Omaha SteaksTake my advice, just get your meat from the local butcher

M Review updated:

Ordered one time then asked to have all emails and snail mail stopped. Told that will take up to 90 days to stop the snail mail, and in the meantime, I receive 1 to 2 mailings per week which I throw away. You know that the 90 day time period is totally wasteful. Why send ads to people who have said that they don't want it, and simply throw it away.

Take my advice, just get your meat from the local butcher. It's fresher, cheaper, and they don't bombard you with wasteful advertising. By the way, when I called back to plead with them to stop sending the mailings, I was told that there was nothing that they could do to stop it until the 90 day period was up. I told them I would be sure to post my views of their advertising policies as a warning to others. I got another mailing today, ripped it up without opening it, sat down and wrote this warning to other potential victims of their snail mail blitz techniques. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM!!!

• D
      Jun 28, 2010

If getting junk mail is the worst thing you can complain about, then your life sounds pretty good to me!

•   Aug 10, 2011

I have ordered Omaha Steaks in the past and I think they are great steaks. However, I have a local butcher who has meat that is just as good and a whole lot cheaper. OS is a nice treat once in awhile but I sure couldn't afford it on a regular basis. As for the ads and emails, just trash them. All complaining does is upset you, they couldn't care less. I used to get calls nightly but I just didn't answer when I saw it on my caller ID. They eventually stopped. I don't get mailers but don't recall if I get email. I get so much spam that most gets deleted without being looked at.