Having problems with OneWest Bank?

OneWest Bank Customer Service Contacts

1877 741 9378 (United States)
+1 626 535 4300 (International)
75 North Fair Oaks Avenue
Sat7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SunClosed
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 7056, Pasadena, CA 91109-9699

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with OneWest Bank Customer Service. Initial OneWest Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for OneWest Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about OneWest Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with OneWest Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

U

One West Bank — Breach of Contract

I have tried, since _February 0f 2013__ to have my home damage repaired. The lack of response to my request...

Financial Freedom / Onewest BankReverse Mortgage

My mother took out a reverse mortgage with Financial Freedom, and a man named Kevin Connor, was the person that sold her this product in 2002. I believe my mother was scammed into this mortgage and all of its costs. My mother was very frugal all her life. She never told any of us about this mortgage. I am not sure if she even understood what she had signed. But according to Financial Freedom and OneWest Bank it is a legal document. She was counseled by Finanacial Freedom Senior Funding Institution and signed a Certificate of Consumer Education. This certificate was signed by Nancy Hofvendahl, Session Administrator, for Financial Freedom.

When my motherf became ill, and I started to take cre of hall her needs I found the Financial Freedom monthly statements. I tried to get information about her loan starting n October, 2012. They refused to even talk to me. My mother died January, 2013. I have tried to get information and work with these people at Financial Freedom and OneWest Bank, but they have been giving me, my mother's estate attorney and the title company for a buyer the run around, and misinformation. We have been on hold for over 60 minutes just to speak with a human being. Some of the people have been polite, but most are rude and not helpful in any way. I have been transferred repeatedly to the wrong department. I have asked fdr supervisors, the supervisor's name, and then it gets really ugly. I refuse to go away and have told them that I will never give up on getting to the bottom of this mess. If it doesn't help me, perhaps it can save other families from this nightmare after the death of a loved one.

Onewest BankFraud

One west Bank took my home of 22 years.I had proof that my name was forged, my loan application had been tampered with, income changed on the application, and pages added that were not in original application. I took them to court being on disability could not get any legal help. The Judge know that they were doing wrong but sat back and allowed it to go on. But to top off all that they did, after they got me out of my home in a state of homelessness with only 24 hrs to move after 22 years in a 4 bedroom house. They left my home unlocked for people to go in and get my things. And after that knowing that I was homeless filed for a ex parte hearing in Dec.2011 to dismiss my case knowing that I was homeless it was in the court records, they had no way to get in contact with me, my mail was being held at the post office for me.They claimed that they mailed me the papersto my home address, which never showed up at the post office. They had a habit of having the paper tossed in my front yard not delivered to the door. So if I no longer lived there how was I to know? Case was dismissed because I did not show up in court. As far as I knew my court date was in Jan.2012 in the month before I was to appear in court, and my home was sold on the date of my court hearing. It's ashame that some of these Judges are going right alone with these banks and they represent our justice system.

• Su
        superbobc Feb 27, 2013

If you have a reverse mortgage with Financial Freedom a division of One West Bank as the agent and you are having problems. please call me and lets talk. Bob Click telephone [protected] or fax [protected] or email [email protected] Thanks and have a great day.

H

Onewest Bank — Breach of Contract

My wife and I originated 2 loans with IndyMac Bank, FSB in March of 2006 for a home purchase in Southern CA...

One West BankMortgage modification fraud

I took out a mortgage with Indy Mac in 2004. I made payments for one year according to their payment schedule. The following year the payments began to increase much higher than the loan papers had indicated. I discovered they had deceptively given me a neg am adjustable. I had the loan go through forensics and it contained several fraudulent lending violations. They refused to refinance it into a reasonable and safe loan and my payments doubled. I began working many extra hours and made all payments until my health collapsed. I was hospitalized and under went major surgery. i hired a law firm to help get a modification and although they worked diligently Indy Mac refused to do anything. The law firm then was closed down because of complaints filed against them. Around the same time i discovered that there were red tags and grading violations on the property and that these violations had deliberately not been disclosed to me at the time of the sale. I discovered that there had been a conspiracy agreement between the real estate brokerages and the mortgage brokerages involved in the sale. They were all friends and had hid the properties violations in order to sell an unsalable home. I had to hire lawyers and pay for expensive geological reports and court related fees. My financial situation deteriated further. My home went into foreclosure and I hired a new law firm who helped to get me a trial payment plan. I complied and never missed a payment for 10 months. I had a negotiator assigned named Eric Rose. Each week he would reassure my lawyer and / or me that he had all the paperwork and that the modification would soon be completed. On Nov 1st, 2010 I called to make my payment and was told it would not be accepted and my house was to be placed up for sale Nov 10th, 2010. Neither my lawyer nor I had received prior notice of this.

I tried calling to get some information about how this could have happened. The customer service personnel and their supervisors were illusive and evasive. Each told a different story. My lawyer and I had kept meticulous records of all our communications to Indy Mac. The Indy Mac personnel simply deny anything and everything and change their story from moment to moment and person to person.( I feel like I am dealing with 14 year olds trying hoplessly to cover their sneaky shenanigans, ) They tell me I was denied because of missing paperwork, paperwork that was clearly documented as having been sent and verified by negotiator Eric Rose as having been received. I am told I have no recourse and no rights to an alternative modification request. In order to retain my home I am being charged an amount that is almost twice the amount of my missed payments, This is in direct contradiction to their advertisements about their modification program.. All I can say is who are these guys!!!??? Scary.. to say the least. i think we should all go out and rent the James Stewart movie" It's a Wonderful Life" It is genius in representing how the ethical and moral fabric of our society is rotting away because we continue to trust and financially support these heartless, corrupt and self serving BiG Business Banking Systems. We need to wake up and go back to placing our money in the hands of the small town banking systems. The time of big business has got to end if we are to get back the innate goodness that was once America's best asset. So now i have no recourse but to find another lawyer. After all that's America's system of accountability these days isn't it..the inevitable lawsuit..Heaven Save us!!!

• Hb
          hbtower22 May 01, 2012

My wife and I are pursuing a civil lawsuit successfully against OneWest Bank in Los Angeles County for Breach of Contract, Fraud etc... We have a trial date set for July 9th, 2012. We are looking to help others and in turn receive advice and assistance from those in simular circumstances. We have set up a web page that summerizes our story and case against Onewest Bank: http://www.gronoproductions.com/Gronski_vs_OneWest.html

To view our Case Summary to date follow the link below:
          Case Number - YC063205

Lets help each other in this fight!

• Th
          thelarson Mar 12, 2012

One West will learn. Google MacDonald v one west. They lied about stuff and tried to pass it off in front of Judge Matsch.

• Fi
          figherfrorights Jan 04, 2012

Did you know OWB will go in one day and layoff 800 people from their Austin, Texas call center and the next day hold a job fair to hire another 800 people. They don't want their employee's knowing to much. Their loss mitigation team is also based in Austin as well. those people are robots. OWB could be doing so much more for people especially after the sweetheart deal they got from the FDIC. The main reason behind that deal was to help people not steal from the us. I suggest you and everybody else who have been screwed by IM/OWB file a complaint with your state attorney generals office and the Consumer financial protection agency.I have been told by banking/mortgage experts that Banks do not like to get letters or calls from the Attorney generals office.I'm currently suing IM/OWB and going to trial Next month for over 19 violations the committed. Its been a 3 1/2 year battle. We need to all stand up to these big bullies and fight back.

One West BankWalk past, don't even consider their services

One West Bank, Fannie Mae and MERS Defendants v Brown Motion to Dismiss DENIED. First Circuit Court State of Hawaii Honorable Judge Bert I. Ayabe sees the validity of our complaint Civil no. [protected].
        Perhaps my being in compliance and current on my modification with One West Bank and the concurrent sale of my mortgage to Fannie Mae for $10 in Texas didn't sit right with the judge. It doesn't pass the smell test. My attorney Dubin Law / Frederick Arensmeyer successfully argued (1) Breach of contract, (2) cancellation under the Federal-Truth-in Lending Act (TILA) (3) unfair and deceptive acts and practices and (4) quiet title for wrongful foreclosure, to the judges satisfaction to allow our lawsuit to continue. No small feat when you are up against these huge government backed institutions. This judge shows the courage, insight and compassion to allow David to face Goliath. So many have been denied their 5th amendment rights being stripped of their property never to have their day in court. This deal is worthy of a Congressional Hearing.

IndyMac.. OneWestforeclosure fraud

2007 my husband and I fell behind in our payments. We agreed to a forbearance agreement. We borrowed that money from my parents and caught up all payments in full. My husband then called Indymac to make sure our obligation was met, and if we were all back to normal payments. We have phone records of hours of phone calls to reach someone. It almost seemed as if our calls were blocked. A couple of days later we received a call from the V.P of our second mortgage holder. He asked if we had filed for bankruptcy? We said no. He said not to worry, something looks funny but he'd look into it and get back to us. He called the next day to inform us our house was SOLD the day before sold out from under both of us. We never received one notice of default. we were completely blindsided. IndyMac would not speak to us at all (again like our calls were blocked). We realized we needed legal advice and hired an attorney. We fought to stay in our home with over $30, 000 in bonds to the court. Thinking this could be resolved. They pushed things to far, so there was nothing we could do to save our home, we had to leave. Long story short, April 2010 the day before our trial they settled out of court because we did have and showed proof of all of the payments made on time and in full. They had no documentation what so ever. They were given 1 year to pay the settle amount. April 2011 they went to the judge asking for a 6 month extension. Poor guys said that their numbers were down. CAN YOU IMAGINE! The judge was angry that they would even ask for an extension, but did give them a 45 days to pay with interest on the full amount settled which would be up in July. They went back to court a couple times was the judge was very unset that they still have not paid so he (judge) fined them over $150, 000. They have made every excuse possible not to pay us and play games. We are now fully prepared with the media at any moment. Also going back to court. They have a small window to pay. I will not give up. EVER! My daughter was 1 year old when they stole our home. Now she is 5 years old. These people are shady thieves. Disgustiong excuses for human beings. My advice to you: is to get good legal advice, educate yourself on the laws in your state, document everything, phone calls, names, dates and times. Somebody has to stop these ###. GOOD LUCK AND DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Indymac/onewest/deutsche BankConspiracy, Fraud, Illegal Eviction

IndyMac allegedly went out of business but it was taken over by OneWest Bank so that it can continue its illegal banking and mortgage actions. It exists today as IndyMac Mortgage Services, Inc. and is the mortgage servicing company for Deutsche Bank National Trust Company, one of the biggest foreclosers in the U.S., today along with the other big fat banks that took bailout money so they can continue to pay their greedy pig CEOs big bucks.

As far as foreclosures and evictions, IndyMac/One West and Deutsche are all supported by the likes of FIELD ASSET SERVICES, INC. - a so called home preservation company that hires companies like Matthew Jay Cohick's MONSTER MOWERS of Lancaster, CA to trash out people's home while they're still legally living in it. The banks deny all knowledge that they are tossing people out of their homes illegally.

The banks are also supported by realtor-brokers like SUSAN KLINE of REMAX OF VALENCIA who works as their property manager in pushing cash for keys programs on unsuspecting residents of the houses being foreclosed legally or illegally by the banks.

In many cases, the banks are foreclosing on the wrong houses! The banks are even foreclosing illegally on military families who are protected by federal laws.

If people were ethical, NO ONE would be supporting the illegal actions of these big fat bailout hungry banks.

• Th
                The truth will come out! Mar 04, 2011

The Deutsche Bank employs frauds who give out misleading information to obtain contracts by false pretense! Deutsche Bank representatives are out there to cheat everyone, they will give false details of their products including mutual funds and what not and get you to buy them, or to sign the contracts.

The most schocking fact is that the Deutsche bank do not care HOW their representatives get the contracts !!

I strongly suggest to avoid doing any kind of business with the Deutsche bank!!!

• Tr
                truthseeker101 Feb 23, 2011

Switzerland and the US are 2 totally different countries and economies. In Switzerland, the banking system does not fraudulently create leverage to to levels of 100 to 1, fraudulently assign mortgages and Swiss Banks do not self deal using the tax payers money to bail themselves out and cover up the fact that they are insolvent. 2 different worlds. Your banking system plays buy the rules of economics. The US banking system plays by the rules of manipulation, exploitation and secret bribery. Do not taint your own credibility by supporting institutions that run their business this way. Do your homework, the US is not a fairy land.

• En
                Enzo Lugano Feb 22, 2011

The foreclosing on the wrong house is so rare, a handful in the whole USA. I'm a Swiss banker in Lugano Switzerland and let me tell you in the rest of the world (outside the USA) you don't pay your mortgage the bank takes back the property to sell for what they can.

You Americans want everything free, the since of entitlement. Your in trouble not because of Indy Mac or One Wet but because you failed to meet the obligations you agreed to. Our bank will never never invest in the USA again because so many Americans have the same mentality you do, we have better returns in Eastern Europe and the USA, how pathetic it that. Take some responsibility America or no one will trust you anymore!

