Norton Internal Securityfraudulent renewal charges

I recently found a charge for "Norton Annual Renewal" on my Visa statement. The phone number [protected] is, I believe, a scam and will put you on hold indefinitely. I stayed on the line for over 30 minutes to see.

I called Symantec who makes this product and they verified that they have NOT made any charges to my account. My subscription was due to expire in Feb, 2010 so I should not (and was not according to Symantec) charged by them.

So WATCHOUT for fraud charges claiming to be "Norton Annual Renewal". I turned off the automatic renewal with Symantec just to add another level of security in case another one of these charges appears.

I was able to get this charge reversed by my bank.