Nokia UK Promosms stating I won 500,000usd

Y

Today (23.08.2008) I received an sms stating what follows: 'congratulations this mobile has won $500, 000usd in the ongoing nokia uk promo. e-mail your name and mobile number to : uk. [protected]@live.com tel: +[protected]. is this a scam? kindly advice.
Yanika from malta

• Ka
    Karin Sep 25, 2008

I got the same one just now with the same text only another phone number was stated : +44 [protected].
    Unfortunately scammers nowadays makes it non exiting to get messages like this as we do expect it to be nothing.

But thought I would check it up with you guys anyway.

Karin from Malta

• Ku
    Kurt from Malta Sep 26, 2008

I recivied the same sms promo,

'Congratulations this mobile has won $500, 000USD in the ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO. E-mail your name and mobile number to : uk.[protected]@live.com Tel: +[protected]. Is this a scam? Kindly advice.

I think that this is a Joke

• Ku
    Kurt from Malta Sep 26, 2008

Today 26-09-08 I recivied the same sms '

I called this number and he told me to do like it was said in the sms, his name is Mr david H.

I think it is another joke, I dont thing they are going to give us 1, 500 000 USD between the 3 of us

• D
    D Sep 26, 2008

i received it as well and i did as requested and i also called. a strange man answered and he told me to do as i was told in the email... usually if its a spam or anything they ask for creditcard or bankaccount details .. here they did not

• Cl
    Claire Ciappara Sep 26, 2008

I received the same message today, so they must pay 2, 000, 000 among 4 of us . Everyone of the "winners" is Maltese?

• St
    Steve Malta Sep 27, 2008

I have had the same as well are we only getting them in Malta ?

• D
    D Sep 27, 2008

did you send the details requested by email??

Anadel Galea Oct 01, 2008

I got the same msg too

• De
    denis Oct 02, 2008

hi in 08 july i recieved a sms in my phone nokia from NOKIA UK and tell me that i won 220.000 Pound. please tell me is it a scame or is really? please send me an email in my email address: [protected]@hotmail.com and tell me for this sms. from Albanian. thanks.

• Ke
    KEVIN FEEney Oct 04, 2008

i RECIEVED SEVERIAL DAYS AGO STATING MY PHONE HAS WON 110.000 GBP REPLIED TO E-MAIL ADDRESS GIVEN AND WAS SENT A CLAIM FORM TO FILL WHICH WAS DULY DONE AND A COURRER SERVICE WAS SELLECTED WHICH WAS DHL
    i THEN RECIEVED A E-MAIM FROM DHL UK
    ASKING TO SEND 410 GBP TO COVER SHIPPING COSTS THIS WAS SENT AND i RECIEWVED A RECIEP FROM DHL BY RETURNE E_MAIL THEN A DAY LATTER i RECIEVD A EMAIL FROM DHL SAYING THAT THE SHIMENT WAS HELD BY THE IRC
    AS THEY FOUND i WAS NOT A RESIDENT THE IRC IS
    ASKING FOR A NON RESIDENT TAX ON THE 110000
    WHICH IS 1, 110 GBP .MY COFIMATION NUMBER IS
    NMR/77/PNG/12 PLEASE ADVISE BY RETURNE e-mail is the real or is is it a con game run by yourself
    and dhl

reguards KEVIN FEENY

• Ra
    Rachel Oct 06, 2008

my dad got the same message today! don't send the money. we're from Malta as well. but for god sake don't send the money! its a scam!
    obviously the email address isn't genuine cos its a hot mail account and big companies don't use bloody hot mail would they?
    someone sh0uld inform the company that they're using their company for scams cos it gives them a bad name.

regards,
    Rachel, Malta

Joe Oct 14, 2008

uk.[protected]@live.com

Ignore these emails, no one is a winner if this was the case I think that NOKIA will close it's door within a month as all these 500, 00USD giving them away free. Do not write back on this email because as it's name implies in our language its a fake email. Always be careful with you identy and emails.

