Complaints & Reviews

terrible! they don't stand behind their work!

I had them rebuild a manual transmission and new seals installed in a transfer case. Afterwards, the...

diagnosis and repair or replacement of a 2003 chevy silverado 1500.

Called Mr transmission in Madison Tn and asked about fixing my vehicle. Talked to the owner who runs it. He...

transmission

Stay away from Antoine location in Houston, Texas!!!
They had my daughters car for 13 weeks! They made her prepay to take the car.
It was a run around for 13 weeks. Lie after lie after lie.
Today we sat in the shop for 4 hrs. We were not leaving until we got the car. We were not the only hot customers demanding their car either. One was an HPD officer. They are also operating under 2 names. They owners phone was not working.
I have never experienced liars like this group. It is a family run business. Father, son and his wife. Con artist. They use a cell phone, no business line in the place. The son was dropping F bombs at me! They do not have any capital to buy parts or basics. We had to go out to buy their parts. They collected her money in advance too.
I rate them an F-! Next morning car not running!

Speed sensor, gasket put on pan

Nightmare service experience

Avoid avoid avoid! I brought my 2007 cadillac dts in to mr. Transmission for repairs. People please don't waste your time getting your vehicle service here... You will regret it.
Trust me. This is what happened….

Check this out… I had previously posted this same review and I received a call from mr. Transmission begging me to remove the review. They offered me money to remove the review. (Peope this is how shady they are) after I removed the review. They did not give the small partial refund on my funds. Isn’t thad dirty? Do you really even want to deal with such a repair facility? Do yourself a favor take your car to the dealer. You will come out cheaper

Shad tree mechanics
Fly by night!

My cadillac was supposed to have had the speed sensor changed and gasket installed on the transmission pan. They claimed to have found shavings in the transmission. Less than two days after the repairs the car was inoperable again. We called them asking to bring the car back in to have them check the work they performed. They refused to look at the care again. The said “ we told you the transmission needed us to tear it down" they were so rude and nasty. We just wanted them to make good on the repairs that they had just done. Maybe the parts they installed was faulty or something. We were left out in the cold.

After this horrible experience we took the car to crest cadillac within a day they replace the faulty speed sensor that mr. Transmission installed. Crest cadillac suspected that the sensor might not have been ever changed because the original was still on the car and it hadn't been changed. Mr. Transmission also left the transmission fluid very low because $40.00 worth of trans fluid had to be added. Crest cadillac also changed the shifter. Further crest cadillac found in their inspection that two wires had been rubbed raw and was touching body of car. Mr. Transmission found none of they issues, failed to properly fill the car and it's highly questionable if they actually changed the speed sensor. When I confronted them about their terrible work. They hung the phone up on me and when I called back they talked to me very nasty like I was a dog or something. Please don't take yourself through this agony. Dont bring your car to mr transmission.
They wont make good on anything. Be warned be warned warned.

Speed sensor, gasket put on pan

Mr Transmission

[Resolved] Bad service

Transmission troubles. The last thing I needed was the first thing to go. I brought my 2014 ford escape in...

Unethical behavior

My transmission went out in my car on 6/24/2015. My husband was looking on internet to find someone to fix it. Gave me the web site www.montgomerytransmissionrepair.com So I looked it up said Magnolia and I live in Tomball so that wouldn't be that far from me. Well guess what that is not there real location!!! Go figure the real location is 5342 Antoine Houston, TX which is 21 miles from where I live. I didn, t mind that I had to pay upfront but I thought my car was going to be fixed. I didn't get it back until July 6th. That was because even though I paid upfront and explianed to them I was going to be on a cruise and would not be able to pick up car and proceeded to give them my husbands number to contact him and have the car picked up. Did they do that no-no-no proceeded to call my phone and leave several messages that it was done. When I got back listened to all messages and found my car not picked up. So I proceeded to call company on Monday to get directions for my car. This is when I found out it was 21 miles from my home. I was upset because I had to let the person taking me to get my car know that it was on the other side of town and I would gladly pay gas money after paying to much for a nonworking transmission. I tried to take the car to same company on Spring Cypress and they would not honor the warranty. I was speaking with the person they put in charge of the shop when the owner who knew nothing about what was going on chimed in rudely to say I need to send it back to the other shop. When I called the other shop and explained to them how they deceived me and I could not drive my car that far they proceeded to tell me towing was not covered under warranty. I was deceived by the web site and do not believe I should have to pay for towing. My insurance pays upto 11 miles so now I have to pay for the other miles that are not covered. I will be posting my bad situation to everyone I know the faster this company goes down the faster i get a good nights sleep. I can not believe this is how companies are ran. I now know I need to go back to my Mechanic who probably not specializing in transmissions but would probably make sure that the job gets done right. It is now 9/22/2015 and I don, t have a car. Thanks alot for nothing

