Having problems with PayPal?

1800 948 510 (Ireland)
1800 073 263 (Australia)
8800 333 2676 (Russia)
1800 925 0308 (Mexico)
+1 888 221 1161 (United States)
+44 800 358 7911 (United Kingdom)
+64 508 257 434 (New Zealand)
+43 800 968 751 (Austria)
+32 80 050 855 (Belgium)
+45 80 251 640 (Denmark)
+31 800 265 9239 (Netherlands)
+48 213 665 621 (Portugal)
+41 800 721 133 (Switzerland)
+852 35 508 574 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 237 155 (Malaysia)
+65 65 104 584 (Singapore)
+66 27 873 409 (Thailand)
+54 800 222 0252 (Argentina)
2211 North First Street
San Jose, California

Complaints & Reviews

Wesaveyou$ eBay Seller + eBay / Paypaldefective product, no communication or refund

wesaveyou$ eBay seller sold me a product, on 5/28/09 with several obvious defects, other than those listed in auction.

I left negative feedback to which he was allowed to reply with misinformation he knew was irrelevant to my complaint. I have no option, on eBay, to make this clear. I am an eBay buyer and seller with 100% positive feedback and until this matter have never left a negative feedback.

Though wesaveyou$ has 170 negative feedback, in the last 12 months eBay gives him a feedback score of 98.6%!!! This misleads others who might consider buying from this seller.

After 3 weeks with no response from him about this matter I filed a claim with PayPal, who guaranteed this auction and immediately escalated it to a claim per Pay Pal’s rules on 6/22/09. PayPal did not acknowledge the claim until today, when I filed it for a second time!

In short, I am left unsatisfied by the actions/inactions of wesaveyou$ or eBay/PayPal (PayPal is owned by eBay). In a simple matter of clearly defective merchandise I have been unable to receive any kind of satisfaction; or even direct contact (I did receive a couple of unresponsive auto-responses) from any of the other parties involved.

• Ca
      cal33 May 08, 2010

I had the same problem with them- I'm filing a complaint against them with the Attorney General.

Paypal Buyer Creditpaying your monthly payment

I rec'd an application and did not want it, went into the website to delete it and for some unknown reason, the next time I purchased something on EBay, it went directly to PayPal Buyer Credit Card. I've had nothing but problems trying to pay my bills with them. I've sent in my payment a week before my deadline and the next time I get a billing notice, it show's that, I was late in my payment and they had charged me a delinquent fee of $20.00! These guys reminds me of the "Loan Sharks" back in the days, but only legally.
    My honest opinion is, don't apply for their credit card. Besides, who operates a banking company that, don't have an email address to complain too! You need to literally, write a hand written letter to these people who only have a P.O. Box.
    If you do decide to call the phone number, you will be talking to someone in India, with a heavy accent, who knows the English language as a 2 or 3 language. "GOOD LUCK!!"
    I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS TYPE OF SERVICE FROM "PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT". EBAY IS SUCH A WONDERFUL TOOL, AND IT'S UNFORTUNATE, THAT THEY HAVE SUCH A POOR AND NOT EVEN A MEDIOCRE CREDIT CARD SERVICE.

paying your monthly payment

• Ab
        abunai1ojiisan Jun 29, 2009

I wished someone had posted this sooner. This also happened to me and I'm closing my account with them.

• Di
        diampondmike-1 Sep 10, 2009

This is illegal, they are changing the due date for payment at anytime they feel is good for them, they call at all hours of the day and night, I never appliedfor this card I tried to delete the application, the next time I made a purchase on E Bay the bill came from them and GE Money Bank, E bay has screwed up and screwed me for the last time, my $74.00 purchase is now $194.00 with their 39.00 late fee and 2.85 service charge, theres a joke what service did I get, NONE! . I am complaining to EBAY directly this is their company (PayPal) and they need to know what they are doing to their loyal customers...you should as well because you will get nowhere trying to deal with GE MONEY BANK...go to the source -diamondmike1(over 100 positive feedbacks)

Thank You For Using Your Paypal Debit Card For Your Payment Of $29. 99 Usd To Wmv*match.comtheft

I recieved an email the other day saying this: Thank you for using your PayPal Debit Card for your payment of $29.99 USD to WMV*MATCH.COM [protected] TX.

