Having problems with OCBC Bank?

OCBC Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 27, 2010. The latest review Erroneous Charges on a Business Account was posted on Apr 13, 2021. The latest complaint personal loan release letter & refund for excess payment not received was resolved on Apr 17, 2019. OCBC Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 57 reviews. OCBC Bank has resolved 12 complaints.

OCBC Bank Customer Service Contacts

1800 363 3333 (Personal Banking)
150 0999 (Indonesia)
+65 63 633 333 (Personal Banking)
+65 65 381 111 (Business Banking)
+65 65 598 000 (Head Office)
+62 212 650 6300 (Indonesia)
+60 383 175 000 (Malaysia, Personal Banking)
+60 130 088 7000 (Malaysia, Business Banking)
63 Market Street № 22-00, Bank of Singapore Centre
Singapore
Singapore - 048942

OCBC Bank Complaints & Reviews

OCBC Bank — customer service

On the [protected] afternoon, I went to update my daughter OCBC Savers bank passbook. I noticed there was a...

OCBC Bank — card dept.

I'm utterly disappointed with the service rendered to me by ocbc bank. My card closure application form wa...

OCBC — endless queues and useless staff

I have a business bank account with you ocbc every time I come to their main office to get something sorted...

OCBC Bank — customer service

Bank is composed of mainlt uncivilised people. Requirement to be their fiancial adviser is the lowest in...

OCBCbeware the tricks of ocbc products

I was lured for earning higher interest rates with OCBC 360 account. To get bonus interests, I have credited my monthly salary to this deposit account and tried to apply their credit card. When I applied for the 365 credit card, I was asked to apply for the EasiCredit as well because it is "complementary" and I can't turn it down. The application of EasiCredit was approved in the following day, and the card and check book was sent to me in few days. However, after that, I was informed that my application for 365 credit card was unsuccessful and they refused to give me reasons. Note that, I don't think I am not qualified for the OCBC credit card, and they even offered me to take loans from them before submitting my application. Also, I have other credit cards from other banks for years with good credit records.

I think OCBC is playing tricks to promote their other products (e.g., EasiCredit). It is hard for me to trust this bank again.

OCBC Bank — immoderate ocbc

Immoderate OCBC I’m a victim of the dirty trick that OCBC has done to me. I have no other creditor...

OCBCgive me my money!!!

I have a few hundred thousand dollars in OCBC, which I saved from a few years working in Singapore. Now that I have left, I want to clear out the account, but they have been dragging their feet for TWO MONTHS. I have called and written almost daily since then, but realize that once you are no longer in Singapore, you really have no leverage. I have made a complaint to the Monetary Authority of Singapore, but it is too early to tell whether that will have an effect.

The bottom line -- DO NOT leave your money in Singapore banks when you leave the country!! I have heard my story repeated by numerous expats, many of whom said that they eventually had to get a flight to Singapore to demand their savings back!!!

OCBC Bankannual fee reipoff

Better think twice before applying ocbc credit card. I have used my credit card for 24months installment interest free purchase. And while I left 10months of installment, ocbc decided to charge me $50 annual fee.

My request to have the annual fee waived is denied, but they will be giving me $30 ntuc or robinson cash voucher and a spa voucher. And if I were to cancel the card immediately, I will have to pay a penalty of $150 despite full payment of the installment. What a ripoff?!

• Re
          redress.me Mar 31, 2012

I have forwarded the story to Redress.me. Hope you will get the recourse you needed. Here it is:http://redress.me/view_post.php?pid=2103

OCBCunethical practice

ocbc personal loan unethical practice. bait you with low interest offer (actually lie) and later persuade you to apply for their loan and once approved, then give you higher interest rate. so better chances for them to get more cases and achieve their submitted case quota. Probably was instructed by the loan manager himself. actual events...mr kent loi tick kian, tel no [protected], johor bahru ocbc personal loan officer called me. he enquired my credit card limit & promised & ensured no problem for personal loan for RM60, 000 for 3 years at attractive interest rate of 7.2% and no other additional fees i have been called by many banks before but i declined as the interest rate is usually higher. Mr kent requested to see me the following day at my clinic & i agreed. he took my documents and he gave me a letter clearly stating amount rm 60, 000. interest per year 7.2%, repayment over 3 years and monthly rm 2027. then he told me a small amount of rm 210 need to pay for insurance takaful which not mentioned earlier but anyways i agreed as the amount is small. i received a call from ocbc officer to verify me for approval on 7.11.2011. Today, 10.11.2011 an officer from personal loan called me and told me my loan is approved and the interest rate is 9.5%. the issue is 9.5%. My point is in principal, OCBC should be honest and tell the truth from the beginning. if the interest rate is not fixed or not sure, Mr kent should just say so. To me it is very clear that this OCBC officer has clear intention to trick customer to apply for personal loan by giving such promise over telephone and later in writing. after customer loan approved, they display their true cards by telling the actual higher interest rate (9.5%). the officer has nothing to lose and may achieve his quota for cases submitted & better chances for the customer to accept the loan. they wasted my time & tricked me with such unethical practice. i have informed the loan manager who agreed and will call back but never did. are there any ethical OCBC officers at all??? i have attached the written promise mr kent has given me.

unethical practice

OCBC Bank — unable to login - otp request

I got problem to login to the internet banking provided by the bank. Since they require OTP...