Warranty blackmail

"fixed" my transmission by rebuilding it at a cost of $3, 790. The transmission failed with in 23 miles. They...

horrible service

My husband took his truck in for transmission repairs, they had his truck for 2 months before they even fixed...

Bad service

I called several Transmission place to get a quote on my repair, I contacted Mr Transmission in Ft Walton Beach Fl, Only to hear them slamming another company that I went to as for example, They will over charge You, Won't work right, and a THIEF. I therefore decided to go with Mr Transmission due to the fact I'm from Sioux Falls South Dakota.

I brought my vehicle to McGee shop for them to test drive it and take a better look at it only to get a phone call back saying it will cost me anywhere from [protected] dollars. I then told him to proceed with the tear down. Upon tear down he contacted me and told me it was going to cost me just about 2600.00 and I was flabbergasted by that. I told him go ahead and repair the transmission. I recived the vehicle back on the 2nd of June. Paid in FULL CHECK. Took my family and my mother to orlando for theme park Fun. Drove 463 miles only to come to find out that I started having problem again. Contacted MCGee in Ft Walton Beach and He informed me to drive it to Altonote Spring, which is about approx 40 miles from where I was staying. On the 7th of June I met with Ruth at Mr Transmission and she informed me it will be a bit, I went to get a rental vehicle from avis, which I only kept for 3hrs due to Ruth telling me the vehicle was fixed. She claimed the computer was bad. So I went to Ford and purchased a new computer or a reman brought it back to Ruth, installed it and she said that I was good to Go. Took the car back to the rental place, which closes at 6pm it was 5:59pm when I dropped it off. Got a ride back Left Mr Transmission at 6:30 only to drive 4 miles down the road, broken down.

Contacted Ruth in Altanote Spring to informed her the vehicle is not moving and that I'm on the Highway along the side of the road. She said She'll have a tow truck there shortly, approx, 8:45 The tow truck arrived took me and the vehicle back to the shop only to find myself stranded. I asked ruth how am I suppose to get back to Kissimee Where my family is, She stated I QUOTE, ITS YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY I'VE GOT TO GO TO THE GYM. I was applaud my her action. I therefor walked to Orlando International airport to rent a vehicle only to get back to my family at 1 or 2 in the am. The next day Drove to Altanote Spring, Talked to Ruth and He contacted McGee which is in control of the situation due to the fact its his warranty. I was informed that it will take a bit of time to fix it that they would have to pull the tranny out. She then told me that We My Mother and I could not hang around. Therefore. My mother and I rented two vehicle one for her to drive back home to Mary Ester Fl. and One for me to drive my family to the airport to fly home. As Ruth said it would be a week, before it would be done.

Took off for the airport on the June 10th had to purchase airline tickets for four kids and two adults totaling approx 978.00. I purchased a round trip ticket and set my return date on the 16th of June. During this time I contacted corporate out of Phoenix Az only for them to tell me they can't do much other then arbitrate and speed up the process. Did not recv any phone calls from Ruth or the Corp, office. I flew on in to orlando on the 16th rented another vehicle got a hotel for the night due to the fact I arrived late in the eve.

Met up with Ruth in Altonate Spring to see my vehicle in the parking lot. She said to me didn't anyone call You, and I told her NO. and Why She stated that my vehicle was not fix. And that she thinks the wiring harness or the computer is bad.

I was mad. Like why didn't anyone tell me, So... I suggested why don't we separate the computer from the tranny and test it.

The Tech... Jamie Hooked up a device called the trans X and came to conclusion that the problem is in the tranny. I was really mad They told me that they tore the tranny apart the on Monday and Put it back in Tuesday or Wedesday and they mention that there was nuttin wrong with the parts. other then bad clutch plates due to the spinning of the clutches. So... MCGEE FT Walton Beach was contacted again, and they persisted that I drive the vehicle back to Ft Walton Beach under the condition of the vehicle and I told them No I wasn't taking a chance on getting stranded. So. Again I left for Sioux Falls SD 18th due to the fact that they were going to have to pull it apart.

