Pearle Visiondon't shop pearle

I work for a former DOC now Pearle vision. Let me tell you, Pearle vision is horrible. Corporate is very unhelpful and the service and sales that Pearle vision has is just no good. Luxotica is the walmart of eyes. They only care about profit and could care less about customer satisfaction or product quality. luxotica owns Pearle vision, lens crafters, jc penny optical, sears optical, target optical, and now DOC, they also own Versace, ray ban, vouge, CK, D&G, and the list goes on. So guess what the only products they sell in their stores... Pearle vision only sells what luxotica owns. It’s the greatest scam ever. Pearle vision and luxotica are crummy companies with no moral compass.

• Updated by Enaudnitram · Dec 22, 2018

This was after communicating with her for two days. She knew I was leaving the country on Dec. 23. I just deserved the courtesy of a phone call or for her to have been up front and honest and tell me that they would be leaving at 6pm. I've been shopping at Pearle since 2007. Very faithful customer and really had to drive fast and far to get glasses that I needed on my trip. This all happened on Sat. Dec. 22.

• En
    Enaudnitram Jan 05, 2019

An employee, RoShonda, called me at 5:30pm to let me know that my glasses arrived. I told her it would take at least 20min to reach the store. She said they close at 6 but would let someone know. I arrived at 6:01 and they were closed. I knocked and waited..no one answered. I could have received a call saying they were leaving.
    Customer 11 years.

• Ra
    Rae farrell Nov 19, 2018

Bought eyeglasses over $600 2 months ago has a broken hinge I guess you would call it they said there was nothing they could do about it said it would be okay will never go back again will never recommend them

• Ni
    Nikolas T Jan 28, 2011

I agree and disagree. I agree that luxoticca blows it up the butt HOWEVER, VSP is the true monopoly of the vision world. You can't make glasses in your own office UNLESS you buy THEIR LENSES and coatings at THEIR jacked up prices. You're forced into a crappy deal no matter what with the doctor looking like the [censor].

• Ni
    Nikolas T Jan 28, 2011

You're an [censor] for using online glasses service anyways. Then going to the optometrist at wal-mart to get the prescription. Way to rip off a hardworking doctor you [censored].

• Ha
    hatolietoeat Jul 05, 2010

and I dare anyone to take thier glasses made at Pearle Vision and see how "close" the are to the legal tolerance, . or get your job threatened if you don't "pass off' defective product. In a job market today, . it's hard tohave to choose between feeding your family and swallow all your moral values. The "no surprise priceing", . why do they only list the prices of the most expensive lenses? No "basic" lenses are offered. Even on the exam, . you walk in expecting one price just to have the "standard" photos taken, . a test that the Dr wants done on everyone, . and they don't tell you it is and EXTRA cost, . nor do they include it on the price if you ask ahead of time. Oh, . and if the employee gets caught offering "basic" product, .. watch out. ANd why is the cost of an exam with insurance billed more expensive than an exam for somone who doesn't? Or "doctors in training" with out a licence to practice, giving you an eye exam??? Sad some people work for that company because they want to eat. And, . for all those with "EyeMed" vision insurance, ... it's a way for your employer to make it SEEM like you are getting "real" benifits. Luxottica owns Eyemed too, . and the average price of glasses with Eyemed, . is ussually less than a $20 diff than if you just had walked in using the current promo.

• Si
    sigmaguybass May 25, 2009

Wow, if you really knew anything about your company you would understand what they own, what they license and you might understand what direction they have always moved towards>>>>*drum roll* Customer service and Associate Satisfaction! I have never worked for a company that has strived to train and develop their assocates to the best of their potential.
    Yes, that's right, They provide the tools and training and its up to YOU to use what information they have given you.
    To me, it seems you have a very poor view of self accountablity. Blame all others before we check do a reality check to see if we are actually the problem not the solution.

How can we make a difference to help better our workplace? our Job?

Challenge the process in a productive way. Ask that question to yourself. Then come up with a viable obtainable way to make it work.

Think about what you say before you say it. Become the answer not the Problem.

kk Have a Nice Day :)

mags18 May 25, 2009

I agree with the previous comments stated about you. How awful of you to post such lies about your company! In this economy you are lucky to have a job and Luxottica is an amazing company to work for! If you hate your job so much, why are you there? Im sure there are a lot of people out there who would love to have your job.

• Zo
    Zombiwoof Mar 20, 2009

I'm glad animals are dying.
    I like my steaks rare, but I'm no vivisectionist.

• Mi
    Mike Mar 20, 2009

I think all of u need to get off the computer and better urselves with something else to keep u occupied besides chattin on stupidity.. Aniamals r dying everyday cause of beepholes outhere don't care.. Complain about that; ps. And yes I agree Pearle Vision is a lil selfish with there prices but who isn't.. It's a BUSINESS people...

• Ka
    Katrina Feb 09, 2009

My Goodness! Then you really should quit! Pearle Vision happens to give SO much to their employees and they truly DO care about their patients. There is no scam there. I'd advise you to get a new job, one that doesn't require any integrity, for someone that would post something like that has none. I hear McDonald's is hiring and I'm sure Pearle would be glad to be rid of employee's like you that make the patient experience as awful as your attitude.

• Pe
    pearlepwns Feb 07, 2009

Those brands you mentioned are not "owned" by Luxottica. Luxottica has a license with those brands to manufacture their products. Lorrie is correct, Luxottica does not own JcPenny optical. Luxottica owns Sunglass Hut and the Watch Company, two stores you failed to mention. If you didn't like being bought out then you should have quit.
    The Pearle brand itself was dying when Luxottica bought it out. Up until 2008, Pearle was not profiting as a brand. 2008 was different Pearle had become profitable. Luxottica focused on new objectives and has turned Pearle around. Like any optical retailer, employee's make all the difference. If you have crummy people your gonna have crummy business. The problem for Pearle, like most retailers, is getting incredible employees. Considering the moral compass of our country, that gets harder and harder as the years go by.

• Vi
    vince Aug 04, 2008

CK is not a Lux brand.

• Lo
    Lorrie Jun 24, 2008

They why do still work for them? No one is forcing you to work for Luxottica . Secondly. Jc penny is not owned by Luxotica retail.