OCBC — is this person the bank lawyer

Urgent... Urgent... Urgent request I was informed that I should send $8, 100.00 u. S. D to thiss person who...

OCBC Bank — bad customer services

Dear Manager With the complain to the above for the Melaka OCBC BANK officer who work in the customer...

OCBC Bank — unable to cancel transaction

I made a bill payment thru OCBC Internet Banking yesterday morning. While I was submitting the transaction, I...

OCBCbank overdraft my account

I owned an IQ basic account in OCBC malaysia.
          My account is being overdrafted by the bank without my notice.
          I have complain to its customer service department and waiting for their response.

OCBC Bankservices

The bank suspended my cards for no reasons given when I called the first time. The second time I called they requested me to pay full. After paying full, I called again to asked regarding about the statues of my card. One of the staffs from ocbc credit card department went to checked but can't even give me an answer. She even requested me to pay another $150 for the interest which yet to appeared on the current bill. This is absurd! Ocbc bank services is the worst that I had encountered!

• Tt
                tt84 Oct 21, 2011

People, open your eyes and read the pricing guide carefully. Late charges are imposed when you are late. Even if you are late for 1 day, you are still late. Who gives a damn about your reasons. But they do consider waivers out of good wills at times. If you did not make the minimum payment stated, you are considered not to have made any payments. Don't you read the charges before your apply anything? Sign blindly? Go ahead..

• Lf
                LFSG Apr 28, 2011

Hi, I had the same experience. I was only a few days late in paying my credit card bill of a few dollars and the bank charged me interest plus a $50 late fee on the next bill. Thinking I would call up for a waiver as most of the other banks would just do a waiver, I paid for my expenditure but not the financial charges. Unfortunately I was very busy that month and forgot to call but I didn't use the card after that. On the second month they levied financial charges on the first set of financial charges. When I called to ask for a waiver, the officer flatly refused to waive the charges saying it was the bank's policy. I asked him to cancel my card and he made it a point to re-iterate that I had to pay for the charges even if I cancelled the card. I wrote a complaint to the bank and a 2nd officer called me but also said it was the bank's policy not to waive. After much discussion, she came back saying that the bank would waive part of it. However, while we were discussing, a new round of financial charges were slapped on me bringing everything back to square one. I wrote another complaint and a 3rd officer called me again to say that it was the bank's policy not to waive the charges. OCBC bank is simply ridiculous. I've cut my credit cards and will be sending them back to the bank. Please don't deal with this bank because you will probably die from frustration trying to communicate with them!

• Al
                alial Dec 22, 2010

I HAVE ONLY ONE DAY... IF THEY PEOPLE ARE
                > ORIGINAL?
                > MR. ZADDIN BIN MAHATIR BARRISTER (+[protected])MR. USMAN BIN ABU BAKAR
                > HIGH COURT CLERK (+60-1-[protected])MS. BINTI SEW CHIEF ACCOUNT OFFICER OCBC
                > OVERSEA BANK (+60-[protected])
                > ALSO FIND OUT THE COURT FEE FOR THE PURPOSE OF CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
                > CERTIFICATE 1- COURT NOTARY FEE2- COURT OATH FEE3- COURT STAMP DUTY FEE
                please replyurget

• Pi
                pipiyap Oct 13, 2010

I have the same experience with OCBC credit card service.
                I was late with my S$6 interest charge payment and I ended up being charge s$50 late payment plus add S$5 interest. I pointed out it is very unfair to charge me so much for the $6 but they are unwilling to waive for me. So I made the payment few days later and though putting this issue aside. Few days later, a new bill came in and I was charge $50 fine again!!! I was very upset and called them to waive the fees and they never get back them.
                I never meet such a moneysucker credit card company that charge a client for $100+ for $6 late payment in 2 months time, the lady who previously talked to me on phone never warn me the next billing cycle going to come nor they call me! It really drive me super nuts to cut all the relationship ties with OCBC!

OCBC Bank — wrong transfer of funds

My Name is Mangalam Kasturirangan Srivatsa NRIC S2743615C Phone [protected] I have been charged S$ 17, 800 to my...

OCBC Bank — ocbc bank's gift vouchers cheating

I'm Latheesh Thankappan, Singapore PR. On October 2009, one customer care officer from OCBC bank called...