Complaints & Reviews

Motel 6 — payroll & tax fraud

Dear Sirs: I applied for employment at Motel 6 here in Laramie, WY. I was training for Front Desk as well a...

Motel 6ripped off

we were asked to leave with no refund, after paying for another night. my daughter rented a room for someone because their id was broken and because of that we were asked to leave. we were treated very rudely and threatened with the police. my husband had to run down towels to take a shower and then the maid came and took them while we were out, without even cleaning our room. we are appalled at the treatment we recieved. i would not reccommend motel 6 to anyone.

• Ga
      GarrettwSummers Jul 03, 2009

Was told to come by at 530 am to get the the room for the night, paid 225 bucks for two nights and this was on a Thursday morning then got kicked out on Friday! They then threatened to call the cops on me and had all my ### in a bin. It was some fat butch chick that did it. Very very very dissapointed. Plus one of the beds had sand in it and stunk really bad . Don't get screwed stay away I wish I could get them back.

• Sm
      smilowell Feb 15, 2013

Renting a room for someone else is called, "fronting, " and it is illegal. The motel could get into a lot of trouble and face thousands of dollars in fines, if the authorities had reason to check. You were not, "ripped off, " you are lucky the clerk did not call the authorities on you.

Motel 6room guarantee worthless

Reserved a Motel 6 room online days ahead, guaranteed it with a credit card, received confirmation via e-mail.

Arrived at 8 p.m. and was told they did not have any rooms.

The online reservation site informs clients can be charged for guaranteed reservations unless cancelled by 6 p.m. I did not cancel, instead driving 14 hours in bad conditions to use the room I assumed I would be charged for.

The clerk's only explanation was: "Lots of people want rooms today."

I am handicapped and had requested a ground-floor, non-smoking room with walk-in shower. She said "because of the weather, all the ground-floor rooms were gone by 3 this afternoon."

Although I have never had a problem with a Motel 6 meeting my needs, I do realize they state they may not be able to comply with special requests. But I at least expect them to have some kind of room when it is �guaranteed.�

Only after threatening to sleep with my service dog in the lobby, did the clerk finally say she'd find me a room, after which, she told a apparent walk-in in the process of registering that they did not have a room after all.

Despite the 8 p.m. hour, housekeeping hadn't gotten to the room yet. The room was smoking and second-floor with an outdoor staircase.

I wonder if Motel 6 (or at least this one) is double-selling rooms, i.e. peddling reserved rooms after the cancellation deadline in hopes the person who is still financially responsible for the room will not be able to get there.

The only bright spot was a housekeeping employee (Gary), who saw me struggling with my suitcase and cane on the stairs and was quick to insist on helping me.

I usually stay at Motel 6 when I travel, and I know enough not to expect the Ritz. But I do expect to be treated honestly.

Before I use Motel 6 again, I would like them to convince me "guaranteed reservations" is not a joke.

• Sm
        smilowell Feb 15, 2013

You need to read the website information more carefully. If you did, you would see that your guarantee is only until 6:00pm. Unless you call and request a late check-in, they can cancel your reservation, and rent the room, especially if there is a special event, or they are very busy. Since they told you that, "a lot of people want rooms, " it sounds like they were busy.

Motel 6dog bite

on 05/10/10 i was a guest at the motel 6 in evans colorado and was walking toward my room when a man who worked for the motel as maintenace aproached me with a very large bulldog.as he was aprochjng i asked him if his dog would bite and he replied that the dog wouldnt bite so i continued in my direction. when they were within a few feet of me i kinda paused and squated down so that i wouldnt seem like any kind of threat to the dog.when they got within the dogs leash distance
      the dog londged at me and bit me on the throat.i went straight to my room so that i could look in the mirror to see how bad my injury was.i was bleeding quite a bit from puncture wounds that were left behind from the bite. blood began to soak my shirt and chest.at that time it occured to me that i had better ask the owners of the dog if it had all its shots.i went to the front desk and spoke with the manager who is the girl freind and co-owner of the dog.i informed her that i had been bitten by their dog and she told me that she thought it was best if i left the property and if i didnt that she would call police and have me removed. i told her to call an ambulance also.the police were called as was the ambulance and i was told by police that the owner who was on the property wanted me to leave.i was treated for my wounds at the greeley hospital.i have tried many times to speak with the owner and he has hung up on me

Motel 6nasty rooms

I spent the night at this motel/hotel in Jackson, Ms on 9-27-10.I went to take a shower and found the bathtub to be black from not being cleaned properly.I was staying with my son and daughter in law and 2 grand babies.We had seperate rooms.my room had the above stuff as well as what appeared to be pubic hair on the blanket, yuck.The other room had the 2 matteress that were torn and very nasty looking.I also found what looked like Mold in my room in the bathroom area as well.I have emailed these folks, but have gotten no response from them.

Motel 6 — cleanliness of room

When first walking in the room the smell was not pleasant. it was musty. I looked on the floor when I saw a...

Motel 6 — did not get what I paid for

I was travelling back from central kansas to middle tennessee on the night of may 12, 2010 and it began...

Motel 6 — refused to rent - no reason given

I stayed at this Motel 6 location for a week, and for the most part was satisfied. There was an issue with...

Accor Hotels Motel 6retailation, harassment, hostile work enviroment, discrimanation

To: all present or past employees of accor hotel, motel 6, studio 6 or red roof inn.

I am looking into starting a class action against accor hotels, motel 6.

I was a manager and I am now waiting for the eeoc to finish up there federal investigators duties on a charge of retailation, harassment, hostile work enviroment and discrimination.

Please email me at [protected]@aol.com

Tell me your whole story, what property number, any and all info so I can put a log together.

Thanks...

Motel 6 — they treat you like trash

I checked into the hotel, and the room heater did not work. I then, called the front desk to have them send a...

Motel 6stay away

If any of you veterans out there are planning on visiting Seaside, Oregon for Veterans Day, the Motel 6 there is a pretty nice place to stay, it's economical and you can bring your pet.

But my wife and I were barred from ever staying there without any reason given. It may have been the manager is an anti-war guy and didn't like my Viet Nam Veteran license plate holder.

If you do stay there, I would really appreciate it if you would ask them about that and let me know.

Motel 6 #0123unsafe

My name is Janet Robinson, my daughter and I stayed at the Motel 6 stated above. It was a frightening experience to the point where we called the police. At 3:30 in the morning the phone rang. The caller was lude and explicit about what he was going to do to us. He knew what we looked like and even when we walked our dog. This went on until 6 am. I called the front desk as earlier that day I had seen a security guard. I lodged my complaint and asked for security to come help us. The desk clerk refused, saying that I should just unplug the phone. I told her that was not possible as I have a sick sister at home. The obscene caller said he was in room 159, we were in room 156. When I told the front desk this the female clerk told me that was impossible as there was no one in that rom nor any rooms on our side. When the police came he knocked on room 159, there was a couple in that room and there was also a couple in a room right next to them who oddly vacated immediately as soon as the police car was out of sight. My daughter and I spent the night in total terror with the constant phone calls which were very threatening. Upon packing to leave we were terrified as we knew this person knew us yet we didn't know what he looked like. I have a complaint # 841945. I was told to speak to Linda the motel manager yet when I called she was not on the property. Aside from this there were holes in the wall with duct tape over them. Why have a security guard on sight when he won't come to help? No one should have to go through what we went through and not one person who worked at the motel showed an ounce of concern or care. My daughter still has not gotten over the ordeal, neither have I. It was like living in a horror movie. And we had to pay from 9/19/09 to 9/22/09 to be put through this. I hope this matter gets resolved as I am so very tempted to call an attorney for neglegence on the part of Motel 6 #0123. Respectfully, Janet Robinson

• Pi
                  pinkflowers Sep 25, 2009

Wow. It sure sounds like a traumatic experience. It was strange that the motel did not send security. What kind of establishment does that.

