Parts Geekcustomer service

M Review updated:

I ordered some parts from this company (Parts geek) a few days ago and ordered overnight shipping and have yet to recieve the parts. I called ups and they didn't have any information as to where my parts were. Ups told me to contact parts geek to find out where the parts were. I called about 15 times, sent about 10 emails to there customer service department, and left about 10 messages for them to call me back and i have still yet to get a response from anyone in there company. Even if it isn't there fault as to why i haven't recieved my parts it still does not give them an excuse to not return any of my messages or emails. You would think that they would try to give me some inclination that they are trying to do everything they can to help me find the parts (That i purchased from them) i ordered. I am so pissed off by their lack of customer service that i am going to let as many people possible know never to order anything from this company and or there other 70 names they go by. I will find them all and i will bash everyone of them on every website possible ie; my space, face book, etc.

marko4122 Jun 03, 2009

parts geek sucks!

• Go
    gouki69 Jul 20, 2009

marko4122 is 100% accurate about his statements about PartsGeek.

I ordered a part for my car and it never arrived. I called their customer service number at 1.800.541.9352 ext: 2 to see if I can find out the status of my package. After a 5 min wait while listening to some prerecorded rock music, it kicked me to the answering machine. I had left a message and contact information as instructed and patiently waited for a call back. Well folks, I got nothing, no call, no email, no contact. I had repeated this process, 3 times, each time resulting in an answering machine response, with no replies.

I also tried emailing [protected]@partsgeek.com about my package, twice, I got no reply.

It seems as if PartGeek doesn't care about their customers, lacks customer service, and is in it to take your money. Prices on their site are very competitive, but what's the point of buying from them if you never get your parts? Caveat emptor. I've never dealt with such an unprofessional company since I've started buying goods from the internet. You hear about internet SCAM sites all the time, http://www.partsgeek.com/ sure seems like one of them. I am going to call my credit card company to see what I can do.

============

Still don't believe us, take the PartsGeek Challenge:

1. Call 1.800.541.9352 ext: 2 for PartsGeek customer service and see if you can get a hold of a person.

2. Email [protected]@partsgeek.com and try to get a non-automated reply.

To PartsGeek: Congratulations on having this as the first page that pops up on Google results when people search for "PartsGeek Customer Service." If marko4122 and I lost our money to save other people their money from scammers like PartGeek, I am glad to lose my $50 for such a good cause.

Good luck cleaning up your horrible reputation.

-Consumerists in Action.

• Th
    Thoan Oct 07, 2009

Similar experience. Parts are shown as "in-stock" when ordered, but they're not.
    Emails are sent with empty fields for which parts are not in-stock.
    Phone calls are not returned.
    partsgeek.com is a good place to order parts, if you don't need them in any particular lifetime. Perhaps.

• Br
    Brandon13 Oct 09, 2009

Parts geek sucks. they sent me a cracked mirror and want me to pay for another one before they return my money for the first one. i will Never buy from them again!

• Jt
    JTRust94 Nov 24, 2009

I ordered parts from this company and got an email back days later that said my account was on hold. I called at least 30 times over a couple days to see what the problem was. The few times I wasn't sent to a voicemail after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I would be asked for my information, then they said "please hold" and I was disconnected every time. Apparently this company is known for terrible customer service. I will NEVER recomend this company to anyone and will NEVER use it again. I am still working to try to regain my money. This company is a total scam!!!

• Rx
    rx2man Jan 06, 2010

Well lucky me, I just ordered a little under $300 in cooling system parts from these guys. I will see what happens, I can tell you though the one good thing about companies like this is if you do get some parts but there is a problem and file a dispute with your CC company these companies will not respond to the CC company either. You then get a charge back and whatever you got is free. My favorite company to do this with is Tower Records, they are so pathetic mess things up and dont respond to the CC company one little thing and the $100 order is free cause they cant respond to anyone. Getting ready to see how partsgeek responds to the CC company as they already have this order messed up.

• Ko
    KOOLNDN Jan 28, 2010

Well Thank you all. I was about to order something from this website and thought why not do a company search before I give my info to them!! All your posts were very helpful and definitely going spend that extra $25 to buy the part from the dealer!! Thanks again.

• Fa
    fastfrank Jan 30, 2010

Ok PC and Blog MADNESS has struck the good and sane people of America. I own a BMW specialty shop since 1989, and I have been placing online orders with Partsgeeks, Parts Train, Auto Haus Arizona, Euro Part Direct and US Auto for like 5 or 6 years now. They all are great and they all suck in their own right. Parts Geek has great prices and nice sales people, but seems under-staffed and never picks up their phones, Parts Train always picks up phones but changes prices like I change my socks, Autohaus AZ has great prices one week and then blows out of stock the next and can suck on old returns, but sales people rock, Euro Parts Direct is all over the place in respect to pricing and sucks on returns, and US Auto is hard to trust because I hate giving my credit info to some dude who I can tell is sitting in Pakistan or India.

When I read negative posts like this one on Partsgeek I have to say I am angry and I can't take it no more. I mean if you have a bad meal in a restaurant do you call food editors, post blogs, and write bad things about the joint? Weird society we live in, and truthfully these negative posts make me think that they are either jilted ex-lovers or competitors torturing each other. Ever just google or yahoo search these companies and see how they are all suing each other as well? So I am sure this post and others like it are just not real. I mean what normal dude would waste their time with such nonsense? That is why I don't believe half the stuff I read any more and even less like these negative posts. GET A LIFE PEOPLE. Don't like the song...turn the station!!

I think you can get honest reviews from places like Reseller Ratings dot com, because all these guys have thousands of reviews, and I know when I conclude my parts orders online I go right into Reseller Ratings - so these are just normal people like me filling in a survey if we are thrilled or pissed. GUESS WHAT? All of these stores, including Parts Geek have scores of 9 or better out of 10 in all categories at reseller ratings. I mean really, what does that tell you? I can personally tell you if I place 10 order with these Geek Boys... sure enough 1 will be screwed to high hell. Same with the other guys as well. Same as if you eat somewhere 10 times. If you hate these people or didn't get a credit, let me share a little secret with you...call the credit card company and stop payment. Don't waste your time posting in a blog, just get your money back and move on. Try the new car dealer and buy your parts there...tell us how that works out for y'all.

• Am
    AmbraRoseCoxsaCunt Apr 04, 2018

@fastfrank Looks like you wasted a lot of time writing your little rant. Maybe take your own advice or just stop bossing the rest of us around, lol.

• Em
    Emanuel-Rwey Feb 27, 2010

This is a HORRIBLE!!! company...first no one is there to answer the GODDAMN phone! their email address bounces back...its not valid. I was on hold forever and being routed to a voicemail. You cannot even track your items from their site. Their FAQ says click "My Account" to check status of order and that option is not even there.
    Have not received the so called email with my tracking # as they promised. I am refereing to Part #: NI1250115. That i ordered a week now. I work for a Govt Agency i will take all necessary actions against the scam of this company!! Return my money or send me my items.
    Those with information or complaints against this company that I need to collect send them to [protected]@lycos.com

• Ji
    jiZZLE Mar 05, 2010

THIS COMPANY ###N BLOWS BALLS! I ORDERED A WINDOW REGULATOR 2 DAY AGO AN IT STILL AIN HERE!! WTF PEOPLE! CAN I PLEASE GET MY ### OR $56.11 IN RETURN FOR MY TROUBLES??

• Ji
    jiZZLE Mar 05, 2010

### PARTS GEEK !!!

• My
    mylyf4hm Mar 05, 2010

I can definitely agree with the fact that PartsGeek sucks! I ordered two headlight assembly's for my vehicle. They ended up sending me a tracking number that told me that my parts (apparently mine) went to GALESBURG, IL!!! I live almost 2000 miles away from here! I have the email confirmation with my billing and shipping address on it, with the confirmation and order number, and I am going to the courthouse right where I live to file a law suit of fraud against this company. Not only are they going to give me my money back (via my bank), but they WILL give me parts also. There are too many people complaining to sit here and do nothing about it!

• Bi
    BillyJ Mar 08, 2010

I only wish I had readf this stuff before I ordered from these ###s. Right after I placed my order for a BMW window swith, I received an e-mail stating that they couldn't deliver to a different address other than the one associated with my CC because this was my first order. Well since no one is home during the day, my office is where I receive all of my deliveries and if this is there policy it shjould be stated during the check-out process. Also, as has been stated in some of the previous complaints, they don't answer their phone nor return e-mails. I'll see if my part ever gets here or I'll be filing a complaint with BBB

• Co
    colge Mar 13, 2010

I now realize that I am reading these blogs at the wrong time ...putting the cart in front of the horse. Parts Geek has my $78.85 that I sent them for my Beetle fog lamps 8 days ago...serve me right for not going to the dealer

• Ra
    radiator Mar 27, 2010

I ordered a radiator and the part came in very fast except it was the wrong one. After many many calls and emails still no one has called or answered my calls. I have taken it up with my bank and am waiting to see where this ends up. I stongly don't reccomend Partsgeek!

• Fa
    fast oldtimer Apr 04, 2010

i ordered 3 ingnition coils at a very reasonable price, they shipped it so fast i was not expecting it so soon. i love them.

• Pr
    Prabam Apr 05, 2010

i ordered $350 worth of parts and got it shipped last week. I ordered another 280 worth of parts and my CC was charged but no order number, no UPS tracking number and now no one will answer my calls. I got an email reply stating that my parts were shipped but they were referring to my first order. when I corrected them and asked for the status of my 2nd order, they went dark. If I dont get a response by EOD, I am calling the CC company and filing a dispute.

Low end operator, I see a couple of law suits out there and a F rating on BBB.

• Un
    Unhappy customer100098 Apr 06, 2010

I have ordered over $1000 from Parts Geek for the past year and was a happy custumer up to last week, when UPS sent my order back to them 4 days after it arrived. I tried contacting the Customer Service number, ext. 2, 5 days in a row, 2x a day asking them to call me back and nothing. No phone call, no care about my case. I needed my parts sent back to me!! Well, today I get an email stating that they're refunding my $$ back to my credit card, minus a restocking fee of $35. So, I spent $220 w/ shipping and now I'm getting $174 back. It really sucks, Parts Geek! Really, think twice before you order from them...

NotaGeekFan Apr 09, 2010

BUYERS BEWARE! I ordered parts from partsgeek.com a week ago. Within a couple of days I got an email that they could not process my credit card because the address was wrong. Called my credit union. They said the transaction had been approved. I called Partsgeek repeatedly, for HOURS. I left message after message. I was not going to give up. Finally someone named Tim answered. He was very polite and told me there was something wrong with my address. I had him read it back to me and lo and behold, it was the correct address. He asked me to call my bank again and then call him back at extension 807. I called back, entered the extension and the recording said, "We will now try to connect you with ...silence...and then I got a recording saying Tim was busy. I kept redialing. After several more attempts, getting the same result, the STUPID SO CALLED MUSIC came on. No answer. I called yet again pressing the numbers for this person who asked me to call him back, and a NEW recording played stating "Tim" was busy with another customer! Now how on earth, after calling repeatedly for HOURS, did Tim miss my call?
    Now you would think after all of this (by the way, I left messages OVER AND OVER AGAIN) that someone would have called. And, as I sat listening to the music, I repeatedly sent emails. I kept getting replies (3 of them to be exact) over the 3 day period I called, stating my order was on hold because of the address not matching Rrrrrriggghhhhhttttt! So, I checked my bank account to see if they still had a hold on the money. Oh yes, they did, for the 192.65 AND an additional 192.65! My calls became more frequent, my emails non stop and still no reply. Finally I called my credit union and asked them to cancel the holds. I explained I had ordered one item for 192.65 and they hadn't filled my order, and then they held an additional 192.65. They immediately cancelled the hold and told me to notify partsgeek by phone and email. RRRRRrrrrrrrriiiiiiggghhhhtttttt! So, I sent emails, I left messages, and told them since I needed the parts YESTERDAY and they were unable to fill my order, I wanted them to cancel my order. I got another email saying my order was on hold because my address was incorrect.
    At this point I lost all my Mrs. Nice Guy control and sent them an email, and left them a message stating how frustrated I was and wanted an immediate response via email because they would not answer my calls. I wanted my order cancelled NOW! Well, low and behold, 2 days later I got 2 emails. The first said (and I quote - spelling and all; "Good Day Good Day The order ahs been canceled per your request." And it was followed by; "Good Day The order has been canceled due to billing address being incorrect."
    I thought, I don't care about the spelling, I don't care about the reasons, I am just relieved this is over. BUT WAIT! Today, 3 days AFTER these emails, as I was checking my account balance, I noticed I had $385.30 less in my account than I was supposed to. I called my credit union. PARTSGEEK had placed a hold on $192.65, twice, AGAIN! So, I cancelled my card, had them put on a watch list, and am waiting until Monday to file a complaint with the attorney general's office. Enough is enough!

Jayson s Apr 10, 2010

I ordered two parts from partsgeek.com. They both came and worked perfectly. My thoughts were "hey" This is a great place to buy. The third time I ordered from them, They never sent me any of the information needed to get my part. Such as, tracking number or order number. I called and got the same problem. Emails were ineffective. I'm deciding to send a "Nice" letter to there company's address. I may intend to sue, if possible.

• De
    dev777 Apr 28, 2010

I ordered parts from this company and got an email back that said Sales Invoice - Payment Approved. But after two days they didn't send me any tracking numbers. I called at least 30 times over a couple days to see what the problem was. The few times I wasn't sent to a voicemail after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I would be asked for my information, then they said "please hold" and I was disconnected every time. Apparently this company is known for terrible customer service. I will NEVER recomend this company to anyone and will NEVER use it again. I am still working to try to regain my money. This company is a total scam!!!

• Hb
    hb_allan May 07, 2010

You better hope you get the right part!! I ordered an OEM part listed on their website but it is incorrect. I have been calling and emailing for 3 days to get a hold of anyone who can give me a RMA # to return. Customer service SUCKS!! I think this is an example of a garage operation with no customer service and an incorrect catalog on the web site. I would gladly pay more at any other web site and I will in the future. This is my last order with PartsGeek. I caution if there is a problem you are stuck with it. Buyers beware. Save yourself the aggravation and call the website before you order. If you can’t reach them keep shopping on another site.

• 46
    469102 May 11, 2010

You people are ridiculous. I can see why your upset but you do nothing to take care of the problem. If this company has ripped of so many people like all of you, then why not do something about it??? With everyone on this page, you all have the power to shut this site down with all of your complaints. Help out other people in the future by helping to shut this site down. I just ordered some parts, and if they dont come in 2 days there gonna wish they would have sent me those parts. Stop posting [censor] and complaining when your really not doing anything to shut them down.

• 46
    469102 May 11, 2010

Just to add to my comment... I was not able to get a hold of them either... UNTIL... I "googled" their name and where they can be found and found the address in NJ and also found their telephone number. I called it and got someone right away that helped me out. Here is the number people. Hope this helps. [protected]

• Im
    imurelvis May 18, 2010

No customer service at all.. don't order from them... you cant get any help

• Ad
    adfree May 19, 2010

Do not buy from these crooks!!!
    sent the wrong part and its impossible to get in contact with them.
    THIEVES!!! THIEVES!!! THIEVES!!! THIEVES!!!

