Oakley Sunglassespoor service for product repair — a jip

I paid about $20 in packaging and "trackable shipping" to send in a $220 pair of sun glasses just to get them to replace a screw that was holding the arm together. The glasses are a good several years old, but it's just a screw. They claimed the model is discontinued and that they cannot "repair" it. Then they told me that if I let them keep the glasses they will give me $40 toward a new pair. I have to go to an Oakley store and find the right fit (they're for my husband) and then call in the model number to get the $40 discount. So, fast forward (that was 2 weeks ago), I get an email and message from them. They are sending my broken glasses back to me because I allegedly didn't act fast enough. They never told me there was a time limit (2 weeks??!!) to me going out and selecting a new pair to buy. So, if I want to get the $40 discount on a new pair, I have to incur the expense of re-mailing my broken glasses to them in order to start the process again. I will be out of a total of $40 if I do that. What kind of service is this where they casually put me on a time limit to buy a new pair? This is very poor service. Just send me a coupon or something and discard the old pair. My goodness!!!

joe butrim Apr 25, 2009

they charged me 184.00 for a pair of 30.00 sunglasses!

• Kn
    K_NL Mar 12, 2011

Bury, Lancashire UK
    Woman 29 - 35 yrs.
    Purchased a new £350 pound pair of Oakley eyeglasses, and within 1 month the screw came out and a side arm came off. The other screws are loose enough that two remaining lenses, nose piece and other arm were loose.
    Returning them to Yates & Suddell, I was told a new pair would have to be ordered - but they were on back order for a week.
    This left me without any eyeglasses for 5 days until two sale pairs from Tommy Hilfiger and Vogue could be made to my prescription. This was an additional £195 which Yates and Suddell kindly lowered to around £160.
    Having my Oakley's back a week, they are loose again.
    Very disappointed.
    My plastic Oakley sunglasses purchased in Canada one year ago stated 'peeing' and bubbling at the sides. There was no notice that this happens? Called Oakley, was told to send them back - at my own cost.
    Was a customer - now a disappointed consumer.
    Working in Marketing, I'm surprised Oakley has been allowed to operate selling products internationally that do not meet the even most basic requirements of those they target through various sporting events. I would never take Oakley's snowboarding or even to work - so I can see what I'm doing! A product I cannot trust, isn’t worth my effort to go and earn it, then buy it. Hope they acknowledge that soon!!

• Do
    Dolf de wet Apr 11, 2011

To whom it may concern;

In April 2010 I ordered and paid for a pair of new polarized aradium lenses for my Oakley sunglasses through Rohloff Optics in Swakopmund, Namibia.

The new lenses arrived three months later and after wearing them for 2 weeks the protective "glare" came off. The lenses was sent back through one of your representatives that was here in Namibia at the time. His comments was that he will take them back and personally send new lenses again. The promised lenses was sent but when they arrived it was the wrong lenses which was sent back once again.

It has been nine months since I ordered and paid for the new lenses and still I haven't received the correct ones.

Unfortunately I am unable to give you the representatives name as Rohloff Optics are not allowed to give me this information, some agreement they have with you.

I am a tennis coach and wear my Oakley sunglasses every single day and feel they are the best available on the market but I must admit that the Oakley service to Namibia is getting worse by the day.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could look into this matter and get back to me as soon as possible.After all the wait ive got a new pair off lenses but like before the 'glare' is coming of my second pair again and i would like to know where and to whom i can speak in connection with the back service and quality of youre product

Dolf de Wet
    Cell: +[protected]
    [email protected]

• Hu
    Hurst1961 Jul 10, 2011

Issue is you can order a pair of sunglasses and not have a hint that you might not see them for 30 days to 2 months and that's outrageous.
    At least a consumer should be made aware vs. finding out when a box with a second item arrives and the sunglasses missing.
    Shouldn't be a big deal to at least be aware of the delay.
    Speaking with the Co they have double talk down to a science and that's also sad.

• Sh
    Showmeinatl Jul 26, 2011

[email protected]
    This company is listed as Oakley us...there is no reference to the company selling FAKE Oakley sunglasses and it is not in the US. I bought the glasses for someone else and I am not an Oakley fan but she let me know they were FAKE and ONE DAY LATER they fell apart. I have sent photos and tried to get some resolution to this but unfortunately I was burned for $37 and they are unwilling to refund or replace the sunglasses...THEY SHOULD SAY FAKE on the website like I have discovered several other Oakley fake sites have done. I am attaching the receipt which is either in Chinese or something similiar...and a photo of the glasses that fell apart. I guess I am a consumer who got burned for $37----it is worth it, if I can avoid someone else from making the same mistake.

• Na
    nancydavid Feb 22, 2012

i have two pcs of Oakley sunglasses which i brought from Bangalore and another one in Malaysia (Time square KL) and my husband have one which brought from Singapore. All this pcs having a problem, two of its peeling and another one the nose piec become very sharp until got mark on my nose. Than i and my husband bring all the pcs to Time square and they ask us to bring it K avenue which opposit of KLCC but there no such service office and we go to in side KLCC and there is one Oakley shop when we explain about the problem the staff told us the one funny reason why the lance are peeling he said because of the sweat???? then my ask him sun glasses wearing in hot time and if we feel hot defiantly we will sweating... if this glasses cant wear when hot time its not sun glasses and he said its will cost a bit expensive it all our own cost... and also will take few month to repair. Then my husband said okey no prob u may sent it to repair and he reply we cant send it from here u have to bring to the main service centre which at the back of ampang point. We are very disappointed when the Oakley service is getting worse by the day can't help for most basic requirements. Ones we reach the main service center it was closed????? and we take decision we wont buy Oakley brand sunglasses any more.