National Magazine Exchangefraud/scam

A

National Magazine Exchange sent me a letter telling me to get registered for their $2, 1000, 000.00 prize. The letter gave me a deadline and told me to call [protected] to activate my number. I called because I was pretty sure it was a scam and wanted to report them if they were.

When I called, a female immediatly answered the pone asking for my number, confirming my name and address and asked me if I was still a prefered visa, discover or american express card holder. That is when I knew it was a scam. She told me I had been selected to receive two diamond rolexes and 3 magazine subscriptions for a few dollars a month. I refused about 4 times before I hung up the phone.
I did not give them any new information, especially regarding my credit cart or banking information but I knew that accepting the watches and magazine subscriptions would lead to it. SCAMMERS!

Mary Estes Apr 24, 2009

Thank you for the warning. I recived the same letter in the mail today and figured I would check it out online before I called. There are so many scams going around that you never know.

• Go
    GodsGifted Apr 02, 2009

I also received a letter in March of 2009 from the "National Magazine Exchange" stating that they were trying to me regarding my $2, 100, 000.00 prize entry ID# and said I had to respond by a certain date to be "eligible" prize offerings. It also stated if my prize entry is selected in the random drawing I would win $2, 100, 000.00 but it said I needed to call [protected] to activate my ID# by this certain deadline. I did proceed to give them a call and at no time did they mention the sweepstakes. They were more interested in trying to sell me some magazines, so I eventually hung up. Also, note I spoke with a woman who said her name was "Helen" (which I doubt) but note that my letter was signed by E. Scanlou. Then it wasn't long after that my boyfriend received a letter stating the same info. but signed by a different person!!! One thing I can not stand is for someone to try to hurt innocent people that might just need a little help. I hope whoever is doing this that GOD will punish you to the fullest extent of the law!!! May God Bless and Be with all of you that have been hurt in this same situation.