Olive Gardenpork in the meat sauce

B Review updated:

I had the pleasure of eating at one of the restaurants on 1/16/17. Now on the menu I ordered a dish that advertised that it has traditional meat sauce that comes along with it. Now to me, meat sauce just meant ground beef. No where on the menu does it say pork is included in that meat sauce. I do not eat pork. I was told after I had consumed some of the meal that low and behold it included pork which had my stomach turning all night long. I think it's false advertising. Your consumers should know right away what type of meat is in the sauce as to not have someone get violently ill by consuming it. Please let me know what you intend to do to rectify this.

Talibah Wilson

ChrisNorth Mar 19, 2018

There is a growing number of people who eschew pork. Pigs are as smart as dogs, and I wouldn't ever eat a dog. I have specifically asked my server at OG if the meat sauce contains pork. Depending on which restaurant I was in, I have gotten different answers, yes or no. I wish they would just simplify and make it all 100% beef chain-wide so this concern would go away.

• Os
    Ostentatious Savant Jan 28, 2019

@ChrisNorth Their meat sauce doesn't even have pork in it though.

• Os
    Ostentatious Savant Jan 28, 2019

Actually, Olive Garden's meat sauce does not include pork. Neither do their meatballs. They actually have charts you can pull up on google that show which items at Olive Garden have pork.

• Md
    MDot Feb 28, 2019

to Ostentatious Savant, I beg to differ on your above comment that states, " Olive Garden's meat sauce does not include pork. Neither do their meatballs." BE CARFEUL WHAT YOU POST - ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE THE FACTS FIRST!

I ate at Olive Garden (Whitehall, PA) last evening, 2/27/19 with my children and the menu CLEARLY reads, **Our meat-sauce is made with pan-seared beef and Italian sausage.**

I am a person who does not eat pork as well (same as many other people who posted above) and I chose to order chicken dishes when I dine at Olive Garden. Even the zuppa tuscana soup has Italian sausage in it = PORK, so people who do not eat pork should KNOW what a restaurants ingredients are prior to ordering and consuming certain menu items.