Mitchum Cool Dry and Gel Deodoranthorrible products!

P

They took the place of the powder fresh ~ bad move! the cool dry (like sandpaper) and gel (makes you wet for hours) are horrible products and the powder fresh (when you could find it) was fabulous!!! I would buy a case of the powder fresh if I could find it... the other stuff is garbage! I have been a loyal customer for more than 15 years...

Beware!

Sincerely,
Pamela.

• Updated by Leslie Palmer · Mar 19, 2019

Please contact me for my refund

Marla Bateson Feb 13, 2007

I'm trying to find out where I may purchase the solid Mitchum product. My son had such a body odor until I introduced him to Mitchum. I have been using Mitchum for years and love it.

The biggest problem is, he and I to prefer the solid to the gel. It last longer and neither of us have been unable to find any place that carries the solid.

I realize the gel is a new product but why not offer both to your loyal customers. Do we not count or do we have to take what you give? That may hurt your business when the consumers' is no longer valued!

I trust you will help me out here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this input and question.

Marla Bateson

• Cy
    Cynthia Buckman Jul 06, 2007

I have used Mitchum products for years. Lately I have noticed all my white tops are turned yellow in this arm pit. I wore a brand new top of periwinkle blue and it took all the color out of the arm pits. I noticed when packing my sweater away for the winter, it has taken the color out of them also. The exact brand I have used is Mitchum for Women Clear Gel, Shower Fresh.

• Da
    dawn Reiland Sep 09, 2007

I just purchased for women Mitchum Cool Dry unscented Invisible Solid and it is the hardest things I ever tried to apply, it crumbles all over the place, and is very hard. I have used this product before and never had these kind of troubles, any ideas smb?

• Vi
    Vivia Beinart Sep 26, 2007

I have been using Mitchum for Women Shower Fresh Clear Gel for a number of years and have loved the product. A few months ago, for the first time since I've used Mitchum, I noticed that I could smell my underarm perspiration. Having recently changed my diet to become healthier, I could not understand what was going on. I generally drink 2 or more litres of water a day which should be a good thing. The weather has also not been hot. I was convinced that my body was trying to tell me something. Then yesterday, I visited a friend and saw that she had taken my advice and was also using Mitchum for Women Shower Fresh Clear Gel (she previously used the Mitchum for Women roll-on). I asked her how she finds the product and was amazed to hear that she has been smelling her underarm perspiration too. Surely this can't be a co-incidence (I hadn't yet mentioned the subject)? I'm beginning to wonder whether a particular batch was faulty? I recently finished the 'ineffective' product and started a new one ... and it seems to be working properly again. I'm really puzzled. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Oh, and I want to contact the consumer services to speak to them, but can't find a local contact number or email address. It only has USA details. I live in South Africa. Who should I contact? Any ideas?

• Li
    Linda V Sep 12, 2009

This product has stained and ruined several items of my clothing.

• Ne
    nelisa ngonini Feb 15, 2011

good day i bought mitchum roll (shower fresh) on at clicks stores in south africa to my surprise the bottle was half empty, i went to the same store where i bought it and all the roll-ons were half empty. are all the 50ml half empty?? can you kindly forward the contact details i am in south africa

kind regards
    nelly

• Ly
    Lynne G Aug 04, 2011

I was looking for a replacement deodorant due to the fact that I was using a roll-on product that left my clothes with a white powder residue on it. I decided to purchased Mitchum Power Gel sensitive skin for women and it turned out to be horrifically worse! The application of it was fine however, after it had dried it proceeded to crumble and flake in mass quantity not only leaving the sides of my black top largely covered in what resembled a grated gel candle but discoloured my skin a matt white! It continued to do this for about an hour regardless of the multiple times I brushed the 'crumbs' off my clothes and tried to remove the product from my skin. Disgusting.

Margaret Hurter Mar 04, 2012

MITCHUM ADVANCED INVISIBLE SOLID. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE IT IS HARD AND SIMPLY CRUMBLES. I CAN NOT RETURN TO CLICKS AS I DID NOT KEEP THE TILL SLIP. SHOULD NOT OF BEEN ON THE SHELF.

sussy_n Oct 03, 2012

I too am experiencing odour using the gel, which I never used to before. Please, if you have changed the formula, change it back!!!

• Ca
    candice p Jul 21, 2014

i bought the spray and the can was faulty, and i waisted my money so then I went to buy the gel... which makes me stink????? so please help as i would like to know what will be done about the faulty can???? and now i have to sit with the gel which makes me stink??????

• Nt
    ntokozo_g Sep 28, 2014

hi, i have started using mithcum 3 weeks ago, and i must confess that i am not pleased with the product. when i use in the morning while the temperatures are cool, i don't sweat under my arms and it dries up quickly, but now when i use during the day when the temperatures are hot, i just sweat under my arms and its so irritating, though there is no bad odour, i just hate the wet armpits.

Joy Not Oct 23, 2014

I will not be buying any Mitchum anti-perspiration again. I use the roll on and it is not working. In fact I stink more with it on! A friend of mine is having the same experience. I also live in South Africa - Durban! - and have found it extremely frustrating not to be able to contact a local customer-care service. If Mitchum has changed the formula or a bad batch was distributed to SA, you have lost me as a consumer. I am not prepared to pay premium price for bottled sweat!

• Ge
    george one Feb 18, 2015

What Is with the warts in my armpits. Thanks Mitchum. Thanks for nothing.

• Fa
    Faizel ctn Mar 13, 2015

Just had enough of this messy runny gel stick. Messing all over the place. What is it with not even being able to get hold of Mitchum..and we must pay top dollar for there product. At the time when it was a perfect product I did not mind paying good money for it. Now... I am sorry.. they will have to come to the party and either replace it the old formula or refund all our money for the last 12 to 24 months. Not to mention the clothing that got messed up over the years. Mitchum. a no reply from you at all the previous complaint just mean you don't care at all. So another loyal customer of your product will no longer invest in your company...unless you comment on this page and explain what went wrong and explain how this issue will be resolved.

Mary Farrell May 17, 2016

I have been using Mitchum for many years, the solid white anti perspirant(now not available) using the gel. I was horrified when my brand new shirt
    was ruined under the armpits due to total discolouration (bleached). My daughter read the label with ingredients and I was even more horrified to find out it contains Hydrogen Peroxide ! Let alone the embarrassment suffered in public.

• Th
    Thornberry Aug 20, 2018

Recently purchased this product triple odor defence deodorant . The nozzle is not working . So i cant use product . Looking for email can't seem to find one.

• Am
    Amanda Louise Tomlinson Aug 20, 2018

As a long time user of Mitchum deoderant I am extremely disappointed that the aerosol I bought last week is now unable to be used due to the cap / nozzle no longer pressing down - and a virtually FULL can of deoderant being wasted. Mitchum isnt the cheapest deoderant, and it has now put me off buying Mitchum in the future.

• Ro
    Robin Mac Sep 01, 2018

the powder fresh mitchum 48 hr protection container, quit working after 2 uses...this is the 2nd time I purchased this product, a waste of money

I have used Mitchum for many years and I am very disappointed in their product.

nov 20-2017

Suzanne xx Oct 15, 2018

This us the 5th Soray can Ive bought abd the Spray Mechanism does NOT work...
    Its do annoying. Everytime It does not work Whereever I buy from The cans do noy spray ... please Do something

• Je
    Jen50 Nov 19, 2018

Very messy, seeps to top without even turning the dial. Wasteful. Bought a double pack, will not use again

janieoerr1 Feb 25, 2019

two of the spray cans I bought stop spraying . I cleaned the nozzle and that did not help. The second can has done the same thing. The actual deodorant is not coming even though the spray is coming out.

• Le
    Leslie Palmer Mar 27, 2019

I bought 2 they stop working half way thru.Purchased on or about 3/1/2019
    Went to harmon drugs where I purchased it and they would not replace it.
    I can be contacted at
    [email protected]

This product is terrible it doesn't spray only works for half of the time. Please contact me and replace it i have 2

jackie sanderson Jun 20, 2019

Hi, I bought this deodorant used it once or twice now it won't work can you se d me a new one and I will return this as I didn't keep the receipt thank you

• Ju
    Judy marks Jul 13, 2019

Don't get me wrong I love Mitchum solid not the gel so much. But it breaks off all the time and I feel like I'm loosing product that isn't cheep. When I open it sometime it just crumbles it's not hard it's still soft to use. Is there anything I can do to stop this issue.

Susan Nicholls Aug 10, 2019

have purchased several of these, great mens deodrant but a few of them will not spray at all, really disappointed, such a waste of money .

SarahO40 Aug 25, 2019

It's my first time using the product and I really like it however I'm not sure if my can is faulty. I bought two cans and even when you can tell there's still quite a bit in it they just won't spray...feels like a waste

• Me
    Meniscus Oct 26, 2019

This product claims to leave no white mark but it appears to have ruined my new shirt. I just arrived at work and looked down to see what look like bleach marks all under the arms. What compensation do you offer? Not happy. Can you please get back to me as this seems to be severely misleading advertising.

• Ki
    Kirsty Mallinson Nov 09, 2019

Hi
    I have recently ordered some deodorant and there was a fault with the ball on the bottle.

After trying to apply the deodorant several times the lid has now come off and spilt all over my carpet

Barcode no 30997-5122-11

Regards
    Kirsty

• Tr
    Tracey Roddis Dec 25, 2019

I bought this item from a local supermarket and now unable to use it as the spray element won't work and it is a full bottle. This is asking for 350 words but it is a simple complaint so I am unsure what else to write, this is money wasted and I would like a refund!

• Az
    azalia silva Dec 28, 2019

Hi im a dedicated purchaser for this certain brand and mom of 6 i feel refreshed/worry free protected.but my last 2 purchases i have noticed the ones that i buy are broken bars+the nob doesnt work at all so whats happening please respond...

• Ke
    Kerrie King Jan 05, 2020

I have a massive swollen rash under my arm pit that is very painful i have no allergies after using your deodorant for 2 weeks.

• We
    Wendy Saric Mar 07, 2020

Bought product, went to use under arm and noticed I had cut myself. I then looked at the bottle and noticed it had a piece of shape platic sticking up from the rim. Can't use now.

Wendy Saric

• Li
    lindsey ward May 04, 2020

I'm very disappointed that this is the fifth time I've had to complain about this deodorant I've purchased. I've gone to turn the top to use and nothing comes out. The deodorant is not cheap and this time I find myself so annoyed I am seeking recompense. I'd be grateful if you could get back to me asap regarding this. Many Thanks

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices