Panera Bread / refusal to accommodate a request based on advert on door
This is an unusual situation, and I realize that my assumptions about perks afforded regular customers may be at the heart of this complaint.
I eat something at this Panera two to four times per week. I am known here. Most of the staff is very pleasant. Today, 5/13/19, I visited and saw a sign on the door for a new coffee product that was ground on the premises. So I had an idea: having accidentally bought coffee BEANS instead of ground on special at the grocery yesterday ( they do not have a grinder), I asked the barista if I could bring the beans in to be ground. Accordingly, she posed this question to the manager, who said no.
I spend much money--money I do not have--at this place because the ambience is conducive to reading and writing, and the food is decent if kind of expensive. Never having worked in food service before, I saw no reason for the mgr to shoot me down. Perhaps there is some public health related explanation not immediately obvious to me. If there is, I apologize. That seems valid. However, none was volunteered.
I felt like cancelling my order and walking out. I didn't want to be an [censored], tho, by causing the entry level staff extra work. But when taken in conjunction with the low key attempt to extort credit card customers to tip the people who take their orders, I was peeved.
I want to know why what seems like a simple, easy to fulfill request was denied. That's all. Since that dreaded and dreadful tip-extortion thing so annoys me, though, I choose to no longer feel like a [censored] person when I say 'no'.
More Panera Bread Complaints & Reviews
- Panera Bread - terrible experience 
- Panera Bread - unsanitary/disgusting/unhealthy 
- Panera Bread - discrimination 
- Panera Bread - working experience 
- Panera Bread - I have had a very horrible experience 
- Panera Bread - managers 
- Panera Bread - lentil quinoa with cage free egg/turkey bacon sandwich
- Panera Bread - overcharge 5 times for an online order
- Panera Bread - poor customer service 
- Panera Bread - cashier meanness (2955 sw 160th ave-pembroke pines, fl)