• Je
    jeff wyoming May 19, 2010

yep everything is true, i think that this company is run by one person. total runaround is what you get. i ordered about a dozen items, half the order was shipped to me by ups and received ok. the other half went to new york, i live in wyoming and now trying to get anyone to pick up a phone, answer an email or call back is impossible. i am now having to go through the fraud process w/my credit card company and getting my money back. i have sent 6 or so emails with no response and sitting on hold w/their automated phone system is a joke. i will never purchase auto parts online again. buy local and save in the long run.
    the person that owns/operates this company should be doing something that he/she is good at not this because they suck at it. jeff from wyoming

Not Satisfied with Service May 20, 2010

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL!

I have experienced the same disservice and dissatisfaction in being a patron of PARTS GEEK. I took action immediately! Here's a help tip:

Send emails to their "customer service" email [protected]@partsgeek.com requesting customer service to settle the problem/dispute; Save/Print out copies of ALL correspondence to and from their website (for your complaintant records)

Contact the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF NEW JERSEY via telephone [protected]:00 am to 4.30 pm M-F) OR on their website at <http://newjersey.bbb.org/consumers> and proceed to FILE A COMPLAINT. Give all of the information requested (PARTS GEEK business info 3203 Atlantic Ave Allenwood, NJ. Phone: [protected]/date of purchase/ price/ your contact info, etc)

BBB will contact them within 48 hours and contact YOU promptly. They were a great support in settling the matter. They will assign you a representative, complaintant case #, and record of the dispute. Follow their instructions and give all details

SHOULD YOU NEED TO RETURN AN ITEM, USE TRACKING & INSURANCE OPTIONS (As parts geek attempted to say that they didn't receive my return-- that is until I forwarded the BBB my mail tracking/insurance information)

FINALLY, keep appropriate contact with PARKS GEEK (with flustered, angry, or threatening tones). Simply inform them, in writing, that you have followed their return procedures, have documented all of your efforts and communications, and that you seek to settle your dispute pormptly.

HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU ALL~

• Da
    Davoodian May 24, 2010

Same Situation.
    Their Customer Service # is a HOAX.
    I received an item damaged, filed a claim with UPS.
    They neither contacted me back nor on UPS's claim.
    It has been over a MONTH now!!!

Comments

• Lo
    LostABattle Jun 28, 2010

PartsGeek aka. PartsThief

SAME OLD STORY

Part recieved damaged, phone goes to VM, Customer Service non-existant. Glad my order was only $50 as it looks like I have pissed that money away

• Mf
    M FRichardson Jul 06, 2010

I ordered a window regulator with motor for my 2002 Jeep GrandCherokee and I am wondering if I am going to get my order. I received an e-mail from them telling me the credit card was charged but no telling if my part was shipped. The make no mention to that on e-mail. I have been trying for the 20th time to call and no one picks up th ephone and it then rolls over toa anwering system which I am not leaving messages. I am scared I have been had by them. Hopefully I receive my part soon. But just in case I am writing in here my experience so far.

Not Satisfied with Service Jul 07, 2010

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF NEW JERSEY

They will contact the PartsGeek company and intercede professionally. Continue to contact Parts Geek via email, voice mail, etc and keep records of all contact efforts to report to the BBB of NJ.

May God lay intergrity, honesty, and uprightness in the office of Parts Geek as they have shown themselves to be deceitful and dishonest in business practices.

Not Satisfied with Service Jul 07, 2010

I CONTACTED THE BBB OF NEW JERSEY AND HAD TO PRAY TO GOD THAT HE WOULD CHANGE THE DISHONESTY HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE WORKING FOR THIS DEFRAUDING COMPANY.

I SETTLED MY CLAIM IN LESS THEN THREE WEEKS WITH ALL FUNDS REFUNDED!!!

• De
    Dexter Larose Jul 09, 2010

My wife ordered a mirror from Parts Geek and paid for it by money order. We never received the part. We send in a copy of the cashed money order via e-mail and still no response. Therefore tonight, I got angury and contacted the F.B.I. office in N. J. and informed them that Parts Geek seem to be a Company that was defrauding the public. I also informed the FBI that if this company was not closed down, I woul take legal action.

