Having problems with OCBC Bank?

1800 363 3333 (Personal Banking)
150 0999 (Indonesia)
+65 63 633 333 (Personal Banking)
+65 65 381 111 (Business Banking)
+65 65 598 000 (Head Office)
+62 212 650 6300 (Indonesia)
+60 383 175 000 (Malaysia, Personal Banking)
+60 130 088 7000 (Malaysia, Business Banking)
63 Market Street № 22-00, Bank of Singapore Centre
Singapore
Singapore - 048942

Complaints & Reviews

unethical practice

ocbc personal loan unethical practice. bait you with low interest offer (actually lie) and later persuade you to apply for their loan and once approved, then give you higher interest rate. so better chances for them to get more cases and achieve their submitted case quota. Probably was instructed by the loan manager himself. actual events...mr kent loi tick kian, tel no [protected], johor bahru ocbc personal loan officer called me. he enquired my credit card limit & promised & ensured no problem for personal loan for RM60, 000 for 3 years at attractive interest rate of 7.2% and no other additional fees i have been called by many banks before but i declined as the interest rate is usually higher. Mr kent requested to see me the following day at my clinic & i agreed. he took my documents and he gave me a letter clearly stating amount rm 60, 000. interest per year 7.2%, repayment over 3 years and monthly rm 2027. then he told me a small amount of rm 210 need to pay for insurance takaful which not mentioned earlier but anyways i agreed as the amount is small. i received a call from ocbc officer to verify me for approval on 7.11.2011. Today, 10.11.2011 an officer from personal loan called me and told me my loan is approved and the interest rate is 9.5%. the issue is 9.5%. My point is in principal, OCBC should be honest and tell the truth from the beginning. if the interest rate is not fixed or not sure, Mr kent should just say so. To me it is very clear that this OCBC officer has clear intention to trick customer to apply for personal loan by giving such promise over telephone and later in writing. after customer loan approved, they display their true cards by telling the actual higher interest rate (9.5%). the officer has nothing to lose and may achieve his quota for cases submitted & better chances for the customer to accept the loan. they wasted my time & tricked me with such unethical practice. i have informed the loan manager who agreed and will call back but never did. are there any ethical OCBC officers at all??? i have attached the written promise mr kent has given me.

unethical practice

unable to login - otp request

I got problem to login to the internet banking provided by the bank. Since they require OTP (one-time-password) to login, at first it was okay for me. I received OTP by sms but few months after I changed my phone number, I'm unable to login because I didn't update the phone number in the internet. I called their service center, and they asked me to walk in to any branches, fill up form to update phone number and submit to them. Why is it so hard to request for OTP? Even to get a token, I also need to fill up the form. I really need to login to my account at this time but unable to do that because of the dumb process made by them.

I said ### u dumb ### - OCBC son of ###!!! Lastly, I took out all my money from the ATM (instead of online transfer), bank in all the money to other account with Maybank, and use their more user friendly internet banking!!!

tt84 Oct 21, 2011

Gosh are you an idiot? If its so easy to change the OTP, then whats the point of having one? Didnt you know you can just update it via the ATM Machine? That is what every local banks are doing. Foreign banks are worst. They dont allow you to update using their ATM Machine. Change of OTP number is only allowed by visiting a branch. If you are not educated, dont bother using internet banking..

is this person the bank lawyer

Urgent... Urgent... Urgent request I was informed that I should send $8, 100.00 u. S. D to thiss person who...

bad customer services

Dear Manager
With the complain to the above for the Melaka OCBC BANK officer who work in the customer services department was make me unsatisfied and confused at their plans explaination which i would like to apply for and work knoweledgement when answer to customer .I'm as a customer who wish to apply a balance transfer plan with a staff in this morning and also is a new teller with OCBC BANK to apply loan but the staff didn't say to me OCBC BANK doesn't got this facility for my plan which i wanna applying for moreover the staff do not know what kind of the plan i talking about, that well, i'd say i can open a savings account with OCBC BANK after that please transfer ten thousand into my account and the credit card please send to my current resident address whilst combine limit is around fiftheen thousand and i take one year duration to pay for the plan for that ten thousand only, but the staff said to me okay, they help to open a savings account to me .Therefore, i'd gotta explain my plan to them and say " how about for my credit card and balance transfer? what for i need to open an account first and haven't done my application yet ! " After a short while the one staff ask for a help out from another one afficer, is this officer say to me yes, you can got this loan with your annual salary but they still confused what was the balance transfer i would like applying to ! Well, i had need to gave one more explanation to them so, then the officer say to me sorry ! Our bank don't have this facilities .I feel sorry about is that really the staff understood clearly their company bank facilities moreover they were a officer ?Just hope can be able to see some professional attitute changing at the officers in OCBC BANK Melaka the one outlet near to Dataran Pahlawan shopping centre .

kindly regards
Miss Lim
[protected]@HOTMAIL.COM

• Sk
    skyb1ue Jun 11, 2011

I think you should go to the bank and talk to the manager instead.

