Nordick Track IconTerrible service

G

To Potential Nordic Track Customers
I have been a loyal nordic track customer for many years, and my use of your products has been very satisfactory, until recently. I bought a ski machine, my second one, in October of 2009, with out the extended warranty and in the last couple weeks a problem with one of the rollers developed and soon the machine ceased to work. I have called for techincal help several times and, at best, I have been treated with indifference. On one occasion, I even had an employee tell me that they would call later, but the call promised never came. It is frustrating to be treated in such a manner, essentially ignored and continually told no, no, no for any real help. Deferring any potential help and responsibility from the Icon company I even purchased a part, ($156), directly from the company with the idea that it would entail some level of help (fixing the machine), I later found another website offering the same part at much cheaper prices, ($59). What is the difference in price for if not the help that would presumably come with it? With this type of price difference how can one now have trust . However, what I find most incredible is when I agreed to a home service call only to find out that any charges ($139) are independant of success. I was willing to pay $296 (part & service)and the Icon company still refused to assure me my macihine would be in working order. My hope is simply to get my machine working again, so this letter in hope of obtaining help to that end, despite my generally futile attempts as of now. Otherwise, though I enjoy your products, in the future I will be looking elsewhere for my home gym equipment. Since my experience leads me to the conclusion that you do not care about your customers, I would like to warn people to avoid future purchases from your company. Service =company sucess, Please think twice before doing business here.