Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Logo

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]

Having problems with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]?

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 24, 2006. The latest review This is the USA if .... was posted on Apr 26, 2021. The latest complaint Horrible bank! was resolved on Oct 30, 2013. Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 156 reviews. Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] has resolved 40 complaints.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 842 6328 (Member Service - Domestic)
+1 703 255 8837 (Member Service - International)
Navy Federal, PO Box 3000
Merrifield, Virginia
United States - VA22119-3000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Customer Service. Initial Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]. Discuss the issues you have had with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Complaints & Reviews

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Many issues..

I am not sure what has happened to quality banking at Navy Federal. Every day got progressively worse. Its to the point where its representatives and the organizational hierarchy doesn't even care. I have zero confidence in this bank at this time and have taken my service elsewhere. Countless issues and the integrity is nonexistent to me. Navy Federal needs to get it back together.

Improper account credit and debits, all sorts of mistakes, you name it etc.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Mortgage loan 2 month process smh

I applied for a mortgage loan August 9th 2019 it is now Oct the 1st 2019 and I still don't have a close date. Really, what's really going with this company. NFCU The lack of urgency is very present. Loan Processor and Loan Officers don't communicate and you have to go thru other channels to hear from your assigned loan processor because they won't respond to your emails or call you back. The process takes way to long. Navy federal doesn't care if you lose thousands of dollars and expect you to just live with it like it's okay. NOT ACCEPTABLE !!! Something truly needs to be done about the unprofessional behavior. I want to speak with upper management about their Mortgage Dept. about who's going to pay for the money that I will lose if NFCU doesn't close on my loan NOW. The craziest thing about all of this is that I was Approved for everything, EVERYTHING!!! but I can't get the Underwriters to move forward with my loan in a timely manner, someone needs to fire the underwriter manager because nothing is getting done or hire more help

• Mm
        MMMyers Feb 24, 2020

My husband and I are having the same issue. We started our refinance in Oct 2019. The loan processor waited so long to do anything that they had to run our credit again. They just called this month Feb 2020 to verify my employment. As of now we still do not have a close date. We tried to go through upper management and we never received a call back. We have been with NFCU for at least 15 years. Expected much better from them. Very disappointed.

• Wi
        wingding117 Dec 10, 2019

Worst customer service in over 39 years... We must all have the same loan processors as I got zero customer service. I was told in November it would be 10-15 days to get the appraisal... now 4 days before closing they are telling me its not going to happen until next year.

Numerous emails sent asking for a time to call and talk to them... or asking if we would close on time and nothing until 4 days before closing...

I sent an email to the loan processor’s supervisor... I got nothing but crickets... I called to get her supervisors’s work number or work email and was told they couldn’t give it out... as it was private... no worries... i found the CFO and CEO’s email address on line...

• Va
        Valerie Quinn Oct 18, 2019

I am in the exact same boat, my loan started Aug 11, I have extended the close date two times, the sellers won't grant another one, I can't get ahold of anyone and will lose the contract and earnest money tomorrow. I am randomly looking for executives in Linked in that night have some connection to mortgages. This is terrible.

• Na
        natliebs Oct 05, 2019

Were you able to get a hold of any upper management? I am in same boat as you. Close date is next Wednesday with zero information from processor. Still in underwriting. Could care less if lose earnest deposit or house. So frustrated.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]My credit line

On or about 2016, my ex-wife use my name to order a MasterCard without my knowledge where she withdrew all the credit and failed to make payments. I found out while I was living in South Karolina and filed a complaint with the local police department. I also file a complaint with the navy federal and was told an investigation was pending. Later, found out the issue wasn't resolved where I became the debtor of the money that was withdrawn. I need the navy federal to fix my status and prosecute this person (evelyn k. gaitan) for identity theft and credit card fraud.

thank you.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Banking

I cannot believe the way you have treated my widowed mother and the family as we try to do business with you in regards to her finances. I have been given full privileges on her behalf after a long and protracted runaround by all of your departments. For me to list everything that you have done to complicate our lives and cause such stress would required me several hours to document. My Mom just tried to order checks and again you have thrown up roadblocks. My parents are/were 88 and have been lifelong members while I was a 30 year member. If you treat longtime clients like this I can't imagine what you do to your new customers. I can't help but feel that there would be someone there who would be appalled at what has occurred. When I asked for a name to address our concerns, I was told that none could be provided. If my Mom didn't have so many accounts tied up with you I would close them all. You can contact and apologize to my mother, Marilyn L. Evans at [protected].