• Sk
    skyb1ue Jun 11, 2011

I think you should go the the bank and talk to manager instead.

• Ga
    ganesan ganz Nov 10, 2011

are there any ethical ocbc officers at all?? mr kent loi tick kian, tel no 0167150040, johor bahru ocbc personal loan officer called me. he enquired my credit card limit & promised & ensured no problem for personal loan for RM60, 000 for 3 years at attractive interest rate of 7.2% and no other additional fees i have been called by many banks before but i declined as the interest rate is usually higher. Mr kent requested to see me the following day at my clinic & i agreed. he took my documents and he gave me a letter clearly stating amount rm 60, 000. interest per year 7.2%, repayment over 3 years and monthly rm 2027. then he told me a small amount of rm 210 need to pay for insurance takaful which not mentioned earlier but anyways i agreed as the amount is small. i received a call from ocbc officer to verify me for approval on 7.11.2011. Today, 10.11.2011 an officer from personal loan called me and told me my loan is approved and the interest rate is 9.5%. the issue is 9.5%. My point is in principal, OCBC should be honest and tell the truth from the beginning. if the interest rate is not fixed or not sure, Mr kent should just say so. To me it is very clear that this OCBC officer has clear intention to trick customer to apply for personal loan by giving such promise over telephone and later in writing. after customer loan approved, they display their true cards by telling the actual higher interest rate (9.5%). the officer has nothing to lose and may achieve his quota for cases submitted & better chances for the customer to accept the loan. they wasted my time & tricked me with such unethical practice. i have informed the manager he agreed and said will call back but never did so. Probably he taught his juniors to do sales such way.

• Ya
    Yahui Wang Jan 15, 2019

About 13 days ago, we open 2 business accounts in Ubi Ocbc. now received message of one account, but another one haven't . today I went to Ubi ocbc again. I wish to confirm whether the account number I have received is real, and why another account haven't been approved. But what the officer said make me scare. She said I need to find that guy who applied the accounts for us, and ask him about the accounts. other people don't know. I said I gave him calls, but no reply. then the officer informed the guy with voice wechat, asked him to call me back. but no reply. I asked the officer whether I should wait for him in Ocbc, but she said waiting is not necessary because that guy is not stay in bank, he always go outside . I think it's no good for us, consider that if our account is open in Ocbc, only one person knows it, and in charge it, others don't know. that means to me, Ocbc bank is only that guy's bank. if that guy disappear, our account ... I cannot get any information one whole day, think in china, any bank cannot like this, any person go out, others will continue his job, active in work, all for one and one for all, co-operation is so important in recent compete world. if staff cannot co-operation, bank is not good. I wish to close Ocbc account and change to another bank, but Ocbc said if close must pay 100S$. I think it 's not fair to me. I have never used the account, and only just applied.

unable to cancel transaction

I made a bill payment thru OCBC Internet Banking yesterday morning. While I was submitting the transaction, I discover my mistake - suppose to key in $54.74, I keyed in as $5, 474.00. I tried to stop the transaction but was informed that application for payment in progress and I am unable to cancel.

Immediately I called OCBC Bank Customer Hotline but was informed that nothing can be done about it!!! and I have to call the "Receiving Party" to refund to me once receive. When I called the "Receiving Party", I was told that they can't do anything as the money will reach them in 2 to 3 days time and they will then have to investigate the excess payment and refund to me once investigation is confirm and all this will take about 3 weeks from the day payment received!.

I receive a email shortly from OCBC Bank that payment will be process in 2 to 3 working days! If it takes 2 to 3 days to process, why can't they just cancel my transaction? Answer from then was NOTHING CAN BE DONE AFTER SUBMISSION WAS DONE!

Can anyone let me know how can I go about with my complain in the BAD Service from the Customer Service as I tried to speak to a higher authority to get help but was block by the Customer Service Officers. I told them that the longer they delay in getting the Manager to process the cancellation, the chances of stopping the transaction is slimmer. But I still have no luck in speaking to a Manager. I called 4 times but nothing can be done.

If cheques can be stopped, T/T can be stopped, why internet banking cannot?? I am now at their mercy of refund my money back and I hope someone let me know if there is anyway I can get help to speed up the refund.

PG
[protected]@singnet.com.sg

tt84 Oct 21, 2011

Of course you cannot terminate any request you submitted online. Its the same concept as transfering funds to a 3rd party. Once funds are transferred/payments are made, the $ belongs to the receiving party. The bank itself is only an intermediary for helping you to 'pass $' to them. Please open up your big eyes and see what you are doing. If you need the $ urgently, Call up the receiving co. and ask them to refund you asap. Btw, even the receiving party doesn't trust you, thats why they need 2-3 weeks to investigate. I think Singapore should come up with a channel for companies to complain about customers who make mistakes themselves and make a big hoo ha..

• Sg
    SGOCBCUSER Jul 23, 2012

the best thing happened to me is, i paid singtel and starhub bills through interenet banking.
    i registered my account details, for the first fewmonths, it was fine.
    for the past few months, payment not soing though.
    I am paying fine to singtel and starhub snce they didndt receive any payment, though i paid through ocbc...

I am planning to take this consumer council, if idnt get any proper explanaton from ocbc.

bank overdraft my account

I owned an IQ basic account in OCBC malaysia.
My account is being overdrafted by the bank without my notice.
I have complain to its customer service department and waiting for their response.

services

The bank suspended my cards for no reasons given when I called the first time. The second time I called they requested me to pay full. After paying full, I called again to asked regarding about the statues of my card. One of the staffs from ocbc credit card department went to checked but can't even give me an answer. She even requested me to pay another $150 for the interest which yet to appeared on the current bill. This is absurd! Ocbc bank services is the worst that I had encountered!

• Pi
    pipiyap Oct 13, 2010

I have the same experience with OCBC credit card service.
    I was late with my S$6 interest charge payment and I ended up being charge s$50 late payment plus add S$5 interest. I pointed out it is very unfair to charge me so much for the $6 but they are unwilling to waive for me. So I made the payment few days later and though putting this issue aside. Few days later, a new bill came in and I was charge $50 fine again!!! I was very upset and called them to waive the fees and they never get back them.
    I never meet such a moneysucker credit card company that charge a client for $100+ for $6 late payment in 2 months time, the lady who previously talked to me on phone never warn me the next billing cycle going to come nor they call me! It really drive me super nuts to cut all the relationship ties with OCBC!

• Al
    alial Dec 22, 2010

I HAVE ONLY ONE DAY... IF THEY PEOPLE ARE
    > ORIGINAL?
    > MR. ZADDIN BIN MAHATIR BARRISTER (+60-163-074-554)MR. USMAN BIN ABU BAKAR
    > HIGH COURT CLERK (+60-1-63586298)MS. BINTI SEW CHIEF ACCOUNT OFFICER OCBC
    > OVERSEA BANK (+60-321784604)
    > ALSO FIND OUT THE COURT FEE FOR THE PURPOSE OF CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
    > CERTIFICATE 1- COURT NOTARY FEE2- COURT OATH FEE3- COURT STAMP DUTY FEE
    please replyurget

• Lf
    LFSG Apr 28, 2011

Hi, I had the same experience. I was only a few days late in paying my credit card bill of a few dollars and the bank charged me interest plus a $50 late fee on the next bill. Thinking I would call up for a waiver as most of the other banks would just do a waiver, I paid for my expenditure but not the financial charges. Unfortunately I was very busy that month and forgot to call but I didn't use the card after that. On the second month they levied financial charges on the first set of financial charges. When I called to ask for a waiver, the officer flatly refused to waive the charges saying it was the bank's policy. I asked him to cancel my card and he made it a point to re-iterate that I had to pay for the charges even if I cancelled the card. I wrote a complaint to the bank and a 2nd officer called me but also said it was the bank's policy not to waive. After much discussion, she came back saying that the bank would waive part of it. However, while we were discussing, a new round of financial charges were slapped on me bringing everything back to square one. I wrote another complaint and a 3rd officer called me again to say that it was the bank's policy not to waive the charges. OCBC bank is simply ridiculous. I've cut my credit cards and will be sending them back to the bank. Please don't deal with this bank because you will probably die from frustration trying to communicate with them!

tt84 Oct 21, 2011

People, open your eyes and read the pricing guide carefully. Late charges are imposed when you are late. Even if you are late for 1 day, you are still late. Who gives a damn about your reasons. But they do consider waivers out of good wills at times. If you did not make the minimum payment stated, you are considered not to have made any payments. Don't you read the charges before your apply anything? Sign blindly? Go ahead..

wrong transfer of funds

My Name is Mangalam Kasturirangan Srivatsa NRIC S2743615C Phone [protected]
I have been charged S$ 17, 800 to my easy credit as a sopecisl facility by one of yur phone banking officers 2 weeks back abd was told that the same will be credited to my Savings Account in OCBC.. On the 4th Aug there was a debit of S$17, 800 but there was no credit to my Savings account.. I called on the evening of the 5th and was told it is sent to my POSB account.. I checked the POSB account and there was no transfer.. I called this morning and complained.. There was a call from your officer at 11-00 am and was given the account number to which it was transfered.. This was my OCBC savings account number and I was told it was transfered to DBS bank.. I told the officer that she will correct the mistake and revert to me.. Till 11-00 pm nothing happened.. I called OCBC help line again.. It is better to call it unhelp line..First I was told that OCBC is trying to retrive the money from DBS !!! Is this the mistake of OCBC or the customer ??? I had to raise my voice to get any sort of response from the (un)helpline officer.. She calls back after 10 mts.. I am told by the officer that there is nothing that can be done till Tuesday and that they will waive the interest for the 3 days !!! I wanted to get a written confirmation on the error committed by the bank as currently the money is owed by me when it is wrongly paid to some unknown account in DBS.. I am told that this cannot be done till Tuesday !!! So now I have a debit made for S$ 17, 800 and money sent to some wrong bank and OCBC cannot even send me a mail acknowledging the mistake !!! So till Tuesday I have the risk of owing money "taken" from my account legally.. If this is not accounting to stealing public money by a bank like OCBC what else is.. Worst odf all is the total irresponsibility and unaccountability of the officers handling public money..
With the fiasco recently at DBS and this now how safe are Singapore banks ????
Since I have the risk exposure till the money is retrieved I am copying the press and also the Ministry of trade and industry for my protection...

chekmareva Nov 03, 2010

So what happened to this complaint? Did you reach a resolution?

tt84 Oct 21, 2011

By putting your name and ur ic no. and ur telephone, you have just become the world's number one joker. congracts.

ocbc bank's gift vouchers cheating

I'm Latheesh Thankappan, Singapore PR. On October 2009, one customer care officer from OCBC bank called me and offer EasiCredit pre-approved loan facility. As I was not looking for a loan at that time, I rejected their offer. But she insisted me to take that loan as there is no annual fee for the first year and there after I can cancell this loan account. On top of that, she offer me $20 NTUC voucher. So I agreed to process the loan and I received the Cheque book and ATM cards for the loan account. But I did not receive the voucher yet.

When I contacted the bank, they claim that the voucher is for the first 300 customers only. But during the conversation of the customer service officer to take the loan did not mention me any thing like 300 customers.
Now I wanted to cancell this loan account. they are asking to go the OCBC branch and submit the application for closure. I feel cheated totally.

Another thing happened with this OCBC bank is they sent pre-approved credit card conversion from normal card to OCBC titanium card with offer of $50 Robinson voucher if i spend above $100 on that card within Jan 2010. (This offer is for the first 300 customers). I spent the amount on OCBC titanium card and was waiting till now. When I contacted the bank, the told me that they have not counted the number of customers who spent the amount on the card. (till end of Feb 2010???)

This is totally cheating and I wanted to close all the deals with OCBC bank.

• Pr
    Priya Purush Jun 04, 2010

You are right! I even have such weird experiences with OCBC. I advice my friends not to approac OCBC to take any loans...huh

John JJ Oct 02, 2018

Service Very bad attitude at jb 1, jalan ibrahim, not respect customer. Staff female.nt good.i will cancel all my account.very poor service

• Ge
    GenieRabbit Oct 21, 2018

I had called twice to request for an officer from the Collection department to return my call.

The call centre personnel took down my messages and promised to get the officer-in-charge to call me back by end of the day. I did not receive any calls at all.

I was totally disappointed by this kind of service.

Chandra1711 Jan 22, 2019

My credit card 4966790000927103 has been suspended even though I deposit advance funds into my credit card. I would like to cancel my card after more than 20 years using OCBC as I find this ridiculous.

Please return my funds from the credit card account.

Please see the photo attached for details.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices