Having problems with Omantel?

Omantel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 27, 2008. The latest review our number 26731912 was posted on Jul 26, 2021. The latest complaint new broadband connection was resolved on Mar 26, 2018. Omantel has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 63 reviews. Omantel has resolved 4 complaints.

Omantel Customer Service Contacts

1234 (Call Centre)
1305 (International Operator)
1010 (Directory Information)
1235 (Business Call Centre)
+968 24 242 424 (Head Office)
P.O. Box: 789, Postal Code 112 Ruwi, Sultanate of Oman
Oman

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Omantel Customer Service. Initial Omantel complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Omantel above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Omantel. Discuss the issues you have had with Omantel and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Omantel Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelcancelled applications without prior notice or information

We have applied for Home broadband service on March 29 having
reference # 217805
telephone # [protected]

after 10 days, despite daily follow up on customer service, they have cancelled the application without given reason.

On April 11, we have applied for new Home Broadband connection since the first application has been cancelled.

reference # 221101
telephone # [protected]

Despite daily follow up and request not to cancel our application without prior notification, when I called customer service on April 24, I was informed that my application is cancelled again without a reason showing in the system and I did not received a call as well.

Please assist on how I can deal on this matter.

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelnew broadband connection

Dear Sir / Madam,

Trust You keep doing well, I was following more than 5 months with Omantel to apply the Home broadband connection for my house, finally 23 Jan only get to apply. still no any proper valid response from Omantel. I really appreciate for your co-operation on this for me to arrange the connection as soon earliest. I really feel very uncomfortable with my family without internet. I do understand that you might have more application pending, hop you can understand my situation too.

Reference Number: 198826
    Landline No - 2556 2053

Wish you have wonderful day :).. awaiting for your good news from your end.

Best Regards
    Raseeth Muzammil
    Mob# [protected]

new broadband connection

RESOLVED

ok finish

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantellandline [protected] - cannot make calls to mobile

I had an internet package Account no [protected] George Mathew. (RO 20.000 / month)
      I have requested to upgrade to fiber optics.
      Since Oman broadband provided the fiber optics, they gave a new no [protected]. (Dec 2017).So I disconnected [protected] in January.
      On 05.02.18, I change the [protected] to [protected]
      The number got changed in one week. But I couldn't make calls to Mobile numbers. I am receiving calls & Can make calls to landline numbers. Internet is working fine
      I went to Omantel outlet & they said call 1234.
      I called 1234 on
      -14/2/18, - promised to send internaL Email
      -19/2/18 - Supervisor promised to rectify in one day.
      -21/2/18- Internal mail
      28/2/18 - Told that message will send to activate the number. and will be ready in one day.

Till today, nothing has been done.
      I have to pay for the services even though I am not getting it. I need the mobile calling facility urgently.

Hope the concerned officials will do the needful.

Regards

George Mathew
      [protected]/[protected]

[protected]@gmail.com

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelhome landline and broadband connection

Dear Brother / Sister

Please be informed that I have been using your facility for more than 7 years now. Unfortunately 3 weeks back my land line and the internet connection is not working. I had been to omantel office and they asked me to log a complain with the call center and the issue will be solved within 24 to 72 hours. Its been more than 3 weeks now. I have been calling the call center almost every day after 3 working days as assured. Till date no one from the technical team bothered to call back or rectify the problem.

Kindly request you to do the needful and rectify this problem immediately.
        The landline number is [protected] and the complaint number is [protected].

Regards

K. Sameer

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelhome broadband

To whom It may concern,

I want to complain about my line [protected].
          I want to cancel this account and until now it was active and my bill is ongoing. I told them to shift to my new place and nothing happens after 2weeks. I keep going back to omantel center and always say to wait for few days. Since that time, I finally decided to terminate my account last aug and until now november, its still active.

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelhome broadband connection

Omatel representatives visited my house Al Mawalieh near Mazoon Mosque, to take measurements to upgrade my home broadband connection to fiber optic. But after that there is action further. Now when I call them they are saying my request to upgrade is expired and I have to contact Omantel to make a new request.
            Now the Internet connection is very poor and not working at all.
            Tried calling the customer service, but no response and calls not going through at all.
            My Omantel account no. is [protected]. Pls contact me immediately and solve this problem as every month the billing taking place with no service.

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelinternet connection - [protected]

I applied for a landline connection with ADSL connection in March 2017. For two weeks there was no response. I did several complaints by making calls and visiting Omantel outlets. There was no response.

Then the Omantel staff advised me to apply for Fiber optic connection which will cost OMR 30 per month. I applied for that. Two weeks later Contract staff of Omantel arrived at my house and gave me the ADSL connection.

To my surprise, I received the bill charged at the rate of the Fiber optic broadband connection. On 07.09.2017 Broadband service team came to my house and installed the cable and box. Till today, 09.10.2017, the broadband connection equipment is not installed in my house. This is the point I realized that I was paying OMR 30 per month for my ADSL connection.

I complained about this at Omantel outlet (complaint # [protected] dated 05.10.2017) and received SMS stating that I will receive the response in 1 working day. Since there was no response I made a follow-up complaint # [protected] dated 09.10.2017. Now the response time has been increased from 1 day to 5 days.

If this is the way Omantel is dragging the response to complaints then I would like to disconnect the connection.

Please respond to my complaint on or before 12.10.2017

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelfixed line internet facility

Dear Sir,
                I Mr.Suresh Thekkethil Chami currently residing at Duqm is owning a fixed landline # [protected] with internet facility package RO 20.00 per month package.
                I regret to inform you the very poor service from the Omantel customer service in spite of several complaints about the connection.
                On March 5th 2017 while i was proceeding on long leave for three months, I approached the Duqm Omantel outlet to disconnect the fixed line facility.
                But the Manager Mr.Salah from the Duqm outlet advised me to retain the fixed line and disconnect only the internet facility so that it will be easy for the reconnection after my leave whenever required.
                Accordingly I have proceeded and cleared the outstanding bill with a minimum balance left RO 0.225 only.
                After the leave on May 21st 2017 I approached the same Omantel outlet to reactivate the internet connection. And the Manager himself from his computer activated my request.
                But unfortunately I was not getting the internet. I complaint to the duqm Outlet with Mr.Salah in the next week. Again he did activation from his computer and told to wait for two days. Further after two days when I found not working I approached to the same outlet almost once in every two weeks but of no use.
                Finally Mr Salah advised me to call to 1300 for customer service and put a complaint. I called the customer service and put forward my complaint. They checked and confirmed that it will be attended by the technician shortly.
                Even after that I have called three to four times to the customer service and launched my complaint but of no use.
                Now before Eid holiday I approached the outlet to check but they were not in a position to answer me. I requested to check my balance and I am surprised to see that it was showing RO 45.00 which is very unfair to me and I am not responsible for the wrong billing.
                I kindly request you to consider my complaint and revise the bill amounted.
                If it is not possible to rectify, kindly request you to cancel the connection at the earliest and allow me to proceed with other services.

Thanks,
                Suresh.T.c
                [protected]

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelnew broadband connection

ear Sir,
                  I am staying in Royal Hospital Complex and have applied for a new internet connection ( application no. 165686) on 11th September 2017. I have contacted 2 times to the Omantel office near to Royal hospital to get the status. no one is able to give me an answer- Status in the system is pending it seems. I would like to know what is the reason.Why it is not installed yet. I had submitted the permission letter for installation with available DB slot details from the Royal Hospital Authorities.
                  Expecting an early call from you

Mrs. Anitha Benny

my contact no. [protected], [protected]

Oman Telecommunications Company / OmantelHome Broadband Internet

Dear sir,
                    My broadband Internet Service ([protected]) were not working since 10th August 2017. I placed a call to the customer care center on 16/08/2017 and registered a complaint having complaint no-[protected]. After 3 days of registering the complaint, some one from near service center called and informed me to send the modem to them.I did the same, they do refreshment but still the same result. Since then i called customer service center so many times and re registered the complaints on 24/08/2017 with complaint no:-[protected].I received a message stating that the problem will get solve within 24 hrs, but there were no followup from omantel side. No one called me or came to check the connection at my home. Now a days the connection is very poor as like there is no use with internet

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omanteldelay to give me wifi and no response

Hello
                      Omantel service provider
                      Its a great sorrow i am writing complaint again omantel because level of my patience got finished.

I applied for omantel home broad band service last month dated 12th August with reference number 158818 but still i didn't got any response. Even i called customer care TWO times to provide me wifi service as soon as possible but my attempts was waste.

Now please give me suggestion how long i should wait or i should go for Oreedo.

I will be waiting for your response.

mob- [protected]
                      Place - Samile

• Updated by sarfaraj · Sep 04, 2017

Hello
                          Omantel service provider

Now please give me suggestion how long i should wait or i should go for Oreedo.

I will be waiting for your response.

mob- [protected]
                          Place - Samile

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelpayment not update in our account

Our Account Number Is [protected] (Business), We maid Payment Ro.212.800 in Oman National Engineering & Investment Co. On 08/08/2017, But Until Now Not Credited in our account, Payment Was Cheque, Today Our account is inactivated regarding this payment, I check With Oneic counter in ibri, they give to me payment posted details (attached) it was done on 10/08/2017, today we suffered regarding this issue, after that ibri Omantel Branch manager Temporary active our account .so please take immediate action for this matter it will highly appreciate.

payment not update in our account

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelmy landline is not working and nobody is answering my calls at both head office and customer care/service centre

My landline is not working. I have changed the batteries on the phone, checked the wiring - as much as is visible - and no breaks or damage that I can see.
                          I have called both - [protected] and [protected] - and neither is answering my call. Great for a telephone company/ provider!!! Not even a message to redirect the call or explain why no answer.

I need urgent attention please as this is a company fixed line

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelfor amount hond

Dear Sir,

I was trying to make payment to Oman Tel bill was amount 18.500 on 05.08.2017 but unfortunately transaction has been cancelled and payment has been hold so i called the NBO customer service and Oman tel customer service also and Nbo customer service executive said that this amount has been hold by Oman tel but Oman tel said here no any amount holding you by our side.
                            So i could not understood that why my amount has been hold and why is not been unhold because its going 15 days now and i have to pay my Oman tel bill before end of this month because due date is 31.08.17.

So please Unhold this amount ASAP.

for amount hond

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — stupid response in omantel

I Sijesh Anorammal working as Sales Staff in LULU hypermarket Ibri, i am here to inform you that i have...

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — home internet

I apply for internet connection 7 months ago. They came and fixed the Oman tell box with me home boundary...

Oman Telecommunications Company / OmantelSir, my home broadband connection with telephone ([protected]) is not working since last 4 days. Please check & clear the issue at the earliest.

Please clear the issue at the earliest.

Area - Behind Indian School Muscat (Darsait area)

Awaiting your immediate response.

if any details please contact : [protected]@almudhish.com

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelmobile phone

My mobile phone was "no service" on Thursday, I went to Omantel, did the classical procedure by taking of the SIM card and on again but still not working! they changed my SIM card on that same day but on Sunday it happened again! I am actually in Europe so can't go to an Omantel office and my phone is not providing any service! I can't give or receive calls or text messages! This is unbelievable...what can I do now? Pay my bill and don't benefit the service??? Omantel have poor quality service...after 10 years as a client, internet and telephone, I have to say it is expensive and really poor quality !

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — Internet home broadband

Our internet is not working for 3 days. Technician came 2 days ago because someone elses report. The whole...

Muscat

Oman Telecommunications Company / OmantelAmount deducted from my bank account for no reason

A total amount of omr. 22.000 has been deducted from my bank account as follows :

19/4/2017 - omr. 10.000 at pos 149697 omantel muscat oab
                                  19/4/2017 - omr 10.000 at pos 149761 omantel muscat oab
                                  25/4/2017 - omr. 2.000 at pos 564035 omantel muscat oab

Total of omr. 22.000!!!

I do not have any subscription to omantel of any sort! how has this amount been deducted?!

When i called the customer service center, there was no answer or someone kept disconnecting my call!

How is the company authorized to do this?

How did the company get hold of my bank account details?!

I need an answer!