Joe

• Cl
    claude Nov 03, 2008

I also received an sms this morning at about 7.45am while driving to work saying that I have won USD500.000 in the ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO. Tel no to call back on is +[protected]. What I cannot understand is that my mobile is showing that the sms was received at 11.41am.
    Yesterday, which was a Sunday, my mobile rang at 11.36am & stopped immediately without giving me chance to answer. There was no number. What I think is that who sends these sms`s first tries the number to check if it is a correct mobile no & then sends the message.
    Insomma take care u sahha!

Claude from MALTA.

• Pa
    Paul Vassallo Nov 04, 2008

I also received this message twice that i won 500 000 USD and i am also from malta.

Regards
    Paul from Malta

Joseph Schembri Nov 18, 2008

hey guys i received this message too. Did anyone, by anychance receive a phone call by an unknown number before the message, or was it just a coincidence (number was +[protected]**** (asterisks just in case it was someone's number))

Joseph, Malta

• Si
    Silvio Nov 19, 2008

hi, yes i got a missed call but it was from a private number. got the sms too.

silvio, Malta

• Ni
    Niva Nov 27, 2008

I also received a text this morning...and I am in New Zealand...Won't be calling,

bit of a shame really...Be a nice text to wake up too...if it were true!

matthew lovell-smith Dec 01, 2008

i got it in new zealand too

• Mi
    mike Dec 02, 2008

Yes me to the number to ring is +[protected]**
    I am also in new Zealand it would be nice but i will bother

mark Feb 09, 2009

haha...ha...yeaa you are all winers...ha...ha...ha

shafeka Apr 20, 2009

Today 20-4-09 I recivied the same sms

your phone number has won you 500000 in the on going nokia uk promo .for cloims call [protected] ...
    ?????????????????

max May 01, 2009

trttt

SHAHVEZ KHAN May 24, 2009

RESPECTED SIR
    I HAVE RECEIVED SMS CONGRATULATIONS YOUR CELL PHONE HAS WON YOU 365000 POUNDS IN THE ON GOING NOKIA/UK PROMO. FOR CLAIMS COLL:+[protected] OR EMAIL:[protected]@HOT MAIL.COM DATED-15/5/2009 AND SECEND SMS RECEIVED ARE YOU ABLE TO RECEIVE THE SUM OF $ 1.5M IN YOUR ACCOUNT AND USE IT FOR ORPHANAGE/CHARITY IN YOUR AREA? CONTACT Dr. R. TAYLOR [protected]@HOTMAIL.COM.
    MAIL [protected]@YAHOO.COM
    INDIA

shater Aug 01, 2009

hi
    i have got 1 year ago(2008) an sms from sende called british sms promo
    there were written in it that i have just won500000gb in the btitish sms promo and my money is ready to be sent to me
    and i have to contact carl wood [protected]@live.com
    please tell me is there are a real award or its a fraud thing thanks

my email: sari-s.[protected]@hotmail.com

• Ar
    arulmkr Sep 17, 2009

Dear Sir

I reciverd SMS that my mobile number have Won 9500.000.00 GBP in 2009 the ongoing NOKIA PROMO. For claims and call this Number +[protected] or email nokialive [protected]@yahoo.co.uk
    i need a cofirm if that Real Or Not
    My Phone Number [protected]
    my E-mail- [protected]@gmail.com

• Md
    mdudhiya Oct 12, 2009

i have received the message stated that
    congratulation your mobile phone number has won 500 thousand pounds in the Nokia promo.Claim code EMEJC To claim email [protected]@live.co.uk phone-+[protected].
    Is it True ? or just a fake message.pls advice me.
    with regards
    mohammad dudhiya

• Ba
    bader alden mohammed bazizi Oct 29, 2009

i received sms that my mobile number i won a money i want to now how can i get my money please my number is [protected] my name is bader Alden Mohammed bazizi and my second number is [protected] my email is [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ha
    han8483 Mar 31, 2010

hi everybody' is it a joke or real? did someone really got the money? iv olso got this sms.. are we beeing naeive?

• Hn
    hnhnhn Feb 21, 2011

Hi i received a SMS saying that my cell number has won me 315, 000 in the ongoin nokia uk mobile.For claims call: [protected] oe email: winnings nokiaukpromo.com.
    i would like to know whether its fake or real.
    My email is: [protected]@yahoo.com

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices