Complaints & Reviews

refused to rent - no reason given

I stayed at this Motel 6 location for a week, and for the most part was satisfied. There was an issue with...

retailation, harassment, hostile work enviroment, discrimanation

To: all present or past employees of accor hotel, motel 6, studio 6 or red roof inn.

I am looking into starting a class action against accor hotels, motel 6.

I was a manager and I am now waiting for the eeoc to finish up there federal investigators duties on a charge of retailation, harassment, hostile work enviroment and discrimination.

Please email me at [protected]@aol.com

Tell me your whole story, what property number, any and all info so I can put a log together.

Thanks...

they treat you like trash

I checked into the hotel, and the room heater did not work. I then, called the front desk to have them send a...

stay away

If any of you veterans out there are planning on visiting Seaside, Oregon for Veterans Day, the Motel 6 there is a pretty nice place to stay, it's economical and you can bring your pet.

But my wife and I were barred from ever staying there without any reason given. It may have been the manager is an anti-war guy and didn't like my Viet Nam Veteran license plate holder.

If you do stay there, I would really appreciate it if you would ask them about that and let me know.

unsafe

My name is Janet Robinson, my daughter and I stayed at the Motel 6 stated above. It was a frightening experience to the point where we called the police. At 3:30 in the morning the phone rang. The caller was lude and explicit about what he was going to do to us. He knew what we looked like and even when we walked our dog. This went on until 6 am. I called the front desk as earlier that day I had seen a security guard. I lodged my complaint and asked for security to come help us. The desk clerk refused, saying that I should just unplug the phone. I told her that was not possible as I have a sick sister at home. The obscene caller said he was in room 159, we were in room 156. When I told the front desk this the female clerk told me that was impossible as there was no one in that rom nor any rooms on our side. When the police came he knocked on room 159, there was a couple in that room and there was also a couple in a room right next to them who oddly vacated immediately as soon as the police car was out of sight. My daughter and I spent the night in total terror with the constant phone calls which were very threatening. Upon packing to leave we were terrified as we knew this person knew us yet we didn't know what he looked like. I have a complaint # 841945. I was told to speak to Linda the motel manager yet when I called she was not on the property. Aside from this there were holes in the wall with duct tape over them. Why have a security guard on sight when he won't come to help? No one should have to go through what we went through and not one person who worked at the motel showed an ounce of concern or care. My daughter still has not gotten over the ordeal, neither have I. It was like living in a horror movie. And we had to pay from 9/19/09 to 9/22/09 to be put through this. I hope this matter gets resolved as I am so very tempted to call an attorney for neglegence on the part of Motel 6 #0123. Respectfully, Janet Robinson

• Pi
    pinkflowers Sep 25, 2009

Wow. It sure sounds like a traumatic experience. It was strange that the motel did not send security. What kind of establishment does that.

money hungry

I drive a truck cross country and broke down on 08/16/09 and the company put the wife, dog and I up in a motel6 affiliate called studio 6 in garland, texas.I'm being reimbursed for the room but still my company is getting screwed. first it has a 49.00 plus 10.00 for the extra person and a 10.00 fee for the dog. Then because I had to pay cash they charge 25.00 refundable deposit.No big deal we are not going to tear anything up. The 10.00 fee for the dog is non refundable even though the dog is well trained. I am only 100 miles from home but did not want to drive there for our truck might not take too long to fix. So my daughter and her 4 kids (6 and under) came down to see us and spend the day. They were tired at the end of the day and had an air mattress with them, so we just blew up the air mattress and was going to have the kids sleep on that. The price said 10.00 per adult and 3.00 for each child so I tried to do the right thing and go to the office and explain that the kids were going to stay the night and offered to pay the extra 22.00 and was refused, they would have to rent an extra room or leave. My room was 60.00 plus tax with a dog fee. Their room(since they had us by the cahunas), was 79.00 plus tax without a dog and of course the 25.00 refundable deposit because it was paid with cash. I think the is shoddy business practices and will not spend another night here, I have already paid for tonight so I will stay, but don't care how many days the truck is broke down, I won't be back. Tom Boadette may leave a light on for you but it will cost you, BEWARE AMERICA. RON WEST ROOM 160

• Dl
    dlakers Aug 18, 2009

I believe it is a matter of the fire code. Regardless if they are kids or not you can not have that many people in one room.

rude staff/security/poor up-keep

This place is a zoo, children running around with no supervision, rude staff, and property that looks like a third world country. And when you BUY there internet card you are continously kicked off line.
And do not expect anything to get repared in your room, because english is not an opion.
I plan not to stay at another as long as I live.

M. Evans

poor service, attempted ripoff, dirty rooms

1. Billing-initially billed for full duration of stay ($342.67), stayed two nights at quoted rate of $59.99...

nasty loud stinky beds broke exc...

My family and I went to a wedding in tulsa 3-13-09 to 3-15-09 and it was an awful experience the rooms had bugars on the walls the bed was broken they stunk the carpets were nasty we had prank callers all through the night there were partys all night it was an expreience I will never forget. I went to the manager and complained do you think they cared... not... we had to leave the hotel and go to another one we went to a super 8 it was like walking into a mansion I am so discusted I will never go to another motel 6 again and ask everyone that reads this to do the same

sighned concernd for my health

dirty rooms dirty neddles

To whom it may concern,

I work out of town alot and was told to stay at motel 6 in florance sc. When I arived there, I took a shower, went to eat dinner and came back to my room. I went to pull the covers back and something fell on the floor. It startle me, I had steped on this object. Come to find out it was a used neddle with blood still in the neddle. I called the front desk, I wanted the manger to see it for them self. I was told they would give me a free night stay. I called the police and took them 2 hrs. To arive there. I wanted to get the neddle checked out for hiv. I was told all they could do was to despose it. Well here I sit 2 years later, no attorney in south carolina will take my case. I feel south carolina has a buddy buddy system in place. P. S. Whats wrong with the system...

• If you can sit and type your complaint two years later, it's obvious no harm came to you. So tell me, what's the big deal then? The police dealt with it and nobody got hurt. Case closed.

money hungry

I had work check that came late to me in mail. I couldn't get it cashed, so I ask a friend to loan me...

a bunch of thieves

I been staying at the motel for awhile. I pay a pretty good amount of to stay at this motel. Until new owner...

policy

This it! I have used my credit card for my children using rooms from Mi clear to Ca. Most had information and...

manager and house keeper

I honestly do not want to be a bother. I just wanted to inform you that we will be checking out of your hotel and will not ever be a guest at any motel 6 again. I have been asking politely for towels, tissue, and clean sheets for two days. I did not receive them. I saw a lady outside changing the garbage and ask her if I could please get them. She then insisted to bring the house keeper to my room. The house keeper began rolling her head raising he voice at me saying that we never ask to have our room serviced when I personally told her that we needed these items. I have had all I can take for the treatment my family and I receive here so I RECORDED THE CONVERSATION ON MY PHONE. The manager insisted on telling me that I HAVE NO COMMON SENSE, WAS TRYING TO BE A PROBLEM, WAS TRYING TO GET SOMETHING FOR FREE, AND THAT I AM A LIAR!!! I am in my right mind to take this recording to my lawyer and file a suit for discrimination being that I was just personally attacked by two of your employees just because I ask for clean towels, sheets, and toilet tissue. I very seriously doubt that anyone will take the time correct the behavior of your employees and how the guest are being treated, but if anyone ever decides to, the name of the Manager who made these comments to me is FRANCINE WALTON. We will be finishing our summer out at another hotel where is may cost more, but I'm willing to pay to be treated like a guest. I am disgusted that I have already put out all the money to stay here for nearly two months and I wish you the best of luck trying to keep this place up and running.

Sincerely,
Donna Smith.

• Em
    [email protected] Apr 14, 2011

MAM DID YOU CONTACT CORPORATE MOTEL 6 @ 1-800-4-MOTEL6. I HOPE YOU CAN GET THIS ISSUE RESLOVED.

• Em
    [email protected] Apr 17, 2011

DONNA,
    I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE I JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALIZE NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE THE SAME AND THE TREATMENT YOU HAVE RECIEVED IS UNACCEPTABLE NOT TO MENTION PLAIN RUDE . OUR GUESTS ARE THE REASON WE ARE HERE PERIOD SO GUESTS SHOULD BE TREATED JUST LIKE THAT ... A GUEST ! PLEASE DONT SHY AWAY FROM MOTEL 6 JUST FROM THIS ONE BAD EXPERIENCE PLEASE ALLOW US (STAFF)WHO FEEL THE WAY I EXPLAINED ABOVE TO SHOW YOU WHAT MOTEL 6 WE WILL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU ACTUALLY MEANS.

dirty and disgusting rooms!

When we checked in, and arrived at our room, we noticed that the bathroom was still dirty. When we pulled...

4 comments Essington Hotels

cleanliness standards and hospitality!

It was about 2:30 am on a Monday. There were no other choices because every other decent hotel was not awake...

odor in the court!

Man, I know my attorney is going to kill me but this thing is so juicy, as a citizen-journalist, I just can't stop writing about it. Besides, Accor North America holds a franchising philosophy based on fairness, honesty, trust, open communications and diversity so here goes:

My case is moving forward to jury trial in Circuit Court - this thing smells so bad, they'll have to issue gas masks to the judge & jury.

I don't want to go into detail, I'll let my very capable lawyer do that in open court but Consumer Complaint Chums consider:

1. Accor's Seaside, OR, Motel 6 Manager Judson is suing my wife for being sweet.

2. He wants to nail me for a motel owie when I wasn't even present at the time.

3. Wants to limit my First Amendment Free Speech on the Internet, which the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) says I have every right to do.

4. What else? Maybe his slick corporate lawyer will tack on the charges that I'm the Boston Strangler or kidnapped Lindberg's baby as well.

Oregonian journalist Marge Boule' - who incidentally published one of my stories - said, "It stinks"; well she's right, it does.

Bring it on; I hope it's settled before Christmas.

Richard Colbeth Jul 08, 2007

Update on my complaint against Wolf & Judson's Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6, July '07: I have filed suit in Small Claims Courts in Washington & Multnomah Counties charging Libel, Acute Emotional Distress, Breach of Contract & Violation of my substantial right of public accommodation.

Richard Colbeth Dec 02, 2007

A Lady Posted and Asked. I replied:

So sorry, Kim, I thought you were Kathey Killer Keel; between he and Striderq, there's enough odor to run a skunk off; I'm not even responding to that idiot pair's postings any more but I digress, thank you for asking about my darling' wife. She is a quiet, timid soul, my honey, the love of my life, my sweetheart; we tried to celebrate our 19th Wedding Anniversary at Seaside but Motel Manager Judson squashed those plans with his stupid Do Not Rent list; back to that later.

Once I was enjoying a warm summer afternoon in a little stream that runs by her Dad's house. She was picking flowers by the bank and I was enjoying an after dinner cigar. Well, Kim, a NO SMOKING sign floated down the creek and do you know what that shy little gal did? She insisted I put my cigar out! In the middle of the pool! I did. I've never gotten over that. Play by the rules Sandy.

She's crippled up real bad, Kim, she had tuberculosis as a child and wore braces for years; now made worse by arthritis, she can barely walk, it's very painful. Plus this whole traveler's nightmare with Motel 6 is really upsetting her.

But she endures Judson's humiliation and walk she does as she shuffles up and down the corridors of the nursing home where she's worked for over 20 years, taking care of her elderly 'babies' with compassion and the prettiest smile I've ever seen in my life. I would accept her smile as my last view of earth. They refer to her as 'Mother Teresa' at work, and rightfully so. Her co-workers are up in arms about Judson's folly and say things about him and Motel 6 I wouldn't dare utter.

Judson told the WA BBB that my bride fits his criterion of being a very nasty person. Judson's lawyer wrote her a subtle intimidation letter that scared her so bad she sobbed 'till tears dripped off her chin.

His lawyer says I hurt his client's feelings or should have known I hurt them; well, I'll tell you what, Kim, if that son-of-a-### would have insulted my wife 200 years ago like he did, he would have found himself under an elm tree at dawn in his knickers facing a dueling pistol instead of a lawsuit. 100 years ago a John Wayne type would have had him standing out in the middle of a dusty road at high noon yelling, "DRAW, POLECAT!"

Thanks for asking, I hope I answered your Q., Dick.

Richard Colbeth Apr 03, 2008

Legal Notice: I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Motel 6, ACCOR, and Manager Lee Judson.

• Cy
    cynthia adame May 26, 2008

Recently a large group of family and friends rented 9 rooms at Motel 6 2185 Southwest Loop 410 San Antonio, Texas 78227. Memorial weekend. Our service was the worst ever. For more than 6 years this same group has rented from Motel 6 and the service has progressed to the point to where we are no longer going to give them our business. Bathroom toilets were non functioning, roaches in some rooms, sheets were not changed, spiders, smoke detector hanging by wiring, no wash clothes available, a/c not working ( needless to say the temperature was 97') and to top it off the assistant manager was parked in the handicap parking space without a permit placard or license plates. None of these complaints were handled by maintenance or by management. No discount was offered but on the day we were to check out we were told we could move to another room. HELLO we are checking out!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL MOTEL 6 SEE ANY OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY! Holiday Inn is giving us group rates, breakfast and hospitalitiy next year. Memorial Day should not be so memorable!

Chicago-Dan May 25, 2009

can you call me or email me about this case and any/all other court lawsuits against ACCOR also MOTEL 6 or RED ROOF INN ?

I have a case of my own i am getting ready to file with the EEOC and then an attorney.

thank you so much. 269-873-2114 or email [email protected]

terrible service!

Frivolous? Trust me, my friend, i'm very earnest about finding out why judson first apologized to my wife and...

rebuttal

Springfield Bart is an adversarial Accor crony, I believe, and he chimed up on [redacted].com. This is my response:

I gave Springfield Bart a facetious reply to his sincere rebuttal and I apologize for that. He gave me a list of nine [redacted]s that he went to some time and effort to compile which I didn't address and with ROR's permission, I would like to:

1. /URL removed/

A horrible experience LA Kathey had (not me) when she was attacked by a pit bull held by a man talking to the desk clerk in the motel and the outrageous response she got.

2. /URL removed/

I thought the long list of guests mauled by Accor's motels calls for a Class Action lawsuit to be initiated and I still do.

3. /URL removed/

Because Motel 6' Owner/Manager and his attorney retaliated with a frivolous counter suit, I was forced to hire an attorney I can't afford or forfeit $100,000 so I issued a donation plea to help me through this travel nightmare. My Social Security check will only stretch so far.

4. /URL removed/

My story. This unbelievable, but well-documented act of treachery by a maniacal motel manager is right up there with Hitchcock's Psycho. All it needs is an Anthony Perkins, a little sex and some violence. I hope to write a book and I hope they make a movie out of it.

5. /URL removed/

This is gall also beyond belief. Motel manager violates the RICO Act, for which he and his sleazy attorney should have been arrested and maybe will yet, then ask me to post bond promising not to tell the world about their egregious conduct. Actually, I can't blame them for not wanting their conduct advertised.

6. /URL removed/

"Got a substandard room, complained, got put on Do Not Rent list. Complained about that, got sued for $100,000. Afraid to complain about that."
Right. There's no telling what this out-of-control manager/attorney pair is capable of.

7. /URL removed/

My story to Accor North America, trying desperately to find a sane voice in the organization. I said, “Motel 6 Slammed on Do Not Rent list for requesting a discount for being assigned a substandard room Seaside Oregon..."

8. /URL removed/

My story also sent to Accor HQ in France for the same reason - looking for reason in an unreasonable situation.. I think they responded to Accor HQ N.A. who probably made their usual insipid effort to resolve the matter by sending out a form letter - I've received 1/2 a dozen all saying the same thing, signed by a different Guest Relations person. If anybody ever died and made me boss of Accor's Quality Control Division (if they even have one), I'd fire the whole bunch of " Guest Relations" persons and put people in there who knew something about Customer Service. What happened, and is happening, to my wife and me is outrageous beyond belief and I think the whole world should know about it.

9. /URL removed/

I said, "I thought it was outrageous abuse of authority on Judson's part, spineless mismanagement on Accor's part and since Wolf & Judson are related, their response would be expected. And us? Our character is being defamed all over the place as Judson threatens to inform others in the hospitality industry of - whatever."
Right. Seems like a reasonable post on a Consumer Complaint site.

Bart, if you insist on Post-Bashing, I am willing to trade you Post for Post - you list mine one at a time and I will list those of other innocent travelers Motel 6 has treated horribly. I'll bet I out-post you 10 to one.

I do attest my posts were valid.

Richard Colbeth Apr 06, 2008

I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Accor, Motel 6 and/or Manager Lee Judson.

sexual paraphernalia

Motel 6 parent company Accor Hotels decided to replace the Gideon Bibles with "intimacy kits." For Accor, providing travelers with sexual paraphernalia is more important than the Bible.

If this is not O. K. with you, if you object to going to a motel with your kids and when their curiosity compels them to open a drawer and they find a sex kit in there instead of the usual Bible, sign a petition protesting this at American Family Assn - AFA.org.

Anoynmous Jan 08, 2008

I think that is a fantastic idea - far more useful than a bible ever was! Take your puritanical nonsense elsewhere, perferably somewhere far away with your little group of christi-nazi AFA members.

Richard Colbeth Apr 03, 2008

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices