Complaints & Reviews

sexual paraphernalia

Motel 6 parent company Accor Hotels decided to replace the Gideon Bibles with "intimacy kits." For Accor, providing travelers with sexual paraphernalia is more important than the Bible.

If this is not O. K. with you, if you object to going to a motel with your kids and when their curiosity compels them to open a drawer and they find a sex kit in there instead of the usual Bible, sign a petition protesting this at American Family Assn - AFA.org.

Anoynmous Jan 08, 2008

I think that is a fantastic idea - far more useful than a bible ever was! Take your puritanical nonsense elsewhere, perferably somewhere far away with your little group of christi-nazi AFA members.

Richard Colbeth Apr 03, 2008

Legal Notice: I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Motel 6, ACCOR, and Manager Lee Judson.

what can lil' ol' me do?!

Plenty! check any consumer complaint site dot com: [redacted], blagger, complaintsboard, complaints, complaintservice, complaint. tv, consumerbeef, corporatesnitch, departmentofcomplaints, furiocity, measuredup, myspace, my3cents, pissedconsumer, planetfeedback, tattletaleconsumerhotline, ventvent for example - there are others and let your voice be heard! copy this and stick on your fridge.

America's corporate history is peppered with david and goliath stories where an almighty corporation is taken on by a lone whistleblower maybe like you determined to expose unlawful actions or dangerous products.

Whether it's battling a monster motel industry like accor's motel 6, big tobacco, identifying cancer clusters in your community or getting a malfunctioning car seat taken off the market, if other people share your complaint, a class action lawsuit may offer the appropriate legal remedy. ehow legal

Richard Colbeth Apr 06, 2008

I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Accor, Motel 6 and/or Manager Lee Judson.

• Ju
    Julian Burke Aug 13, 2008

Two months ago (06/08) I stayed at the Winston Salem Motel 6 only to be awoken at 3 am by the next door guests as they were shouting and throwing glass bottles. (hitting my door) I called front desk and the fight seemed to stop. I complained next morning, they were apologetic and gave me a free coupon for my next stay which was fine with me.
    Last Friday (6Aug08) I went to check in after a tough day and driving my truck. The girl said that I had been placed on the "do not rent" for disturbance. She wouldn't even try to understand saying there was nothing she could do even though I had the coupon and didn't care. I tried to call the reservation number about my guaranteed reservation and the coupon they gave me for future use and they were of no use. Yes I was mad and she called the police to have me removed from the property. I have tried to call the regional manager but he will not return any phonecalls. Guest relations is a "customer no service" outfit. Motel 6 is a lousy run outfit and they don't even care.

mentally abused!

If any of you veterans out there are planning on visiting Seaside, Oregon for Veterans Day, the Motel 6 there is a pretty nice place to stay, it's economical and you can bring your pet. But my wife and I were barred from ever staying there without any reason given. It may have been the manager is an anti-war guy and didn't like my Viet Nam Veteran license plate holder.

Thanks, Dick and Sandy.

Richard Colbeth Apr 12, 2008

Comfort Inn’s OpinionDecember 26, 2006Dear Mr. and Mrs. Colbeth, It is with pleasure that I respond to the comment card you left for our review at the Comfort Inn in Tumwater and to your specific request to be rated as a guest. I have given this request a lot of thought, and since you were obviously serious about being rated as a guest, I want to give your request - as unusual as it is - the proper attention it deserves.

If I had to rate guests I would consider the following categories: 1. How did you treat our staff?2. How did you treat our premises and amenities?3. How did you conduct yourself while checked in? These are the three basic categories to consider. On our scale from 1 - 4, with 1 being excellent, 2 - good, 3 - fair, and 4 - poor, I would have to rate you excellent in all categories. You were courteous to our staff and pleasant to deal with. The credit card you presented for payment authorized on the first try and did not decline, which contributed to a smooth and efficient check in. As a guest in our hotel, you treated our premises with care and consideration - you didn't smoke in your non-smoking room, you didn't disturb other guests with loud music, TV, loud conversations or even arguments. You didn't break anything, nor did you excessively soil our linen or towels. In the morning you had your breakfast during our posted breakfast hours, not 45 minutes after breakfast closed and the breakfast area has been cleaned. Above all, you surprised our staff with your genuine concern about how you might be perceived by us. I hope you find this rating helpful. We do not expect our guests to rate "excellent" all the time. We appreciate guests who show kindness and courtesy, who do not hold our staff responsible for things that go wrong that were beyond our control, such as the loss of cable TV during the recent power outage. I see all sorts of guests come and go. About 5% rate excellent, 55% rate good, 25% rate fair, 15% rate poor. The 5% who rate excellent keep us going every day. They make up for the 15% who rated poor and instill in us a genuine wish to treat others with courtesy, kindness and respect.

My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent.

Your kindness is much appreciated and will be remembered for a long time. Best Regards, Monika FitzGibbonComfort Inn & Conference Center1620 74th Ave SW Tumwater, Wa 98501phone: 360/352-0691fax: 360/352-0871

disrespect innocent travelers

After Accor's Seaside, Oregon Motel 6, Owner/manager, Lee Judson, falsely inferred my wife and I are felons and/or tortfeasors, I researched the company and found there are literally 100's of complaints against it nationwide.

I wonder how one would go about getting a class action lawsuit started against them? Something ought to be done about the way they disrespect innocent travelers.

• Or
    Ora Aug 11, 2007

I was hospitalized for a disability that disabled me to perform my job duties, I was told that I would not loose my job because of my hospitalization, after I was discharged from the hospital that was not the case. The unfair thing about it is that another front desk clerk fired me and there was not a real reason present as to why I was fired and above else the manager did not even know about me being fired and she did not have an explanation as well. I mean it is one thing to fire a person, but to ignore them and not give them a real reason why he or she was fired is horrible. I mean I am taking further steps I tried to avoid having to take legal actions, but the owners of the motel will not return my calls, which has left me no other choice rather than to seek legal assistance. I mean me and my child we have needs and to be hospitalized and then fired from my job, I really do not know exactly where our next meal will come from, which is what hurts me the most.

Richard Colbeth Apr 06, 2008

• X3
    X3ROOT Jan 18, 2010

i want inform you with situation happen with me personal

i was with my friend he already reserve room and I'm going with him to make check in then we make check in and every thing was OK
    when I'm going to deliver him to room the receptionist tell me he must go to room alone you can't go up with him he tell me you can wait him sir in loopy i tell him no problem thank you
    then i was in loopy and i see the hotel is nice
    i decide when I'm seating in lobby to reserve new room to stay with my friend
    and OK I'm going to web site and make reservation and i get confirm code from 17/1/2010 to 21/1/2010
    then I'm going to reptionist again i ask him about my new room then i was reserve it on 17 /1/2010
    he tell me no reservation done and he till me that booking stuff is out of hotel and u cant make check in you must come tomorrow for check in .then how i pay the night and no room confirm in hotel
    when I'm going to cancel the reservation l cant bec that time is out for cancellation

I'm really Amazed
    Because For me that's not problem because i don't need room i decide to get it when I'm in loopy but what about some one else need that room urgent For Any reason
    And mercure have that good reputation how that error done
    if u need some one explore your hotel;s defect u can use me I'm clever on that ;)

I'm really wanna cancel my booking

Lovley Guest

outrage

Donation plea: mr judson, manager of this seaside oregon motel 6, is suing my wife and me for $100, 000! He is suing me! How outrageous is that? He kicks us out for no reason, we complain, and he sues us - is the world going nuts or what? Anyway, my wife and I are disabled, retired, on a fixed income and attorney fees are driving us into bankruptcy; if you could see your way clear to help us, it would be very much appreciated. Send your donation to dick colbeth, p. O. Box 821201, vancouver, wa 98682. Thank you and god bless.

• Ca
    Carma Coleman Oct 01, 2007

Would you kindly post an additional comment with your civil suit number, the court name, address and the phone number of the court clerk along with your attorney's name, phone number and address so your plight can be verified. Sorry, my family has had problems in Seaside while visiting also. (not at this Motel).

• Pe
    PeteMucciolo Nov 17, 2007

U are a scamming piece of ### if u cant come up with all of that info. you are just a crack head who cant get money on his own so you have to go on a scam protection website and try to scam. SO IF THIS GUY DOESN'T COME UP WITH PROOF DON'T ANYONE SEND HIM ###... DON'T TRUST ANYONE EVEN ON THIS WEBSITE... NONE IS VERIFIED ANYONE CAN POST SCAMS!

Richard Colbeth Apr 03, 2008

Richard Colbeth Apr 08, 2008

December 26, 2006

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Colbeth,

I hope you find this rating helpful. We do not expect our guests to rate "excellent" all the time. We appreciate guests who show kindness and courtesy, who do not hold our staff responsible for things that go wrong that were beyond our control, such as the loss of cable TV during the recent power outage. I see all sorts of guests come and go. About 5% rate excellent, 55% rate good, 25% rate fair, 15% rate poor. The 5% who rate excellent keep us going every day. They make up for the 15% who rated poor and instill in us a genuine wish to treat others with courtesy, kindness and respect. My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent. Your kindness is much appreciated and will be remembered for a long time.

• Cb
    Cbay Mult Apr 28, 2018

Agree

poor service!

Up to speed: Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 Manager, Lee Judson, inferred that my wife is a prostitute and I a drug dealer by - illegally, I believe - putting us on his nefarious Do Not Rent list without cause. So after 8 months of trying to get our good names cleared without success, I sued him in Small Claims Court for $5,000. He and his attorney, Stan Gish, bullied me and filed a frivolous counter suit for $100,000 taking it out of Small Claims Court and into Circuit Court, forcing me to hire an attorney to defend myself against against him!

O.K., Now Gish & my attorney are discussing dismissing the case and having both parties sign a stipulated injunction which would prevent either of you from posting anything (on consumer complaint sites like this one) regarding the other party. No money would trade hands. However, you would be required to deposit some money, probably a couple thousand, as security (in a place to be determined) to ensure that you do not breach the agreement. If after a year you have not breached the agreement, you would get the money back. If you breach of the agreement, the money would go to Judson.

Can you believe that?!?!?!? Beware!

• Ed
    Edward A. Harris Sep 06, 2007

This past Labor Day weekend we traveled to Lincoln City, Oregon. We had made a 3 day reservation with Captain Cooks Motel which is located in the 2700 block of Hiway 101 NW. We have stayed at this motel in the past when visiting Lincoln City and have had no issues with them.

On the morning of the third day it became necessary for us to check out and not stay the third night due to a family emergency back home. As we checked out we were advised that the motel required 48 hour notice for a cancellation. We could request the manager to waive this. A few days later I called and was told they would not waive the lost night's stay, regardless of the reason. Even though I told the manager that we were frequent visitors to this particular motel and visited Lincoln City at least once a year, staying with them in the past, they would not reconsider. I told them that I would not be utilizing their establishment again due to this in flexible policy.

I can not recommend Captain Cooks Motel in Lincoln City and encourage others to avoid them.

Richard Colbeth Apr 12, 2008

My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent.

do not rent list

Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 manager, Lee Judson, put my disabled, senior citizen wife and me on his Do Not Rent...

that is just overpriced!

As I was showering, (6pm) a woman from management came in the room without permission, and claimed that she was changing the towels, even though there already was enough. I came out of the shower, and she ran out the door. She was not in a housekeeping uniform. I saw her go back to the main office. It was clear that she tried to steal my bike. Also, the price is now $85 a night. That is just overpriced!

do not rent list

My wife & I have been staying at that motel for over a decade, with absolutely no problems whatsoever, last...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices