Nokia Mobile Rewardsms / iternet scam

T

I received an sms out of the blue saying that I had won 110, 000 pounds and that I had to email and then call +[protected]. What made me suspicious was that there were a lot of grammatical errors on the verification form and in order to get the price I had to pay for postage. When I tried to call the numbers given, the voice on the other side sounded surprised and hung up on me.

• We
    wesley Oct 15, 2008

I recieved a sms from the Nokia Mobile Reward claiming I had won 172 000 GBP. The sms came from [protected]@emirates.net.ae. Claims contact number
    +[protected]

I had to email [protected]@live.com

Any response from Nokia would be appreciated.

• Ka
    karma Oct 15, 2008

Seems like a scam.

» Verify the account with Emirates internet.
    » Surely Nokia have their own domain/mail server, and will not use any public email.
    » Verify the tel # and it's authenticity/ account in the corresponding country.
    » If it's a genuine scam ... teach them a lesson! hehehehh...
    » If it's not... Congratulation! hehehh...

• Hu
    humera Oct 15, 2008

i got sms on my mobile dat i hv won17200000GBP on ongoing mobile reward.i dont know how to proceede 4 claim .plz guide me

• Kh
    khaled Oct 17, 2008

hallo

andrianus dhedhi kristianto Oct 17, 2008

I am recieved sms u won 147, 000 give me informasion it is real or no?

• Om
    omvir singh Oct 17, 2008

Hi i am omvir singh from Dubai (UAE). I have received a message from [protected]@emirates.net.ae.According to mail i won a 147, 000.00 GBP on the going Nokia mobile rewards for claims for Email: [protected]@alive.com.

So please check of the mail athenticity.And inform me also about these type froud company and site.

omvir singh

• Ay
    ayham hassan antabli Oct 17, 2008

is that true ??????????????????????????????????

• Di
    dindo tampus Oct 21, 2008

hi im dindo tampus of Drydocks World-Dubai. I have recieved a message from [protected]@emirates.net.ea. According to mail i won 172, 000.00 GBP on the going nokia mobile reward for claims for Email: [protected]@live.com

dindo tampus

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

• Mo
    mohammed n shariff Oct 25, 2008

Hai i have received Sms i won 172000.00 GBP on going nokia mobile reward for claims from [protected]@live.com

with Regards
    nizamuddinshariff

• Ra
    Rajendiran Nov 12, 2008

Dear Nokia,

I have recieved an SMS saying that I have won 147, 000 GBP on the on going reward for claim and ask me to mail the details to [protected]@live.com. Is it an authentic information Please check and mail me the feedback.

Rajendiran

• Pr
    prem prasad Nov 13, 2008

hello
    i received one sms from [protected]@live.com
    congratulation your mobile no. has won 172, 000. GBP on
    the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE REWARD. IS IT TRU OR NOT SEND MAIL.

THANKYOU

• Di
    dibeesh p.s Jan 25, 2009

name dibeesh p.s
    email [protected]@yahoo.com
    varification form came to my email
    delivery fees after delevery is made (cut the prize)
    verification no nokia/77/vcn/147

• Pi
    PiaMari Sep 11, 2009

I also recieved this sms and email just today. I think its a scam, but just to make sure, I emailed the REAL nokia just to check. @ http://www.nokia.co.uk/get-support-and-software/contact-us/ask-nokia

• Ak
    akram Q Nov 03, 2009

I'm akram form KSA

I also recived the same SMS form nokia reward that I won 500, 000 ! pounds

• De
    deedee9000 Jan 24, 2010

Please read the following that I found on Fraudwatchers.org. Note that, in this case, the perpetrators may have been from the country of Nigeria. However, it appears that virtually anyone can use these phone number and email tricks to scam unknowing victims. Please be careful!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Frazzle on Oct 28, 2008:

Yeah, it's a scam.

Nigerians are discovering free Net-based SMS services and using them for their scamming activities.

Note the phone number: +[protected] -- The +4470 numbers are 'personal' or 'follow-me' numbers, which redirect to some other number, anywhere in the world. They are free, with the callers paying all the costs. Scammers love them, because they appear to be in the UK number rather Nigeria.

Similarly the @uk2.net email address... this is free and anonymous, and anyone, anywhere in the world, can get one.

Any time you get a message involving lots of money from someone you don't know, it's a safe bet that it's a scam. If it also involves a +4470 phone number and a free anonymous email address, it's guaranteed.

• Ar
    ardrit Mar 21, 2010

they are all fakes!!!do not give any money or personal cv!!!

• Ev
    Evgenii1 Jul 26, 2010

hi im evgenii novikov of Ukraine. I have recieved a message . According to mail i won 500, 000.00 GBP on the going nokia mobile reward for claims for Email: [protected]@live.com.uk.So please check of the mail athenticity. And inform me also about these type froud company and site.
    My email is [protected]@rambler.ru

• Av
    Ava Punnette Oct 04, 2010

Hi I am ava, I also received a message from NOKIA UK PROMO that my mobile number has won 610, 000.00 pounds. Kindly check into it and update us accordingly.

Anntamrazyan Feb 06, 2011

Hello, I have a SMS from Nokia Promo, which i won 530, 000.00 pounds. If its true When i can take my prize. I waiting your answer to my E-mail` [protected]@mail.ru...

• Ni

fadili Jul 11, 2011

i'am Fadil Kadriu i have won 530.000gbp i'am from Kosova

• Re
    rexhep Jul 12, 2011

tung si je per qfar arsyje me ke qu sms ne ket numer [protected] kthem nje perxhixhje tung te pres perxhixhje

Nokia 220 Mar 21, 2015

[protected]@gmail.com

Nokia 220 Mar 21, 2015

No complaent

Comments

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices