Panasonic MicrowaveDefective microwave

S

I had a bad experience trying to bake a potato using the 1.6-cubic foot, NN-SN756B panasonic microwave. The surface of the potato was lightly perforated with a fork and placed on the microwave tray (what i mean to say is that I adhered by all the rules to bake a potato in a microwave).

There is a "side dish" option and the first choice is "Potato". The sensor automatically senses the size or quantity of the potato and bakes it. I have baked potato a tleast a hundred times in 6 months using the "side dish" option but one day my luck ran out. The potato was charred, the inside light of the microwave went out and the microwave glass tray was split in half and there were strong fumes. I contacted the panasonic service center (it was under the 1 year limited warranty). They said they cannot do anything as the problem is due to "food fire" and it is excluded under warranty. I said that i did not know that the potato was combustible (another fuel alternative) and i have baked potato like this at - least 100 times using this microwave. They said they cannot do anything but offered me to replace the microwave but i have to pay a discounted price of $125 or $104 respectively for similar models (I had paid $100 at TARGET to buy the brand new one).

• Ca
    Cabin Microwave Jun 13, 2015

I have bought a totat of 4 microwave panasonic Gensis microwave. The first was in 1979--still working--not a problem.
    The second in 2008--still working great. (Use constantly at a city house)
    For the cabin in 2010--bought one identical to the 2008 (Inverter NNT945) and within 1 month overheated on a minute cycle and melted the plastic bowl I had butter it in. Brought it back to the store the replaced it, with and idential product. Now this was Jan 2011. This microwave is at a cabin and rarely used in the last 3 years. A couple of weeks ago, I heard electrical noise and steam on the inside it-again setting was for 1 minute. Opened the door and noticed burn marks on the inside of where the door latches. Called Pansonic they said it was called arc-ing and not to use it. They told me my microwave is old, are offering me a $49.00 refund. It is going to cost me at least $25.00 for disposible. Not buying aother and telling all my friends, family and facebook not to buy their microwaves they just do not last.

• Do
    donaldkl Jan 12, 2015

Also, you can check this http://21streviews.com/panasonic-genius-nn-sn973s/

Joe_Blow May 01, 2012

my Panasonic microwave oven starts up on it's own when I open the door. ZAP!! Panasonic says don't worry about. They say it's not worth fixing and suggest I buy another one. Guess I will - JUST NOT ONE OF THEIRS!!

• Bo
    BobFar Aug 16, 2010

panasonic nn-sn668w - on my third one now. Steamed up glass that wont clear is my biggest complaint - pain in the butt however first 2 did the same - so seems to be a built in feature.

• Ge
    Geordie Dec 04, 2009

I have a Panasonic microwave NN-SN668W which works OK so far however the metal grill in the glass door is too thick and I can barely see whats cooking.
    Is it possible to out in a brighter lamp ?

J Ochoa Oct 07, 2008

I purchased a microwave in September, 2007. This was one with the inverter, and it ceased to work in January, 2008. After contacting Panasonic they sent a label to send the microwave to a repair shop. This was in July!!! I got the microwave back...with the door not attached. I finally wrote to the Better Business Bureau, and Panasonic had me ship the microwave to them, and they are refunding my money. They also sent a lengthy release form for me to sign so they wouldn't be held responsible. They seem to have inferior products and are very paranoid. I will NEVER buy a Panasonic product ever again. Lessons learned!!!