During this time, they have been pulling the codes on the vehicles. before the computer was replaced or the PCM, the following codes followed.

2. P0734 Gear 4 incorrect ratio
3. P1741 TCC control error.
4. Secondary fan Low with Low Fan on
After the computer or Pcm was replaced here are the codes
2. P0734 Gear 4 incorrect ratio

I flew back home and had day to day conversation with corporate office, and told me that the vehicle is ready to be picked up soon, that they are taking it for a test drive on the Monday before I leave. That day is the June 26th. I contacted Ruth later that day to assure that my vehicle is ready for pick up and she said COME ON DOWN.

Arrived in Orlando met up with Ruth in ALTNONTA Spring She rest assured me that the vehicle is good to go, I asked her to go with me on a test drive but she insisted that she had other things to do before close up. When I was also speaking with her, she told me that I've a problem with the O 2 sensor and I liked well didn't have that before I left why now. She stated its not part of the tranny so therefore she not gonna take care of it. In order to pull the tranny You have remove the exhaust manifold and replace it with a new gasket.

Got in my vehicle drove three blocks called her and said You JOKING My VEHICLE READY... Still same old thing Not working hard shift no shift delay of shift the same ball of wax. I decided to press forward in to Ft Walton Beach knowing that I would or could break down, It took me about 12 hrs to drive 463 miles. contacted McGee drove it to them test drove it and they said yeah got a problem bring it back in the am and We'll get on it. Before I brought it to them I took my vehicle to FORD to have the PCM Old and the New one tested Have a document stating that the PCM ARE GOOD THE PROBLEM IS IN THE TEANNY.

Brought it to McGee and He Took it for a ride only to say that the problem seems to be with the computer, well, I told him hate to rain on your parade had them tested and they are OK, the problem is Your Tranny. I demanded my money back he refused. I Run a business in South Dakota at which time has been closed to this date. I've lost thousands of dollars, Contacted Corporate and they are just plain no useful. I was threaten by McGee if I took the vehicle off the lot that they would void my warranty. I told him and insisted that they give me my money or I'll file a complaint against them to the Dept Of Agriculture and he threaten me again and stated get off my property or I'll have You arrested I told him go ahead call the police you just much a crook then anything. Till this day my vehicle is still in the shop, Lost out on the 4th of July company Picnic that i throw, My family, and the lost of our money from the Trip to the theme Park. Its been over a month and my vehicle still to this day is not fixed. I talked to corporate today the 3rd of July only to tell me that they have the tranny now pulled.
Tired... Disgusted... and Appalled by there action. Don't care about us Ignored us when we were speaking to him.

And We'll be bringing the sheriff when We're picking up our vehicle. and Gonna give them all the publicity that they want.

Total amount of money I'm out from this minus time lost at work and income is approx 5300.00.

Alan Polson : Con-Artist, Manipulation, Deceitful

My husband's truck was jerking a bit, so my husband took his Ford truck to Mr. Transmission in Duluth...

fraud

I brought my 2001 dodge RAM to Mr transmission because my reverse wouldn't work. They adjusted the bands and charged me $565.00 and it worked. The next morning I started my truck and it wouldn't reverse. I took it back to Mr transmission or as I call it Mrs. Transmission. They told me it needed to be rebuilt so the $565 I paid only gave me reverse for a day. I had them rebuild it. The cost was $2800. I left the shop and got on the hwy. I noticed the overdrive wouldn't work. I went back and they told me they didn't rebuild the overdrive section of my trans. They fixed the OD problem for $360. I kept having problems with my reverse. I had brought the truck to their shop at least ten times during the 20000 km warrenty. When it broke for the 11th time my warranty was just over so I thought they would help me out due to all the trouble they caused me. They rebuilt it again and used old pan gasket and charged me $2800 again. So I spent over$6000 to have a leaky trans and my reverse is gone again. I bought a, rebuilt trans and I'm changing it myself. Thanks for taking my money Mr transmission. They don't even know how to install a trans cooler. My friends car blew up because they didn't run it through the rad first. Lol. Go to mrtransmissionsucks.com to see more stories.