Studio 6 (Div Of Motel 6)money hungry

I drive a truck cross country and broke down on 08/16/09 and the company put the wife, dog and I up in a motel6 affiliate called studio 6 in garland, texas.I'm being reimbursed for the room but still my company is getting screwed. first it has a 49.00 plus 10.00 for the extra person and a 10.00 fee for the dog. Then because I had to pay cash they charge 25.00 refundable deposit.No big deal we are not going to tear anything up. The 10.00 fee for the dog is non refundable even though the dog is well trained. I am only 100 miles from home but did not want to drive there for our truck might not take too long to fix. So my daughter and her 4 kids (6 and under) came down to see us and spend the day. They were tired at the end of the day and had an air mattress with them, so we just blew up the air mattress and was going to have the kids sleep on that. The price said 10.00 per adult and 3.00 for each child so I tried to do the right thing and go to the office and explain that the kids were going to stay the night and offered to pay the extra 22.00 and was refused, they would have to rent an extra room or leave. My room was 60.00 plus tax with a dog fee. Their room(since they had us by the cahunas), was 79.00 plus tax without a dog and of course the 25.00 refundable deposit because it was paid with cash. I think the is shoddy business practices and will not spend another night here, I have already paid for tonight so I will stay, but don't care how many days the truck is broke down, I won't be back. Tom Boadette may leave a light on for you but it will cost you, BEWARE AMERICA. RON WEST ROOM 160

• Dl
                    dlakers Aug 18, 2009

I believe it is a matter of the fire code. Regardless if they are kids or not you can not have that many people in one room.

Motel 6rude staff/security/poor up-keep

This place is a zoo, children running around with no supervision, rude staff, and property that looks like a third world country. And when you BUY there internet card you are continously kicked off line.
                  And do not expect anything to get repared in your room, because english is not an opion.
                  I plan not to stay at another as long as I live.

M. Evans

Motel 6 — poor service, attempted ripoff, dirty rooms

1. Billing-initially billed for full duration of stay ($342.67), stayed two nights at quoted rate of $59.99...

Motel 6nasty loud stinky beds broke exc...

My family and I went to a wedding in tulsa 3-13-09 to 3-15-09 and it was an awful experience the rooms had bugars on the walls the bed was broken they stunk the carpets were nasty we had prank callers all through the night there were partys all night it was an expreience I will never forget. I went to the manager and complained do you think they cared... not... we had to leave the hotel and go to another one we went to a super 8 it was like walking into a mansion I am so discusted I will never go to another motel 6 again and ask everyone that reads this to do the same

sighned concernd for my health

Motel 6dirty rooms dirty neddles

To whom it may concern,

I work out of town alot and was told to stay at motel 6 in florance sc. When I arived there, I took a shower, went to eat dinner and came back to my room. I went to pull the covers back and something fell on the floor. It startle me, I had steped on this object. Come to find out it was a used neddle with blood still in the neddle. I called the front desk, I wanted the manger to see it for them self. I was told they would give me a free night stay. I called the police and took them 2 hrs. To arive there. I wanted to get the neddle checked out for hiv. I was told all they could do was to despose it. Well here I sit 2 years later, no attorney in south carolina will take my case. I feel south carolina has a buddy buddy system in place. P. S. Whats wrong with the system...

Motel 6 — money hungry

I had work check that came late to me in mail. I couldn't get it cashed, so I ask a friend to loan me...

Motel 6 — a bunch of thieves

I been staying at the motel for awhile. I pay a pretty good amount of to stay at this motel. Until new owner...

Motel 6 — policy

This it! I have used my credit card for my children using rooms from Mi clear to Ca. Most had information and...