• Sp
    Spam Man Jul 13, 2010

Do Not Use This Company! It's a bait and switch scam! Send wrong part and make you pay to return it! Buyer beware! I hate Scammers!

• Rj
    rjlucas Jul 20, 2010

Stay away from Parts Geek. I bought an air pump for my BMW and received the correct part (got lucky that time) but it failed within 4 months so I tried to contact Parts Geek for the warranty claim since it has a lifetime warranty on it but I received no response via e-mail or messages left. So I called the manufacturer of the air pump and found that the warranty only stands if you replaced the air pump control valve along with the air pump. Parts Geek never stated this little detail about the part warranty. So I cut my losses and ordered an air pump and the air pump control valve and I received the wrong parts. I called and e-mailed and finally after about a week I actually did get an RMA # but I was going to have to pay for the shipping and a restocking fee for a mistake that they made. This is customer service 101 and Part Geek just doesn't get it.

• Un
    UNFETTERED CANDOR Jul 24, 2010

I have a strong suspicion that all of these blasts against PARTS GEEK are essentially from the same irate person and/or in collusion with friends who are complaining to reinforce his ire. If talking about the guy that went off the hook about the abuse he had to suffer that apparently were due to some insensitive, irresponsible people at PARTS GEEK. This was recorded on Google: Parts Geek Complaints - customer service
    Jun 3, 2009 ... Parts Geek Complaints: customer service. Cars, Parts & Vehicles.
    www.complaintsboard.com/.../parts-geek-c209254.html - Cached - Similar

I empathize with this persons frustration !

Is it possible that most of the complaints you have listed concerning PARTS GEEK originate from one individual/friends? If so, this is wrong. Only ONE complaint per person should be allowed on your site. If not, your site is USELESS.

I need a reply from this web site concerning my apprehensions.

Larry 24 July 2010

• Le
    Lee J Aug 08, 2010

I tried contacting the company regarding a return of a product that broke shortly after the purchase. I Called the 800# on three seperate occassions. No one ever answered and eventually you can leave an message...don't bother because they don't call you back. I also tried sending an email. They responded one time and asked one question and I never heard from them again. Don't bother here, there are other auto parts websites with just as good if not better pricing.

• Si
    Sidney D. Aug 12, 2010

I recently ordered a Window Regulator for a '93 Toyota Camry. I ordered this part on the 10th of August. It came today, and I've just finished installing it. It works flawlessly. Within two days of ordering my part was here and installed. How can you not be happy with that? I am.

• Pd
    pdunkl Aug 12, 2010

Larry, you must be smoking if you think that all the people making comments on this page are liars for more than a year. Could you be a shill for PartsGeek?

Well let me tell you my story. I live in NJ and was glad that I could order from a NJ co. NJ is tough on Co's scamming NJ residents. I got my parts very quickly last month, they were a pair of brake Calipers for a 1998 Pontiac Grand am. PartsGeek charged an extra $40 each for the Caliper cores with the proviso that I would get a refund when I returned the ones coming off the car. Well you can guess, no returned phone calls, no returned emails (I scanned the order confirmation# and the packing slip and attached to the email).

Today therefore I decided to visit their offices at 3203 Atlantic Av, Allenwood NJ 08720 that I got off their packing slip. Well they were gone. Did you hear me Larry? Gone. I happened to ask the kind folks at the business next door for directions to the Post Office in the area with the hope of finding if they left a forwarding address. The kind gentleman invited me in and called the Post Office himself. He too was stupefied that the Car Parts business had moved. The person on the telephone gave him forwarding address for PartsGeek as 50 South Maple, Suite 100, Marlton, NJ 08053.

I guess that i am one of the lucky ones as I got my parts and they work fine on the Pontiac. I just now need to figure out how I can redeem some money form the used Caliper cores. This website has shown me that I will be better of conserving my energies than trying to get anything further out of PartsGeek. I may send in my parts and not even get an acknowledgment. Scammers!