Natuzzi LeatherDissatisfied with sofa

L

Natuzzi Leather Sofa -Complaint
I bought a Natuzzi Leather Sofa in August of 2010 from Sofa Mart with a good feeling that I would have at least 10 years of a durable sofa. Much to my surprise, while I was vacuuming between the cushions, I noticed sofa stuffing coming out of the cushion near the back seam. When I put my hand between the seat and back of the cushion, the seam came apart exposing the stuffing (cotton and foam rubber). I noticed and called Ron from the Sofa Mart in Brownsville Texas and told him about the sofa in November 2011. He told me that the 12 month warranty expired in August. This past August, I was in New Hampshire until November when I noticed the sofa coming apart. I had to leave to take care of my sick mother and she passed away. I stayed to take care of her estate. I didn't get the additional warranty because I had faith that my sofa would last at least for 5 years. When I asked if he knew anyone who could repair it he said he didn't know and showed no concern about my sofa that was falling apart. I did find an upholstery and when he came he put his hand the length of the sofa, he discovered that the seam on the other two cushions were falling apart. He had to bring the sofa to his shop and sewed the seam with a very durable material. I could not believe that Natuzzi would not have grade A materials to secure the leather. Well $300.00 later, another surprise when he brought the sofa unassembled and I could see the base of the sofa attached to the wood with staples and perhaps an inch of leather overlap! I got to see how my sofa was cheaply put together. This sofa is the third and last Natuzzi leather sofa that I would buy! Be cognizant of not just the exterior of the sofa but the durability, how and where it is made! Yes it is Natuzzi leather from Italy but manufactured in China!! No more Natuzzi for me.

• Dt
    Dthatch Nov 23, 2012

My Natuzzi sofa is falling apart. The frame is split and has been repaired by a Raymour and Flannigan repair guy but he just glued the wood. Actually it was particle board. I took pictures of the frame. Natuzzi should be ashamed . Can't believe that they would cheapen their name by using inferior wood products and cheap labor to produce such crap. The leather is beautiful. But what good is top leather on furniture made of the cheapest materials.
    Darlene, NJ