NewEggrebates / customer service

J

I ordered Crucial Memory that had a 40.00 rebate. The memory arrived without the upc barcode. I wasted 45 minutes on 3 difference customer service reps attempting to resolve the issue. It is a catch 22. Without a UPC you can't return a product. Without a UPC you can not get the rebate. The customer service reps insisted the bar code was on the product because it was scanned at the warehouse. I had to train them on the different bar codes they use. I sent pictures of the product to document the missing bar code.

I no longer count on a newegg rebate when making a vendor selection based on price.

rebates / customer service

RESOLVED

• Newegg International's response · Jun 08, 2009

Dear Mr. JDavis,

Hello, my name is Alex Villarino and I am a CS Rep at Newegg. Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this rebate issue may of caused you. We certainly would like to make this right as this should of been taken care of on your first contact with us. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at [protected] ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Alex Villarino

• Newegg International's response · Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at [protected] ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Alex Villarino

• Newegg International's response · Aug 20, 2009

Dear KreT87,

On behalf of Newegg please accept our apology for the inconvenience you experienced with your recent attempt to RMA an item to Newegg. Your feedback is welcome and important as it helps us to review areas where improvement is needed.

We would like to discuss this matter you with the intent to resolve the issue to your satisifaction. Please contact Dianne at [protected] ext 25045 or email her at [email protected] and she will assist you.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Newegg International's response · Apr 20, 2011

Dear pp1,

I apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused. I can assure you Newegg takes care of its customers. I welcome you to contact me at: [email protected] or call me at [protected] ext 25062, to provide me with this Invoice number to have this matter corrected.

Thanks,

• Newegg International's response · Aug 03, 2011

Hello rawmat,

Know that it is not Newegg's intention to cause you to be dissatisfied with our services in any way. Identity theft runs very high on internet purchases and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please know that we will assist you in any way we can and we request that you contact Newegg representative Dianne Segue at [protected] ext 25045 or email her at [email protected] and she will assist you.

• Newegg International's response · Mar 25, 2015

Hello T_JK,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're very sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with a rebate and we'd love to help. Would you contact us at [email protected] with your order number and the copies of the rebate forms you sent in? We'll be happy to look into this further for you and see what options are available. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Newegg Support ~ William

• Newegg International's response · Mar 17, 2016

Hello MichaelGr,

We apologize for the trouble you have had with this rebate. Please email us at [email protected] so we can look into that for you.

-Rella (Newegg_Support)

• Bg
    BG75 Jun 07, 2016

Just bumping this to let people know that the rebate issues with Newegg are still very much a problem. I had a rebate for a Corsair product purchased via Newegg and the problems I am running into are exactly like the others mentioned. "Missing" upc, incorrect information given, and customer reps telling me they updated my account to reflect a correction and not actually entering it in the system. Quoting me 7-10 days before they can even look at my claim and then the next rep telling me it will be 4-6 weeks before I hear anything form them but he "did you a favor and I fixed it for you. I did that for you.". Guess what? Rebates from Newegg are no longer an option for me and purchasing from Corsair is neither as a result. Look how far back these "problems" go back. These aren't coincidences, this is a pattern of denying valid claims.

MichaelGr Mar 17, 2016

I purchased a monitor from Newegg and submitted the rebate. The tracking site listed a date that came and went without a rebate arriving. After contacting Newegg I was told that they would resubmit my rebate request, and IF it was accepted they would mail me another one in 6 weeks. When asked if the process could be sped up since 6 more weeks seemed excessive, I was told that it was automated and no one could help me beyond submitting the request again. I have very little confidence that in 6 weeks I will have my rebate since the process seems to be FRAUDULENT. This isn't the first time being burned by a newegg rebate, but it will be the last.

MichaelGr Mar 17, 2016

I ordered a Dell U3415W Black 34 Curved LED which I sent in the rebate for in October 2015. I should have received the rebate by February 7th according to the tracking site. I did not receive the rebate and was now told it would be another 6 weeks IF my reissued rebate request is accepted. I asked if the process could be sped up and why there was an IF involving the reissuing of a rebate that I never received. I was told that it is an automated process that can't be sped up and that is all the assistance I could be given. While I recognize monetary incentive in the short term to handle rebates in a fraudulent manner, I have no doubt soured experiences will affect future purchasing decisions.

