NWP /Waterstoneovercharged

D

I am reading so many reviews on NWP and i was so scared about being evicted and didn't know what to do to, i know i got behind my bill but, my bill cant be that high i don't use that much water and i use DWP, and its all Electric, I don't understand all this. I have a 1 bedroom apt and how can it my bill get to be so high. The Manager says I'm in violation if i don't pay my NWP bill my Rent is paid on Time There are so many others you use more water and trash then me and they are ready to throw me on the street. I think we should also complain to the Owners of the buildings, I am doing that because my managers they let the bills get high and then they tell the residents to pay, when they cant afford it.

• Vg
    VG Tenants Mar 16, 2018

Regarding admin fees, imposed by NWP:
    NJ State Department of Community Affairs classifies Administrative Fees for any recipient of "Section 8" as illegal -
    "In reviewing the billing format it shows that an "Administrative Service Fee" is being charged along with the gas usage. Please be aware that this fee is not allowed and must be removed from the bill. If it is found that this charge si being used, the owners will be liable for an assessment of a civil penalty and may be forced to reimburse these fees to all billed parties." (letter is sent from Section 8 to landlord on May 16, 2017) New Jersey State.