Treadmill Doctor Logo

Treadmill Doctor

Having problems with Treadmill Doctor?

1333 Kansas St.
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 18576 Memphis, TN 38181-0576

Complaints & Reviews

Walking deck

I bought a walking deck for my treadmill from them and they claimed its a "commercial grade"( allegedly). First of all there is nothing commercial grade about it, Its a simple piece of plywood with some kind of paint on it. and second, it does not match the original walking deck. It was 1/2" longer and was missing the 1/8" rubber mat and the mylar sheet on it. Third, it did not have pre-drilled holes in it. So obviously it did not work. Looks like they have one or two generic decks and that is what they sell. When I called to clarify, they told me it is "commercial grade" and it should work. Well guess what Sherlock, it does not, Since I had already drilled holes to put it in, they told me it can not be returned. now I am stuck with a useless piece of plywood that cost me 200 dollars.

Fitness Equipment Parts

As a fitness equipment repair service based in the Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison areas, we order parts from...

Resolved False Reviews

Treadmill Dr is actually 2 very large guys (fat) that claim that they test fitness equipment for their reviews. They do not, they take money from the manufacturers that have them visit their facility and take them out for a nice dinner (or two). They go to some of the shows and barely walk into some of the manufacturers booths and then claim that have tested their equipment for their so called best buys and reviews. Think about it, who would do a review for free and NO monetary gain. It's a business and they are making money off of the products they sell and for those that they don't, they pad their wallets and their ### with visits to their best buy companies. Beware of what you read. Do yourself a favor and check out other reviews like fitness professor and truthaboutfitnessequipmentreviews.com

• 75
    75035RAJ Jul 26, 2010

I ordered a safety key for a Sole treadmill. The key may work for other Sole treadmills but not model F63. Their item description is misleading for the replacement safety key. Beware of ordering parts from this merchant. It will cost you a 15% restocking fee, shipping and the hassle of dealing with them.

• Ga
    Gary - Treadmill Doctor Mar 11, 2015

Wow. This post was just brought to my attention. Where do I begin?! First of all, I am not Jon or Clark (owners). My name is Gary, and I have been with Treadmill Doctor for 9 years. I started with the company cutting belts. I then moved into the field as a service tech. After that, I was in the sales department. From there, I moved into I.T.. Feel free to reach me @ 888-362-1105 ext 227 if you want to dispute my destruction of your blatantly FALSE post.

Now, lets start with your assertion that we do not test machines. I can tell you that, right now, we have a True manufactured treadmill on our "Stomper" (a machine that mimics walking, at different pressure and weight levels). That treadmill has been running 24/7 on the stomper for about 4 months now. This tests how the roller bearings, motor, motor controller, deck surface etc., will react to anything from light to extreme conditions under maximum use. We also are currently testing some Yowza, Nordictrack and Smooth Fitness ellipticals and treadmills. So, no, we dont just "barely walk in to fitness show booths" and base a review off of that. The reviews are ON THE SITE. That means you can LITERALLY FACT CHECK what we are saying! Here is a link that shows you our rating system: http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/faq#12

Next is the comment about us making money off of the reviews. We DO NOT make money from the reviews. We even explain this on our website. You, obviously, have not done any thourough research, so HERE IS A LINK. http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/faq#8

Im not sure who you are or what your agenda is (Im assuming you get some kind of kickback from the sites you are pushing in your false review), but feel free to call me or any of us here at Treadmill Doctor.

I would give YOU a call, to help clarify these matters, but it seems that you have posted your comment without any way for someone to contact you and dispute your remarks. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Have a great day!

• Lj
    L . J . Miller Mar 25, 2015

I have a fitness equipment repair business in Colorado. I've been getting parts from Treadmill Doctor for over 5 years and from the very beginning they have been professional, fair and effective at helping me find parts that often could not be found elsewhere.

Did not send part

I had ordered a motor belt for my treadmill from treadmill doctor. I recieved an email to confirm my order. after 2 1/2 weeks waiting and never hearing from them, I called. Waited on hold for a few minutes then spoke with someone about the order. She was very short and not very polite. She put me on hold for a few more minutes then told me they had sent me an email that said there was a problem with my order. I looked through email and found nothing. I also looked through the spam mail and also nothing. I told her I didn't have an email from them except for the comformation email. So she argueed with me that they had sent it even though I had not deleted anything from my email. She then asked if I wanted to reorder the product, without even a sorry for the mix up.

Resolved Did not refund money on return item/No Customer Service

I bought a treadmill belt from treadmilldoctor. It did not fit properly. My mistake- so I had no problem with...

Resolved Poor refund policy

We recently ordered a treadmill walking deck replacement from treadmilldoctor.com and paid for expedited costs to ensure timely delivery (costs of $24+ for shipping). The part not only did not arrive for over two weeks, treadmill doctor was slow to inform and then chose to order from another company to send our deck to us. When it arrived (over two weeks later, and our credit card had been charged since day 1), the part not only was incorrect, it was damaged.The process to replace it was insanely difficult, requiring us to take pictures of the wrong part, and then they asked if we wanted a refund or a replacement part! Of course, we asked for a refund, and found after the fact that the shipping and 15% restocking fee were removed from the costs, netting us a refund of $169 on a purchase of $225!!These practices seem certainly unfair and although it's their "Merchant Policy" in our incident, an exception should have been made considering all of our issues were based on their mistakes, not ours.

• St
    Streetsmart Oct 13, 2010

I ordered a replacement console overlay for my particular Nordic Track treadmill model. When I received the overlay, I installed as per the instructions which include the removal and subsequent destruction of the original one.
    Upon testing after installation, I discovered the new overlay did not work properly so I immediately contacted customers service. After many emails and sending pictures of the new and old overlays I was told that was the only overlay they had that would work on my model.
    Consider this: They never questioned whether the new overlay was damaged during shipping or installation, they knew right away that it was a design fault. A possibility that was not mentioned at any time prior to my purchase.
    They told me I had 15 days to return it for a refund.
    I explained I have a new overlay that does not work properly and the old one is destroyed. If I return this one I'll have nothing at all.
    I then asked for a partial refund explaining I should not have to pay full price for an overlay that is not fully functional.
    They told me full refund or nothing at all, so now I'm stuck having paid $149.00 to have my treadmill work even worse than before.

The Treadmill Doctor has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Resolved TREADMILL REPAIR

I SENT THE TREADMILL DOCTOR THE PARTS ON MY TREADMILL THAT MIGHT BE BAD, AND THEY HAVE NEVER EMAILED ME BACK AND WILL NOT SEND MY PARTS BACK TO ME. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL IN MY OPINION. DONT SEND THEM ANY PARTS YOU WANT TO GET BACK, CAUSE THEY WILL KEEP THEM!!!

• Ph
    PhillyGuy Mar 17, 2009

My experience with Treadmill Doctor was great, you may want to give them a call to get to the bottom of the issue. Chances are they didn't receive your email.

• Th
    This company is awful Jun 09, 2011

I am curious how you have resolved this issue. Treadmill Doctor is holding a part to our treadmill as well and will not return it. The rep, Josh, states that it is at a 3rd party vendor and that they are not going to pay the 25.00 to have it shipped back by itself. He further stated that whenever they get another part to ship to this 3rd party vendor they will ship my part back with that one to save them money!!!

Resolved Has not sent our item, but took our money!

We ordered a belt from Treadmill Doctors on Jan. 8. Later we received an email that our item had been fulfilled. They gave us a tracking number to follow up, and a tracking number through Fed-Ex. I called Fed-Ex last night and they said that they had received the information but the item was not called for pick up. I called Treadmill Doctors and was put on hold for a very long time. No one ever answered. I sent emails and they were not answered either. I checked the tracking numbers for the website and there was no item ordered on our account. They are still not answering my emails! Beware!

• Pe
    Pete Hively Apr 14, 2009

This is the busiest time of the year for fitness equipment. They are one of maybe three places that sell parts beside the manufacturer and you cannot even get through to place a order with them. At lease you got to place your order.