Rip OFF

Barbra Moran 4444 W. 147th St. Midlothian, IL 60445 Dear Barbra I want to inform you of the incidents with...

Beware consumers

I took my 2002 Ford F-350 in because I was having problems with it, when i found out what was wrong I told them to drop in a new ford tranny, Wally told me he would rebuild it with heavy duty parts and he would give me a 40km warranty. Within a week the reverse went and they repaired that saying the OD plates were gone and a pressure valve wasn't working right. At approx 35k the tranny went out. New owner won't warranty because I put a chip in it "What" the hay the chip was in it when we went there for the first tranny because I re-set it to factory so he could check the electronics, but now he doesn't own it and can't "remember" me having a chip.What a run around I will be putting a consumer beware ad in the news paper, they can't sue you for the truth. CONSUMER BEWARE MISTER TRANSMISSION IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO TAKE YOUR CAR TRUCK SUV OR SCOOTER CAUSE THEY WILL *** AND THE JOB WILL BE SCREWED UP!!!

• Je
    Jerry hess Apr 01, 2012

I have never been lied to, and cheated asMr. Transmission did to me in my 60 yrs.A simple throttle body gasket [2 dollar] cost me1, 700.00 dollars .I told them it was an electrical problem.They sent me home with the problem I came with.except 1, 700.00 dollars less The manager told me he installed a shift kit, and i had a bullit proof transmission.I took a look under the car when i got home. I saw why my check engine light was on They had left the oxygen sensor and knock sensor wires laying on the exhaust .I replaced 4 oxygen [email protected] cost of 200.00 dollars.I pulled the throttle body off and found a bad gasket That lttle gasket cost me 1900.00 dollars.That business of ripoffs need to be checked on and set up by professionals.This is just a small version of the way I was lied to and cheated.By the way, replace the bolts that are harder to get to.they can't seem to find them.I could go on and on.Beware all consumers.

Repair nightmare

Mr. Transmission Chamblee Atlanta Transmission REPAIR NIGHTMARE. BEWARE Transmission sensor not reattached, bolt left off transmission clamp - found laying under windshield wiper, never checked other possibilities for leaks as they said they would and that could have caused or attributed to the initial problem of rear main seal leak. Job had to be redone by another transmission shop after new seal began leaking on day one and then profusely leaking by day 3 after arriving in Florida. General Manager, Perry Rogers, and company owner refused to acknowledge culpability and denied refund citing warranty claims that redo work had to be done by Mr, T. or one of their affiliates which there are none in S. Florida. A total scam from beginning to end ...absolutely pitiful work and business practices!

Mr. Transmission is aweful

The transmission in my car started going out last fall. I took it to the dealership first and they quoted me $5200 for a brand new one. I called and talked to someone at Mr. Transmission. They said bring it by and we'll take a look. And so I did. They originally quoted me $1800 to rebuild it. So I gave them the go ahead. Two weeks later, when I hadn't heard anything from them, I called to check on the progress. They informed me that additional parts and services would be needed to complete the job and the new quote was $4800. I told them I wasn't interested anymore at which time they told me that I owed them the original $1800 regardless. I had them go ahead an finish.

Then one morning a lady left me a message telling me if do not come pay my bill immediately I was going to be charged a $30/day storage fee from the day I dropped it off. Keep in mind my car wasn't even finished. I was outraged and went by the shop. The man informed me that I was supposed to pay the bill upfront. When I told him that no one told me that, the man raised his voice with me and became very rude (in front of his child mind you).

Since the car has been finished we have had to take it in 3 times, each time it was leaking transmission fluid. This final time I took it to the other location because obviously the original shop isn't doing something right. I dropped it off and they told me they would look at it. After a few hours they called me to tell me they had found another leak, but I would have to take it to the original place that worked on it. After calling the corporate office and going through a huge ordeal, they finally agreed to work on it. They had it for 6 days. When I went to pick it up they told me not to bring it back to them. The only reason I went to this place to begin with was because of the NATION WIDE warranty.

Calling the corporate office is a nightmare in itself. No one answers. It's a voicemail that picks up. After leaving 3 messages, someone finally called back and was rude and not cooperative at all. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO MR. TRANSMISSION!!!

