Oncor Electric Delivery Companyelectricity

S Nov 13, 2018

Date of incident: 11/12/18. A little after 7 pm in the evening of 11/12/18 my husband and I were watching television when all of a sudden we heard a boom that sounded like a transformer, the lights in the house flickered but stayed on the entire time and then saw sparks flying across our back yard. When husband investigated and noted that a power line had broken and had fallen in our back yard and on the roof of the house. I called Oncor around 7:30 and reported the fallen line and explained that there were sparks flying especially when the wind came up. I ended up calling Oncor four times that evening and on one of the calls the operator asked me if I had called the fire department in which I told her no and when I hung up with her we waited a bit to see if Oncor would come. By 9 pm Oncor still hadn't come so I did call the fire department. They came out and assessed the problem and they also called Oncor and hold them to send someone out quickly. Oncor finally showed up until about 10:30 that evening. They assessed the problem and then told us they would have to get another team out to our house to put in a new wire. The team got there around 1:30 am and worked until 3:30 and during that time we were without electricity. They did a very good job when they finally got to us but in the meantime after the entire evening our television went out, a Bose radio went out, and my treadmill machine went out I guess because of electrical surges. I feel if they had gotten there quicker we would not have lost these three items. We were really scared especially with the wire on the roof of the house and the sparks flying all over the back yard.

I do not have my client number available.

Robert Doyle