OmantelBroadband connection problem

C

hi i am akhil. my dad uses omantel broadband. now i am also using it. since 3 days i have been experiencing very low broadband speeds. My data plan is 25ro unlimited/6mbps. my account number is [protected]. service number is [protected].there are no dues for the broadband internet connection yet i am having this issue. please rectify and resolve the problem as fast as possible.

Josekutty Oct 15, 2020

For quite some time I have been having issues with low internet connectivity. I have complained at the Omantel office and the customer care many times. Sometimes they will send a technician who comes with certain gadgets, hook them up to the line, and give the verdict "everything is fine at our end”
    Since there was no headway, they advised me to replace the wires. I changed the wires: nothing happened.
    Then they told me that my modem was old. I changed the modem also. Nothing positive came out of it.
    Then they told me to go for an upgrade. I subscribed for the highest possible bandwidth available here. No use.
    Every time I complain over the phone, they will religiously ask me to switch off my modem for 15 minutes and to restart it later. (The assumption is that they are going to reboot something at their end). Nothing happens by doing that. Even if this my complaint doesn't do any good, could someone please tell the technicians at the call center to please stop asking customers to go through that routine: that magic panacea doesn't do any good.
    My major complaints are these:
    1. The bandwidth keeps fluctuating all the time.
    2. Very often the line goes completely dead. It happens very often. At this very moment for example, it has gone dead. (I will attach the screen shot, if possible).
    3. My children are missing their classes.
    4. Both my wife and I are lecturers at Ibra College of Technology. We are allowed to go to college only for 50% of the working days. The rest of the classes we are supposed to take online from home. Till today, we haven’t been able to complete a class without the line getting dropped. In fact, it happens many times during a one-hour session.
    Just to give you some idea, I shall also attach the screenshot of the internet bandwidth speed test result I got at the very moment I started typing this complaint. Between these two pictures you should get a pretty fair idea of what is happening here every day.

Josekutty