O'Reilly Auto Parts Logo

O'Reilly Auto Parts

Having problems with O'Reilly Auto Parts?

O'Reilly Auto Parts reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 9, 2007. The latest review Delivery was posted on Jun 11, 2021. The latest complaint amanda ramirez was resolved on Sep 25, 2019. O'Reilly Auto Parts has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 175 reviews. O'Reilly Auto Parts has resolved 24 complaints.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 327 7153 (Online related questions)
+1 417 829 5727 (General Information)
+1 800 755 6759 (Customer Service)
233 South Patterson Avenue
Springfield, Kansas
United States - 65802-2298

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with O'Reilly Auto Parts Customer Service. Initial O'Reilly Auto Parts complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for O'Reilly Auto Parts above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts. Discuss the issues you have had with O'Reilly Auto Parts and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Complaints & Reviews

O'Reilly Automotive — voice recordings against o'reilly automotive in federal court

Now that O'Reilly Automotive law firm BURR & FORMAN LLP have about 18 recordings from Kelvin Jone...

O'Reillys Auto Parts — sold incorrect product — damaged vehicle

Asked for Ford power steering fluid. Counter person spoke to me about how Ford has a system that control...

O'Reilly Auto Partsrip off

I live in Pullman Washington and work on both my own vehicles and those of friends. Living in a rural area there are few options for parts other than mail order/internet O'Reilly and a few other stores. Aside from ordering something online O'Reilly has generally been the least expensive for small stuff like brake pads or filters that I need in a hurry. However, the last couple of times I have been into their store for something all of their parts except for the most expensive version have been "out of stock". After this happened a couple of times I got suspicious and checked their website and found out that the part I just bought a $21 fuel filter had a $15 and $10 versions that was also in stock that they claimed they did not have. I am curious if anyone has had a similar thing happen to them

and if any one who works for them knows if management is pushing this to up sales? Granted I generally like the people that work there but getting lied to repeatedly and ripped off has convinced me never to shop there again.

O'Reilly Auto Partspoor service and no common sense

On 4/19 at 9:20pm Visited the Cathedral City store on Ramon Rd. I went in to purchase a oil pan drain plug for my 99 Suburban. The counter person looked like he was sleeping on the counter with no customers in the store.

I kindly asked for the part he said they are out of stock, I asked if he had a universal one and we walked to the isle and found a similar one with the package stapled together with out a washer. he wanted to charge me for a washer kit plus the plug, $5.99 for the plug plus washer kit. I said it is not my fault to pay for both parts since the part should come with a washer, his response was it is company policy that I have to follow. I was pissed and began to walk to the door to go elsewhere, he did not even apologize in any way and I left to go to Auto-zone less then an quarter mile away.

Auto-zone had over 10 customers and four counter persons helping customers, unfortunately they did not have the part also and had to wait for this morning and picked one up at the Chevy dealership for $4.00 for an o/e part.

The point I want to make is in a small town as this desert the news goes around so fast of this type of service it is matter of time no one will go in to this store. O'Reilly auto part might be using this store for a write off but I don't think so. its all about numbers.

I would not ever visit there store and would let all my friends and automotive shops to know not to do business with them.

A lousy $.25 cent washer, he could have given the entire part for free and satisfied a customer. Corporate world will never understand that, they don't give it a ***.

What happen to the service industry, personal service, repeat customers, going out of your way to satisfy a customer, Is that the way O'Reilly auto part began in 1957. No it not it is all about numbers and their stock holders. That is the exact reason you don't see local hardware stores, coffee shops on and on. instead Home Depot, Lows, Walmart. and we pay over $4.50 a gallon for gas. This country that I love so much its going down so fast I fell bad for the kids lives how they will survive.

Please share this with other and make a difference so these *** get to realize some day how it all started.

• Io
        Iowa Oreilly Employee Oct 19, 2011

I work for an Oreillys in Iowa, It is not common practice to only offer the higher priced parts... As much as we would want that, to raise our individual sales... ask for the district managers number and file a report... If I cant do it, I dont believe other employees should

• Th
        The Garage Jun 30, 2011

I bought an electric fuel pump for a 95 jeep. I installed and verified my fix. The next morning all was well and the car started fine. Day 2 and the pump never ran again. I ran a fuel pump test with my scan tool and the pump was dead. Contact with the Havre, Montana store was useless because I was told I needed to buy another pump out-of-pocket and had to wait 10 weeks for them to verify the defect in order to receive my warranty labor claim. Manager says I can have the parts outright if I wave my labor claim. What the Hell kind of business are they running??? I'll go to carquest or NAPA or H-O Parts plus next time for a more professional business dealings.

O'Reilly Auto Partsemployee was rude!!

Today I made a exchange of a radiator that I purchased from O'Reilly's in Union City GA. The exchange was done at the O'Reilly's in Peachtree City GA.

While attempting to exchange the product due to a leak that was found by my mechanic, I was first asked by the O'Reilly associate named Dave, if I had bought the radiator in the condition that I was returning it in (DAH!).

Then he further insulted me by stating that before and exchange could be made I would first have to prove that the radiator had a leak (WTF!). But after mentioning who my mechanic was (his cronie) all of a sudden it was "Ooh".

Now I don't know if is insolence was due to the excessive amount of tobacco packed in his lower lip (unprofessional) or the color of my skin (African-American).

O'Reilly Auto Partsdoes not care about tm's or sup's

I was a supervisor for the Phoenix, AZ DC. I have recently left to work for another company. I lodged a complaint against the PHX DC manager to corporate HR department for verbal harassment. Since I was not an hourly team member nothing became of my complaint which forced me to leave the company for constructive discharge. There are two other complaints similar to mine from supervisors and the abuse continues...continues. Maybe because the West VP, and West Regional manager are turning a blind eye and not addressing the problems in the west region, since the complaint was from management not hourly. Complaints are going directly to the AZ Department of Labor and EEOC. The VP and regional are old CSK and do not have the O'Reilly culture values yet...maybe never since CSK worked in a backward fashion. If O'Reilly did not bail out CSK's 900 million or so debt we would not be having the discussion. In my opinion that is why there is so much UNION talk in the west (drivers in SoCal DC are union, (it would never happen) but the salary sups should unionize from their daily abuse. It is hard to turn away a union steward with a complaint. In my opinion O'Reilly may lay off 50 or so hourly team members in the next several months in Phoenix, those team members will be wondering about what was said in those town hall meetings last year. Jump ship before it sinks..Supervision have no protection against harassment.

O'Reilly Auto Partsreally dissapointed

After notification, I will personally FIRE anyone that purchases parts, on behalf of our shops, from O'reilly's. All O'reilly commercial accounts will be closed, outstanding orders will be left standing, outstanding returns will be eaten by the shop involved. NO customer bought parts from O'reilly's will be installed by us. We will continue to purchase from Napa and AutoZone. Increase orders from our Atlanta and Charlotte suppliers. I've had complaints from some of our techs, but until I personally experienced the unprofessionalism and total lack of auto-part knowledge from several stores over a several month period, I agree. I'm finished doing absolutely any more business with this bunch. They came out of the gates pretty strong when they first moved into the area, but have since fell by the wayside. On behalf of myself and my business GOOD-BYE.

O'Reilly Auto Parts — poor service

I recently took a trip and stopped for washer fluid at the Viroqua Wisconsin O'Reilly Auto Parts Store...

Checker O'Reilly Auto Partsdouble standard

This place of business appears to have a double standard or has not properly trained personnel including their managers so that the corporate position (or that of the independent owner of the franchise) is consistently maintained. I personally have had the company price match parts from 'online only' auto parts retailers such as Rockauto.com. I also very recently had them price match an alternator from a bonafide auto parts store that also has online sales (Advance Auto). We were told they would do the same with a radiator and was told they would match the online price. After the store shipped the part in from another local store and my sone went in to buy it he was told that "As of right now the policy is only to honor (physical) auto parts stores that also have online sales (i.e Advance Auto, Auto Zone, etc.). He (we) bought the radiator because he needed it but are extremely disappointed in how this company operates.

O'Reilly Auto Parts — sexual harassment, racial discrimination, harassment and retaliation

Part 3...Shortly after firing Mr. Jones, Kaye Todd was transfered back to store 1207 from 1392 ...

O'Reilly Auto Parts — part 2 of racial discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and retaliation

Part 2...Now with the false statements given by Chris Harrelson, James Leslie and Nathan, copies where...

O'Reilly Auto Parts — racial, sexual harassment and discrimination

Several documented reports of sexual harassment, discrimination, racial slurs and retaliation made/and known...

O'Reilly Auto Partsstay away

I have an issue with the Assistant Manager: "Rick" . This past weekend I went to Oriellys to get a thermostat and relay for my car. I was told by the dude there that this is what he would recommend because my car is old fashioned.

I got home and find out this is not good for me. I cam back and he told me that returns on electric components strictly prohibited. I could n't believe it. I am now stuck with a new thermostat and relay that I will never use. The treatment I received sucked! You guys do not stand behind what you say.

O'Reilly Auto Partsbuyer beware

Would'nt honor lifetime warranty on brake pads. Said they only covered them for factory defects.Did'nt say that when they sold them to us.Implied that lifetime pads were a better buy than 1 yr pads because of not having to purchase pads again. Also would'nt honor warranty on rotors.Very rude people in the store. Went to Auto-Zone and bought new parts. Buyer beware!!!

• Ce
                    Cedonulli Jun 23, 2011

They sold me the wrong fluid and destroyed my steering system. Now I cant do my job or pay my mortgage. Funny thing is your heading---Pat Santon their district m manager at [protected] said QUOTE "Its a BUYER BEWARE thing" Their customer service said I should have known if the product was correct and not taken the word of an employee. NICE! So I guess their policy is really BUYER BEWARE.

• Sh
                    shad0w_ninja May 02, 2011

It does depend which pads you bought. There are limitations on some of the lifetime warrany pads based on the manufacturer, not the store.However, it is the fault of the employee for not being knowledgeable on the certain pads while they were stressing the "lifetime" warranty. Also, on all Lifetime pads wherever you purchase them, they also carry the unwritten note attached that if your pads went bad to the calipers being at fault, nobody will warranty them out either. Just a little FYI. Also, from previous experiences, if you read the back of your O'Reilly receipt it does have explanations about warranty, refunds etc, just so you know.

O'Reilly Auto Partscharged $ on refund

O'rieilly Auto parts sold ignition coils for GM 3.8L v-6.

Looked on internet and said these coils are for Honda, (had less resistance than OEM) The GM OEM version has higher resistance and high performance versions have even higher resistance.

Returned items to O'rieilly parts store, manager at Franklin Park did return transaction took back coils, but processed the transaction as a charge to card rather than refund. Did not notice until later, this is when I new manager was a punk!

Had to go back to the store and deal with assistant manager later that day.

O'Reilly Auto Partsbad experience

I had a bad experience at the Rochester Indiana O'Reily store a year ago and I told the attendant that was my last day inside the store in which she replied Ok.I tried to return a wrong part and learned about O'Reilys policies. I simply won't go back. There is a Napa Store across the street and a Auto Zone just down the street whom seem to like me buying from them. I simply do not understand the attitude of todays business that view the loss of one persons business as part of doing business. I do alot of my own Auto work maybe they are right I really do not matter that much in the over all big picture.

O'Reilly Auto Parts — discrimination / unfair treatment

My name is willis l. Price. I am a former o’reilly employee by my own choice. I began working as a delivery...

O'Reilly Auto Partsbeware

I went into O'reilly to buy a headlight for my vehicle. while talking to the store manager, he claimed he didnt know what bulb I was requesting. I even went out to the car and point it out to him. He still claim he didnt know what I was talking about. Corporate America is ###ed, to hire someone like him. My mother alway said maggets flock together.

What the *** are we coming to. Customer service has went to the gutter. People who take your money treat Customer like ***. Give me a break, pllllllllllllllllllease. She-She Stop shop of Kansas City.

O'Reilly Auto Partsback to the stone age

I moved from SoCal, and I live in the central coast area of Calif now, but I used to have local access to Autozone, who I liked. I had to revert to Kragan, who was not all that great, and they now are Orielly, who, in at least my opinion, ***. I am a very talented and experienced technician and manager, and the service I receive from the two stores in my city is piss poor.

Wrong parts, sometimes no parts, and low technical knowledge to name a few of the issues I have experienced. (I buy a LOT of parts from these guys.)

They tend to over-ride opinions with that "...we know it all..." attitude and it is frustrating to get the wrong advice when you know it is absolutely wrong. Getting some parts is a pain because the personnel just 'know' it has to be something else, or their computer "...does not have it under that name..." (Ask them for an air cleaner gasket)

I had a counter person insist to me that the distributor cap for my 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 w/5.9 Magnum was the clip-on one she handed me and not the screw attached one I knew it to be. (I had to walk out because "...Mr. This IS the right cap...")

They could not sell me a 14lb radiator cap for my tractor! ("Sorry, but every radiator has a specific cap to fit it")

Their biggest problem is that the computers are always down. It is a roll of the dice that I can even pay for my parts!! Poor to say the least.

O'Reilly Auto Partsbad customer service

I always go to the O'Reilly's in Swainsboro when I need a car or truck part. I have literally spent thousands in there buying parts for mine and my family's vehicles. They now have 2 country bumpkins working in there, Scotty and Bobby. They act like they are high or something! Beaver and [censored]. As soon as you walk through the door you immediately want to walk out because they are giggling like two hippies high on ecstasy. I went in anyway because I figured that they were talking about something before I walked in. They weren't. Everytime I spoke they looked at each other and started laughing. I'm not the only one that they've done like that. If O'Reilly's wants to keep lucrative business they need to hire better help and put Scootie and Booty on the go!

MarcS23 Nov 14, 2009

I think that O'Reilly's as a business is a great place but I don't think they realize the impact of having our loved ones constantly at work can be overwhelming for their families. I am overwhelmed by the fact that everytime I turn around there is a meeting being held. Most are not held in the same town where we reside so it requires traveling. I am upset because the job becomes top priority and there is more to life then just constantly working no matter if it pays the bills. Family also matters. Where does all this work pay off if there is never anytime to enjoy the fruits of your labor. To just have one day off a week and sometimes not even that. I never understand why they can't get with the program of having video conferences so that there is less money spent on travel and where people don't have to once again leave their families behind. I only get to spend time with my love one while they sleep because they are constantly working and I just think that if O'Reilly starts really acting like they care about their employees then people would appreciate working there more and wouldn't constantly be thinking about finding another job. Some may say "well someone would love to have your job" well the reality is just because you have a job doesn't mean the you are in a stable condition to just feel comfortable and with all the work that they do why are people still stuggling to pay necessary bills. Especially for Salaried workers I feel that they are used for so many reasons and it really is not fair. They take up overtime when a store doesn't have enough hours or employees cause the store is not making enough money, they have to do inventory at different store all hours of the day and all of this is really for free. They pay the lowest for regular work hours then I guess you feel better because of commission but after taxes are taken out you are right back to making a check that would be made by someone that works the front counter. I just think that the business world is so messed up that they so much care about their business that they forget that their employees are a very important value to the company making the money that they do. They just need to get it together and think about they are a family business that cares about caring on the legacy for years to come well we are families to that care about our loved ones and feel that they are not getting treated right. You either give more time or more money but I guess you want both.