I have never used this company and this charge is fraudulant and theft. I have reported it on Paypal, to the "site" Match.com and to the Internet Crime Complaint Center online. I have seen several people with this same complaint and I am curious when something is going to be done about this.

• Kr
          krispix318 Jun 15, 2009

I'm just curious if it's a phishing e-mail. If you've never used the site, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a link to match.com or paypal where they'll try to get your account number and similar things. I love clicking on things like that and putting in false information :o)

celestos Jun 15, 2009

I have a Paypal debit card and have only used it once online to order a giftcard for a friend otherwise it stays in my wallet. No one has access to my card or my account. I looked up the name of the transaction and apparently many people have had this same charge show up on their debit and credit cards. I read on one post that it could be a keylogger/trojan in my pc that stole my card number. I am not sure how to check for a keylogger because it has not been found by my present virus scan. Anyone who knows of a good clean scan that I can download I would much appreciate it.

celestos Jun 16, 2009

What is AVP?

• Tr
          Tracy Jun 16, 2009

Hi AVP is a free virus protector you can download from the internet. It scans for virus and protects you from virus, trojan, etc.

I use housecalls myself.

• Kr
          krispix318 Jun 16, 2009

You can also try Spybot Search & Destroy. That has found some things my virus scan hasn't. Regardless, I don't think you should type any sensitive information into your computer until you're sure everything is ok. Good luck!

celestos Jun 25, 2009

Now this is funny. The charge was removed and the money placed back into my account. I am not sure what happened or if I have a bug or had one but I am hot carding my Paypal account for the moment.

Paypal European Draws / Liberty Seguros S. Ascam

--- On Tue, 9/6/09, [protected]@nationales.es <[protected]@nationales.es> wrote:

From: [protected]@nationales.es <[protected]@nationales.es>
        Subject: PAYPAL EUROPEAN DRAWS
        To:
        Date: Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 5:32 PM

PAYPAL EUROPEAN DRAWS

Attn User!!

This is to notify you that this e-mail address was entered during the
        Paypal European selection Draws and has won the sum of € 450, 550.
        For claim please contact the below company for immediate process of your
        claim; Remember to quote these numbers below for verification by the
        company. REF: PP-21180-ES and BATCH: PP-245-44 you should include Your
        Name, Address, Sex, Age, Occupation, Nationality, Phone Number
        Company: LIBERTY SEGUROS S.A
        Email:[protected]@comerciales.es or [protected]@luckymail.com
        Mr. Domingo Cortes (Claim Director)
        TEL: +[protected]
        Fax: +[protected]

Best regards,
        Dr.Maria Jose Muyor
        Paypal Europe Coordinator

Paypal And eBaychinese ebayers pandora

i bought a pandora necklace 79.99 from haveabead and it's defective. pandora keeps their prices up. i wondered how he can sell lower. in teeny tiny letters his auction states he's not an authorized pandora dealer. when i think about it, the items that do not meet pandora's standards have to go somewhere. maybe it was something someone returned to the store. he's a power seller. i'm not buying like that again.

i bid on 6.99 pandora from hong kong on ebay. is that not a red flag? they advertise it as authentic and of course it can't be. 6 minutes left on the auction, i bid. i was notified i was the 1st bidder. couple seconds later i get an email i've been outbid. then i get a notice the auction ended and i was outbid. then i get a 2nd chance offer as the winning bidder cannot buy the item for some stupid reason that i can't remember. that's a setup and ebay allows that. it's an ebayer from hong kong.

i'm a seller also. i hadn't sold anything for 6 months and i got online and sold a pin and peepal put a hold on my money. i found out my money was held when i took the pin to the post office and my peepal card was declined. they said when i get feedback from the buyer, they will release my funds. it was because i hadn't had any feedback on ebay for awhile. if you're not selling anything, that should come as no surprise. a lot of people don't leave feedback. they say if the buyer doesn't leave feedback, they will release in 21 days. he left feedback. sure came as a surprise to me. i have 100% pos feedback.

i think they should be dumping these crooked hong kong pandora auctions and not harrassing honest sellers.

a lot of the electronics is refurbished so you don't know what you are getting. a lot of the designer bags are fakes.

i think you have to be really leary about people selling new.

ebay does not monitor that. power sellers make ebay a lot of money.

ebay is not the safest place to buy either.

buyers can be liars too.

• Ha
              H.A.B. Jun 24, 2009

Hi, I own the eBay store where this lady purchased this necklace, "Have a Bead"; I'm a reputable Powerseller with over 5000 positive feedback's, with not one Negative, I only sell authentic Pandora products, I strive in offering superb customer Service, this lady is assuming something that it is not, she has never contacted me, nor has giving me a chance to exchange it for her, nor has she taken it to have it checked at any authorized Pandora dealer, if she would have, she would have found out that it was an authentic necklace.
              Buyers like her, are very difficult to please, due to the fact that they don't give you a chance. Just for the record, Pandora is the one who makes the product not me, I only sell them, also, why was it that she didn't give a negative feedback, something doesn't sound right???
              "Have A Bead"

• Dh
              D. Hubbel Oct 23, 2009

EBay and pay pal ripped me off over $1000.00 I had to hire an attorney to get them off my back. I ordered a bunch of stuff for Christmas gifts they charged my credit card and I didn't get all my things I tried to go through EBay and then I tried to through Pay-pal and finally I tried to go through my credit card and that was a no go too. So I was screwed by all three companys and finally hired an attorney and he was able to get some of my money back.

Buyer beware don't use your credit cards with Pay-pal you have no recourse if you order something and it doesn't come.

ripped of by br549bikes Nov 06, 2009

Paypal is a ripoff

• Be
              berber86 Dec 03, 2009

It is better to use your bank account to link it. I have been an ebay/paypal member for 2 years and have never had a problem, especially getting my money back.

• wegolookfan Jan 25, 2010

There is some great news regarding auction item fraud- a nationwide company with over 1, 500 agents launches February First. They will go, in person, to verify an auction item for you to make sure it is legitimate and they will even take the item to UPS or Fed Ex to ship it to you! The company is called Wegolook.com and here is a general description of them:

WeGoLook is an online service that provides visual confirmation and a personalized report, completed by a real person, to verify a prodcut, person, place or thing. WeGoLook customers will be better informed, avoid costly surprises, plus benefit from unbiased confirmation without having to travel.

It might be helpful to you and others to utilize their services before getting scammed- especially high-end auction items like jewlery.

Leticia Shroff / Paypal — internet fraud

Ordered Ellery Queen on DVD . Was charged $39.98 for the DVD's plus $12.70 for shipping and handling...

Ge Money Paypal Credit Cardclosed account

I had a GE Money bank Paypal credit card for 1 year. All went well, I paid on time and even paid the account off in full 3 times (proving I have the ability to do so). In January 2009 I began to have problems. First they claimed that my payment was returned. They claimed "no account found" my bank said they never returned anything. At this time they charged me 35.00 for a returned check, which was actually a returned electronic payment. My bank information was saved under payment preferences on the website and never changed. I went in and retyped my info and made another payment. It then happened again! I was charged another 35.00 AND a late fee of 40.00 something dollars. Incredible! I had to mail in a payment to clear the whole thing up. At this point I had spoken to their ridiculous customer service who is completly useless. I think there are a total of three people who do not speak clear english sitting in a room laughing at all of us. I should have closed it then and there! But I didn't and things got worse. I started having my card declined weekly if not more. Not even for large amounts, one charge of 2.38 was declined. This was really embarrassing. I called and they said it was "fraud protection". They would just lock my account whenever they deemed it could be a fraudulent charge. It made me furious on more than one occassion. I would call, they would question me and then unlock the account. Fine enough..I decided I would pay it off and close it as soon as I could. Well one day I noticed that I couldn't redeem my 5, 786 points on the website. I didn't bother calling because it's pointless. that same day I recieved a letter stating that my account had been closed. WHAT? it said after a "review" of my account I had too many dishonered payments and my account was closed. I called..I explained that those dishonered payments were not truly dishonered and that it was something in their system that caused the "no account found". They said that their computer looks for dishonered payments and doesn't care why. So, now my account is closed, fine. BUT now I will have a bad mark on my credit! They said I could report it to the Fair credit report act (which I am ) but other than that..they could do nothing. I am amazed..in these times you would think they would want customers like me who actually pay them. I feel that their practices are fraudulent . My advice to anyone is to stay away. Any company/bank that doesn't have an email address to contact them through is suspicous to me. Both GE money bank and PAYpal credit card websites have no email address for customers. You can only call or write letter. I've never been treated so poorly in my life! If you have this credit card, mail in your payments and make should you keep copies and good records of everything you do with them!

JAIME REVELEE Apr 02, 2010

GEMB/HomeDESIGN FURNITURE lEFT ME WITH AN OPEN STATUS ON MY CREDIT REPORT UPDATED AS OF 2/2010 I PAID THEM OFF IN 2008 AND ON MY STATUS REPORT IT STATED AS OF SEPT. 2014 THIS ACCOUNT IS SCEDULED TO GO TO A POSITIVE STATUS. NO PAYMENTS WERE DUE TIL ONE YEAR AFTER PURCHASE IN STARTING IN 2007 AND I MADE ALL PAYMENTS AND PAID OFF IN 2/2008 AND I WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD STATUS UNTIL SEVEN YEARS LATER?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ge Money Bank Paypalabuse spam and cell calls / paypal

Follolwing is copy of the e-mail I received today from those GEnius, guess what account am I closing today?:
              The phone they give for optout requires we to dial in the credit card number...but I have not credit card from them (Only paypal account) so call is terminated in their side without options.

IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENT TO YOUR PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT ACCOUNT AGREEMENT

The following provision is being added to your PayPal Buyer Credit account agreement:

You agree that GE Money Bank and any other owner or servicer of your account may contact you about your account using any contact information or cell phone numbers you provide (whether previously provided or provided in the future).
              You expressly agree to the use of any automatic telephone dialing system and/or artificial or prerecorded voice when contacting you, even if you are charged for the call under your phone plan.
              The above provision will become part of your account agreement if you consent to the provision by (i) using your account more than 15 days after this notice is delivered to you or (ii) keeping your account open after March 15, 2009. If you do either of these things, we will conclude that you have consented to being contacted on your cell phone in this way. If you do not want to be contacted on your cell phone in this way, you may call us at [protected] at any time.
              Note: This email was sent to you by GE Money Bank's PayPal Buyer Credit Services division to provide important account servicing information regarding your PayPal Buyer Credit Account. You may receive account servicing emails even if you have requested not to receive marketing offers by email for your PayPal Buyer Credit Account. GE Money Bank is located at 4246 South Riverboat Rd, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84123, USA.

This is an unmonitored email box. Please do not reply to this email.

• Jc
                  jcb Mar 06, 2009

I have the same problem This is completely unethical and can not be legal...its like those old scams where they mail you a product and unless you return it within 30 days they bill you! They can not just change the user agreement with out consent.

• Rt
                  R. Turgid Mar 20, 2009

Yes they can. As per the initial user agreement you agreed to they can change the agreement whenever they want.
                  Call you Congressperson and get the laws changed.

I just did it and according to their records I didn't have a cell phone number in my account information. So I just gave them it (duh!). If I get ANY calls after doing this I will sue them.

I also have my cell phone on the Do Not Call list for what it is worth.

Paypal Geconsumerfinance.com — making account payments

Attempting to log on to Paypal account payment website as displayed on account billing statement...Site will...