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Customer care service

Today I had an issue with my bank account for unauthorized payments. I spoke to a supervisor name Brian, we spoke at 7:59 am on 9/4/19 I requested to speak to him in regards of the matter because I did not want the option of my card being deactivated because I still needed to use it through out the day. In the mist of me complaining to him, he states I have to deactivate, I then inform I don't want to report fraud, I just wanted to dispute if possible, because my card is how I get to work, then he proceeds to get quite, I then get confuse and state, that him being quite doesn't solve our issue at hand, then he states tht he was quite because he deactivated my card! After I had stated numerous time I did not want that step taken. He still did it with out my permission. That was the reason I request to speak to him because I needed further assistance, due to the fact I did not want it deactivated, that's why I request for a supervisor and not the fraud dept. he was very disrespectful, and had no regards for the situation at hand or attempt to help me. I'm am a loyal customer and I was under the impression that navy Federal customer service representatives were allowed to blandly disrespect their customers and make decisions with out the CUSTOMER authorizing the action. He had no empathy and did not want to provide me with his work employee number so I could escalate. This has been a terrible experience and I need someone to take action.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Please I need a favor with my loan

Please I am a customer of Navy federal credit Union. I have been loyalty to my esteem. Please I have complications with my pregnancy due to that I don't work like I used, my doctor has put me into light duty at work. please my problem now is I want my balance should be reduce so l can it off ASAP. I don't want to have bad credit in future maybe I might decide to buy a hot or a car in future. So please help me from Charity Ababio if any informed please contact me no my(c) number 571/274/6448 or email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. Thank you for your understanding.

Aug 22, 2019

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — My account hacked, credit union holds me responsible

Here are the events as they transpired: On July 31 I made a cash withdrawal from my credit card to my...

Aug 15, 2019

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Credit card business checking savings

our checking account and a credit card we never applied for my mom is 91 years old all of her money has been...

Aug 05, 2019

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Funds

I really love Navy Federal customer service and staff and I really want me and soon my family to have a long...

Jun 27, 2019

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Im new I want to go apply a debit card in navy federal credit union

Hi my name is eleanor wong I would like to come over to your navy federal credit union bank to apply to have...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Customer service

Doing some late night browsing I check my accounts and notice I have S738.00 dollars in my shared acct. with my husband minus $29 fee. I call and speak with Matthew. It still is unclear what happened but that morning I check my acct and it was overdrawn by 7.69 so I added $790. I made a check pymt in the amount of $748.00 for 4/11/19. I speak with Matthew who tell me well it posted yesterday but would have come out today. Well, it should not have posted yesterday but that would be an error of the other company but if it was scheduled to come out today all funds are available. I ask Matthew as corteousy can the $29 dollars be waived this time. He says give me two to three minutes to find out. He comes back and so sorry. I ask can I have his ID number or last initial and the manager that advised him name. He says I made the decision myself. I say so are you lead of supervisor to make these decisions alone. He remains quiet as I am taking and asking questions as if I am annoying him. I notice it. I have so many years experience in a call center. It makes you feel like your just not important and the other party just wish you would shut up. He then ask if I want a supervisor. I say no ! I would have liked for him to speak with a supervisor to discuss my issue. I have NEVER had bad customer service from NFC but this did it.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Credit card

I applied for a Navy FCU CC and as I started to fill out the offer they had for me, I went without refreshing the website while I gather paperwork, when I logged in, the offer was nowhere to be found in my profile, calling Navy fcu left me uneasy as one of its member professional worker offered to take my financial history, I sense this person to be a gosiper. Today Feb 21, 2019 I went to fill out the balance transfer from the approved CC, well another glitch I received a CC balance transfer error before I even got started and everything was greyed out, even after I spoke with Navy fcu and got the ok from cc services to go ahead and do the balance transfer. It is evident the cadre of evil, jelous and anti-christian people that poison the name and reputation of the Integrity Navy Federal tries to uphold, they may have no idea how to route out this rotten stream. NavyFCU offered this feature product & service and in their cold fierce heart want to murder Christians who tell them the truth when they are treated badly. God knows if the letter I sent to them 45 minutes ago will get looked at by the right people who can stop this covert agression. I have received many injustices from Navy fcu. The government supportes them for the troups, but they fiercely hate Christians

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Checking/customer service/business services/corporate/

We have both personal and business accounts. On the personal side Navy Federal has approved myself and my fiance, very extreme large amount in credit cards . Our business account we cannot even borrow a penny. To make matters worse, Oh Lawd where do I begin!! So, let's start with opening a business account there. While talking with the rep at the branch and trying to decide what business account we would like. She inticed us with the account that earned interest, no hidden fees, whatever we spend in ATM fees at another bank we receive back, and etc. So yes we went for it, why not? It sounded great! Boy was'nt we in for a surprise! Let give a little background first. We own a automotive and semi repair shop. We sell tires, along with repairing all kinds of vehicles. It is usual business for us to have a $2500 parts bill on every Monday, $2000 or more payroll on Friday, and tire bill anywhere from $100 to $2000 per day. With being said it's not unusual activity for me to write checks for these amounts, and deposit $100 to $8000 per week, if not more some weeks. After a year of banking is when the problems began. We began receiving returned checks, and vendors calling us. We did dismiss some of this for a while as our fault. While some of this was how our credit card processor was handling funding to our account. Then we had a employee do a internal theft, who is incarcerated now due to this criminal act. Does not help us any because he is a third time felon we found out during trial and was sent back for good, so we will never get that $23, 000 back. During the theft of $23, 000 stolen right out of our bank account, Navy federal never once helped us in any kind of way. In fact, we applied for a loan to help us get through the hurdle till more money came in, and to cover checks that had bounced during this theft. Navy federal declined the loan and gave no reason for the refusal, but greatly enjoyed all the money they was making on our grief. This is where bad went to worse with Navy Federal! I think they enjoyed the money they was making sooooo much they found this as a way to higher there financial scores with FDIC, and stocks and so forth. Let me fast forward a little to the recent past several months. So, we was back in business after receiving a loan from another financial institution, because Navy Federal declined, their loss so I thought. We had deposited a very large amount cashiers check, and we still was getting returned checks. I was making deposits on the daily and still getting returned checks. So, come to find out Navy federal started placing holds on our deposits, and returning checks even though they money is there in their hands to cover the checks written. I battled with Navy Federal branch for a few weeks till finally they stopped placing holds on deposits, and it was agreed upon that our account could not handle holding funds. It's not like this is my trash guy, and I can tell him give me 7 days because my bank put a hold on paycheck. After this argreement, or so I thought we had one. We started getting returned checks again, and there was no way, cause we made sure there was funds to cover the checks written. We fought this with Navy Federal, and the explanation we kept receiving was well there are checks pending and they go through to be paid before your deposit is applied. OK, I will accept that explanation for now! So, my fiancé got a little smart and on purpose wrote a certain number of checks, and paid cash for other stuff because we was setting up to watch how Navy Federal was processing all this. The day finally came where we knew exactly how many checks was out when they would be presented and the time the deposit was made to cover those checks. And, on that day that we had been working on to watch we sat up from 11pm till 3am and sure enough there it was. Even though I made the $3000 deposit before 12pm that day, because you know their cut off time to be applied to the account was 1pm they said, they processed all those checks and returned everyone of them then did not apply my deposit till 7am the next day. When I presented this to the supervisor at the branch I got the most technical, rehearsed, bullcrap story of why my theory does not work and that it was all my fault. I argued why that was bullcrap!! A few days later I received a credit for all the returned checks, and bullcrap miscellaneous technical glitch letter to present to my vendors that never put Navy Federal to blame (of course). Did not help with our reputation with our vendors though. We still had to pay their fees. Also during all this investigating and watching our account we found we was being charged international fees, we never received any money back from other ATM's, and something else that just states misc fee, WHAT? Now when questioned about this I get some bullcrap excuse and told to go to business services that the branch does'nt handle our account. WHAT? And WHEN DID THIS BEGIN? This branch is where we came and opened this account, signed documents, talked to someone and set this account up?!?! Now let's fast forward again to the end of 2018, and beginning of 2019. I walk in to the location on a Saturday and deposited a little over $700, and the teller tells me I can only have $250, and in 7 days I can have the remaining, and this is after the deposit is completed. WHAT!?!?! I just wrote payroll and wrote a check to my tire supplier who for the 4th time will get another returned check! And, we have already came to a agreement about this. Guess what I get, I'm so sorry ma'am but there's nothing I can do any deposit over $250 dollars is a 7 day hold. WHATEVER!!! 