Olive Gardentheft of personal property, I am a customer that goes there 6 days a week for 3 years and I had some things stolen off the table

B May 30, 2018

We are a customer for approximately 18 years and have been a very steady customer for the last 3 years at the Wayne OliveGarden location going 6 days a week and have got to know the staff and managers very well and we were awarded customer of the year last year . On Friday evening May 25th 2018 we ate dinner and I had some personal property (electrictronal equipment for my television) on the table and me and my dad got up and left, leaving the stuff on the table, when we got in the car we realized that we left the items behind and immediately called up the Olive Garden and spoke with The manager Nigel who we are friendly with as my dad has known him 18 years and he checked with the server Juilo who we also are friends with we thought and Julio said it wasn't there . Nigel then abruptly said it was gone and he blew me offand acted like he didn't care and hung up the phone . I also spoke with Julio on the phone and he said it was gone and hung up the phone rudely . I called back 30 minutes later to see if anyone found anything and I spoke with manager Nigel again and he expressed annoyance that I called and said the stuff is gone and acted as he didn't care. We went back to the restaurant on Saturday and Nigel was there and would not speak to us and we spoke with Julio and he said a lot of things get stolen from here and basically said it was no big deal. We went back to dinner Monday and Tuesday and spoke about it briefly to some of the servers and they are acting as if they know who took the stuff but are not saying much but are aware of the situation. We are extremely disappointed in Nigel and the entire staff at the Wayne Olive Garden as we thought after all this time we had friends there as we tip extremely well to all the servers . We are not coming back as we disappointed and disgusted at what transpired and that nobody cared enough to look into the matter, instead we were rudely blown off . Multiple servers knew we had the stuff there and were non caring that it went missing as we had considered everyone friends

• Wh
    What The Heck 85 May 30, 2018

It's obvious that a diner stole your item because you were too stupid and thoughtless to take it with you. This is not the staff's fault. The other staff probably know about the situation because they were warned what a whiny pain in the [censored] you're being over a situation entirely your fault.

Also, please learn proper punctuation use. Your utter lack of skills makes your complaint even more painful to read.

• Gr
    greae Jun 01, 2018

@What The Heck 85 I think we should lay off of him. The fact that he has bad punctuation and is too immature to take responsibility for his actions shows that he is only nine years old and does not know better.

Bri ron Jun 04, 2018

@What The Heck 85 WOW. Wake up, punctuation class is over, if you think this is about punctuation than you are really missing the point and the education system has failed you . This is more about common decency the lack of proper protocal when an item goes missing and the complete lack of humanity, for you to imply by me forgetting something on the table it’s ok for someone to steal it instead of turning it in is appalling and disgusting on your part . I actually feel sorry for you if you think that way .

Bri ron Jun 04, 2018

@What The Heck 85 Clearly the only one stupid is you with your utter lack of decency and ignorance and total lack of humanity . I understand i should not of left it on the table but for you to advocate theft than you are really disgusting and part of the problem

Bri ron Jun 05, 2018

@What The Heck 85 Again you are saying that there are no decent people working at the Olive Garden only low class thieves as you dare not leave anything on the table as it will be stolen

• Wh
    What The Heck 85 Jun 06, 2018

@Bri ron I did not at all imply that it is okay to steal; but you think that if it makes you feel better. You sound grumpy, it's probably your nap time.

Bri ron Jun 06, 2018

@What The Heck 85 I do take responsibility for leaving the item on the table for it to be misplaced especially since I thought common decency would be to turn the items in . I now know that the Olive Garden and it’s management support a disgusting lack of humanity and support the theory that if you leave something on a table it’s there for the taking I don’t think God ever supported stealing but the Olive Garden does, i am sorry I left my stuff there on the table and will now go to a restaurant that has a more decent code of ethics

BEnchboy Feb 07, 2019

@Bri ron If your punctuation is that bad obviously you failed the education system. If anyone should be pitted and felt sorry for it should be you. You were careless and and getting mad at them because your item was stolen. No one is advocating theft. If you knew how to comprehend what you read you would see this. They are just saying grow up and admit that this incident would not have happened if you were more careful. Your terrible grammar and poor reading skills makes you stupid.

BEnchboy Feb 07, 2019

@Bri ron It could very well be a customer that stole from you.

• Gr
    greae Jun 01, 2018

It is not like he does not care. He has other customers . He is not being paid to babysit your property. It is not his job to look after your job, it is your job. The only person you should be disappointed in is yourself for being so careless. Grow up. Take responsibility for your actions instead of getting angry at others. Trust me you won't be missed. You have a very childish attitude. FIrst of all you refuse to take any responsibility for your carelessness. Then you have one bad experience(that is YOUR fault) and you won't be back. Trust me you immature child you won't be missed.

Bri ron Jun 04, 2018

@greae Nobody asked anyone to babysit my property and you clearly are the one who needs to grow up abd for your utter lack of understanding of the situation you areca disgrace . You would think if i left something on the table there would be decent people around to turn it in not steal it . Obviously i was wrong for thinking anyone would be decent enough to turn it in and you certainly are not decent by your messed up thought process

Bri ron Jun 05, 2018

You are unbelievably ignorant and your lack of understanding is appalling and your lack of humanity is a disgrace to this country and you are exactly part of the problem that if people were kind to each other we would not be having this conversation, have a nice day .

Bri ron Jun 05, 2018

Again your lack of class and humanity and saying that people at the olive garden cannnot be trusted as you dont dare leave something on the table or it will be stolen your ignorance is amazing and dangerous

BEnchboy Feb 07, 2019

@Bri ron The only one that needs to grow up is you. Learn from your mistakes instead of harassing others for telling you the truth. That is growing up. What you are doing is childish.

BEnchboy Feb 07, 2019

@Bri ron You are not being kind to other so take your own advice.

Brittney Lucas Jun 08, 2018

Wow, I can't believe what rude people are on here. It is not your fault for having your stuff stolen. You were in a place of business were your property should be safe to leave while there. And as for the people saying it's your fault, wait until that [censored] happens to them... Don't say I'll never happen, because I've never met a person who hasn't forgotten something before or hasn't had their [censored] stolen once.

BEnchboy Feb 07, 2019

@Brittney Lucas No one is rude here. They are simply stating the truth. It may hurt but no one but the OP is rude.

Brittney Lucas Jun 08, 2018

Breathe I didn't say that anything could be done about it I just said I feel bad for him and that maybe you should have some empathy other than attacking him because it's happened to all of us at some point

wicked_00 Jun 08, 2018

how about the place of business taking responsibility... i see nothing wrong with the post and see you as being very cruel

wicked_00 Jun 08, 2018

@Brittney Lucas I agree with you Brittney ...some people like to insult and make comments that make no sense at all

BEnchboy Feb 07, 2019

@wicked_00 How about the OP taking responsibility. The business is not responsible if they leave thing behind and someone takes it.

wicked_00 Jun 08, 2018

I am actually shocked about the comments left her regarding this situation. I used to work at Olive Garden. If a customer left personal belongings on the table or anywhere the items would be taken to a secure place and noted. If the customer was to call back to inquire about a left personal item hey would need to identify it and it would be returned. It sounds to me the staff stole it and everyone wants to blame the customer for being treated in a poor way after calling to ask about the left item thinking after years of being a good customer there would be absolutely no problem there with any staff stealing anything left behind. They were clearly saying food things about this Olive Garden location only to be treated very poorly when theft was an issue after leaving behind an item. Many things are always forgotten at places of business and there are policies and procedures to follow by each employee and rudeness is not one...I am ashamed of the comments left here!

wicked_00 Jun 08, 2018

so i made a typo... lets hear all the cruel name words for a typo now..

• RemoveWithReason Jun 09, 2018

The original poster being a complete [censored] aside, who the heck eats at Olive Garden 6 days a week for 18 years? Let alone, eats out 6 days a week in general? I can't say Olive Garden's food is that good. Least to mention, they are throwing away an astonishing amount of money with their dining habits. It explains why they expect their "electrictronal equipment" to not be stolen when abandoned in public.

• SubSquirrel Jun 13, 2018

It isn't their responsibility to keep track of your toys. Blaming the restaurant and staff of theft is presumptuous. Call the police if theft occurs. Surely a camera is present, recording the activities within the restaurant. You must be very unhealthy if you eat that salty, fatty and greasy food six days a week for three years steady. Lazy? Untrained? Cooking isn't rocket science or brain surgery. It's nice you can seemingly afford to eat at restaurants daily but bringing television remotes and such along with you is ludicrous.

You got in the car and realized you left items behind. You called, instead of simply walking back inside? I smell bull****. Your tale unravels little by little. You want to blame the restaurant to defame their business. Did a waitress not fall for your flirting? Did you demand a discount?

Methinks this story is written by the same woman who continually writes about restaurants doing her wrong Stories made up to garner attention. Took me a while but your lies revealed who you are. More evidence for that class-action defamation of businesses suit I guess.

I hope silver bracelets match your earrings.

• Don'tBeAMoron Jun 19, 2018

Seems like the OP was daft and deserved to lose their property.

• SubSquirrel Jun 19, 2018

@Don'tBeAMoron @Don’tBeAMoron What? You don’t bring your remote out to eat, too? You deprive it of sustenance? Meanie!!! Poor lonely remote, sitting upon the couch, patiently and hungrily waiting for your return. They should revoke your medical license and force you to seek intervention by a colleague.

*such cruelty in the world*

• SubSquirrel Jun 19, 2018

@First Born Triplet “electrictronal equipment for my television) on the table”. I didn’t think the ‘electrictronal’ equipment was new. But new or used, I’d have left it in the car or put it in a pocket. I doubt someone would steal a remote for an unknown television, too. Put aside and it’s small so easily overlooked.

• Fi
    Fine Young Aiden 2005 Jun 20, 2018

It was not weed, it was a crack pipe. I am the one that stole it and I with the money I bought my very first crack pipe. But it was not on Ebay, it was on Craiglist.

• Fi
    Fine Young Aiden 2005 Jun 20, 2018

The crack pipe was sold on craigslist as well. Guess they did not check that they were selling legal things.

• SubSquirrel Jun 20, 2018

Not much weed can be bought for the cost of a used remote! $20 gets you enough for an hour of mystique. At least it did in my day...

• SubSquirrel Sep 21, 2018

Quite often you find people using multiple names here. I guess if you don’t have a good life, posting here under various names 24/7 keeps you busy.

One of my favorite posters changes nicknames so often that I lost track of her.