• Tj
    T_JK Mar 24, 2015

I ordered 7inch Tab with rebate 15$, after 3months also i didnt get my Rebate, called customer care got one more tracking id and tracking for another 2months there is no use. I called customer care and got reply saying that your promotion is over cannot help for your rebate.They are not able to provide any proof for despatch my rebate. Its totaly fraudant without sending anything to customers keep on postponing and finaly saying that Promotion over cannot do anything for your Rebate. Please don't buy anything from NEWEGG.

mikevideo Jul 12, 2013

Maybe I'll get as lucky as pp1 and JDavis...

I recently (6/8/13) ordered 5 Mac Minis from Newegg based on their 'sale' offering them for $579, with a $50 rebate...

1- the sales page showed the rebate as a 'new egg rebate card'
    2-I don't recall seeing anywhere in the sale process that I had to fill anything out to get the rebate
    3-nor did I see anywhere that the rebate was limited...I wanted 5 mac minis at $529

to me, this is a classic example of a seller offering a rebate with so many requirements and hoops to jump through that many customers will either screw it up so the rebate gets denied, or just not bother with it...either way, the seller wins...in a nutshell, this reads as a rebate scam by Newegg (that was for the benefit of the intertube crawlers)

this has left me with a really rotten taste in my mouth from Newegg, and will certainly make me think twice about dealing with them.

• Ba
    Bart Williams Jul 16, 2012

So they charged you a restock fee to restock a defective item so they could ship it to another victim?

• Ci
    ciccio6 Mar 28, 2012

Use Amazon instead or use only pay-pal to pay over the Internet!

• Mg
    M.G.Gerry Oct 06, 2011

Received two defective routers(one to my son and one to me).After "jumping through hoops" with RMA, Order nos. Invoice nos. etc., I find that I am charged a 15% restocking fee, and $11.10 each for shipping. Total, $40.20, for two unusable units. Will NEVER buy from Newegg again, and will pass on my opinion to as many people as possible. Would you pass the Vaseline please?

• Ra
    rawmat Jul 27, 2011

First order went fine, but months later charged my credit card $390, 89 for something that I've never ordered nor received... they sent it to a different shipping address..

Wont give me my money back although I contacted them even before the merchandise was delivered..

Talked to Chris Bastian, told me to call my bank... unbelievable.

RIP OFF!!! RIP OFF!!! RIP OFF!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!

• Pp
    pp1 Apr 22, 2011

Thanks Maverick, It was very quick turn-around on my complain. He initiated the activity on this and I got my refund. I am happy now.

I really like complaintsboard services.

• Pp
    pp1 Apr 18, 2011

I am victim of same fraud. I ordered samsung bluetooth with 20 $ rebate, I did not get my UPC code and now I ca n not get my rebate...

Its sucks.

• Kr
    KreT87 Aug 19, 2009

Refusal to replace a defective item because of a cardboard box issue. Payment is still expected and Newegg is returning the defective item back to me after I paid $30 to return it to them. Very, very poor customer service. I encourage everyone to beware of Newegg.com

• Jd
    JDavis Jun 15, 2009

Alex Villarino from NewEgg reviewed the complaint within minutes of this post. He apologized for the issue and issued a refund. This is significant since the rebate was a manufactures rebate and not a NewEgg rebate.

Thanks for resolving the issue!

• Bk
    BKidd May 27, 2009

You will see this kind of behavior from NewEgg no matter what your issue is. They are not top notch in their customer service like they were once. Whatever issue you may have with NewEgg, you will be directed to take it up with someone else. Shipping problem? Contact the shipper? Defective part? They MAY take it back, if you're lucky. More than likely though, you'll have to get an RMA from the manufacturer. It's really sad that we live in a time where companies don't have to take responsibility for their products or marketing.

• To
    TomHyde Jan 16, 2009

Item Specifications on Newegg web site clearly states: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty. I just received the item and it clearly states on the package: Two-year warranty. I sent an email to Newegg and their reply was that the information was supplied to them by the manufacturer and that I needed to deal with them. Make your own conclusion as to what to think about it.