Complaints & Reviews

poor quality handset

Within two months of purchase, I had to take the phone to service centre for bad mic problem. Mobile was taken to second level repair. After a month again the joystick has started giving problem. After much deliberation I had chosen Nokia after listening to so many complaints from so many people, but I think i should have heard all these peoples. Nokia is not worried for the quality of the phones, this is realized when you go to any service centre of nokia and you will come to know how often the new phones start giving problem.

I had used another brand for 3 years believe me I had to take it only once to service centre because it had got wet.

• Ta
    Tapan Oct 01, 2007

I fully agree with you. One of my friend had faced simiar situation that too within 10 days of purchase. This was Nokia 6300. They repaired it in 10 days. What value for money.

Anand Jul 27, 2008

i too face same problem. please let me know did you fight with Noika and get any replacement?

• Ko
    koushik May 05, 2009

hiiiiiiiii, i have a nokia N73 music edition, but last few days there is some problem in that.evrytime i on the phone, its shows the message, MEMORY FULL, DELETE SOME DATA, but the thing is that, mine memorycard is 1.5gb free space available, and i d'nt use phone memory for, data storage, only the contacts, and calender is there, but its shows that 44mb is full, and i unable to have any text message, any cal log, evry time i used to switch off the phone and further on it to have the message.the phone memory backup shows 39 mb .NBU file.rnpls help me regarding the problem, its very much irritating to have such kind of problem in cell, pls pls help me

• Su
    subhgam Jun 12, 2009

hi am,
    subham, i beg to infrom that.i want to bye n73m mob.2nd hand.and i am paid mob price installment.becouse my financial condition.

thanking you

your's faithfully
    subham sen
    place:kolkata
    date:11/06/09

• Ra
    rajasekhar Jun 12, 2009

i purchased nokia n73 on 22-2-2009 recently my set got one problem that is when other calling to me they are not able hear clearly and getting some disturbence what i have to do

rajasekhar
    vijayawada

• Ij
    ijs Sep 23, 2009

Try the above link and you may get answers to most of the problems

• Il
    i loss my mobile Jan 31, 2010

sir my name is VENKATESHWARLU CHAKILAMi lost my mobile on 30/01/10and i complaint to [email protected] i loss my phone moring 9am plzz trece my phone as soon as possible my mail adress email: [email protected] my phone IMEI NO: 356406018917160

screen started blinking

Hi I have passion of Mobile Phones & i've been using nokia mobile handsets from last 9 years which includes 9500, 9300, 8600 (luna), E-90, E-50 & 6300 in my collection.I bought a Nokia E-[protected] from Mumbai on 23rd Jan 07.It is a good handset. One day while using the phone suddenly the screen started blinking. On showing it at the Nokia service centre i was told that the problem is with the software & they would re-install the same. I paid them Rs.350/- for the same & the handset was handed over to me again in working condition. I have all the documents of the same. After a months time again there was a problem & voice was not going out from the handset.When i gave the same to the nokia workshop the Guy called Vivek who handled the handset earlier also told me that mic of the handset is not working & he would get it replaced. After 15 days when i went to collect the handset i was told by vivek that he has placed the order but the mic has not yet come. Further when i inquired about the availability of mic in bhopal i was told that it is available but i have to give the handset in bhopal service centre. I took the same to bhopal & gave the handset at Bhopal service centre vide receipt number [protected] dated 31st Aug 07. Now after all that the nokia care people say that it is not repaired yet. Someone suggest.

• Vi
    vipul Dec 11, 2007

i m submitting handset at nokia care (RJ treadlink, sutabuldi nagpur) 2 nov 2007, but till i can't recieve my handset. this handset not repair. nokia care service center does not support and very very poor services give me.
    service center name : R J Tradelink, mahajan market, nagpur
    job sheet no 511434038/071102/49
    ASC 511_434038

phone dead!

I had purchased Nokia 3250 on 5ht september 2006, the very first day i had problems with it, after rotating the keypad 180 degree's ie to music mode, it was not starting the MP3 player, also the 4 buttons of that keypad were not functioning, i approached the Nokia Authorized Center in Lower Parel, in Pheonix Mill Compound, Named BrighPoint. They took the phone and then repaired it and gave after 2 months, after 6 six months from repair, the phone died and was not starting. Its top rubber was eroded, but the button was functioning well, still they gave back the phone saying physical damage, after that i approached HCL Infinet, they say that the main board is tampered and will not replace the phone and repairing will cost 12000 rs, certainly i will get a Moto Ming at that cost, now i m thinking of launching a consumer case against these people, they can market their products but cannot repair or replace inspite of being under warranty!

I don't trust this brand anymore and wish it will stop functioning after few years! Useless!

• Su
    sujit balwadkar Sep 14, 2007

I got tarpped with my mobile in the heavy rain 2mths back. Effecting my mobile's memory card and keypad IC not working. I tried with 3 repair peoples they couldn't do it. Even nokia care people failed to search the problem. I am not getting original memory card IC for it.

Poor service!

• Ge
    Gent Dec 01, 2008

almost same problem the phone was affected by water and it was taken to nokia repair centre somewhere in london it came back a little rugged, and then 4 months later it started behaving funny wont power on until it's been charged I first thought it was the battery I got another battery but same problems, then now i't not even powering on anymore, charge or not!!

• Di
    DINESH KHANNA Jun 03, 2016

I have submitted my Mobile handset Nokia 3250 on 18.05.2007 to your Nokia Care Center, Preet Vihar, Delhi. It is sorry to say that in spite of repeated reminder and visited several times to Nokia Care Centre. But I have not received my mobile phone as yet.

In this context I have met with Shri Bharat Malik, the O/I of Nokia Care Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi for redress of my complaint but all in vain.

Since it is in guarantee period till August 2007. A line in reply may kindly be anticipated with in two days otherwise I have compel to go to consumer court for necessary action.

DINESH KHANNA
    D90, Street No. 65,
    Arya Samaj Road,
    Uttam Nagar, New Delhi – 110059.
    Mobile number 9891914286
    Jobsheet No. 1101086534

• Ab
    Abhi Jun 03, 2016

I totally agree with you. These guys are pathetic, highly unprofessional and all of these should be sacked.

nokia e50 phone keys dead no update from the company for 20 days

I purchased my nokia e50 with (from a nokia dealer). The developed a problem within 6 months of purchase -the joy stick, select and options keys have gone dead and thus rendered the phone unusable.

I have turned-in the phone in Nokia Care - Kellys - Chennai on 7th September 2007 and was told that the phone has to be returned to the factory. Since then there has been no word on when or whether I would get the phone despite repeated calls to the Nokia-Care-Kellys. Poor product and service.

battery replacement!

I had submitted the 26 digit serial no. of the battery through product advisory of nokia.co.in on 15th...

poor quality product!

I am proud and I feel privilege that I am associated with Nokia (Connecting people private operator of india) but I feel sorry to say that your services are like government departments once customer is buy your handset you think that you had become a dictator and customer is will act as puppet. Which is not good for future. because day by day market is going competitive. Sorry to say your services is very very poor.

I submitted my set nokia n73 ME at nokia care center Phase 5 mohali (I m sorry to say these words persons associated with such an reputed concern, they don't even know how to behave with customers, they use very rude language) 02-August-2007 and received on 14-august-2007 but problem as not resolved no display changed and more over ear piece is damaged and whole body had lots scraped. Needs to be display & handset body to be changed as per new job sheet mention. Again i am submitted my handset same day to Nokia care with new jobsheet after discussion with Nokia Careline executive (Reshma & Shashi). Till date i am not get any status and phone.

Regards,

Charanjit Singh
[protected]

Gayan Apr 20, 2009

yea 100% same prob for me too. I bought mu Nokia N73 Music edition no more than 06 months, it 's Automatically switch off, I format it several times phone memory and memory card but atill having the same problem.
    I think i'm an idiot because wasting my money on a poor product..,

please help to recover my issue,
    [email protected]

Gayan

nokia uk online promotion

I've received a text message stating that I have won a prize of 91000 GBP in an ongoing Nokia promotion...

service misbehavior

This is about my Nokia phone 6300 model, which had some problem and I took the same to the Nokia Care run by...

poor quality product!

I have Purchased My Nokia 3110c on 29/06/2007. From very next Month it giving problem. Getting restart again...

poor quality product!

I have been using the Nokia 5700 for two months now. This phone was released over here 4 months ago, and yet there happens to be no firmware update for it. It works good and is an excellent phone, but there are certain bugs which are very annoying like:

1) In the log even if u have received a call from a contacts home(thereby showing the home icon which u may have selected during saving the contact) this home icon, appears only when u call from the contacts or when u receive a call. i.e suppose u get a miss call and when u say view, u will see the contact with mobile icon, even if he called from home. This is annoying as suppose u call the contact after viewing the missed call, u call at the persons land line thinking it his is mobile (even when u call him u see the mobile icon though ur calling at his land line).

2) Sometimes the green button stops functioning in the log. i.e if u press the green button to see the log, u see it, but if u call a contact by pressing the green key again it doesn't work. Even if u go in options and select voice call it wont work.

3) Repeated errors saying connection error though the network is fine.
4)Whats up with the camera? Nokia mentions it to be 2 mp but if u use it in a little low lighted conditions, ur pic is screwed with weird colors and poor image quality.

5) The phone restarts automatically (very rare).

6) This isn't a flaw, but i recommend nokia to implement it. When music is on and ur phone is locked, while on loud speaker mode u have to unlock and change the volume. I suggest nokia to allow the volume to be changed even when the phone is locked.

7) This ones very weird. When i keep an alarm and when the alarm rings, i cant snooze or turn it off directly, i have to unlock, and the weird thing is the screen seems to be off!! :S

Beware of Nokia!

• Wa
    waqas May 31, 2008

i have been using this phone for more than 6 months and i am satisfied camera is awesome 6300 nk is suppose to be 2mp as well but this is far much better restart you may have a faulty handset and the alarm thing is totally bull**** because i have got alarm for the last 4 moths and it gives you all the options th

puk code

I followed instructions in the Nokia 6126 manual to the letter. It wouldn't let me enter any PIN security code and when I made a 3rd attempt, it locked up and kept asking for a PUK code. Customer service said that I've lost all of my telephone numbers because the SIM card was now invalid ("fried" as she called it"). All I wanted to do was to enter a simple 4 letter PIN code and I ended up losing ALL of my contacts. BOY AM I EVER PISSED OFF!!!

scam lottery

I've received the following email stating that I have won 91000GBP, however the payment release form...

not received battery till date

I have registered on nokia default battery site on approx 15 days, till date i have not received the fresh...

faulty bl-5c battery

I am having set (NOKIA-6030) , and it contains battery BL-5C of the same lot for which M/S NOKIA issued an product advisory.

On 3rd of august while receiving an In coming call this set was over heated like red hot. I immediately switched off my set and after some time when I again switched On it the screen of this mobile was damaged. when i visited Nokia Care Center for getting it repaired the center In charge did not listen my complaint and insisted that due to our mishandling set has damaged and the repair cost is to beraed by us. Although after this news of product advisory when I again visited Nokia Care Center , they told that battery is to be replaced being of the same faulty lot, but they refused to replace the set which was damaged due to faulty Battery. Stay away from Nokia!

replacement of phone but seems to be 2nd hand

I have given a 5200 nokia phone in the service center on 17/07/2007 for loud speaker /ring tone not working. They returned it but on 31/07/2007 same problem has arrived. After that on 28/08/2007 they had returned me a new phone as they say having 68 pictures of a family attached on the phone gallery.on inquiring the service center replied head office has end it like that. I do have dough that the phone is 2nd handed and i like to tell nokia how they deal with customers. The company is caring high on phone but service is really low to the standard. I don't know where to say but please be careful viewers check before delivery

gautam jain Sep 28, 2007

SIR , WE BRING TO YOUR KIND ATTENTION THAT WE HAD PURCHASED MOBILE NO (6630 ) DATE 5-4-2007 FROM INTELLIGENT MOBILES 19 MG ROAD , NEAR POLICE STATION DEWSA MP TIN NO 23732305157 PH NO 9893065653, 9826065653, THE PIECE DID NOT WORKED PROPERLY WE CONTACTED YOUR AUTHORISED SERVICE STATION NOKIA CARE AT DEWAS MP ( TONK COMMUNICATION 16/1 MOTI BUNGLOW MAIN ROAD DEWAS (MP) TEL NO 072 72 251843 . AFTER TWO DAYS THEY INFORMED THAT THE PIECE CAN NOT BE REPAIRED BUT WILL BE REPLACED . AFTER TWO MONTHS THE NEW PIECE ARRIVED AT CENTRE WHICH IS BEARING MODEL NO 6681 . WHEN WE ASKED THAT WE SHOULD GET THE SAME MODEL IN REPLACEMENT THEY REFUSED AND SAID THAT NOKIA COMPANY IS GIVING THIS PIECE .WHICH WE DO NOT WANT . WE REQUEST YOU TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER URGENTLY OTHERWISE WE WILL BE FORCED TO GOTO CONSUMER FORUM COURT . KINDLY TREAT THIS URGENTLY AS THE MATTER IS PENDING FOR LAST TWO MONTHS .
    ADDRESS SIR JOB SHEET NO 4222
    GAUTAM JAIN
    2 RADHA GANJ , NEAR GUN CAPS FACTORY
    DEWAS MP
    M NO 094254 80825 ,, PH NO 07272-255553, 253676

• Vp
    v. parthasarathy Sep 29, 2007

My complaint has been registered with Nokia for replacement of BL-5C battery. As per their response my battery is still in delivery (since 20.8.2007). Let me know when can I get my battery. shall come personally and collect it from you. please reply.

• Mp
    M PRABHAKAR SASTRY Oct 01, 2007

I HV SUBMITTED MY COMPLAINT FOR REPLACEMENT OF BATTERY BL-5C BATTERY THRU NOKIA WEBSITE. BUT I HV MENTIONED MY ADDRESS MUMBAI MY BATTERY IDENTIFICATION NUMBER IS : 0670400363563N283213109617
    I HV SUBMITTED THIS THRU NOKIA WEBSITE ON 17/8/2007 BUT TILL DATE I HV NOT RECD REPLACEMENT BATTERY HENCE I REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE CHECK UP THE SEND THE SAME AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS IMMEDIATELY PL

MOB NO : 9920383553

B REGDS

M P SASTRY / MUMBAI / INDIA

headache and problems

Hi,

I bought N70 in the month of June'2007. In which memory card has been corrupted within a week of purchasing. Placed the complaint in NOKIA care - BRIGHTPOINT, Bangalore. So far 3 months, they keep prolonging the issue but not resolving. Finally this brightpoint has been closed their shutters for nokia service.

Now we have to contact only NOKIA ( 080-[protected]) who is not at all available from last couple of weeks..

Dont understand, what to do next. Not even i Use my Memory card for a month. I am using my handset from last 3months without memory card sometimes handset dialing button was not worked for 2 days, from third its working fine. Still its giving problems became headache for me. I bought this "Headache" for Rs.12,000/- now suffering like anything.

poorest service of nokia mobile

Dear Sir,

My mobile phone was showing contact service so firstly I went to nokia care, which is situated in Ambedkar Road Ghaziabad, they said we can not repair it you have to go our head office which is in Noida sec – 2.
I have submitted my mobile (nokia 6300) for repairing (phone is showing contact service) on 28 July 2007 time 12:36 at nokia care center situated in Noida Sec – 2 UP. On that date the front desk executive gives me expected date of delivery was 01 Aug 2007 time 16:00.
When I go there they said it is require replacement and they don't have stock. & Tell me to collect it after 7 days.
After 7 days when I call there they again tell the same story & post phoned the delivery for 3 to 4 days and it is going and going, now one month is over.
My set is lying with Nokia Care for more than a MONTH now DO you really want your customer to go for a legal help in this matter? I am very much irritated and would never recommend any of the Nokia products to anybody. I would rate this as the Poorest of the services that I had ever seen and most pathetic response to customer complaint. I assume that care line is meant for just saying Sorry to the customers and cannot help them in any regards. I would like to take this to media as well and would like to show the nation that what kind of services are given by so called world leader Nokia. (Anyways Media is also hungry about these kinds of issues).

