Parts Geekcustomer service

M Review updated:

I ordered some parts from this company (Parts geek) a few days ago and ordered overnight shipping and have yet to recieve the parts. I called ups and they didn't have any information as to where my parts were. Ups told me to contact parts geek to find out where the parts were. I called about 15 times, sent about 10 emails to there customer service department, and left about 10 messages for them to call me back and i have still yet to get a response from anyone in there company. Even if it isn't there fault as to why i haven't recieved my parts it still does not give them an excuse to not return any of my messages or emails. You would think that they would try to give me some inclination that they are trying to do everything they can to help me find the parts (That i purchased from them) i ordered. I am so pissed off by their lack of customer service that i am going to let as many people possible know never to order anything from this company and or there other 70 names they go by. I will find them all and i will bash everyone of them on every website possible ie; my space, face book, etc.

Jasper thigpen Feb 16, 2020

12/16/19 I order a geeks auto part #15-[protected], cost $51.34. I have requesting about the 3rd time for return shipping label to return the part so I can get credit.

Comments

• Lu
    luis lalama Jan 23, 2020

the shock absorbers were fine I already installed them in the vehicle, however the AIR Intake hose is too short, I want to return it for a refund, Thank you

Part # [protected] Purchase order # [protected] date 12/29/19

• To
    Tony Ash Oct 09, 2019

Like others if there was a negative 5 I would give it. These geeks are crooks posing as parts sales.

Parts Geek is a total fraud stay away from these geeks that aren 't honest. They sent a part I ordered on a Sunday evening and saw that I was being charged more for the expedited shipping then the part cost which was $30+. Then I had to wait until the next business day on a Monday to call and cancel. When I called, I was told the order was cancelled and I would not be charged. The very next day (Tuesday), the part arrived and I was charged $70 +. I called back and they told me to just take it to UPS and they would send it back. Not true, I could not just go to US and refuse it, I had to call a UPS number and arrange a pick up, I tried setting up a pick up date with US and they were a no show so I took it to the post office and paid shipping to return an item I should never have received and should never have been charged for. These people suck, don't waste your money go to a reliable parts store. even after I had called and cancelled and then billed me for the same part which arrived the day after they said it was cancelled and my card had not been charged and when the part arrived I went online and I had been charged for the part as well. They would not pay for return shipping and I sent the part back and it is over a month since and I have not been reimbursed. Total crooks.

• To
    Tony Ash Oct 09, 2019

Be very Afraid of these shysters

• El
    Eloina May 07, 2019

This item does not fix my car. Yours has 3 screws but they are not separated equally. Also the plastic base is not a perfect triangle.
    I would like to change this item for another one that fix in my car.
    He order number is 15-[protected] and the part number is CH1320335. Price is 68.47 and the total is 82.96.

• Do
    Donnie68 Dec 11, 2018

You sent me the wrong one

• Mv
    Mvp2448 Nov 12, 2018

Ordered part for a 2008 Escape Geeks shipped part for [protected] Escape didn't fit. 5 emails later I get a return authorization but I have to PAY THE RETURN SHIPPING for their mistake! This is not a reputable vendor!

Comments

• Pa
    PAULK482 Aug 21, 2018

I put a order in with Stan i told him the type of truck i have i needed 4 rotors i told him i needed it fast he said oh you will have it in 2 days took 6 . then parts was wrong at this point i did not even try to do a return cause i would not get it back i will never use this company again .

• Dl
    Dlhkkh Aug 20, 2018

I will never again order parts from online. I've never had good luck. They always send whatever the hell they want and make it hard as f to return [censored] to the point most people give up and they get to keep the money. Not a fan of partsgeek

• Sp
    splbrad Mar 22, 2018

I was sent the wrong part for my BMW and when it was proven that the part was not to spec and would not fit my car they told me I would get a call tag.

When I called back a week later they said the guy that told me he was sending out the call tag does not work there any more than I needed to send pictures of the part and I showed why the part was wrong they said yes we know it was their fault and would send me an email with the call tag on the part.

It is now 45 days into this mess and they still have not sent the call tag or responded to an email sent on the matter.

Still waiting for that email or call tag that was promised on 4 different phone calls that seem to have new employees answering the phone every time.

