Menu

E
Author of the complaint
3:03 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This Carpet is the worst! We had just bought our first home and put in $4000.00 worth of Mohawk Carpet. We were told at Lowe's that this is really good carpet. It looked nice there and felt nice as well. Their sign said it was tough enough for kids, which was good because we have two boys and it was pet friendly which we have a dog. It was also suppose to not show stains which we wanted! Lowe's sold us on this Carpet. We had it installed about 1 month after we moved in our house on October 13th 2011. So November we had our new carpet and it seemed really nice. It was around March when we realized we was getting a bald spot right in the middle of our living room. All the carpet strains kept coming out. We contacted Lowe's immediately and they filed a claim with the company. The company sent out a independent inspector to look at it and write a report. The company denied our claim stating it was related to our carpet cleaner and our dog. We had a name brand carpet cleaner, Bissell and our dog never messed with the carpet. It ended up that Lowe's paid for part of our carpet and the company ended up paying for the rest after Lowe's kept on them for a good while. So we had the new carpet installed which was the same kind of carpet. This was probably around May that it was installed. Within 1 months we began to see our seems coming apart. So I called the installers and they came to fix them, however it ended up being the carpet coming apart from the bottom of the carpet, the matting I guess. So we filed yet another claim. Once again the company has denied our claim. Lowe's said there is nothing else they can do and that they will give us a discount off of new flooring if we wish. I am now stuck with crappy carpet from a company that does not stand behind their warrenty! My carpet looks dirty and worn only after a few months and it's all coming apart. I paid $4000.00 for this and it lasted less then one year! I have two kids and do not have money to replace $4000.00 worth of flooring after a year. This company is horrible and I wish I would of never bought their carpet! I am a mother just trying to provide a nice home for my children and companies like Mohawk doesn't care! Don't buy this Carpet!

View 0 more photos
Update by erpanp2010
Oct 07, 2012 2:42 pm

I agree with you. Ours did the same thing and they wouldn't replace it or anything. This is the second time in less then a year we have had defective carpet from them. This carpet is very expensive and totally not worth it!

View 0 more photos