NewspaperArchive.comfraud

WITHOUT NOTICE VIA EMAIL, NewspaperArchives.com automatically renewed my subscription. Two days after the renewal became effective, I contacted this company to ask for refund (I rarely used service and found is substandard even for obituary searches). They denied my request. I've contacted Pam Williams, the Customer Service Director and have yet to receive a respond. This company is engaged in manipulation and deceit. I recommend that anyone who has been ripped off by this company, contact BBB and Iowa Attorney General.

• Bl
    blondiespenard Oct 14, 2009

After being initially denied a refund, I contacted Pam Williams who stated that the automatic renewal was to prevent lapses in subscription. I explained to her I no longer wanted, nor could afford to renew my subscription and asked for a refund. She told me that because I cancelled two days after the renewal term began, I would receive a refund for the remaining 11 months only. Although I believe that the automatic renewal policy tends to take advantage of subscribers' inattention, I did receive a refund to the 11 months.