OCBC Bankocbc bank's gift vouchers cheating

L Review updated:

I'm Latheesh Thankappan, Singapore PR. On October 2009, one customer care officer from OCBC bank called me and offer EasiCredit pre-approved loan facility. As I was not looking for a loan at that time, I rejected their offer. But she insisted me to take that loan as there is no annual fee for the first year and there after I can cancell this loan account. On top of that, she offer me $20 NTUC voucher. So I agreed to process the loan and I received the Cheque book and ATM cards for the loan account. But I did not receive the voucher yet.

When I contacted the bank, they claim that the voucher is for the first 300 customers only. But during the conversation of the customer service officer to take the loan did not mention me any thing like 300 customers.
Now I wanted to cancell this loan account. they are asking to go the OCBC branch and submit the application for closure. I feel cheated totally.

Another thing happened with this OCBC bank is they sent pre-approved credit card conversion from normal card to OCBC titanium card with offer of $50 Robinson voucher if i spend above $100 on that card within Jan 2010. (This offer is for the first 300 customers). I spent the amount on OCBC titanium card and was waiting till now. When I contacted the bank, the told me that they have not counted the number of customers who spent the amount on the card. (till end of Feb 2010???)

This is totally cheating and I wanted to close all the deals with OCBC bank.

• St
    Standup Singapore Aug 04, 2021

Latheesh, I am sorry for what happened and I am sure u r not alone when comes to bad exp w OCBC. Being a Singaporean myself, I felt ashamed a Singapore listed bank behave in such low manner and many negative inputs here reassured my belief is a NO GO for OCBC

Chandra1711 Jan 22, 2019

My credit card [protected] has been suspended even though I deposit advance funds into my credit card. I would like to cancel my card after more than 20 years using OCBC as I find this ridiculous.

Please return my funds from the credit card account.

Please see the photo attached for details.

Comments

• Ge
    GenieRabbit Oct 21, 2018

I had called twice to request for an officer from the Collection department to return my call.

The call centre personnel took down my messages and promised to get the officer-in-charge to call me back by end of the day. I did not receive any calls at all.

I was totally disappointed by this kind of service.

John JJ Oct 02, 2018

Service Very bad attitude at jb 1, jalan ibrahim, not respect customer. Staff female.nt good.i will cancel all my account.very poor service

• Pr
    Priya Purush Jun 04, 2010

You are right! I even have such weird experiences with OCBC. I advice my friends not to approac OCBC to take any loans...huh