Navy Federal Credit UnionFair credit reporting act violators

C

This is just a suggestion from personal experience I would never bank with navy federal credit union they are run by a bunch of ###s I have been a victim of identity theft since 2000 when I got out of the military traveling via greyhound bus they lost all my luggage. Went to switch buses in kansas and went to get my luggage from under bus but wasnt there bags had all my military discharge papers (Dd214) which pretty much has a persons entire life history since then crap getting on my credit report I dispute all the stuff that isnt mine and for every 1 thing I get deleted 4 more popup well come middle of 2008 credit has for most part been cleared up and I have a extended fraud alert on my credit report (What is a extended fraud alert it means that any creditor is suppose to call me on number listed on the fraud alert to verify that it is in fact me applying before extending credit) well come middle of 2008 I went to apply for home loan and come to find out there are 2 $5, 000 maxed out credit cards from navy federal credit union in my name that I never applied for, never received, never used. So go home check my bank account and sure enough there is 2 credit cards on my nfcu account and they have been stealing money for the past 6 months out of my checking account to pay for these 2 fraudulent credit cards. I have now been working for over a year and a half now to get these cleared up and removed from my credit report as trying to buy a house but nobody will give me a loan with this $10, 000 in debt that ###ing isnt even mine I have opened police reports sent them to navy federal credit union navy federal credit union has failed to show me proof that these are in fact my debts I have requested numerous times them fax or mail me a copy of the signed application but nope havent sent me anything why? Lets see cause they dont have a application with my signature since I never applied for the damn things. So I now gave them 10 business days to supply me with said signed application or to immediately remove from my account, credit report and refund me all the payments for the past like 2 years or I will be filling a lawsuit under the fair credit reporting act well they now have 24 hours left but since court house is closed on weekends they got until 9am monday morning I have also submitted my story to numerous news agencies who are willing to play my story on the news so if not resolved in 24 hours expect to see them on the news as well.

If you to have had any problems with navy federal credit union please let me know.

• Robert In Deltona Jul 12, 2012

I lost my job in 2010, after a disabling work injury.
    I have been a member of NFCU since 1990.
    My home mortgage is with NFCU. My mortgage payments are always on time.
    Navy Federal Credit Union is owed $11, 000.00 on a Visa card.
    NFCU sued me over my cc debt.
    Chapter 7 bankruptcy is now proceeding.
    Today, NFCU would not accept my timely mortgage payment when I went to my local Altamonte Sprgs., Fl. branch.
    I was told my account has a number seven and that prevents me from making my mortgage payments. The teller tried to deposit the mortgage payment twice but failed because my account was locked.
    So... the teller makes a phone call to someone in litigation.
    I was put on the phone and was told to deposit my mortgage payment in my savings account. I was told that NFCU will withdraw that money and apply it as my mortgage payment. That means I have NO receipt of my mortgage payment, IF they do what they say. I can't access my account online and I won't know if my mortgage payment was even made.
    I fear that NFCU might remove the money and not apply it toward my mortgage.
    I am struggling very hard to survive.
    I had the teller write on my deposit slip that this deposit was to be used for my mortgage payment as agreed upon, and initial it.
    Stress and more stress.
    It seems that NFCU is wanting to foreclose on my home. That is all i have left of value materially, in this world. I do have equity in my home.
    Is NFCU trying to force me into a default on my mortgage by locking my accounts and refusing to let me make the mortgage payments???

JoeBananaz Feb 07, 2012

Navy Federal sucks and they treat the people who went to war and defend their ### like ###. You guys are ###holes and deserve all the debt that you get. Kera I hope you never lose your job sweetie because you would hate to be on the receiving end of your own ###. I have been a loyal customer for 20 years the minute I lose my job and find one making less money you all up in my ###. N.F.C.U (Nasty###inCuntUnion) ###. And thats all I have to say. = )

• Nf
    NFCU shame on U Jan 19, 2012

We were with Navy Fed I am now with Marine Fed we have been with them for 20 yrs hubby 30 yrs service USMC he got a new job then was laid off and sent in paper work for reduce payment but times are hard, He just started a job with the VA hospital so with getting 1 pay check at the first of the MO then having to wait for his job check to start, I am just 30 days late they have been calling telling me that they are going to put a lein on my house, The Navy Fed told me that in my conversation that I said I was going to burn my house down, I said REALLY what are you talking about.. They have called family members looking for us, They call 2 to 3 times a day, They have said that I am hideing my husband from there phone calls I told them that he is at work.. I told them you put a lein on my house I will foreclose, I am glad that we live in NC there are laws that protect us from them but I have had it with NFCU they are crazy people, I called and made a payment yesterday for friday they called me back and said they are not excepting my payment and they wanted money today, I told them I already made a payment for friday that is when we get paid, , Sorry that is to late I said really what is one day to wait for a payment...

• Re
    RECESSION SURVIVOR Jan 08, 2011

NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION is like dealing with the mafia, run while you can and grab your money out of your checking and savings account before you go. This bank has a very well know track record for freezing all of your accounts if you are delinquent on "any one" of your accounts with them. I am past due by five days on a credit card for the 1st time and they froze my checking and saving accounts. (I swear). I had a personal family emergency, which can happen in life, and this mafia credit union did this to me. Don't try to negotiate with them if you lose your job!!! take whatever money you have and get you the best bankruptcy lawyer available. They will try to stall you for time and quickly start taking your assets away. Don't bother to send them paperwork to reduce interest or payments because it will mysteriously get lost. Sometimes it is just easier to walk away and start over. This bank will trick you but they will not work with you. I stop my direct deposit from going there. Please take heed to this warning. I feel sorry for our military personnel dealing with NFCU.

Corrected copy. Sorry

I agree completely with your comments. See the thread that I started a few minutes ago. I've copied it below.

I am surprised by all of these comments being made about NFCU. I have had my own problems with them but, I’m still surprised to see this many comments. I never guessed that there would be so many disgruntled people out there willing to write about their negative experiences.

NFCU has essentially terrorized me over the last two years (including while in bankruptcy). Frankly, nobody deserves to be treated like some of us have been treated. While I take full responsibility for not completely fulfilling my obligations, I've paid off multiple loans and paid thousands of dollars in interest to NFCU. Nothing justifies treating anyone the way that I have been treated. When my financial "crash" came I made it a point to call NFCU twice a week for more than a year prior to filing bankruptcy. I mostly called them so that they wouldn't keep calling my family members and harassing my neighbors.

One evening last year, at 9:30PM, NFCU sent a “door knocker” to my home. I’ve since learned that a “door knocker” is a collection industry term used for a contractor who places door tags onto the handle of your front door. These tags typically say that they want to speak to someone in the household. The “door knocker” pounded and kicked on my door so hard that, for a minute, I thought that it was a home invasion (I still have the dents on my door). I think that he kicked my door because the dents in my door are on the lower portion of my door. I was able to talk to the “door knocker” through the front door. He stated that he was working for NFCU and that I needed to call them. I told him that I had just talked to NFCU the previous day and that I was going to complain about his pounding on my door. He basically told me that nothing would happen to him and that he would not get in trouble because he was just “following orders” given to him by NFCU. I told him not to return to my home again and that I was going to call the police. He then ran to his car and drove away. While I was not able to get his license plates, I did call the Fairfax County police and gave a description of the "door knocker" and what had happened. They indicated that they would make a report and for me to call earlier next time so that they would have a chance to question that person at my home.

It was this incident that, not only scared the heck out of me but, caused me to realize what was actually going on. I had noticed that although I had been calling NFCU twice a week for 6 months or so prior to this incident, NFCU was still calling my neighbors and my family to harass me. They repeatedly called my in-laws, siblings and mother. I’m sure that they called others because most people would not probably want to add to my own embarrassment by telling me about their NFCU calls. At the time, I felt humiliated and too embarrassed to do anything about this harassment. I was (and still am) trying to focus my energy on getting a job. I did write the Chairman of NFCU to complain and explain my situation. My letter to the Chairman basically apologized for hurting the members of NFCU for not meeting my obligations and (most importantly) to ask NFCU to stop using illegal collection techniques to bully and harass me. I even wrote that I thought NFCU would collect more if they followed the law.

At this point, I have had it! I have gotten to the point where I actually feel ashamed for not standing up to them earlier. I've caused my family a tremendous amount of pain due to my economic situation as it was and is. It wasn’t right for my family to have to experience the unbelievable behavior associated with NFCU’s collection activities. All of my creditors had essentially cooperated with my financial situation except NFCU. NFCU is the reason that I filed bankruptcy in the first place! I didn’t have any money to pay anyone anyway! During bankruptcy, I had to submit to a deposition requested by NFCU (more NFCU harassment!). During the deposition the lawyer from NFCU kept asking me about my disabled daughter. That was unbelievable! I had essentially given up my ability to get a security clearance by filing bankruptcy and I was still being subjected to the wrath of NFCU.

At this point, My home is being foreclosed on (finally), I am broke, I have no job, I've got a disabled daughter who has substantial medical needs (she’s still wonderful and I wouldn’t trade her for all of the money in the world!), a wife and a son to take care of (they are also awesome!).These realities are NOT NFCU's fault but, I now have nothing to lose and perhaps I have learned a valuable lesson about how to appreciate what I do have (an awesome family and the sun coming up in the morning). I’ve also learned that one should never run away from “BULLIES AND THUGS! The pain and shame only get worse!

I've decided to remove myself from bankruptcy (I should never have filed in the first place!) and take NFCU to court to try to keep them from harassing others like they have harassed me. It's the least I can do for my own health and to give back to those who may suffer in the future. I'll spend half my day looking for a job and the other half dealing with NFCU in the courts. I will probably lose, but I will do a more honorable job of getting my point across and at the end of the day it’s the right thing to do.

My story is true and I'll put my hand on the bible to swear that it is (just like I will in a courtroom soon enough). I’ve got a bunch of faxes, letters (some certified) and all sorts of notes related to phone calls that will help substantiate the immoral behavior and treatment I received from NFCU. I ask that anyone who has a truthful story that they are willing to share about their experiences with NFCU to please contact me at [email protected] You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want to. You can just share your story in writing anonymously. I realize how embarrassing these issues are to communicate and I don’t think there is anything wrong with keeping them private. Some of you may feel better by just communicating your thoughts to me (kind of like writing a letter when you’re angry and then ripping it up when you are finished). I promise that I will not share your emails or our conversations unless you want me to.

And to anyone out there who works for this group of "GANSTERS” and or agrees with the behavior that NFCU has used to bully me and others", I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT! Thank you for your time and gob bless. Nyquil762 otherwise known as at Mark in Virginia. I’ll publish my full name after the lawsuit is filed.
    6 mins ago by NYQUIL 0 Votes

NYQUIL Oct 24, 2010

I agree completely with your comments. See you thread that I started a few minutes ago. I've copied it below.

• Ci
    CillaB Oct 08, 2010

My husband lost his job. I am 30 days late on a second mortage loan with NFCU so what did they do freeze my checking account so now we have no money to feed our 4 kids or put gas in a vehicle to find a job. I called them last night and they were a bunch of idiots. They will not let me have access to the small amount of funds I do have. God Bless America I guess this is the way they conduct business.

• Wo
    Workingman357 Feb 15, 2010

I would just like to say that this bank has screwed me over more times than I can count. I have been a loyal customer for two years with my check going into the bank, and had a car loan with no missed payments, ever.
    Now negative balance, no problems on my end at all. But yet they insist on giving my next car loan a three percent increase in interest..??? Um, No THANKS. This bank has also had money "dissapear" from my hard earned bank account. Will all do respect Navy Fed, eat a D***!

• Dm
    dm2010 Jan 06, 2010

So all your paperwork is stolen, and you don't notify your bank to protect your accounts? That is your responsibility not the credit union's. With all the fraud and deadbeats out there, I am glad Navy Federal is so vigilant and goes after deadbeats like you who don't pay their debts.

• Nf
    nfcu f edd Dec 29, 2009

same deal here, someone not me opened a account after stealing my access code, not me unknown thief, they gave them a car loan, now shut/froze my good accounts becase there collection agents claim I allowed them to open account. ? They approved this person(s), not me, I signed nothing did nothing wrote to CEO no response. Now I have no access to my checking auto loan and credit cards, can't pay them any other way but internet as I am out of country for 13 months. Well when I return it will be some legal action, maybe a lawsuit bankruptcy might be forced on me by these poor examples of bankers. They have a very poor collection agency working for them, they caused all these to me and others. Maybe they will get sued. Surely they are not on our (Veterans ) side of anything bunch of fnnn thiefs. Come get my cars, I am in the SE asia theather now, maybe they will take my M4 too, lets see them try!

• Jd
    J D Wright Sep 30, 2009

In my opinion, it appears from my son's loan account statements that Navy Federal Credit Union has been applying a significant part of his payments to "other charges", excessive interest charges, and excessive P3 payments. I am a forensic accountant and have had two CPAs and an attorney look at the statements and they agree. The application of these funds is in direct conflict with the signed Promissory Note. Analysis shows that approximately 42.5% of everything he has paid has gone to these charges. His interest rate is only 8.15%. I have contacted Navy Federal officials on numerous occasions who deny that this has occurred but cannot explain why the money was not applied to the principal. In order to take legal action, I must find others who have experienced the same situation. Please contact me at [email protected] (notice the underscore between "j" and "w" and the number "0" before @) and provide contact information.

Jon Awalt Aug 12, 2009

I Agree 100%. They keep reporting that I owe them money from my credit card on my credit report after 15 years when it was part of a bankruptcy. When contacted they said I owe them nothing but they will keep reporting it because I screwed them.
    Navy Federal Credit Union SUCKS

• Ko
    kozaru Aug 01, 2009

This is typical of NFCU. The amount is too small for small claims court, so there will be legal fees involved if you take it to court. Did you file a complaint with the NCUA? They regulate the credit unions and have an interest in not letting things like this happen.

Navy Federal, on the other hand, has to pay their CEO an undisclosed sum, and pay millions for ad campaigns so that $10, 000 would put a dent in their "non-profit" budget. Hence the hesitancy to help you out.