Onewest Bank/indymacLoan Modifications

I to have not one good word to say about OneWest Bank/IndyMac. I tried for two years to get a modification and all they do is give you the run around. Unfortunately, I ended up going with a company known as US Mortgage Solutions to try to solve my problem with this loan industry. I ended up getting scammed. Which now I am so leary of any of these companies. As a whole, we need to start the ball rolling and start to complain to the Attorney General's office about OneWest Bank/ IndyMac. I called and the Attorney General's office in CA, public Inquiry([protected]) and if they get a lot of complains they will start a class action on this bank. I have not received a payment statement from OneWest Bank for 14 months. I am pretty sure this is illegal to do this. I've called their customer service (which sucks big time) I get...Good Bye. Thank God for my online banking I just submit my amount.
              I have a pick a pay loan and I know this year the amount that I will have to pay is going to be outrageous. I to will be loosing my home. The Attorney General's office went after Wachovia & Wells Fargo on a class action suit and won. So it can happen if we all do our part. I am filing an complaint about this bank.
              Thanks!

One West BankBeing 'Stonewalled

I had 2 houses foreclosed back in Aug 2002. The statute of limitations is only 7 years and should be off my credit profile. I've been trying for 1 1/2 years to get Onewest bank to respond to me and I'm being stonewalled. Yesterday, Friday, Jan 14, 2011, I filed a federal lawsuit against Onewest Bank for FCRA Violations. I know there are lots of people out there who have been having issues with Onewest bank DBA Indymac bank. I need people who would be willing to step up and write me a letter outlining your 'stonewalling' experience with Onewest. I'm will use this information in court to show and prove that 'Stonewalling' is a common practice of Onewest bank. Please only if you are serious about helping me, I would really appreciate the help. Send me an email and we can talk about it. Thanks in advance. Email at: [protected]@yahoo.com or call me at [protected] Dave

Onewest BankLoan Mod Application Process Runaround

I originally applied for loan modification in March 2010. After 3 months of being "shined-off", given the general runaround, having to refax documents that were in the original application and given misinformation on several occassions by phone agents OWB suddenly decided that my loan "type" didn't qualify for the program. Really??? Why didn't they say this back in March or April before I spent $30-$40 dollars in faxing documents so some lame putz could sit on the documents until the information was "stale" and I would have to resubmit documents again? What a joke; have they ever heard of customer service? Why have a loan modification form on their website if they have no intention of approving applications? Somebody in corporate HQ in Pasedena must be getting a good laugh off deperate homeowners miseries...

Onewest Bankdenial of loan modification

my friend michele has been denied her 6th attempt for a loan modification with OneWest Bank. Their reason? i quote "Therefore as discussed above it is in the best interest of the investor to foreclose on the property than to approve a loan modification due to the associated costs."

the real reason? She has built equity in her home over years of timely payments! michele works two jobs and lives like a church mouse. Were it not for losing a roommate she would not be in this predicament.

Bank of America has decided it is in the best interest of business and the nation to try and keep people in their homes instead of glutting the market with foreclosures. Where is the class action suit against OneWest Corporate Policy Makers who are putting the value of the immediate dollar over the strength and health of our middle class?

• Ke
                        Kenzal McCurry Mar 29, 2010

The banks plan on exterminating the old bad loans. They have no intention on modifying the loans. I was thru 3 probationary payments and then DENIAL-missing paperwork. I was told to resubmit with missing paperwork. Denial again-right away!

We should have DO NOT PAY YOUR MORTGAGE MONTH. If NO ONE in the US paid for one month it would hurt THEM.

Pissed off in Apple Valley CA.
                        Kenzal McCurry

One West BankNot authorized withdrawls

First Federal Bank became One West Bank and I was notified that my mortgage payment would be reduced due to the interest rate being lowered effective February 1, 2010. I was thrilled to receive the news. I have long since had Frist Federal withdraw my monthly mortgage payment from my BofA business account to ensure that the payments where on time. Long track record of good payment history. The initial authorization was for a total of $1, 700.00 which First Federal broke up into two withdrawls of approximately $850.oo each. When One West Bank informed me that my payment was being reduced to $1, 419.46 for interest and principle I assumed that would be the withdrawn amount. One West Bank took out two payments; one for $1, 419.46 and another for $850.00. This caused my account to be overdrawn and inpenaly of some $105.00 in overdraft charges. I immediately contacted One West Bank and explained the situation. the representative asked me to fax proof of the withdrawn amounts and provide a letter to support demand for the return of the $850 and to ask BofA to reverse the overdraft charges. This was in mid February. Nothing was done and I have been given the run around and hands up attitude. Now on March 1st they withdrew the same two amount and refuse to even consider my situation. They are continuing to give me the run around. This is an outrage and they need to be exposed for the business operators that they are. I have documentation to support my claim.

Jambalaya Dec 13, 2010

Go to agency that provides oversight (or insures), banks - FDIC - the Better Business Bureau - and your Attorney Generals office.

One West BankLoan Modification Delays

After the closing of First Federal Bank I was made aware by mail of a transfer of assets to One West Bank (Dec 18-2009). I have contacted One West Bank on a daily basis (Dec 18, -2009- Jan 27-2010) to obtain info on process of loan modification as of this date Jan 27-2010, no answers could be provided. I have contacted seven different departments and several levels of One West Bank employees (including administration loan modificaion managers). I attempted to request an extension to my foreclosure and was told that decision could not be determined at the present time. (Jan 27-2010) I am in awe of the fact that this type of activity and treatment exist in the banking system. I have filed complaints with the State Attorney General, State Board of Real Estate, Better Business Bureau, FDIC Federal Banking. I have done so and believe it will make the fact that these banking institutions are not responsive to consumers who have loyaly assited them in making millions if notn billions of dollars

• Ne
                            nelida cortez May 08, 2011

i have the same prablem one west indimac keep lossing my paper work . i hire a company to deal with them I am about to losse my mind . this peopoe really need. to understand that is the consummer who. makes them money. i have aloan wich is interest only but indimac rufuses to fix, my loan to a conventional rate.

• We
                            WeHelpHomowners Feb 07, 2010

When Indymac was taken over by the FTC, it was purchased by Michael Dell and George Soros who formed OneWest for the specific purpose of taking over the failed Indymac. They signed up with Treasury for the HAMP program, but the Treasury (US TAxpayers) also gave them a loss sharing agreement. They bought every loan for 60 cents on the dollar, and any potentail losses they incurr get pick up by the govt. Thye are on a deliberate campaign to foreclose on just about any delinquent loan in their portfolio, regardless of circumstance.

I work for www.CDAlawcenter.com, and we ar a reputable and ethical firm helping people with loan modifications, and we have a direct contact with the Office of the President of OneWest, and so far have gotten traction using this channel helping our clients save their homes. Good luck going through OneWest loss mitigation, as it just won't happen as the are pretty heartless in my opinion based on a great deal of personal experience. They and Litton Loans are the 2 worst banks to work with.

So you are clear, the only time it makes sense to hire an attorney is when the outcome of a matter is uncertain. I read this site, and many people are unhappy with their firms and call them scammers if they don't get a mod. You must understand, scammers take your money and then do nothing...there are many of those on this site too. If you hire a legit firm, you are hiring them to analyze your financials and prepare documentation and a proposed plan for your lender, but you are seeking a voluntary concession that the bank does not have to make. Congress, Treasury, and the President cannot make he banks modify, so your lawyer can only enter a Good Faith negotiation to work with the bank for a positive outcome for you. We are successful 80% to 90% o f the time because we are careful who we take as a client with respect to their financial situation. That said, we can spend 6-12 months negotating and the bank can deny your request. Be mad at the bank, not the people who you hired to help! ...unless of course they took your money and did not even contact the bank.

One other thing to note is the Federal HAMP program, although touted as a program to help borrowers save their home, is really not that. After working with it for 6 months +, we now know it was designed to help banks stem their losses, not to save a taxpayers home. It hinges on a "Net Present Value" calculation that redlines by your zip code, takes your credit into consideration (so the longer you wait to address the problem, the less likely you are to resolve it), and uses a riduclous Gross income calculation instead of your net income to determine if you qualify. If you have too much negative equity, you won't get a mod because the program deduces that at some point you will wake up to how buried you are, and walk from the house, so it is better for the bank to take it now then lose more money when you walk later. You must also be 60 days late+. Call us, we are honest, ehtical, and have modifed about 600 loans in the past year, and about 1000 over the past 2 years. That said, there is no guarantee as to the outcome as you broke your mortgage contract and no one can force the bank to change it. If we take your case, it means we believe we have a 70% or better chance of making the negotion work, based upon what we understand are the banks internal modification programs, as well as the federal programs.

Indymac/onewest BankAbusive Banks

HELP!!! We are desperate for help, for a voice! Please help us expose IndyMac Bank for fraud and abuse of its mortgage customers who are trying to keep their homes. Our story is one of thousands of people who are on the verge of being foreclosed on. We have 3 teenage children and also have my parents living with us. At the beginning of the year we started to get behind on our mortgage. My husband is in construction and I was laid off. Our income had decreased substantially. At that time we contacted IndyMac to get some help. We applied for a modification and was denied because the IndyMac increased my husband's income to disqualify us. Then the Home Affordability program came out. We qualify for that as well. We were to be on a 3 month trial modification. We sent in all of the documents, made all of the payments on time and when we called on Nov. 30 to make the last payment we were told the trial was cancelled on Nov. 25 due to one missing paystub. Mind you they had 4 weeks worth of income from us. They still took our money for the last payment but are holding it and not showing us as complying. Here is what they are doing-they are not modifying loans. They are getting government money for the "trial" mods and the denying them over "missing" unimportant documents. We had tried numerous time to talk to a supervisor and have been denied access to anyone other than the person who answered the phone. We are being to told to resubmit everything and not make payments-does that smell to high heaven or what! The review process could take 60 days putting us further behind and and no guarantee they will not sell our house during the "review" process! If you Google complaints about IndyMac you will see we are not alone. We do not have money to hire an attorney but there is a story out about Diane and Greg Horoski in East Patchogue, NY that got their house free and clear. The Judge, Jeffery Sinner, said chided IndMac and made this ruling to show them a lesson! Please help us expose them and help thousands of people save their home!
                          I look forward to hearing from you-we don't have much time before our family is out on the street!

[protected]

Here is an example of how they operate:

OneWest would purchase all first mortgages at 70% of the current balance

OneWest would purchase Line of Equity Loans at 58% of the current balance.

In the event of foreclosure, the FDIC would cover from 80%-95% of losses, using the original loan amount, and not the current balance.

How does this translate to the “Real World”? Let us take a hypothetical situation. A homeowner has just lost his home in default. OneWest sells the property. Here are the details of the transaction:

The original loan amount was $500, 000. Missed payments and other foreclosure costs bring the amount up to $550, 000. At 70%, OneWest bought the loan for $385, 000

The home is located in Stockton, CA, so its current value is likely about $185, 000 and OneWest sells the home for that amount. Total loss for OneWest is $200, 000. But this is not how FDIC determines the loss.

‘FDIC takes the $500, 000 and subtracts the $185, 000 Purchase Price. Total loss according to the FDIC is $315, 000. If the FDIC is covering “ONLY” 80% of the loss, then the FDIC would reimburse OneWest to the tune of $252, 000.

Add the $252, 000 to the Purchase Price of $185, 000, and you have One West recovering $437, 000 for an “investment” of $385, 000. Therefore, OneWest makes $52, 000 in additional income above the actual Purchase Price loan amount after the FDIC reimbursement.

At this point, it becomes readily apparent why OneWest Bank has no intention of conducting loan modifications. Any modification means that OneWest would lose out on all this additional profit.

• Rh
                              Rhonda Beck Jun 21, 2010

Dear fellow victims of IndyMac,

Here is an update to our nightmare in trying to save our home.
                              After filing numerous complaints with senators, the office of thrift supervision, the district attorney's office, the white house and even every major new stations I finally got hold of some one who could help us. We were 24 hours aways from our house being sold. I had somehow come across an article on Umpqua Community Development Corp, a non-profit organisation, who works as a liaison for home owners in distress. Laura got the same rude BS from IndyMac that there was nothing they could do and "Oh well". Some how Laura got the attention of a big wig with One West Bank and he took one look at our file and stopped the foreclosure within 5 minutes . Apparently, all of the complaints that were filed and our paper trail trying to comply with IndyMac's requests worked. We still had to resubmit all of our paperwork and finally got our permanent modification that saves us about $500 a month.
                              We are an exception to the BS IndyMac is pulling on so many distressed homeowners! They are the big bullies in the school yard-but if all of us "little" guys rally together we can beat them! If there is any class action I am in. Our voices need to be heard. Start sending complaints to any and all VPs at OneWest Bank. I wish I had a name. If I find it I will post it.
                              Start contacting local news stations get your story out there and maybe a major station will pick it up!
                              Good luck and God Bless!

