Having problems with Smooth Fitness?

Smooth Fitness Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 999 3756 (Customer Service)
+1 866 896 9777 (Returns)
1500 South 1000 West
Logan, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Smooth Fitness Customer Service. Initial Smooth Fitness complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Smooth Fitness above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Smooth Fitness. Discuss the issues you have had with Smooth Fitness and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

R

Smooth Fitness Treadmill — Repair Service

The service is a complete scam! They just take your money and run! I bought a Evo-FX30 treadmill in January...

A

Smooth Fitness 9.65 LC treadmill — Lack of. Customer Service

In Sept. 2013 I purchased a treadmill that kept tripping the electricity. Had $600.00 special line installed...

T

Smooth Fitness 6.25 Treadmill — Refuses to honor motor warranty

Purchased a Smooth 6.25 Treadmill on 9/21/08. Invoice# WAR-T-5YP1YL states "Warranty: Life Frame & Motor, 5...

K

Smooth Fitness — warranty

I purchased and elliptical CE 74 in 2007 for 1999.00 ( not cheap!) with a lifetime warranty on parts, now the...

H

Smooth Fitness 5.45 Treadmill — Unable to get replacement parts

My (3) year old Smooth Fitness 5.45 treadmill needs a new motor control board. It broke down in February of...

Smooth Fitness V390Defective Product, no support

My company recently bought a V390 bicycle, which has a defective component. No answer to e-mails, telephone calls, etc. The only person we could reach was in sales, who didn't help. Fianlly they agreed to send a replacement component, but didn't. We tried again, but that didn't work. We wanted to return the product, but their installers destroyed the box. Smooth says we need the box. Nice Catch 22, right?

I searched online and found some questions about their finances.

Save your money. Go elsewhere.

Smooth Fitnessorder was cancelled but they charged my credit card

I ordered a treadmill online from smooth fitness.ca on January 24, 2013. I received an email from Smooth Fitness confirming my order with a tracking number to track the order online within 1-2 business day. After 3 days, the tracking number was not working so I emailed the customer service and asked why the tracking number was not working. No one replied to my email so I sent another email and requested to cancel my order. Next day, Ed from Smooth Fitness called me to reassure that everything was in order and that I should be able to track the order online on February 1 and I should receive the treadmill within 2-3 weeks. I still could not track the order after 2 days so I called the customer service on Feb 5th and talked to Teresa who told me the order was cancelled because there was additional $200 for shipping to Canada which the Smooth Fitness did not want to pay. I thought that was the end of deal so I made other arrangements with a local company to purchase a treadmill. A week later, I received another email from Smooth Fitness that the order was just approved and will be shipped in the next 7-10 days. I called the customer service and talked to Teresa who again reassured me that the order was cancelled and she would talk to their warehouse to make sure they are not shipping the treadmill. 10 minutes later, I got a phone call from Ed (Smooth Fitness general manager?) that they had decided to pay for the additional cost of shipping and the treadmill will be shipped in the next 7-10 days. I told him that I had made other arrangements and purchased a treadmill from another company but he insisted that they were going to send it any way. At this time, they charged my credit card for the order which was cancelled 10 days earlier. I contacted Ed again on Feb 19 to ask why they charged me for a cancelled order but he totally denied that the order was cancelled. He advised me not to dispute the order as it would cost me more. He said the cheapest way would be to pay for the shipping cost (both ways) plus 20% restocking fee which will come up to the cost of treadmill. I guess this is the way this company is making money by forcing you to pay the shipping cost plus %20 restocking fees. What a scam! Do not purchase anything from this company. This is a fraud business.

• Lo
        Lorraine Dan Oct 19, 2013

My treadmill needs the engine replaced. A technician ordered it months ago from the company Smooth Fitness. They keep giving me excuses as to why the part ordered has not arrived. This has been going on since April and its now October.

S35 Feb 20, 2013

This scam company is full of liars and cheaters. They say they will call you, but they never do. If you have a repair ( as we did), they will send you bogus work orders. They will call you before Holiday season and say that 'all are in vacation, we will contact you once we're back'. But nobody calls. They sell junk machines, and one of their technicians referred to their product as 'junk machine' with us. We have been waiting for the elliptical machine that we purchased from them to be repaired for 6 months. We complained to BBB, but they (SF) hide under their *** and do not respond when you demand concrete answers. I have never ever seen such a bunch of liars in my whole life. They will have to face the affected customers via the Pennsylvania Attorney and/or the Federal Trade Commission.

I advise you and other affected customers, send complaints to the Pennsylvania Attorney based in Harrisburg, PA. When we talked to the PA Attorney's office, the responding clerk told us that there a lot of complaints already on this company and should they receive enough complaints in writing against the company, they will act.

Also, complain to the Federal Trade Commission by phone at 1-877-FTC-HELP [protected]). We have already filed a complaint with them. They said the same thing, if they receive enough complaints, they will investigate whether the company is indulging in wrongful business practices. Lets put our efforts together.

Smooth FitnessDo not deal with service issues

Purchased Smooth Fitness CE30XT Elliptical on Jan 2, 2013. machine arrived with a large chunk missing from the rear fly wheel, and other parts arrived without predrilled holes to assemble machine. I notified their service department on Jan 21st, where I was told to pake pictures of broken flywheel, and other defective parts. I did so right away on the same day, and received an email back from a customer rep., that he would talk it over with his supervisor and they would have a resolution right away. It's now February, 18th, nearly one month since my initial email to the service department and no one has contacted me to resolve the matter. I have made (3) calls to their customer service line, and they keep transferring me to 1.888.800.1167 ext 5552, whereby they place me on hold for a minimum of 17 minutes, then it clicks over as if someone has picked up the line, then I get a dial tone. I'm not sure if they are having many issues with their equipment being faulty, or their service department is non-existent? Either way, I'm very dissapointed, and have contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute! Too bad, because the treadmill I purchased from them over 3 years ago has worked great, which is why I went to them again...I guess you can't assume the quality, and customer service will always be the same:-(.

max36 Feb 20, 2013

I know how you are feeling. I have been dealing with this company for the last eight months. I purchased an elliptical CE 3.6, and it stopped functioning withing 15 days and after several requests for technician, I never received any help. They dont respect the warranty, customer service is absolutely rude. I have complained to BBB and Smooth fitness did not respond and the case is unresolved. I was suggested by BBB that I should go to Attorney General of Pennsylvania. If they receive a huge volume of complaints, they can do something. And there lot of other complaints against the company, according to BBB. Take time and complain to the Attorney Generals office, so that you will get justice (hopefully) and others will not be duped by these crooks and liars. here is the link http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/index.aspx

Smooth Fitnesspoor customer service

I agree with the other complaints. They completely false advertise. The 60 day trial is not a trial. They charge you to the freigth charge back.
        I called just to ask on the status of my order it shows that it is out for delivery but I have no phone call. I called 3 seperate times, never raised my voice. The first time the person said they would get back to me never did. The second time the guy yelled at me. The third time the guy hung up on me. I did not raise my voice. I just had one question, "where is my order".
        The owner of this company is unknown, a thief and cannot be reached. Once they get your money they don't care about the service. Do not belive the online review site.

SmoothFitness.com Sep 25, 2013

Good afternoon,
            We at Smooth Fitness would like to deeply apologize for any and all inconveniences this has caused you. We strive to have the best customer support and continue to improve customer satisfaction every day. Feedback is greatly appreciated and allows us to improve our efforts to meet our customers’ needs. Again, we very much apologize, and hopefully in the future we can regain your trust.
            If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me directly.
            Omar Edwards
            Assistant Director of Marketing
            Smooth Fitness
            [email protected]

• Pt
            ptchilders Sep 21, 2013

I agree with the complaints regarding the poor customer service of Smooth Fitness. They delivered an elliptical machine to me that their own field tech described as scrape metal. I purchased the machine on 8/9/13 and I have still not been refunded my money. I have had to initiate all of the contact with the Smooth Fitness customer service department and it always requires frequent follow ups. Do not purchase a product from this company and expect even average customer service if you have any problems with it.

S

Smooth Fitness Equipment — company is out of business!

To all those complaining about the brand Smooth Fitness - please be aware... Smooth Fitness is a "brand" of...

I

Smooth Fitness — DO NOT BUY FROM SMOOTH FITNESS THEY ARE INCOMPETENT THIEVES!!

So I was shopping around for folding treadmill when I made the unfortunate decision to purchase a SMOOTH 5.65...

Smooth Fitnesstakes money no product

Took our money and no treadmill. I do not buy the line about the strike! No communication from your company! Bad customer service. I have called, emailed, and written letters but no response! Please people do not waste your money on this company. I have filed against them with my credit card. They should be ashamed of what they do!

Mr. Hebert:
              May I ask, what are you doing on this forum? You are (or claim to be) the President of Smooth Fitness and you are here on this complaints board pretending to solve customer problems. If you were sincere enough, you would have returned the money of all the affected customers after apologizing to them publicly on your website. If your company was sincere enough to deal with customer issues, there wouldn't be so many complaints against you. If you really are the President of this company and would like to solve my problem, then please check the BBB complaints that you received recently. Anyway, we have already talked to the Federal Trade Commission and lodged a complaint against your company for scamming customers. So be ready for some news from the FTC and the Pennsylvania Attorney in the near future.

SmoothFitness.com Feb 26, 2013

Max, could you email me the issues you are having with your equipment so I can have a service representative call you and fix your issue. You can email me directly at [email protected] We are dedicated to making sure all of our customers are more than satisfied with our equipment, I look forward to your email.

max36 Feb 25, 2013

If you are still having issues, please complain to the office of attorney general Pennsylvania. Please take time to file a complaint against this fraudulent company, Smooth Fitness.
              I have purchased an equipment from them in June 2012 and stopped functioning within 15 days. They dont send a technician to look at it (forget about replacing parts), nor take the equipment back. Their customer service is rude, people who work at Smooth Fitness are experts at lying and the management doesnt show any ethical values. I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office and federal trade commission and waiting to hear a response from them.

SmoothFitness.com Jan 30, 2013

I am Rich Hebert, the president of Smooth Fitness. The company is indeed alive and well, having recently welcomed new owners who are investing millions of dollars to support the company's expansion. We are fulfilling all orders, standing behind warranties for all product sold, providing customer service via phone and email and on-site technical support when requested. If you've purchased from Smooth before, rest assured your warranty and service agreements are fully in force and any service requests you place with us will be handled promptly and to your complete satisfaction. Contrary to what the posters above have said or implied, the company is not "fly by night" or a "scam" and the positive reviews of our products, which have been on the market for over 25 years, are legitimate. Moreover, we have just introduced several new products and will be introducing several more in the next few weeks; our just-released tablet-based App virtual trainer, MySmooth, is receiving rave reviews from users. I invite you to visit us at SmoothFitness.com or call us [protected]. Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Smooth FitnessGetting our money back

I know that have a posting about union strikes on the docks is why there are not answering.. I believe they are going out of business, anyways everyone who has paid money for their China made pieces of junk should join to file a class action lawsuit. Im sure with enough of us a lawyer we can get some if not all of out money back. Let's not sit back on this and lose our money. I believe the parent company is Chi Hua fitness co. ltd Email:[protected]@ms33.hinet.net I am going to try and make contact with them and continue to look for results

max36 Feb 26, 2013

Please file a complaint with Office of Attorney General, Pennsylvania and Federal Trade commission too. I am in the same boat, duped by Smooth fitness.

• Ba
                badsmooth Dec 18, 2012

The new management refuses to refund me for my cancelled order. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS UNETHICAL BUSINESS. If they cheated me, there is no reason why they won't cheat you.

joecool76nc Dec 17, 2012

I agree, I will look into contacting in NC to see what can be done.

S35 Dec 16, 2012

Yes, all the customers who have been affected by this company should file a lawsuit against this company and/or report the issues that customers have been having in the mainstream press. We have contacted the Pennsylvania Justice Department who asked us to send all the documents to them so that they can pursue the issue. These guys should pay for duping the customers by selling junk products.

Smooth Fitness — out of business

I ordered an elliptical on 11-26-2012. Was told it was in stock and would ship shortly and that I would...

Smooth Fitness/ treadmillScam

I have purchased treadmill from Smooth Fitness for $1700 back in October. After several calls and not answered emails they kept promising on delivery in closest time. I have called today Smooth Fitness, on 4th of December 2012, and auto-answering machine keeps telling, that Smooth Fitness suspended its operations. This company and their management should be sued in court for their fraud and scam!!!

S35 Mar 11, 2013

Well, check one review on Amazon <<http://www.amazon.ca/Smooth-Fitness-SME-CE-36I-Elliptical-Trainer/dp/B003GBQZNG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363043082&sr=8-1>>. They are paying their customers for positive reviews! What corrupt company!! Their website is full of glowing comments about their products, what a joke!!! And there are plenty of customers who are just fed up of this scam of a company. The company's President is trolling on complaintsboard...what else can you say...Dear customers defrauded by Smooth Fitness, take about 30 min of your time and complain to the Federal Trade Commission and the Penn State Attorney's office to get you money back and save future customers from being scammed by this company. The FTC could levy heavy fines on SF (or close it completely), in addition to helping get our money back.

max36 Feb 26, 2013

Please file a complaint with the Office of Attorney General, Pennsylvania and Federal Trade Commission. If they receive enough complaints, they can take some action. Smooth Fitness doesnt care to respond to BBB. If you live in Pennsylvania, you can go to small claims court. You can find all the information on the website below.

S35 Dec 16, 2012

These guys sell junk machines to their customers. We have been trying to get our elliptical machine repaired for 4 months. It worked for just one week! I think all the affected customers must contact the PA department of justice (http://www.justice.gov/usao/pae/). We contacted them and they asked us to send all the documents so that they can look into the issue. Hiring a lawyer is expensive, so this may be a good option. If the Department gets several complaints, may be they will act. We should teach a lesson to this company for duping customers by selling junk products.

• Je
                  Jeyhun Dec 07, 2012

Completely the same situation. They promised to credit my account with difference in current and my purchase price - never happened. They do not have any other contacts except the phones, and no chance to get hold of anybody.

• Sc
                  schrbra2 Dec 07, 2012

exact same situation for me...I called them and actually got a hold of someone about 3 or 4 weeks ago and canceled the order and was told that I would receive a credit in 7 - 10 business days. Still no credit and now impossible to contact anyone there phone or email...anyone have any other means of contacting them?

R

Smooth Fitness — Terrible company

I ordered an elliptical from Smooth Fitness and was told that it was in stock and would ship within a few...

B

Smooth Fitness — NOT SO SMOOTH

Smooth Fitness was not so Smooth...when it came to my Elliptical purchase...CE 3.0. They sent me a lemon...

Smooth Fitness — Treadmill

I ordered a treadmill (the 9.35 LC model) online for $2300 expecting a "high-end" nice piece of gym...

K

Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 — BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

I purchased the smooth fitness model CE 7.4 in Jan 2007, paying 2100$ for it. It has been working fine. I had...

M

Smooth Fitness — Waste of money

I want to save people money and frustration. Don't buy smooth fitness, at least not the treadmills. I...