Paypalpaypal security key gimmick

Paid $5.00 to Pay Pal for their Security Key. An employee changed account info which defeated the Key.

I have tried for two years calling/writing and they admit they do not refund any money.

How many people have this useless Key?

How much money has PayPal made with this gimmick?

eBay Gift Cards - Paypalmultiple card use

Beware when using multiple Ebay Gift Cards to make an online purchase. I have noticed that when trying to "use up" gift cards with small balances that the Ebay system will charge the full amount of the transaction to the final card used if it contains sufficient funds to cover the transaction. In other words even though you enter the Redemption Code for a card with a $10.00 balance first, then use the code from a card with a $50.00 balance second, for say a $30.00 purchase, the entire $30.00 will be deducted from the second card. Which leaves $10.00 on the first card, which you have no way of knowing. If you pitch the card then your out of luck. SURPRIZE!

There are no indications provided during the checkout process that would alert you that they did this. I wonder how many folks have throw their money in the trash can because of this. Good for Ebay! Bad for customers.

Paypal Plus Credit Cardlousy service

I mailed a payment in January that for some reason they did not receive or did not process. On my next bill I noticed a late payment notice, a jump in my interest rate from 9.99% to 28.99% and excessive finance charges as a result. I immediately called after seeing the payment didn't process through my bank.

When I spoke with someone I was told I'd have to write a letter to a seperate office in TX to have them review my account and see if they could do anything about the charges and increased interest. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for 20 minutes and when the supervisor answered I was told that I couldn't even pay over the phone without a $15 fee that they would not wave. I was told that person's supervisor was not in.

I'll be paying my balance and closing the card (if I can figure out how to do that since they won't let me do it over the phone or online.) All in all the service SUCKS. I'll stick with my MBNA, Amex and Discover.

• Pe
                        petermcm1234 Mar 03, 2009

I had the very same problem with the Paypal Plus Credit Card.

I sent in my payment 3 weeks before the minimum due date and Paypal claimed that the payment was not received or not processed correctly and the interest rate climbed from 14.24% to 29.99%.

I contacted Paypal about this and was put on hold for about 10 minutes then hung up on so i called again and spoke with the supervisor because i was hung up on and he said that i would have to write a written leeter to send in to their claims department.

This account was not worth applying for and will be closing it soon.

richdltn Jun 25, 2009

This company is worse than att and bank of america. Do not do any transactions with this company, they are the ### of the earth. Rich Dalton Orlando fl.

Pay Pal .com — I want to cancel this account

I requested tech support with my computer today by addressingwwwmicrosoft.com. They relayed me to AOLTECHBLB...

Paypal <fbi - Paypalsignfederalverification.com>beware - paypal phishing!

Greetings from PayPal Inc.

At PayPal, maintaining your account's security is our top priority. To augment the security measures that we take on your behalf, there are steps that you can take to help protect your account from fraud and scams.

On 29 Jan 2009, after a regularly check of your account we notice that you receive the amount of $1.212.01 from a fraudulent PayPal account([protected]@att.com). After that, we notice that you transfer the money to the account ([protected]@aol.com). This transaction that you made look very suspicious to us and we decide to temporary block your account access. These types of activity are often conducted as forms of money laundering or mail fraud and may result in significant criminal penalties. If you didn't make this transaction please visit the resolution center and urgent complete the steps to remove limitation.

Visit now the Resolution Center and complete your checklist items to remove your limitation.

The Federal Trade Commission has estimated that identity theft affects 10 million Americans per year and costs businesses more than $50 billion. Don't be a victim of identity theft.

Sincerely,
                      2009 PayPal Inc.

Paypalunauthorized charges

Any sellers that used paypal to receive payments, should check their account very closely, as paypal can reverse the payment you have received and then leave it on held for ever, and when I contacted them, they claimed that it is a system 'problem' and therefore if you do not keep a close eye on your paypal account, paypal could held your money for ever, and you might not even know they are doing so, because the transaction might not show up in the dispute/resolution log. They even keep holding my $$$ when their system closed the case and 'claimed' the $$$ on hold was released back to my account, and should be available for my used.

How can the self proclaimed 'largest processor of payment on ebay' which handled billions of $$$ in transactions had a stupid outdated system like the one they have?

I beat if paypal done that to me, they would have done the same thing to other sellers.

Lawyers out there, you should look into this and clearly paypal not only violated banking laws, possible other laws, when they illegally held others $$$ and avoid to pay the interest on the $$$ they are holding.

In my case, they are not paying interest, on $$$ they claimed they have released back to my account and available for my use.

• De
                            Debra C. Cook Sep 11, 2008

Since using my credit card once on paypal, I keep getting emails saying I have purchased other items. These other items and research was not authorized. I will keep monitoring these items.
                            But feel that everyone should be careful. I have not entered my account information again,

Ricky Dec 24, 2008

I Sold a bunch of surplus computer supplies on eBay, and I only ship to a confirmed address. PayPal stated that the address was confirmed, and user verified, and I was eligible for Seller Protection. Well I shipped the item w/ Signature Confirmation and buyer claimed he never got it. PayPal found in favor of the buyer as they do 99.9% of the time (even though I had proof of delivery). The buyer then took the money he made in this scam and closed hi eBay and PayPal accounts, as well as his e-mail account. PayPal told me that since his account is close I'm no longer eligible for Seller Protection, and need to contact the buyer to receive my money. This is ridiculous that PayPal cannot find any way to guarantee me my money. This event sets me bacy almost $150 dollars that I had to take out of my profits and give to the owner of these items as this was a consignment sale.

• He
                            Helen Mar 06, 2009

Paypal decided to relieve me and my partner of $624.46 on the 16th Feb, 09, it has taken me nearly 4 weeks and jumping through hoops to try and prove to them that I had nothing to do with this deduction from our account, I have been made to feel like an idiot, because the Yank chicks you speak to talk so fast that you cant even understand them, then just talk over the top of you.

Some Yank Kevin V. we will call him, decided to set me up some WoW account, now after checking on the internet WoW is a game like Dungeons and Dragons see Im 42 and thats the closest I can come too, all played on the Internet, yeah I'd be into that, NOT.

How can this happen, that your money is not safe in your Savings account, Im not saying my Bank has a lot to answer for, but they showed me the paper work from Paypal saying it was a Direct Debit and they had already tried to steal $702.50 two weeks before, so I got charged $80.00 from my bank for overdrawn account, I have spent a total of 5 hours and 42 minutes, ringing a 1800 number and being on hold, cos thats supposed to calm you down, well i just got more p-ssed off, I have contacted the Age paper, they want to do a story once it resolved, I don't think so. I want to bring Patpal to there knees.

I work at Griffith University on the Gold Coast as a Chef so I have told all the kids to not get mixed up with this company, I have posted signs all over campus, and I will do what ever I can to stop anyone using this complete scam of a business.

• Ol
                            Old and Abused By PayPal Feb 13, 2010

PayPal must have some one inside to gain access to your personal information and begin all this illegal stuff. It seems they sell your personal information to fraud companies who call people even elderly people late at night while they are sleeping. PayPal desperately needs Federal FBI investigation. I would NEVER recommend that company to anyone, too much fraud connected with them. BEWARE !!!

• De
                            Delanie deSilva Aug 26, 2011

take it up with the ombudsman ...
                            that will set them straight ... !!!

Paypal Payback Rafflegot e-mail that I had won

Recieved e-mail:ref: sr000847
                          Congratulation selected winner,

The paypal payback raffle draw conducted in january 2009, the results has
                          Just been released today. And we wish to announce to you that you have
                          Been selected as one of the lucky winners of paypal promotion draw
                          With a ticket no: a0258176x, ref: sr000847 making you the winner of
                          The total prize of one million pounds sterling (1, 000, 000.00 gbp).

How do I claim my prize?
                          All claim will be verified by our agent company, you are therefore
                          Require to send corresponding mail notice for claim to our agent with
                          The information along with your name address, sex, age, nationality,
                          Occupation and telephone number.

Upon confirmation of your status, your prize fund will made available
                          For payment by our paying banks.

Contact claim agent company: royal bob hilton and securities
                          Claims agent name: davis oliver
                          Tel: +[protected]

• Ca
                              Cali Jan 18, 2009

I to have received all different types of emails for lotto winnings, the Paypal one, which I contacted them and they have no such ruufle. Out of all the ones on here I have received almost all of these. Whatever you do, do not give them any information. The only way anything can be done is if they steel your indentity, by then it's to late right. That's what the police department had told me any way. Not only that, I have been contacting all of these companies that they have copied attaching the email that they sent me. I also reply to them telling them that they are not legiimate and if they contact me again I will be contacting the proper authorities and that I will file harrassment charges against them. It seems to work, becuase they leave me alone, but 2 or 3 days later, they will send me another fake lotto winning. I also tell them that I am replying from my own fake email address and that they can take whatever info they want, but they are not going to get my real info. Works really wll. Also, if you get any that have the yahoo addresses, let yahoo know right away and they will cancel there accounts. This way it will take them a while to get a new one up and running. This is there way of getting our info. so that they can either come here from over there or get into our things in order to take money. Just be careful and make sure to let these companies know. I believe the companies can do something because they are copyrighting there websites and all that. So it is always good to let them know and if by some weird chance you did win something I'm sure they would contact you. They also have work scams going on too. They get your info. off of Career Builder or any other site that has your resume posted for a job and they email saying that they have a work at home business and that they are contacting you to let you know when you can start and that they will send you money. I went to one of the sites and it has a red flagged box on it, stating that if you received an email from a specific person about a job that, that person does not work for their company and that it is a scam. This is all the info I have so far, but like I said before. Just be careful and don't get yourself into something that will cost you money, speaking of which, there is another one were if you fet involved with someone that wants to send you beneficiary money, don't do it. If the bank thinks something is wrong, they will put a hold on your bank account and the FBI will talking to you. From what I have read it takes a while to get the hold taken off of your bank account.

Nike - Trade.com - Paypalfake uggs

Happy ending to story - my daughter and I found the perfect uggs on nike-trade.com, for $65 less, ordered through paypal, and then found all the complaints against the compnay. I immediately logged back into paypal and saw the sellers name was in chinese, not english, so I got nervous. I emailed paypal and the email address that had been at the bottom of the paypal confirmation, and lo and behold, I did get my money back the next day!

I was also reading on some other website on how to identify fake uggs and it states that although it's an australian company, the boots are now actually made in china.

Regardless of if they would have been fake or not, I am glad I got my $125 back! I paid for an item via paypal one time and the person closed their account before I could get my $ money when the camera never arrived...

Worship Empire LLC And Paypalfraud

Worship Empire appear to be a fraudulent company that take your money but don't send the goods. Insult to injury - Paypal so called "secure payment" wash their hands of it - after the event. Surely they should keep closer tabs on defaulting companies and remove the Paypal facilities rather than letting more and more people fall into the same trap.

Fortunately this lesson only cost me £11.65 - but had I used a credit card instead of Paypal I could have claimed the money back.

Paypal response was:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
                              Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
                              funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
                              recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
                              question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
                              and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
                              include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
                              account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
                              member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
                              we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
                              our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Transaction Details

Your transaction ID: 8TA33905T2628
                              Case number: PP-607-449

What to Do Next
                              -----------------------------------

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

• Bi
                                  big_soon Feb 05, 2009

This exact thing happened to me in January: same company, same automated response message Paypal. It sure was easier to pay, but safe? I think not!

• He
                                  Helen Feb 11, 2009

Samething happened to me too in December, 2008: Same company: Worship Empire LLC, and they mark "secure payment" on Pay Pal. But it's not safe----I haven't receipted my order.

Be careful ! This is a fraudulent company .