• Ho
                              Homeless in Cali Jun 20, 2010

They have added a impound account on my payment to purposely try and run me out of my house. They wanted me to try their Loan Modification so they could lie to me and tell me it was in review to stall so they could eventually send me a foreclosure notice. So do not trust them what so ever. They are crooks !!!

• Fe
                              fedup12 Feb 21, 2010

We are in the same boat only we've been on hold for almost a year. We fell behind on our mortgage payments beginning in Jan. 2009. We applied for a mortgage modification. We are to this day STILL being told by the numerous reps that we speak to that either, A) We are not denied and still in the process, or B) We were denied C) We could work something out if we pay the back mort. payments within 6 months PLUS our original payment!!! Can you imagine? A year's worth of mortgage payments that amounts to almost $50, 000 paid monthly for 6 months X our regular mortgage payment!!! It is very clear to my husband and I that we are being led down the primrose path until the sheriff comes and knocks on our door to evict us. My husband's business was failing not to mention he had to have open heart surgery. I am devastated by the treatment we have experienced by this bank. They have NO intentions of working anything out with us. It's just one big lie...and stall tactic on their part. Period. We will be writing our attorney general, our senator, and our legislators as well as President Obama or anyone who will listen to us.

Mark Belvedere Feb 08, 2010

oh GOD...RHONDA...it seems like NO ONE gets this...I am so upset and disgusted! We need change NOW.
                              [email protected]

• Mr
                              mrnd5 Jan 14, 2010

Please make a report of this to the Better Business Bureau in your area. Also please talk to your US Senator and US Legislator about Bank Reform in this country. I believe that Bank Reform is absolutely necessary. Banks need to be better regulated, and it is the American people who need to insist on this because the banks have formed a strong lobby of their own with which they are fighting as hard as they can against any changes. This is the only voice that the senators are hearing at this time. Please contact your attorney general as well just in case someone else has also filed a complaint in your state about this company. The more people who begin to complain and the longer that list becomes, the more likely you are to get the changes you so desperately need now.

The sooner you act. The sooner change will happen.
                              Thank you for your help. America needs people who will stand up to big corporations who are taking advantage of us.

B

Indymac/one West Bank — Unwillingness to help/Loan Mod.

Wow and here I thought I was alone in this One West/IndyMac nightmare. I had to change employment 24 month...

R

Indymac Or Onewest Bank — Loan Modification joke

Exercise your 1st Admendment rights. TELL INDY MAC/ONE WEST BANK HOW YOU FEEL. I am also a jerked around...

Onewest BankLoan Modification

EXERCISE YOUR 1ST ADMENDMENT RIGHTS. LET INDYMAC KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

I am also a jerked around customer of IndyMac/OneWest.
                            They are the most dysfunctional, disorganized evil bank ever. I sent and resent and sent again documents. Each time they claimed to have "no record". I was told by their own employees to STOP making my mortgage payments and would recevie a loan modification "way before" any foreclosure. Well...jokes on me. IndyMac NEVER modifies anyone's loan.

I have joined a group of other IndyMac customers in Southern CA.

A protest planned for January 4 2010 outside the corporate offices of IndyMac located in Pasadena, CA the address is: 151 N Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA. If you can join us around noon, that would be fantastic. If not, maybe you could email me your protest and I will hand deliver it. You may reach me at: [protected]@aol.com. My name is Rebecca Boyle. Thanks and good luck to you.

Loan Modification

javiie Sep 11, 2012

i too have been trying to get a modification for almost a year now, they are so so stupid that they will tell me that they have all the documentation and to wait 30 days for a resolution, well 15 day into the 30 to 45 day wait they will call, me again stating that they need more information, they have done this to me for almost 7 times, i am so far in delincuency that it is next to impossible to bring my loan current with a lump sum payment, then it never fails, some stupid bozzo gets on the phone and tells me well mr //////// your loan has already been modified i am not sure how much lower we can go, well bozzo you should have told me this a year ago when i statrted the modification, i would had definetly found other avenues to deal with this issue

• Ri
                                [email protected] Dec 31, 2010

I would like to form a lawsuit against this bank. Please email me if you would like to team up together. [email protected]

• Bh
                                bhertzog Sep 27, 2010

Hi Folks,

This video pretty much sums up the problems with OneWest/IndyMac Bank, as well as any of the other 167 lenders (at last count) who currently under a loss share program with the FDIC.

Why work with homeowners when you can get a check from the government for foreclosing?

• Er
                                Ernesto Ricardo Garcia Jun 25, 2010

I could not possibly be any more frustrated, ticked off, etc. than I am with IMB. My struggle for loan modification began February 2007! since then until today (June 24, 2010) I am still waiting for an answer that was promised (in writing) in April 2010, after a 3-month Trial Period...How is this possible?
                                The only contact with me came recently as an 'attorney type' called me personally to check me out for going on a blog indicating that I was a 'pissed off' client...and the saga continues...

• Ho
                                HomelessINColorado Apr 06, 2010

I must agree with every comment here except positive ones because they were probably made by employees or bank investors making a killing on us poor people that have lost their homes because of greed.

• Fe
                                fear not OneEvil Bank Mar 24, 2010

some things never change with this bank. To think they started a philanthropic organization to "help those less fortunate" to find "affordable" housing is a slap in the face of all their customers who are struggling with OneWest's predatory loans.
                                '
                                They have no problem kicking senior citizens, the disabled, families with small children out of their homes and try to put lipstick on a pig with their "OneWest gives Back" scam.

IndyMac the new OneWest is OneEvil Bank. Call George Soros or Michael Dell, the obama administrations largest contributors to Obama's campaign and ask if you qualify for a hand out under their newly formed foundation.

"Personal Banking is back in the Neighborhood" what a crock. Mr. Potter lives!!

Mandanie Mar 24, 2010

I had problems with Indy Mac and I tried to get a loan modification but to no avail, then after they foreclosed on me they now keep calling or writing wanting to know if I would be interested in a loan modification and the answer is NO plain and simple.

The guy they sent out from the real estate company was HORRIBLE they did give me cash for keys and it was so stupid I gave him the keys and he had a locksmith come in right behind me and change all of the locks in the house.

Then he gripped about this and that trying to keep me from getting the promised money that I needed so badly to make the move with.

What really blew me away one day this idiot comes to the door and asks if I am such and such an address yes and I am such and such yes and then he says well this is not your house anymore it was sold at an auction and you need to get out now.

I called my attorney and they were able to get it out of escrow for awhile and all I asked was that they give me time to get out, I had been living at this address for almost forty years and I am handicapped and Senior Citizen along with everything else.

The minute I said I had found a place to live they started in on me and finally the bnk called and told me if I was not out in two weeks they I would be arrested and jailed then when I got out in time she asked me where I got that idea----DUH you were the one who told me and she kept telling me that she would never say anything like to anyone who was handicapped.

Now my attorney tells me there is a lawsuit and I could win a judgement from them in the amount of get this twenty-four dollars.

Big deal.

I don't think the house has sold as yet and I hope they loose their fanny on it as there are some things I know about the house that I did not tell them---let them find out on their own.

• Mi
                                miserable100 Mar 13, 2010

I am having the issues with Indy Mac/One West Bank, but actually I had my loan modified which was a good thing. However, it turned into a nightmare all of my payments that I paid from Aug-Dec. 2009 seemed to have gotten misplaced. After i contacted the BBB they quickly posted my payments to my acct. Now we have a new issue they cannot find Dec. 2009 again so every payment I made after this payment is for the previous month so I continue to be behind. I sent all of my documentation time and time again only to be told by three different managers that they would look into it and get back to me. I even received a letter from their lawyer. I will not take this lying down and I will go to file a petition to see them in court because faxing/calling is not doing the job. The CSR are horrible and one vicious so call lady threw me on hold as a time out, so how is that for customer relations.

angryinsandiego Jan 11, 2010

Indymac/One West are the absolute worst bank in history. OneWest has no incintive to help people since the FDIC pays them 80%-95% of the loan value on a foreclosure, then they turn around and sell the property so they are making money, a lot of money, on foreclosures. This bank doesn't give a crap about its customers, but they would if the FDIC would pull that ridiculous agreement and not pay them for foreclosing and force them to help people.

I'm in an interest only loan with a first and second. I'm not late on payments, I simply want to be placed in a better loan. They refuse to speak to me unless I'm "approaching foreclosure". Meaning, they want me to stop making payments so they can take my house.

I HATE THIS BANK!!

A

One West Bank — Loan Modification

For the last 6 months, I have been contacting One West Bank to review my home loan for modifications. In...

P

Onewest Bank — Highly unethical and illegal

After facing foreclosure, I contacted the bank and applied for the President's Home Modification...