Since then I have filed a complaint with the BBB in the state they are doing business with. www.partsgeek.com dragged the return out long enough that I could not do a chargeback on my card.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monetary Loss: $65.

Preferred solution: Full refund.

I didn't like the Whole thing. I would not suggest this website to my worst enemy.

• Ra
    Randy zo Dec 06, 2017

Glad for your guys input decided against buying anything Thank You to everyone for responding and sorry about your parts that sucks, but I'm doing business
    elsewhere.

• Ge
    George V Sapatka Oct 23, 2017

I need to return 2 parts from my Mitsubishi they are the rear wheel sensors please give me a return autherization

• Cr
    Craig McKeown Aug 21, 2017

First, let me just start with saying they sent incomplete tracking numbers for 5 packages. at first, I only received 2 in a shipment marked "2 pieces" and couldn't not track the rest with fed ex because all of the packages had the exact same tracking number that was emailed to me from partsgeek shipping. the result was "delivered".

If you have an order/service question or issue, you can only fill out an online form. only once. (they link it to your email address). you cannot talk to a human (unless you call a sales agent and beg for help).

I ordered, among other things, control arms with ball joints for my element. (they arrived 2 days after the 1st shipment on a fri nite before my saturday install appointment).
    Partsgeek catalog clearly states "features: ball joints and bushings included for a complete installation, saving time and labor (where applicable)."
    Guess what?? no ball joints! I was already at the shop for scheduled repair and had to pay retail upcharge for ball joints. was totally stuck with car half apart. didn't save time, and cost me more money.

Parts geek response:
    "none of the control arms for your vehicle come with ball joints as the vehicle manufacturer only sells the ball joints separate so that is how they come in the aftermarket. the listing stated with ball joint and bushing (where applicable) but it's not applicable for your vehicle since they are not sold that way."

Say what?!?! "not applicable"??? nowhere on the description or website is there a list of applicable vehicles. honda elements really do have ball joints. I promise!

You can go look up the part yourselves:
    [protected] honda element control arm #w0133-1839636. it clearly states "with ball joints"

What a bunch of sumbags!!!

• Da
    DaiperRash Jul 23, 2017

I disagree with all of the harsh comments issued by some disgruntled customers. No one is perfect. Errors do happen. I ordered brrake pads and two rotors for my cool classic 91 Integra. I got my parts delivered quickly and everything was cool. Thanks parts geek you ROCK!

• El
    Elizabeth Lovejoy Jun 28, 2017

I agree with all of these people. I am livid right now. I have been given the run around. I ordered 2 CV Axels and was sent the wrong parts I paid for the shipping here of 19.95 now they want me to pay 53.00 to ship them back. I have asked to speak to a manager but no one will let me not that a manager would be any better than the ones answering the phone cause a manager is only as good as his employees who are horrible. They have the worse customer service I have ever seen in my whole entire life. I will never recommend them to anyone. They were referred to me by my nephew-n-law. I don't think he is gonna like the way i am being treated. At this point I am gonna bite the bullet and send the parts back if i have not received a full refund in 3 to 5 days I will be going to my bank to dispute the charges. Good bye Parts Geek you gave your self a good name you are all a bunch of Geeks. Look it up.

Lynn Moor May 01, 2017

Lets file a class action suit - who's with me - don't just sit around complaining lets do something about it. let's make them sit up and take notice.

Lynn Moor May 01, 2017

They are thiefs - do not buy here - warning - warning - warning - tell everyone you know - don't let them get away with it.

Tell everyone you know - do you part

Lynn Moor May 01, 2017

Worst of the worst - do not buy here - warning - warning - warning - you've been warned

• Su
    surfing Aug 19, 2016

I lost over $300. parts geek claim they never received the returned item in spite of the fact that it was return shipped by fedex and I have an rma number in hand!!!. I will never again buy anything from these scums.

• Re
    Reviewer67336 Feb 25, 2016

These crooks require that you submit a "Support Ticket" to get a return authorization. It just so happens that this system doesn't work! I've tried 10 times with the correct info required and got rejected each time! Avoid this company at all cost!!!

• Ba
    Bad Parts Feb 17, 2016

This is the worse online shopping experience I ever had. I ordered a tail light for my car, immediately upon delivery, I opened up the box and found it to be completely different than what I ordered. I looked for a phone number to call and report the error but there isn't one clearly marked on the website or email. There were instructions to submit a ticket, it was down all day. Finally, when it was up and running I submitted my complaint. I included a screenshot of the product I ordered from the website and a photo of what came in the box. Please note the box wasn't sealed properly nor included an invoice. I was worried the correct product fell out!
    In response, the company stated they shipped the right part, and the picture wasn't a representation. I was to read the notes on the side. The pictured tail light was the outer portion of the tail light. They sent me the inner. This company is shady. There are a lot of fine prints. I have lost money because they shipped me the wrong part, and I am paying $20 to send it back. That makes $30 in total for shipping. The least they could have done was to pay for return shipping instead they are pretty defiant and feel that its ethical to falsely advertise to consumers.
    I am writing to prevent other people from doing business with PartsGeek, please support other businesses. This was a waste of time and money.

• Pi
    PissedOffinfl Nov 30, 2015

I ordered from parts geek I received confirmation an tracking number the part came in on time but guess what wrong part I contacted parts geek Visa email I got a reply they wanted my vin number I sent my vin number I got the second reply that was the correct part don't you think if that was the correct part I would've used it have tried contacting them numerous times email phone no answer part geek has gone silent I guess they keep my $110 i'm going to file a complaint with BBB and my credit card company also rip-off.com I guess I should've seen a red flag when parts geek is not allowed on eBay or to use PayPal . Pissed off in Florida

• Re
    Reviewer83140 Aug 21, 2015

August 2015. Extremely poor customer service. They sent me parts with numbers that did not match the order numbers. I tried numerous times to resolve the issue via email and they seemed totally incapable of understanding a very simple issue. I finally tried a provided phone number and waited for over 20 minutes with no response. In frustration I returned the items and was charged a restock fee! I will never do business with Parts Geek again and highly suggest that anyone reading this do the same.

• Gr
    Grayling Monson Aug 15, 2015

I bought an "Ignition Lock and Cylinder Switch " for $78.00 is dollars, about $83.00 or so after shipping. I installed the part and had 2 mechanic friends and one 3rd party mechanic I paid $60, 00. The all inspected it after I had installed it and said that it was done properly and everything was in the right place. The mechanic I paid 60.00 only ended up taking $20.00 in the end because I still had everything stripped down to make it easier for them to check. I drove roughly 2-5 hours in the 3 months it was installed in my car. I was on break from work. One week into my return to work I needed to start the car at most 5-6 times a day for 5 out of the 7 days of the week. The next step into caring for my car was some new tires, and when I arrived at the tire station, I was asked to move the car from the parking space into the entry to the service bay. The ignition seized up and would not turn past position 2. I tried to remove it and see if the device would even get to position 3, and some of the people at the tire store tried to lend a hand. I took it with a grain of salt because they are tire people and its not impossible that they know ignitions but they might not. I had AAA tow my car to a well respected well reviewed service station and the end result was $387.00 for a new factory approved one w/installation. I wouldn't advise purchasing from this company. I placed a negative review of this product and found that the 10 pages that a customer can see appear to all be 5 star ratings and far more than the 50 characters I was allowed to use when posting my disdain.

• Ga
    Garak Jul 16, 2015

BUYERS BEWARE! I ordered parts from partsgeek.com I ordered a AC compressor and drier two weeks ago. According to description it should be perfect OEM match. I received the part two days ago. Clutch pulley has 8 groves rather 6. I contacted Partsgeek and they provided me with RA number requiring me to pay for shipping, insurance and any damages may occur during shipping. Also they stated credit will be issued to my account in 30 days. I tried to send them another ticket asking why I am responsible for shipping and waiting 30 days to get my money. My ticket was rejected. I tried this 4 time and got rejected everytime. Then I called their sales number after 15 minutes hold they dropped me. I tried calling again same thing happened. I requested my bank to stop payment. I will sent their material back as soon as I receive prepaid pre-insured RA label. BUT NEVER AGAIN

Mary Gilliam Jun 20, 2015

I ordered brakes and a radiator, which I did receive, but I also received rotors and drums that I did NOT order. I tried to call but so far, no luck. I sent a ticked as they said, received an email the same day asking to write down all the parts that I received, which I did. Today I received an email from them detailing the order. I tried to answer but it told me to fill up a ticket on their website, which I did, but it said that I reached the maximum open tickets allowed. I tried to call but of course they are closed!!! Right now, I am extremely upset but I won't give up until I get my money back!

Ja5onL Apr 08, 2015

I couldn't agree more, Parts-Geek recently really screwed me over. What sucks is I have had a bunch of transactions in the past with them and never had a problem till this time. I ordered a Clutch kit and Flywheel for my 08 328xi, prices were great and the shipping even had everything here within a couple days. A few day's later the car meet's it's demise before I can ever use the parts, so I email in and get 2 RMA numbers. Sweet that was easy, Flywheel was to head to NJ and the Clutch Kit to CA. Ok strange but whatever so I do as told and send everything off. 2 weeks later... nothing, the parts were signed for, so I email in, and I get a nasty email back saying that the CA warehouse got the Flywheel and re-routed it to NJ even though my ups tracking number shows it delivered and signed for in NJ, but that the Clutch kit was returned to CA correctly and the RMA matched etc. So I am rather confused at this point because the new tracking number I got for the Flywheel says its heading to CA, where I sent the Clutch Kit to. I got a refund for the Clutch kit the next day ironically enough, so I emailed about the Flywheel again and they told me specifically that because I shipped the Clutch to NJ and the Flywheel to CA I was getting no refund because their return policy states they wont refund anything shipped to the wrong address. Wait so now the Clutch kit that I just got refunded for was shipped to the wrong address? So I give them the original Clutch tacking number that shows it was sent to CA just like they asked and of course that part of my email is ignored and they just keep saying I am wrong. So the way I see it is the cheaper part they are ok with refunding me for, but the $500 part they don't want to and are creating a story and fighting me till I shut up? Because I am sure they have re-sold the thing by now, why flex on part of the order and not the rest, why have a policy to begin with, who knows, shady shady shady, I called my CC company and disputed the charges, hopefully that gets the job done because I currently don't have the parts or the money I am just out the 500 bucks.

• Bo
    Boxey Feb 21, 2015

Comments are VERY true. I ordered parts I needed they say they had but didn't have the one of 3. But sent the other ones anyway. I couldn't use the 2 without the other one. But customer service SUCKS!! They didn't give me a chance to say don't ship the other 2 cause I couldn't use em . they sant them anyway and wanted me to pay for return shipping.Still waiting for a response. Maybe the BBB will have better luck .

• Gr
    greek greek Dec 08, 2014

five weeks and waiting.. nobody home at parts geek. somehow haft of my order was lost and they still cannot come up with the missing parts.

• Ri
    rippo man Sep 18, 2014

company are scam send chip part return as soon as possible...part isn't good...distributors of their parts...

• Sc
    Screwed by Geeks Aug 29, 2014

I too have been scammed by this company! I ordered a right rear passenger side! They sent the drivers side Assembly .
    Return the part $16.79 plus a 15% re-stocking fee. Out $25.00 and your time! Never use( partsgeek.com ) Give it to your local business like Auto Zone.., . And Geeks did not even send Vaseline!

• Cu
    customer812 Aug 25, 2014

Add me to the list, wish I had looked here before ordering on Aug 12. I ordered several parts, they messed up the order sending me two rt side cv axles and no left. Submitted the support ticket last week someone did email me back 1.5 days later and say they would check on it and get back with me. Still had not heard anything back. I just called their 800 number, sat on hold for several minutes prior to being told that they had messed up some stuff and that he would correct it. I asked if the correct part was on its way and he indicated no and that it would not be until I paid to send back the wrong part he became very rued when I indicated I was reading all these bad reviews and planned to add to them. What a terrible company.

• Da
    daydream_guy Aug 23, 2014

I ordered an intake manifold from these jokers because they had the best price plus free shipping. I got a notice that it would be about 8-10 days to get it. I waited the 10 days, and started checking to see where it was. I promptly received a number assigned to my email then 3 days later got a request for rating. After another 2 days of digging on my own, I discovered my order had never been sent thru, and the next day got a request to call and reorder. My reply, was "No thanks, forget it, I read your reviews." I wonder how these people are still in business. They will get nothing else from me, regardless of the price.

Jazzdog Jun 12, 2014

Add me to the list of a dissatisfied customer of Parts Geek. The story is too long to tell but - bottom line - communication with them is non-existent, their attitude seems to be that they don't give a damn. While waiting for a Return Authorization Number (it only took 4 submissions of their 'tickets' to eventually get this!) I found another supplier, same price, who provided the correct part (fog lamp for a VW) and it was delivered within three days. I'm still waiting for the credit to be applied to my credit card.
    I would not be surprised to learn that Parts Geek spend their days composing the glowing customer reviews that appear on their web site.
    A pox on their house!

• Dc
    DCU May 03, 2014

parts geek will rip you off then laugh about it. This company needs to be SHUT DOWN.

• Hg
    hgreeno51 Apr 21, 2014

"I ordered a 3rd break light for my
    wife's VW Beetle on February 27. 20014, it has round ends and
    is mounted in the trunk, the 3rd bread light I got has 90deg corners on
    the end and looks like it sets on the shelf in the back window. It took
    2weeks to get the Return Authorization Number: 2774052. Which cost me
    $11.25 to ship back because I needed to insure a part that does not fit.
    Then I am charged a restocking fee of $7.25 then they gave my money
    back. Thanks!!! Now I am out $18.50 and still do not have a 3rd bread
    light.Went to Auburn Volts Wagon and paid a little more but got the right part the first time for my wife's Bettle.. For my Honda, Chev, and Dodge. I use rockauto, and ebay moters.
    I have told all my friends and auto techs to stay away.

• De
    Debeee Apr 15, 2014

This is a dishonorable company. I order parts using their look-up tool. I eventually received the wrong parts and had to send several emails to get a return auth number. Even though it was their error I had to pay return postage and still haven't received a refund and if I ever do it will less the return fee. It seems as though they do this with the intent of making money and keeping the parts. I paid using AMEX and have reported them as the crooks to AMEX. I'm hoping my card warrenty will reimburse me for being ripped off.
    An honest mistake is one thing but these guys are crooks who won't even answer the phone.

• We
    Wendy Hakes Mar 28, 2014

Just had the same situation happen to me as above. The fender flares I ordered do not line up even though the year/make/model say they should. They tell me I cannot return them because I do not have the original box. The body man did not keep the boxes for the items he installed, but it is their way of not taking them back. I have bought many part from them but I will not be buying anymore!! It sounds like even if I did return them, I would have a terrible time getting my money back. Oh well, their loss, you lose enough customers you will eventually go out of business!

• Te
    Terence Lowe Mar 03, 2014

My E-mail is [email protected] Terence Lowe(1497 NE Yaquina Hts Dr, Newport Oregon ) I ordered the following parts for my 1994 Pontiac Transam (5.7 LT-1 V-8) AC DELCO water pump #[protected], MULTI-rib belt #[protected]. STARTER #[protected]. (Total $229.60) Ordered on Feb 25th but never received a E-mail from you. I ordered other parts on Feb 4th and received them in a couple days . I just need an E-mail from you that you received my order for the (3) parts listed above.

• Te
    TeddyBearr Feb 27, 2014

Parts geek suck! I ordered a K&N cold air intake from them a couple days ago. Still no customer service considering they sent me the wrong part. They have some cheap prices, and I got the wrong part within a decent time period (6 days). But, they will not pay return charges, More than 75 % of their reviews are terrible and no one likes them. Do not fall for the low prices, just shop around and find a second best because you will never get a return or the correct part. I will be reporting them to the BBB and any other federal business bureau. Any one else with bad reviews should do the same. On a good note, I accidentally called K&N thinking it was parts geeks number and complained, after apologizing for giving them the bad rap I meant for parts geek they offered to return my product, and give me a refund for what I payed, and pay for my return shipping costs. I did not have to wait forever on hold with them either, so props to K&N for stepping up, and their employee James for being the best telephone customer service I have encountered.