Mor Furniture For Lessproduct and customer service

R

On 12 January 2018 at 15:36 hours I purchased home furnishings from MOR Furniture Bakersfield. The Sales Oscar was helpful in completing the order. The sales invoice totaled 2430.92 in reviewing the comments section of the invoice provided by the vendor There was one item #14 which was stated a floor model item which was taken at time of sale as others items to be delivered 3 February 2018.

Later that evening I was checking my Capitol one wallet as I did not receive a purchase alert, It was then noted that the item had been inadvertently charged to the wrong credit card (0512). I called the store advised them I used the wrong card and was told they could correct it. I advised I would come in the next morning.

On 13 January 2018 at 11:23 hours I met with sales associate Oscar Arellano and advised him I used the wrong card and I wished to have all items transferred to the proper card Capitol One (6716). The Sales Associate advised item #14 could not be transferred to the new card as I took possession of it already. I advised I did not think it should make any difference and I even had the item with me in case they needed it, however I was refused and credit for that item. I was then charged 2215.35. on my Card (6716). I advised if they needed my card for the credit and was told no they are not allowed to do credits only the corporate office can do them, but I was provided with a transaction report to the AR stating refund ( changed payment) The AR shows a new corrected invoice not reflecting item #14 from the original 12 January sales receipt.

Items show as follows Deposit 2215.35 12 Jan 2018 capitol one (0512)
Sale 2215.35 13 Jan 2018 capitol one (6716)
Refund 2215.35 13 Jan 2018 refund to Capitol one (0512)
Payment2215.35 13 Jan 2018 capitol one (6716)

I then received a authorization from my capitol one wallet for the charge

Approximately 21 January 2018 I received my statement later that month and noted on the (0512) the 2430.92 charge was on the statement however a 2315.35 was not credited to the account as I was told by Oscar Arellano and his manager. I called MOR corporate office and talked to a very rude office person named Bianca. She took offense of me calling and requesting a credit. I advised he of the original transaction date of the sale and the second collection of funds I have now given their store for product and her response was " Im the only person who issues credits and Im really busy" I told her I didnt care how busy she was as her delay in sending a valid credit cost me money in interest. I demanded the credit be issued by end of day and follow up with a phone call to me once the credit is issued and give me the confirmation number or I would dispute charges. She said then she would just cancel the order. I advised fine do what you want, she then contradicted herself and said she would have one of the girls try to process the credit and ended the conversation.

23 January I still had not received a call from Bianca so I contacted Capitol One and filed a dispute. Once I filed the dispute I then went for trip number 3 to MOR and talked with Oscar the sales rep again. I advised him I have called the card issuer and disputed the charges that should have already been credited. As he was trying to look up the information on their office computer and advised me the order was "dead" meaning no delivery date or not to be delivered. I advised him of her comment about canceling the order if I disputed the charge and advised him at this point in time unless I see a credit I didnt care if the item ever get delivered. He went back to talk with his supervisor and then got on the phone after 30 minute of waiting I walked out of the store he caught me in the parking lot as I was getting into my car and said they told him they were going to process the order.

25 January received a message on my phone from Bianca advising me they were issuing a credit to my card per my request January 13 capitol one (0512)

25 January 2018 received a text message advising delivery of items I advised ok original date was 3 Feb 2018 per the MOR contract.

27 January 2018 items delivered per the invoice the sofa love seat and chair were to be delivered and set up the other items were to be sent packaged to be sent to another location MOR does not serve. The other items sofa table coffee table side table were delivered assembled and sent back. There were some noted defects and it was brought to the delivery teams attention. They advised to contact the customer service line and they would take care of it. And left. In regards to items sent back they would contact me at a later date

27 January I received a email regarding the experience I responded back explaining the horrific process this has been, assuming I would receive a call back so I could advise them of my other problems. Never heard back

2 February 2018 received message regarding additional items to be delivered on 5 Feb, was also contacted by phone that they may have to cancel deliver and reorder as the items were assembled. They also were concerned that I was charged for assembly when having delivered items unembarrassed.

5 February 2018 items delivered, I later contacted customer service via email advising I have issues with the items delivered the week earlier.

6 February 2018 received call from MOR customer service [protected] at 14:56 hours advising a service Tech would be dispatched to look and defects.

7 February 2018 MOR customer service inspected furniture and noted items defective and needed to be replaced. I signed his ticket as proof he was there and noting the verbiage "defect" and "defective" on his work order. He advised I should receive a call within a few days to advise when they would bring replacement items.

I received no further contact from the MOR stores regarding the defective product. At this point in time I have defective furniture and no offering of replacement. What makes this even worse is that When it was sold the sales staff said it was leather with exception of back and some minor areas not normally touched by the user. The customer service representative said it was not leather but a ok quality product and should have a life expectancy of 3-5 years. This was not what I was told the items where and also the quality was very misrepresented. I had to make multiple trips and phone calls to correct their inefficient way of conducting business. I do feel my family and myself have been damaged and I am considering contacting council for their assistance.