Natures ACAI BerryUnauthorized Credit Card Charges

I purchased an FREE TRIAL bottle of Natures Acai berry as advertised. I received my pills and they charged me $ 1.99 for shipping charges. 2-3 weeks later, my credit card was hit with charges in the amounts of $ 29.95, $79.96, $ 85.77 and $2.95 over a 2 week period of time. I called their customer service number and the rep explained when i ordered the pills that "fine print" states that i enrolled myself in memberships programs and that is what the UNAUTHORIZED charges were for. I am very angry especially when NBC and Oprah endorsed the product. I had to wait an hour to speak to a supervisor when i called to complain and then he aruged with me about refunding the $ but stated that he cancelled my memberships THAT I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE OR ENROLL MYSELF IN. I had to cancel my credit card and have my credit card company dispute the charges. This is just like stealing someone's credit card out of their wallet and using it unauthorized!!! I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM NATURES ACAI BERRY. !!! They are scam artists!

sandman-18 Feb 18, 2009

They said that you have you have 14 days to call and cancel before you get charged. They charged my acount 8 days after order was confirmed. All I got on the phone was the run around. Very dishonest company. Don't ever trust them.

• Lu
    lucygrrr Feb 20, 2009

I think we all should get together and attack!! Not fun, right?? In the process of disputing charges...would like to hear how things work out for you...here was my time line:

It took them 10 days of the 14 day free trial for me to receive the product even though it also took them 6 days to charge my account. They claim they will ship the product 24 hours within the time you place the order. Instead they waited 6 days AFTER I placed the order to charge my account. So, you mean to tell me that they shipped the product prior to me paying for the postage? How does this make sense? When I called to cancel the "membership" they said I was already 3 days past the 14 day free trial...to simplify:

Feb 3rd: placed order, 14 day free trial begins
    Feb 9th: (day 6 of 14) credit card charged $4.99/shipping
    Feb 14th: (day 11 of 14) received product
    Feb 17th: (day 14 of 14)unaware 14 day free trial ends
    Feb 20th: (11 days after cc was charged, 6 days after receiving product) charged $79.96 for NEXT 30 day supply that I have NOT received and won't for 30 days AFTER the original order was shipped.

SCAM!!! They will not help you, the customer service reps are difficult to understand and keep repeating themselves over and over stating that I should have read the terms of offer. Clearly they are on a mission to NOT reimburse/satisfy their customers. I keep seeing the same 800# on all these posts along with apologizes from Nature's Acai representatives. they will not help you or satisfy your needs.

DO NOT fall for this scam unless you are willing to spend the additional $79.96 when the 14, actual 4, day free trial is up.

JA

• Dv
    dvaz Feb 23, 2009

I just received a free trial of a product for which I never even finalized the order and now I can't find a way to cancel the order because the phone number provided on the invoice is for a pizza company.

• Ti
    Tina Walls Feb 25, 2009

AMMENDMENT!! I recently submitted a complaint that indicated no where were the terms disclosed. I went back several times & finally found it at the bottom (just above the last paragraph). You have to click on "Terms of Offer". Please do this BEFORE you purchase to see you agree to those terms.

Company Employee Feb 27, 2009

Dvaz,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns that you may have had while attempting to cancel your order. The phone number listed on our website [protected]) is 100% reliable and customer service representatives are standing by! Nature's Acai and its employees are unlike any other offer out there and we stand behind our products completely and your satisfaction is our number one concern. Please feel free to try the listed phone number once again and allow our service agents to take care of your situation. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Company Employee Feb 27, 2009

Sandman-18,

OnOn behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number [protected]). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Acai Berry Supplement. They will also be able to extend your trial period! Your satisfaction is our number one concern. We hope to hear from you soon to resolve any outstanding issues. Have a great day!

Luna: I've responded to your post twice now, both in your own personal thread and in one other where you copy/paste this same comment.

• Pa
    Patricia Wasley Mar 03, 2009

I was charged for the products that I am supposed to be getting from a free offer of Acai Berry. I thought when it was backed Rachel Ray and by Oprah, it was a trustworthy source and product. I got my free sample, I have never received anything else for the charge of $79.96 put on my credit card about 17 days after I ordered the free sample for $4.99.

I called customer service number and they would cancel my membership but could not tell me when I would receive the rest of the package I supposedly ordered. They said the information was at the very bottom of the ad, disclosed and I agree to purchase when I submitted the charge for free product for the shipping charges.

I am hoping with all the complaints they can force this company to send refunds to all the customers who were scammed on this Free Trial Sample.

Internet browsers beware of the Free Acai Berry Sample, it will cost you.

Pat Wasley
    West Salem, WI

• Al
    Alicia Campbell Mar 04, 2009

This company advertised a free sample of there product for a shipping and handling fee of $ 4.99. A couple days after receiving the a product another charge appeared on my credit card statement. When I called there costumer service number, a very unprofessional person answered the phone. She took my name and number and said someone would get back to me. I still have not head from anyone.

• Lu
    lucygrrr Mar 04, 2009

ONE MONTH SINCE ORIGINAL ORDER...CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES...

Still no success with asking for a refund or extension for the 14 day trial even though the COMPANY EMPLOYEE above had suggested such a thing. Although charged for the product 2 weeks ago, I have yet to receive it. They will still not refund the $79.96 even though the product isn't in my possession.

They continue to hang up when they do not have the answers. The customer service reps kept talking in circles and had ZERO answers when I asked for dates of shipping and conformation numbers from the USPS. They only offered the order conf#. They had ZERO proof of shipment. Being in retail, I know that all shipping co's have a shipping conf# with all packages up to and including the United States Postal Service. Again...click...they hang up. BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!

The last thing before getting hung up on again was that there wasn't anything they could do about me not receiving the product. Just to continue waiting to see if maybe I might get it and to give them a ring when I do/don't get it to see what they might do next. When I asked for the answer...they hung up...again.

Clearly this is an on going problem as I overheard the same run around being communicated to others by neighboring customer service workers while I was "on hold". I ask all to NOT give up and demand your money back!!!

• Da
    daneen Mar 05, 2009

YOU ORDER A PRODUCT WITH A 15 DAY FREE TRIAL AND YOU DON'T RECEIVE IT FOR 7 DAYS. SO YOU ONLY HAVE 7 DAYS TO TRY IT THEN THEY CHARGE YOU. IN A FREE TRAIL YOU SHOULD GET IT IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME SO AT LEAST YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO TEST IT.

Sandy Mar 06, 2009

I ordered a sample on 2/18/09 and paid shipping of $4.99 debited to my account on 2/18/09. I received nothing and had another charge of $79.96 charged to my account on 3/3/09. Still received nothing .Do I have any recourse of action ? Maybe the Better Business bureau ? How do I get my money back ?

Company Employee Mar 07, 2009

Alicia,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site [protected]). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

Connie Dale Mar 10, 2009

Same as the rest of you folks, . Got a sample for just shipping and handling for $4.99---RIGHT. Now I have a charge of $85.91 on my credit card bill.
    Going to put the word out not to purchase anything from these people.

• Ph
    Phyllis Lawing Mar 10, 2009

What a Scam! I ordered the product for a free trial, never knowing that I would be sent additional bottles and billed?
    I have been on the phone to try to cancel for over 15 minutes on hold. Next step BBB, my bank to cancel my cc and ?

I trusted Opray Winrey name and Rachael Ray, or they scamming them?

• De
    deanna fouts Mar 12, 2009

This company advertised on its web site a free sample of the supplement Acai Berry for paying just the shipping. It does not state that you will be signing up for additional services at additional charges. However, within 15 days additional charges are posted against your credit card.
    DO NOT BUY PRODUCT!!!

• He
    Helen Pepper Mar 14, 2009

I ordered 1 bottle of Acai Berry for $4.99. Today I received a second bottle that was not requested. My chard card was billed $ 85.91.My email address is : [protected]@nycap.rr.com

Janet Black Mar 16, 2009

I also was a victim of Natures Acai Berry scam...$79.96 was withdrawn from my credit card for an additional purchase I did not make...I have a heart condition which prevents me from taking caffeine...I would not have purchased the trial bottle had I known caffeine was an ingredient...I was charged $4.99 for shipping which was the correct amount

• Si
    sirenna willoughby Mar 26, 2009

They are scam artists. They took money out of my bank account, pretending like it was a trial offer. I caught it before they could take anymore out. I want to know how I can get my money back and what can be done to those ###!!!

• He
    Helen J. Hansen Apr 10, 2009

Natures Acai Berry Supplement was to be charged at $2.95 for shipping and handling as a trial. On the credit card it was listed at 79.95 on my American Express and listed as miscellaneous food.
    It was also supposed to be all natural ingredients and with no mention of caffeine. It has 200 mg of it. I am extremely sensitive to it.