I would seek an early response and quick action for this and I understand that you will appreciate my patience. Now I cannot withstand this anymore and would like to take serious action for this. ONE Month is good enough time for repairing/Replacing the set and if the set is not available in nokia care center it can be managed from any of the Dealers/distributors. I had never imagined this poor service from Nokia and if I get a chance I would definitely look to talk with your Customer Support Country Head. I hope I have made my points very clear and if I do not get a call from your and if this issue is not sorted out immediately, I am going to proceed with suitable action.

Regards

Product code 0515596

Purchased from Reliance Digital
Shipra Mall Indirapuram
Ghaziabad UP

batteries whether safe or not

Our mobiles of nokia having battery bl 5c. Bearing battery
(1) no 0670400363563m225421810268
(2) no 0670400363563n357523102941
(3) no 0670400363563m487311801447
(4) no 0670400382066n39101tq43515
. I want to know that either these batteries are safe or not. Kindly confirm your action taken on my e-mail id.
Thanking you

• Pr
    Pratima Banerjee Aug 19, 2007

I have sent sms regarding battery status,but still did not received any feedback from them about changing of battery of BL 5C series. What should I do, someone suggest!

mobile headset faulty, data cable not & warranty card missing from box.

On 26th January 2007 i purchased a Nokia 6233 phone from Vijay sales outlet Borivali, As there was pricing offer on that day & a being a national holiday big croud gathered to purchase various products as there was huge rush at mobile counter & already decided to purchase the above product after billing the counter salesman taken my simcard & inserted into the New purchased Nokia 6233 mobile handset & handed over the box with the same., he started tackling with the other customers according to the hectic situation. After reaching home i came to know that the warranty card was missing from the box & Data cable was not there. I immediately contacted to vijay sales while noticing it. The vijay sales person told me that you can claim the 1 year service warranty from the vijay sales bill itself , so did i agreed to it. Now it is realised that the Headset with the phone is faulty & not working properly , complaining to which the outlet people told that it has got 6 months replacement warranty & could not be replaced, further told that you can repair it at nokia service centre if in a repairable condition else you have to purchase a new one at Rs. 1200/- approx. Now what should i do to get rid of this additional cost input. sometimes i found while listening to Music or Fm the connection of Headphone gets disconnected automaticaly & in Music mode the music starts on speaker mode. some time the Handset hangs up & need to be switch off & restarted.

• Wa
    Walter Sep 02, 2007

Sometimes there are stores that are dishonest with their customers. Check the item before you leave the store, original accesories are replaced with counterfeit ones. The box should have a tamper sticker intact. I also own 6233 and USB cable is not included in the box, you should purchase it seperately (bad for Nokia).

gagandeep Aug 21, 2008

same happens with me on 1 Feb 2008 i have brought one brand new nokia6233 from hot spot New Delhi after 2 months headset giving me problem that headset not supported i visit in nearest Nokia care center they said that there is no problem regarding head set after 1 month again same problem occurred since i have visit 4 times in Nokia care center regarding this problem and they refuse to change now when i visit 5th time there in care center then they said u have crossed the warranty period of 6months but The sales person told me that you can claim the 1 year service warranty from the sales bill itself and its 6month 18 days just i request that person he refused and said u have to purchase the new head set.Now what should i do to get rid of this additional cost input. sometimes i found while listening to Music or Fm the connection of Headphone gets disconnected automatically & in Music mode the music starts on speaker mode. some time the Handset hangs up & need to be switch off & restarted.

bl 5c battery suitability for use

Since 1.5 years I am using an NOKIA Mobile. Model 3120. It has been fitted with BL 5C battery. The Nos embosed on the battery are as below>

[protected] and M294811802431.

I line in western India. I got to know from TV news that there is some problem identified in this lot of battery. Please arrange to send me a replacement for the battery. Please contact me on my cell no. +91 [protected] for further details.

Awaiting your prompt response.

Sridhar