Complaints & Reviews

Motel 6manager and house keeper

I honestly do not want to be a bother. I just wanted to inform you that we will be checking out of your hotel and will not ever be a guest at any motel 6 again. I have been asking politely for towels, tissue, and clean sheets for two days. I did not receive them. I saw a lady outside changing the garbage and ask her if I could please get them. She then insisted to bring the house keeper to my room. The house keeper began rolling her head raising he voice at me saying that we never ask to have our room serviced when I personally told her that we needed these items. I have had all I can take for the treatment my family and I receive here so I RECORDED THE CONVERSATION ON MY PHONE. The manager insisted on telling me that I HAVE NO COMMON SENSE, WAS TRYING TO BE A PROBLEM, WAS TRYING TO GET SOMETHING FOR FREE, AND THAT I AM A LIAR!!! I am in my right mind to take this recording to my lawyer and file a suit for discrimination being that I was just personally attacked by two of your employees just because I ask for clean towels, sheets, and toilet tissue. I very seriously doubt that anyone will take the time correct the behavior of your employees and how the guest are being treated, but if anyone ever decides to, the name of the Manager who made these comments to me is FRANCINE WALTON. We will be finishing our summer out at another hotel where is may cost more, but I'm willing to pay to be treated like a guest. I am disgusted that I have already put out all the money to stay here for nearly two months and I wish you the best of luck trying to keep this place up and running.

Sincerely,
Donna Smith.

• Em
      [email protected] Apr 14, 2011

MAM DID YOU CONTACT CORPORATE MOTEL 6 @ 1-800-4-MOTEL6. I HOPE YOU CAN GET THIS ISSUE RESLOVED.

• Em
      [email protected] Apr 17, 2011

DONNA,
      I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE I JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALIZE NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE THE SAME AND THE TREATMENT YOU HAVE RECIEVED IS UNACCEPTABLE NOT TO MENTION PLAIN RUDE . OUR GUESTS ARE THE REASON WE ARE HERE PERIOD SO GUESTS SHOULD BE TREATED JUST LIKE THAT ... A GUEST ! PLEASE DONT SHY AWAY FROM MOTEL 6 JUST FROM THIS ONE BAD EXPERIENCE PLEASE ALLOW US (STAFF)WHO FEEL THE WAY I EXPLAINED ABOVE TO SHOW YOU WHAT MOTEL 6 WE WILL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU ACTUALLY MEANS.

Motel 6 — dirty and disgusting rooms!

When we checked in, and arrived at our room, we noticed that the bathroom was still dirty. When we pulled...

Essington

Motel 6 — cleanliness standards and hospitality!

It was about 2:30 am on a Monday. There were no other choices because every other decent hotel was not awake...

Accor / Motel 6 — Odor in the court!

Man, I know my attorney is going to kill me but this thing is so juicy, as a citizen-journalist, I just...

Accor / Motel 6 — terrible service!

Frivolous? Trust me, my friend, i'm very earnest about finding out why judson first apologized to my wife and...

Accor/motel 6rebuttal

Springfield Bart is an adversarial Accor crony, I believe, and he chimed up on [redacted].com. This is my response:

I gave Springfield Bart a facetious reply to his sincere rebuttal and I apologize for that. He gave me a list of nine [redacted]s that he went to some time and effort to compile which I didn't address and with ROR's permission, I would like to:

1. /URL removed/

A horrible experience LA Kathey had (not me) when she was attacked by a pit bull held by a man talking to the desk clerk in the motel and the outrageous response she got.

2. /URL removed/

I thought the long list of guests mauled by Accor's motels calls for a Class Action lawsuit to be initiated and I still do.

3. /URL removed/

Because Motel 6' Owner/Manager and his attorney retaliated with a frivolous counter suit, I was forced to hire an attorney I can't afford or forfeit $100,000 so I issued a donation plea to help me through this travel nightmare. My Social Security check will only stretch so far.

4. /URL removed/

My story. This unbelievable, but well-documented act of treachery by a maniacal motel manager is right up there with Hitchcock's Psycho. All it needs is an Anthony Perkins, a little sex and some violence. I hope to write a book and I hope they make a movie out of it.

5. /URL removed/

This is gall also beyond belief. Motel manager violates the RICO Act, for which he and his sleazy attorney should have been arrested and maybe will yet, then ask me to post bond promising not to tell the world about their egregious conduct. Actually, I can't blame them for not wanting their conduct advertised.

6. /URL removed/

"Got a substandard room, complained, got put on Do Not Rent list. Complained about that, got sued for $100,000. Afraid to complain about that."
    Right. There's no telling what this out-of-control manager/attorney pair is capable of.

7. /URL removed/

My story to Accor North America, trying desperately to find a sane voice in the organization. I said, “Motel 6 Slammed on Do Not Rent list for requesting a discount for being assigned a substandard room Seaside Oregon..."

8. /URL removed/

My story also sent to Accor HQ in France for the same reason - looking for reason in an unreasonable situation.. I think they responded to Accor HQ N.A. who probably made their usual insipid effort to resolve the matter by sending out a form letter - I've received 1/2 a dozen all saying the same thing, signed by a different Guest Relations person. If anybody ever died and made me boss of Accor's Quality Control Division (if they even have one), I'd fire the whole bunch of " Guest Relations" persons and put people in there who knew something about Customer Service. What happened, and is happening, to my wife and me is outrageous beyond belief and I think the whole world should know about it.

9. /URL removed/

I said, "I thought it was outrageous abuse of authority on Judson's part, spineless mismanagement on Accor's part and since Wolf & Judson are related, their response would be expected. And us? Our character is being defamed all over the place as Judson threatens to inform others in the hospitality industry of - whatever."
    Right. Seems like a reasonable post on a Consumer Complaint site.

Bart, if you insist on Post-Bashing, I am willing to trade you Post for Post - you list mine one at a time and I will list those of other innocent travelers Motel 6 has treated horribly. I'll bet I out-post you 10 to one.

I do attest my posts were valid.

Richard Colbeth Apr 06, 2008

I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Accor, Motel 6 and/or Manager Lee Judson.

Accor / Motel 6 — sexual paraphernalia

Motel 6 parent company Accor Hotels decided to replace the Gideon Bibles with "intimacy kits." For Accor...

Accor/motel 6what can lil' ol' me do?!

Plenty! check any consumer complaint site dot com: [redacted], blagger, complaintsboard, complaints, complaintservice, complaint. tv, consumerbeef, corporatesnitch, departmentofcomplaints, furiocity, measuredup, myspace, my3cents, pissedconsumer, planetfeedback, tattletaleconsumerhotline, ventvent for example - there are others and let your voice be heard! copy this and stick on your fridge.

America's corporate history is peppered with david and goliath stories where an almighty corporation is taken on by a lone whistleblower maybe like you determined to expose unlawful actions or dangerous products.

Whether it's battling a monster motel industry like accor's motel 6, big tobacco, identifying cancer clusters in your community or getting a malfunctioning car seat taken off the market, if other people share your complaint, a class action lawsuit may offer the appropriate legal remedy. ehow legal

Richard Colbeth Apr 06, 2008

• Ju
          Julian Burke Aug 13, 2008

Two months ago (06/08) I stayed at the Winston Salem Motel 6 only to be awoken at 3 am by the next door guests as they were shouting and throwing glass bottles. (hitting my door) I called front desk and the fight seemed to stop. I complained next morning, they were apologetic and gave me a free coupon for my next stay which was fine with me.
          Last Friday (6Aug08) I went to check in after a tough day and driving my truck. The girl said that I had been placed on the "do not rent" for disturbance. She wouldn't even try to understand saying there was nothing she could do even though I had the coupon and didn't care. I tried to call the reservation number about my guaranteed reservation and the coupon they gave me for future use and they were of no use. Yes I was mad and she called the police to have me removed from the property. I have tried to call the regional manager but he will not return any phonecalls. Guest relations is a "customer no service" outfit. Motel 6 is a lousy run outfit and they don't even care.

Motel 6 Seaside Oregonmentally abused!

If any of you veterans out there are planning on visiting Seaside, Oregon for Veterans Day, the Motel 6 there is a pretty nice place to stay, it's economical and you can bring your pet. But my wife and I were barred from ever staying there without any reason given. It may have been the manager is an anti-war guy and didn't like my Viet Nam Veteran license plate holder.

Thanks, Dick and Sandy.

Richard Colbeth Apr 12, 2008

Comfort Inn’s OpinionDecember 26, 2006Dear Mr. and Mrs. Colbeth, It is with pleasure that I respond to the comment card you left for our review at the Comfort Inn in Tumwater and to your specific request to be rated as a guest. I have given this request a lot of thought, and since you were obviously serious about being rated as a guest, I want to give your request - as unusual as it is - the proper attention it deserves.

If I had to rate guests I would consider the following categories: 1. How did you treat our staff?2. How did you treat our premises and amenities?3. How did you conduct yourself while checked in? These are the three basic categories to consider. On our scale from 1 - 4, with 1 being excellent, 2 - good, 3 - fair, and 4 - poor, I would have to rate you excellent in all categories. You were courteous to our staff and pleasant to deal with. The credit card you presented for payment authorized on the first try and did not decline, which contributed to a smooth and efficient check in. As a guest in our hotel, you treated our premises with care and consideration - you didn't smoke in your non-smoking room, you didn't disturb other guests with loud music, TV, loud conversations or even arguments. You didn't break anything, nor did you excessively soil our linen or towels. In the morning you had your breakfast during our posted breakfast hours, not 45 minutes after breakfast closed and the breakfast area has been cleaned. Above all, you surprised our staff with your genuine concern about how you might be perceived by us. I hope you find this rating helpful. We do not expect our guests to rate "excellent" all the time. We appreciate guests who show kindness and courtesy, who do not hold our staff responsible for things that go wrong that were beyond our control, such as the loss of cable TV during the recent power outage. I see all sorts of guests come and go. About 5% rate excellent, 55% rate good, 25% rate fair, 15% rate poor. The 5% who rate excellent keep us going every day. They make up for the 15% who rated poor and instill in us a genuine wish to treat others with courtesy, kindness and respect.

My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent.

Your kindness is much appreciated and will be remembered for a long time. Best Regards, Monika FitzGibbonComfort Inn & Conference Center1620 74th Ave SW Tumwater, Wa 98501phone: 360/352-0691fax: 360/352-0871

Accor Hotels / Motel 6 — disrespect innocent travelers

After Accor's Seaside, Oregon Motel 6, Owner/manager, Lee Judson, falsely inferred my wife and I are...

Motel 6outrage

Donation plea: mr judson, manager of this seaside oregon motel 6, is suing my wife and me for $100, 000! He is suing me! How outrageous is that? He kicks us out for no reason, we complain, and he sues us - is the world going nuts or what? Anyway, my wife and I are disabled, retired, on a fixed income and attorney fees are driving us into bankruptcy; if you could see your way clear to help us, it would be very much appreciated. Send your donation to dick colbeth, p. O. Box 821201, vancouver, wa 98682. Thank you and god bless.

• Ca
              Carma Coleman Oct 01, 2007

Would you kindly post an additional comment with your civil suit number, the court name, address and the phone number of the court clerk along with your attorney's name, phone number and address so your plight can be verified. Sorry, my family has had problems in Seaside while visiting also. (not at this Motel).

• Pe
              PeteMucciolo Nov 17, 2007

U are a scamming piece of ### if u cant come up with all of that info. you are just a crack head who cant get money on his own so you have to go on a scam protection website and try to scam. SO IF THIS GUY DOESN'T COME UP WITH PROOF DON'T ANYONE SEND HIM ###... DON'T TRUST ANYONE EVEN ON THIS WEBSITE... NONE IS VERIFIED ANYONE CAN POST SCAMS!

Richard Colbeth Apr 03, 2008

Legal Notice: I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Motel 6, ACCOR, and Manager Lee Judson.

Richard Colbeth Apr 08, 2008

December 26, 2006

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Colbeth,

I hope you find this rating helpful. We do not expect our guests to rate "excellent" all the time. We appreciate guests who show kindness and courtesy, who do not hold our staff responsible for things that go wrong that were beyond our control, such as the loss of cable TV during the recent power outage. I see all sorts of guests come and go. About 5% rate excellent, 55% rate good, 25% rate fair, 15% rate poor. The 5% who rate excellent keep us going every day. They make up for the 15% who rated poor and instill in us a genuine wish to treat others with courtesy, kindness and respect. My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent. Your kindness is much appreciated and will be remembered for a long time.

• Cb
              Cbay Mult Apr 28, 2018

Agree

Accor / Motel 6poor service!

Up to speed: Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 Manager, Lee Judson, inferred that my wife is a prostitute and I a drug dealer by - illegally, I believe - putting us on his nefarious Do Not Rent list without cause. So after 8 months of trying to get our good names cleared without success, I sued him in Small Claims Court for $5,000. He and his attorney, Stan Gish, bullied me and filed a frivolous counter suit for $100,000 taking it out of Small Claims Court and into Circuit Court, forcing me to hire an attorney to defend myself against against him!

O.K., Now Gish & my attorney are discussing dismissing the case and having both parties sign a stipulated injunction which would prevent either of you from posting anything (on consumer complaint sites like this one) regarding the other party. No money would trade hands. However, you would be required to deposit some money, probably a couple thousand, as security (in a place to be determined) to ensure that you do not breach the agreement. If after a year you have not breached the agreement, you would get the money back. If you breach of the agreement, the money would go to Judson.

Can you believe that?!?!?!? Beware!

• Ed
                Edward A. Harris Sep 06, 2007

This past Labor Day weekend we traveled to Lincoln City, Oregon. We had made a 3 day reservation with Captain Cooks Motel which is located in the 2700 block of Hiway 101 NW. We have stayed at this motel in the past when visiting Lincoln City and have had no issues with them.

On the morning of the third day it became necessary for us to check out and not stay the third night due to a family emergency back home. As we checked out we were advised that the motel required 48 hour notice for a cancellation. We could request the manager to waive this. A few days later I called and was told they would not waive the lost night's stay, regardless of the reason. Even though I told the manager that we were frequent visitors to this particular motel and visited Lincoln City at least once a year, staying with them in the past, they would not reconsider. I told them that I would not be utilizing their establishment again due to this in flexible policy.

I can not recommend Captain Cooks Motel in Lincoln City and encourage others to avoid them.

Richard Colbeth Apr 12, 2008

My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent.

Accor / Motel 6 — do not rent list

Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 manager, Lee Judson, put my disabled, senior citizen wife and me on his Do Not Rent...

Motel 6 - Fairfield, CAthat is just overpriced!

As I was showering, (6pm) a woman from management came in the room without permission, and claimed that she was changing the towels, even though there already was enough. I came out of the shower, and she ran out the door. She was not in a housekeeping uniform. I saw her go back to the main office. It was clear that she tried to steal my bike. Also, the price is now $85 a night. That is just overpriced!

Motel 6 - Seaside, OR — do not rent list

My wife & I have been staying at that motel for over a decade, with absolutely no problems whatsoever, last...