• Gr
                                  granduca78 Dec 09, 2009

I lost 479 GBP to this company for a mini PC i never recieved. I made an open case to PayPal but i got the same message:

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
                                  funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
                                  recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
                                  question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
                                  and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
                                  include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
                                  account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
                                  member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
                                  we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
                                  our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Boycut PayPal

Paypal Merchant Servicessecond visa card glitch/lousy customer service

As an independent business person who deals with many overseas clients, I've been a long-time user of PayPal's convenient online invoicing and payment services. PayPal traditionally requires some sort of bank collateral in order activate a user's account. In my case, it's been a Visa card I've used for several years.

THE PROBLEM: Unfortunately earlier this month my Visa card info was stolen by an online vendor (NOT RELATED TO PAYPAL), so my bank canceled that Visa card an reissued me a new card with a new number. When I went to update that Visa card information on my PayPal account, PayPal refused to accept the new card and displayed the following message:

"We cannot link and confirm your card at this time. Please link a different card or confirm a card already attached to your PayPal account."

Despite repeated attempts over the next few days, PayPal refused to accept the new card, always displaying the same error message. Meanwhile my account became inactive--I could neither send nor receive payments, because I now had no valid card on file with PayPay. I sent an e-mail explaining the problem, but never heard back.

Today I finally called PayPal customer service, and after being transferred to several different departments (and in one case being disconnected entirely) and being given several explanations as to first: why I shouldn't be getting this error; then second: why I was getting this error, I was told that the PayPal system was set up to accept only one (1) Visa card.

Yes, according to customer service, the reason I cannot not update my Visa card information is because the PayPal system is set up to accept one (1) and only one Visa card. If you cancel that card, your only option is to register a non-Visa card, e.g., Mastercard, Amex, Discover. I kid you not.

Fortunately I have a Discover card, so I registered with that (and now I have to wait 2-3 days to complete a convoluted acceptance process).

What annoys me is the amount of work I had to do in order to uncover that information--several days of fruitlessly filling out the PayPal credit card forms, an ignored e-mail request for help, then an aggravating hour on the phone with PayPal customer service.

andrey02 Dec 27, 2009

I have two (2) different VISA cards linked to my paypal account.

• Br
                                    Bradley Lewis Feb 17, 2014

I think that is not a right solution of your problem. Paypal customer service should help you regarding to your problem. I am using Payscout.com and when I lost my visa card then Payscout easily accept my reissue card in just few minutes.

Paypal Payback Raffle Drawthey're liars!

I've got this email. I'm sure, this is scam.

— on sun, 12/7/08, thein swe <[protected]@payap.ac. Th> wrote:

From: thein swe <[protected]@payap.ac. Th>
                                  Subject: paypal payback raffle draw!!!
                                  To:
                                  Date: sunday, december 7, 2008, 12:53 pm

Central claim office, machester city
                                  61b ashbourne avenue,

The paypal payback raffle draw conducted in november 2008, the results has
                                  Just been released today. And we wish to announce to you that you have
                                  Been selected as one of the lucky winners of paypal promotion draw
                                  With a ticket no: a0258176x, ref: sr000847 making you the winner of
                                  The total prize of one million pounds sterling (1, 000, 000.00 gbp).

How do I claim my prize?
                                  All claim will be verified by our agent company, you are therefore
                                  Require to send corresponding mail notice for claim to our agent with
                                  The information along with your name address, sex, age, nationality,
                                  Occupation and telephone number.

Upon confirmation of your status, your prize fund will made available
                                  For payment by our paying banks.

Contact claim agent company: royal bob hilton and securities
                                  Claims agent name: davis oliver
                                  Tel: +[protected]
                                  Email: royal. [protected]@8u8.com

Congratulation again and we wish you more chances.

Hernаndez francisco adriаn
                                  Europe organizing committee
                                  Manchester city central claims office

• Ro
                                      Rosa Perez Jan 15, 2009

I receive the same email. And they ask me about my adress my name and my age