:25 am EDT

It’s a one in four chance overall meaning if you take all of the tickets ever printed for that exact game and divided the number of winning tickets by the total of all the tickets you would come up with the “overall chances of winning 1 in ___ “ figure. That’s why it says OVERALL not one in every 4

6:35 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Gift cards pa lottery

Gift card, I received a gift card from the pa lottery for mothers day.

I have taken this card to 4 different retailers from center city to the suburbs and no one knows what to do. I don't understand how something can be rolled out and your retailers not be trained.

Can my daughter get her money back. There are numerous retailers that was tried since Sunday today is Thursday

Desired outcome: Want my 50.00

E
10:42 am EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Lottery ticket vending machine

I purchase a two tickets one $30 and one $10 on May 8, 20233 at 8:16am thru the vending machine and never received my tickets. The service members that is work/own the store will not give me my tickets and/or money back. I paid thru apple pay. I called my bank to confirm payment went thru and it did. I told them to check their cameras. They refuse. Please help

Desired outcome: I would like my $30 back.

1:21 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery American fuel 243 steinwehr.. Ave

I come to this store a lot to buy cigars. When I want to play lotto they don’t know how to play certain numbers. Today Sunday around 12:45 I wanted too play pick 3 with wide ball and they didn’t know how to play it.. They talk on the phone and at the same time I’m trying to play. They do not know how to operate the lottery machine please remove it because they give me a call or please go to the store and train them.. I’m Shawn my number is +[protected]. It makes no sense to have a lotto machine and don’t know how to work it. I can’t even play a big4 quick pick because they don’t know how some do and some don’t it is very rude when I come to that store and can’t have my number played please do something about this because the are making alot of customers angry for lack of experience thank u

Desired outcome: I want the machine out the store I would like them to remove the Mallory machine out the store because the fact that they don’t know how to play and it shouldn’t be in the store and her anger in a lot of customers

K
6:39 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a "VIP" member for 5 years now ongoing. I have had to change my password over 20 times. Been locked out every couple months. They ask me to change my password I change it then they dont let you sign in and somehow your old password still works again? I really only play the 2nd chance drawings and this conveniently and coincidentally happen...

C
4:36 pm EST

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Account blocked

My name is Cynthia O'Dell and my email address is [protected]@verizon.net I can't use my VIP account, so I tried to reset my password. A code is being sent to [protected] which is my old landline. I sent an email to change it to [protected] with no response. Then I tried calling customer support and waited 55 minutes and finally hung up. I wrote another email. This time I got a response saying my account was closed using email [protected]@verizon.net. And I should use cynthiao'[protected]@gmail.com. I

was furious.. That is not my email. And wrote another email to customer service

Desired outcome: I would like my correct Email account [protected]@verizon.net unblocked and change the phone number on this to [protected]. I only want to enter my Second chance drawings without issues

Jan 08, 2023 8:52 pm EST

I suspect the pailottery dot com company doesn't make any money on the 2nd chance drawing entries. Instead, the state of PA allows that company to collect personally identifying information, such as mother's maiden name, photos of social security cards, bank statements, etc. It's deceptive, that's for sure.

2:04 pm EST

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery More money scratch off #1595, bonus section

I feel it’s a damn shame that the bonus section on the More Money scratch off tickets isn’t a bonus at all! I thought a bonus is a bonus! But no, it’s only a bonus if you win money in the main scratch off section. Why have a bonus then? Just make every bonus section a “try again” or “ no bonus”. Twice I had the bonus section reveal “More, Add 50”. And twice there was no money won in the main section, so twice I was fooled. If there isn’t money to be won, then don’t give a false bonus!

Desired outcome: Don’t give a bonus if there isn’t anything to be won.

5:36 pm EST

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Ten dollar crossword scratch off

The odds are a complete lie =30-35 tickets and 1 ten dollar winner? Cashiers are saying no one is winning - everyone I know says no one no one is winning like they used to no one no one and all u say is thats why they call it gambling we say [censored] you should be audited by unbiased experts this can not be anything but a cheating scam! I know at least 5 people who have experienced the same thing

Dishonest dishonest

Desired outcome: you should audit NO ONE THINKS THE ODDS are honest NO ONE!!!!

12:46 pm EST

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Online ticket sales

Due to the mistake on monday the 7th of November with the Powerball, it said we still had time to purchase tickets before the next drawing. I added $21.00 to my account giving me a total of $60 and i purchased 5 draws totalling $20.00 i saw the ticket was confirmed. However when i went in last night (Nov 8, 2022) i had no access to my tickets and my entire 40$ credit was gone as well.