2 ½ weeks later I go in on a Monday and deposit a little over $2, 700, and again we will let you have $500, and you can have the rest in 7 days. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?! No I want my money, I have checks written to run my business and I need that money! I'm sorry anything over $500 is a 7 day hold. Okay this is a joke, cause not even 2 ½ weeks ago you said it was anything over $250, and now your telling me it's anything over $500. The teller says yes I know we are not the ones making the rules it's corporate, and corporate tells us what to allow. I argue this till one of the supervisors comes over, and overrides the hold. Then I come in with a cashier's check from a local bank (local meaning within 1 block, around the corner from Navy Federal) made to me for $6, 633.29 (I remember the amount to the penny, because this happened like within the past month) The teller says okay we will let you have $2500 now, $2500 in 2 to 3 days, and the rest in 7 days. NOOOOO!!! I threw a fit! I need that money now!!! Not only do I have some checks to cover, but I need to pay rent, (and we was also going to switch banks, but it does not matter what I was going to do with the rest of it) The teller says I'm sorry anything over $5000 we have to placed a hold. It's a cashiers check money has already been applied to it. I'm sorry we don't know if it's real. You are kidding me? As much as I come in here and as much as I deposit, and never once presenting a bad check for deposit in 2 years, your actually going to stand there and give me that kind of explanation? And the bank is less than a block away from you, and their phone number is on the check, call them!? I'm sorry Navy Federal does not allow us to do that in our procedures. Ok explain this to me one day its $250, then it's $500, then it's $2500, and now today its $5000? So what is going on, because this tells me you have been holding funds from deposits from me and causing bad checks for the past 2 months now, EXPLAIN??????? I'm sorry we don't make the rules this comes from corporate. Ok, so when I call corporate again about this I can tell them to quit lying to me that it's a branch decision, right? Yes, it is corporate. I leave I call corporate and ask for answers. CORPORATE, and one representative and 4 supervisors all say all of this is the branch decision and they have no policy as such to hold a cashiers check, or money order (which they have in the past), and that the branch made the decision not corporate, and they could have called the issueing bank if they had a problem with the check and verify it, and that they could not do anything after the branch placed their hold. And, coming from CORPORATE, they said well for future reference you can deposit at the ATM, and it's only a 24 hour hold. When I told corporate all of this I'm writing right now, they said I cannot understand why they are doing this to you, and none of this has ever came from corporate. WHAT?!?! When I went back to the branch to discuss what their CORPORATE said they stated I do not know who you talked to but it is a corporate policy. OK first let me see this policy you speak of, they tell me that there is nothing they can give me the customer to see that it is for employees only. Second I gave them the names of who I spoke to and the branch said they was lying to me. When I called corporate in front of them they refused to talk to them stating they could not talk to them on a customer phone that it was corporate policy, corporate said no it is not and that corporate was making notation of this incident. Then I go in the branch a week and a half after this cashier check event with a $3, 987.75 check from a very highly respected and well known customer. The teller says OK we are making $1500 available today to you, and you can have the rest in 7 days. Needless to say I LOST IT, RIGHT THEN, RIGHT THERE!!! I made sure everyone in the bank was staring me down and hearing the whole entire conversation. Immediately, not the manager, not the supervisor, but the teller said I can override it for you this time. REALLY!!! What about all of these other times, why are you deliberately sabotaging our company? Why have you made it impossible for us to get money saved so I can go somewhere else? Why have you been doing this to me when someone with no authority at all can simply override? Let me tell you why!!! Because all this time there never was a corporate policy. It comes down to numbers, and how good does Navy Federal look to the FDIC scoring. If a branch is not performing well enough they crack down on the accounts that have the highest activity, and do little things that the average person would not catch to get their scores up, and make them look as though they are such a excellent company with $$$$$$$$$.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Dispute problem

I am a navy federal account holder since April of 2017 and never have had any issues with them until recently. My husband had used his debit card at a merchant and instead of charging him the 5.98 they charged 55.98, sounds like a simple fix sure, but we were told to go back to the merchant and let them know to refund the 50.00 so my husband did and the merchant told him too bad no refunds. So we then called Navy federal and they told us to go to the closest branch and file a dispute. That was January 26th. We were told by the agent at the branch the money would be in our account monday the 28th of January, which did not happen so we called the customer service number and they informed us that the fraud dept wouldn't get the dispute until monday. So then we called on the 29th of January and was told that it could take up to 5 business days, well today is the 5th business day and still no refund nothing has been done with our dispute and my husband and myself have spoken with managers and various reps and now all of a sudden they are saying 10 business days. They refuse to escalate or give us any updates and are very rude. THIS IS THE WORST BANK! They should be ashamed of themselves for being a military bank. We have already contacted a lawyer about the bank and fraud and since I was told today that they have until the 12th of february to make a decision, we have no choice but to wait. It's very clear no one at Navy Federal knows what they are doing. Between my husband and myself we have spoken with multiple people.

Our resolution would be to put the 50.00 back in our acct.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Checking account

From 27 Sept 2016 - July 2018 someone stole over $23, 000.00 from my account. I found out who used my card...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Checking

I deposited a check via my mobile device Monday 10/29/2018. It was approved on Monday and I was told the funds would be available on Wednesday 10/31/2018 at 6am, two business days after it was approved. It is Wednesday 10/31/2018 10:28am and I was just told my deposit will not be released until Thursday and there are no exceptions. So what they really meant was 3 business days and not 2? I spoke to Jessica a supervisor who says there is no one higher than her that she can let me speak to concerning this issue. She further advised she's sorry their representative gave me wrong information but I just have to wait until tomorrow at 6 am to get my funds. They can't do a provisional or temporary credit or anything to help me out. I just have to wait. I've seen other Banks honor their word and make it right. I've also seen other banks verify the check has cleared and release the funds. Well Navy Federal I do have a choice of where I put my funds and what Bank I want to use. You won't have to worry about doing this to me again. I hope it was worth it.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Bad customer service

Spoke to a Tiana on 10/5/2018 at 9:50 tonight about my account and was told my date of birth was incorrect even though I gave her all the information she requested. The date of birth is not even wrong by month or year, but by date and 1 day at that. She put me on hold 2-3 times. Just to tell me she can't confirmed if my pay has been posted to my account.

Then I spoke to CJ (won't give me his last name for security reason) who was trying to lecture me about how my birthday was wrong by 1 damn digit even though I gave him the information to my telephone password, my SSN, my red debit card and he hang up on my because he didn't want to hear me talk. This is UNACCEPTABLE! There are thousands of other bank and credit union I can bank with. I've been with NFCU for over 20 years and with 1 phone call. The amount of time he put me on hold (4-5 times).

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — Customer service complaint

Let me start by saying, I stood in line for 20+ minutes & watched two people do a job that one person i...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] — va loan [protected]_english_appraisal nmls: 1468350

The appraiser missed the upgraded features of the home in stating that the house had only two bedroom...

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Availability to deposit, app deposit issues and failure of reps to care or find solution

I am livid. Our family has been with Navy Federal since 2010.

I only have option to use mobile deposit app to deposit as your bank does not have local branches I can simply walk into. TO WHIT, insult to injury, was suggested by your nonchalant reps today by phone.

The first time I deposit a check on the mobile app this morning, it did not reflect on the app. I refresh the app, the deposit still did not reflect although the app told me it went through correctly. I waited sometime signed out and sign back in and the deposit still did not show up. The deposit did not even show up in pending deposits.

Again, I took pictures of the front and back of the check and deposited again I had the same outcome. This check is from my father from his bank which my account will show history as depositing from before.

After experiencing this trouble twice, I contacted Navy Federal by phone. An hour later, insult to injury I have been told countless different things and I do not have a resolution.

First, I was told that they need to get with the electronic department because they could not even see the 2000 deposit as well. Then I was told after sometime they saw the deposit, But that there may be some trouble because it was deposited twice. Hey no kidding tell me something I don't know your app was not working you couldn't find it when we first got on the phone. An abundance of caution I redeposited of course before calling.

10 minutes go by, when the rep tells me that I will need to wait for an email.

And that if I get an email that the deposit is approved that only 200 will clear. At this point I asked to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor comes on the line who is extremely scripted and nonchalant.

Since I don't feel I am in the best care I request his manager or supervisor. I am told that I cannot have one. He told me that his supervisor or manager does exist but that I do not have the right to speak to them. At that time I ask if there's a department that I can call retention or such and make a complaint. This so-called supervisor tells me I cannot and he will take the complaint. I ask him again for any department that I can speak to because it this point I do not trust him and he tells me no he is not going to name departments or get me information on who I can contact and says "we have many different departments."

So again I ask this gentleman OK can I speak with member services department or retention or anyone that would deal with customer issues with the bank after all this time and with your attitude he tells me no.

I try to explain my situation but he said my details don't matter and stated a script once again. He said that I could write a PO Box if I so wanted to. After asking him for contacts any kind of resolution any kind of people I could speak to you at navy federal even considering the way I've been cared for he said he did not have anything for me.

I am floored by this behavior and this treatment. Navy federal has always been good to our family. I'll daughter is grown and banks with Navy Federal and has a car loan through Navy Federal our son is grown he banks with Navy Federal. We have bank with Navy Federal for years and have history and asked does the deposits of my father's checks from the same bank. No one ever even apologize to me or clarified what was going on with the app or the issue instead I was question for depositing twice after waiting.

I would appreciate someone that has decision making abilities get in touch with me. I am very unhappy and took notes today on the phone where I was treated subpar.