I went thru chat today, and that was like speaking with a child. Lots of lies and excuses and no answers or results. I am expecting either all of my tickets to be refunded since i cannot access them and my $40 to be refunded. This way i can then shut down the account and will no longer be making any purchased from the Pa Lottery. The Scam that was run with the powerball was enough to remind how corrupt our system truly is,.

Desired outcome: all tickets refunded since no access and my 40$ credit balance

7:19 pm EST

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery I lottery website

I cannot reset my password. The wait time is three hours. They said the fixed it. The did not. I have like 30 dollars on my I lottery app. I cannot used, since it froze. They need to fix it. I cannot log in to the app. Every time you try to log in you cannot. They sent one email password reset link which did not work. When I try to use the app. It would not send another link to re set the password. The link they sent did not work.

Are they sending a new password link.

Please do not tell me to call. You do not answer the phone.

You chat takes forever to be answered.

I did that calling and chatting, I did not work.

what's the next step?

All I need is a reset password link that works, is that so hard to do.

Are you sending a reset password link.

Sincerely,

Lernin Perez

Desired outcome: I need to be able to log in to the app.I need a RESET PASSWORD LINK

6:46 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Lottery app

This app is a scam. I spent hundreds of dollars here and when I finally won $450, they will never let you withdrawal. They ask for bank statements, every card you ever used, won’t let you get a play card unless you have $150 on it, but then won’t ever let you withdraw the money into it. They will lie and say it’s for your safety but will allow you to freely spend hundreds and thousands of money under false pretenses. I will be going to our congress about this being as though hundreds of fellow Pennsylvanians are being stolen from under the states name.

Desired outcome: I want all of my money back before I take legal action.

Read full review of Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery and 4 comments
4 comments
Royalrose
NEW KENSINGTON, US
Sep 19, 2023 8:53 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

yup. they do it with all games. I won on the big 4 with the wild ball. The payout is over the $2500.00 limit stores payout. Because I played the wild ball, I won more. That should be good, right? Well, I could not get my money. Was told that they must mail it into the PA Lottery and I would receive a check. This is a big retail store, they gathered 4 people and had one on the phone and could not figure out what to do. I ask them can you just write a check, no they could not. Was told that it needed to be mailed to the PA Lottery, I ask where? No one knew, How long until I receive my check? We don't know. WHAT! I play lots, win little. When I play, they suck that money out of my account faster than the speed of light. NOW, I won. Yes, I'm happy and really could use the money. NO MONEY...that my friends is wrong. Someone needs to take over the PA Lottery. SAD, sad. If you play that wild ball and win straight, you will not get paid by a retailer. So don't play that wild ball on the big 4 straight. I will not make that mistake again.

Royalrose
NEW KENSINGTON, US
Sep 19, 2023 8:36 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

That is why I stopped playing. They will eat your money fast, take it out of your account/s fast, but when it is time to pay. They get real dumb. SCAM PEOPLE THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.

Author of the review
Teena Robinson
Sep 19, 2023 8:47 am EDT
Replying to comment of Royalrose

Exactly. I don’t play anymore after that. It’s a legal scam

Jan 08, 2023 9:27 pm EST

Also, Pennsylvania uses the second chance drawing/online gambling PI data to collect any due child-support, taxes, judgments, etc. Forget the PA iLottery games and don't buy PA sratchoffs thinking you have a second chance at winning. It's a scam.

Jan 08, 2023 9:22 pm EST

Do a federal lawsuit. PA is already aware, or should he aware. It's likely exactly as PA wants it. I suspect the company running the PAiLottery dot com website does it at no cost, instead collecting personally Identifying data from people for resale.

C
9:19 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery PA lottery scam

August 23, 2022 I brought a scratch off and I was told that I have to wait six weeks before they release the check so six weeks came they told me someone stole the check so I said could you please release another check for me I will show me proof of the check someone’s email took for me but they would not give me no information any Serena gonna send me another check out which is not right Pennsylvania lottery is a rip off they don’t wanna pay the people the winnersSo I never received my check they told me to go to the police department please report something fishy going on they will never leave any information to me

Richard Banner
May 23, 2023 4:47 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have also been waiting for a check since January 2023 every time I call I'm told to give it 2 more weeks then 4 weeks it's been 5 months I have 3 w-2g and no check. Something is very wrong with the palottery!

If anyone can help me I'm at Rbanner2015@gmail.com

A
11:47 am EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Lottery gift card

I purchased $140 worth of pottery gift cards on September 22nd of 2022 and they are not redeemable I have tried every machine they will not accept them there's no one that really sells lottery tickets over the counter and the few people I've found in Philadelphia that would flat out tell me no they don't accept them I have been in contact with five or six people and different areas of the lottery and supposedly they are supposed to be getting back to me but no one has responded to me in over 3 days I have asked it over and over and over to please have someone respond and figure this out because I am now stuck with $140 worth of gift cards I cannot use I don't understand why they're sold if they cannot be redeemed Plus the 395 per card that I had to pay to get the cards so I am sitting holding things that I cannot redeem why are they sold they cannot be redeemed I've spoken to Sonia who works for Lynette Baker I have spoken to Dolores who works in the security office and two people who work in other offices and I am getting very frustrated and feeling very ignored and I this is unacceptable so I would really really appreciate someone getting back to me as soon as possible

Desired outcome: My money back or credit to I lottery account

B
9:04 am EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Scratch offs

I've played scratch offs even bought books and surprised I would see maybe 1 symbol...5 tickets later maybe an equal amt of ticket price. Never any claimers...never anything over 50 bucks. So tried different locations. Same thing. You can scratch 5-8 tickets in a row and nothing. I've also tried online and immediately stopped once I've noticed you play 2 bucks and might win 30 cents. This lottery is very much so a scam. Where is our money going to? PA school systems are inadequate the neighborhoods are declining... by the way I've purchased $1,$2,$3,$5,$10,$20,$30,$50 tickets and all same outcome. I agree with everyone whose skepticism has increased. Odds verse reality is not accurate and eye brow raising.

Mom23beauties
Sugarloaf, US
Feb 18, 2024 8:21 pm EST

AGREED! I just bout 300 dollars worth of scratch offs in my neighborhood as did my friends. Always noticed whenever you get a 10,20,30,40 in your numbers 99 percent it’s a loser out of 600 dollars worth of tickets 562 had one of those numbers we had a total between us of 16 dollars in wins. I’m writing numerous places in Washington with photos to check out what’s happening in this area.

10:21 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery The app

Since I've been using the app playing games betting 100 usd at a time and won't win a dime! I see that the amount on the games just go up! No one winning it. I believe it's just taking peoples money and its a con how do I take it higher? I want a real reading on how you win or if this just to ripped people off. Many of times I didn't receive my bonuses. It's old just giving you people my money if I can't even win also when I try to withdraw fund it takes forever so I play it and I lose everything.

Desired outcome: Be fair! I work for my money. Stop only benefiting orders because I'm sure not seeing it.

1:37 pm EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery Mega millions

On Monday 07/29/22 I tried to purchase four consecutive tickets for the mega millions game but rather than do for one single drawing. When I realized this I immediately contacted a live representative using the app and was told they can not refund or cancel tickets. A rather enviable position they are in there. Who would knowingly purchase 4 tickets with the same number for a single drawing? It’s not like I get four times the amount if the numbers happen to win. If they can not fix this then they need to figure out a way because it seems like a scam with a weak excuse to me.

Desired outcome: Refund for useless tickets and change to their one sided policy

10:56 am EDT

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery I lottery pay out

I do not recommend wasting your time playing online games for PA lottery as they take your deposit immediately but on the slight chance you get a win to cash out the 3-5 business day payout is now on Business day 9- shouldn't be surprised as my last $100 dollar payout took 11 business days They are a true embarrassment. When contacting customer services there response is you go into a que and will be processed when its your turn, we handle most claims in 3-5 day but have the right to take as long as we want basically.

PS this is a simple $160 payout not thousands not any reason it shouldn't have been done already yet they give you a thousand.

Desired outcome: Payout like every other gamboling site most payouts now are in 24hrs not 24 days

Princess Nona
Aug 27, 2022 7:01 pm EDT

I agree with you 1000%. I'm currently having this problem for the last 3 months of them not paying me currently they owe me $1,200 and it has been over a week and a half now but it's in three separate payments. Last week it took them over 3 weeks to pay me. He told me I had to wait my turn and q there's people ahead of me. Then they told me I had to wait three to five business days and 8 to 10 days for the account for the established I said my account for the stylist since she started this I said that's BS I said you've already gone beyond the three to five business days I'm not ordering lunch meat for the ticket at a counter. It's unfair business practices what they're doing people should get paid promptly and according to their policy not when they feel like it or when their ticket is in line or some BS like that. After they pay me I'm done with them. Oh and God forbid if you tell them that the online games are acting up they're freezing or doesn't play when it freezes they basically call you a liar and say oh it played or it played three games for example it paid three games online and then froze the fourth game did not play but it took the money and I did what they asked sent them a screenshots and everything I mean I detailed it and they still basically call you a liar and they said that's the chance you take on gambling but if your system is malfunctioning the next wrong it's your fault not mine for gambling

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Pennsylvania Lottery / PA Lottery contacts