• Mr
    MR TRANSMISSION-TYLER TX Jan 24, 2011

I’m a senior citizen, and I’m taking the time out to let anyone know that I wish that I had checked this site out, before choosing MR TRANSMISSION of Tyler, TX for my Transmission repair. I was told that they had all factory trained employees, but apparently the factory never trained them in common business practices or ethics.
    My vehicle was damaged when Mr TRANSMISSION of Tyler Texas, loaded it on their trailer and brought it to their shop. They agreed to pay for the damages, apprx ($840.00) they claimed that the part was on order, they claimed it would be here in two weeks. It has been over 3 months, and 20-30 phone calls later and not one return phone call not one. They also claimed that I had a one year warranty on my transmission, well I guess we all know that’s a joke
    J-TYLER TEXAS

Failed to honor warranty

December 11, 2007 our car was brought into Mr Transmission for repair. We purchased a 36 month/ 50, 000 mile warranty he offered us on the repair. We brought the car back for the check that he required but did not receive any paper work. We asked him at that time if the warranty would work in other states as we knew at that point that the car would be moving to California. He said that there were Mr. Transmissions in California and they would honor the warranty and do any work for free. Well the transmission needs a repair for $755.00 dollars and he will not honor his warranty in fact if we pay the repair we will only have a 30 day warranty on the repair. Rob in Newport News claims first of all that he can't find the paperwork. Then he claims that the company will not honor the warranty without the paperwork and that his hands are tied. When we talk with other locations and the head office they tell us that the warranty is through Rob's business and should be honored by them. Rob claims he always has paperwork and yet has none in this case even though at first he recalls talking with us. By the end of our conversations he claims can never remember clients even though we have brought several vehicles and business to him. When we reveal that the company is not saying he cannot honor his warranty without paper work and that several other Mr. Transmissions claim it is up to him then he changes his story that his personal administration will not honor the warranty without paper work. BEWARE OF THIS MR. TRANSMISSION! Changed stories and refusal to honor warranty is it worth doing business with such dishonesty?

• Au
    auto.ind.watchdog/writer Mar 02, 2011

"We are having the same kind of problem where the car was brought in for regular check-up so insure that the warranty regulations were met only to find out after we moved out of state that he kept no records of the check-ups and now they refuse to honor the warranty", , , , this statement was made by this same individual on another web site. im curious why you failed to omit this info as it clearly pertains to records you are required to keep. any new car owner is familiar with this as it has been an industry standard that you cannot drive your vehicle without proper maint. and records of such until it stops working. so to recap you do indeed have a reciept that clearly spells your responsibilities. it is unfortunate that you were negligent in performing these necessary duties but that does not and will not translate into a store compensating for your lack of maintenance on your vehicle...automotive ind. watchdog lead columnist.

unfair trade prectice

This company took my daughter's car into their shop telling her that it would take three days to repair. Her transmission was jerking. They picked the car up and told her the price would be 1, 300 dollars to repair. They picked the car up at about 11 am that monday and on the day after they said it was repaired but would cost 2, 500 dollars. We drove the car for three days and the same problem. Either they put some quick fix product in it that used car dealers use to get the car off the lot after getting your money or the car just sat there for a couple of days and they called back saying it is fixed. They stole 2.500 from my daughter, She is a young person just starting out and cannot afford to lose this extra money. It was a s tretch for her to come up with the 1, 300 dollars. To add fuel to the fire, when she got the car back there was a huge scratch on the hood of the car. These people need to be put out of business.

Thiefs

I called several Transmission place to get a quote on my repair, I contacted Mr Transmission in Ft Walton Beach Fl, Only to hear them slammin another company that I went to as for example, They will over charge You, Won't work right, and a THIEF. I therfore decided to go wtih Mr Transmission due to the fact I'm from Sioux Falls South Dakota.
I brought my vehicle to McGee shop for them to test drive it and take a better look at it only to get a phone call back sayin it will cost me anywhere from [protected] dollars. I then told him to proceed with the tear down. Upon tear down he contacted me and told me it was going to cost me just about 2600.00 and I was flabergasted by that. I told him go ahead and repair the transmission. I recv the vehcile back on the 2nd of June. Paid in FULL CHECK. Took my family and my mother to orlando for theme park Fun. Drove 463 miles only to come to find out that I started havin tranny problem again. Contacted MCGee in Ft Walton Beach and He informed me to drive it to Altonote Spring, which is about approx 40 miles from where I was staying. On the 7th of June I met with Ruth at Mr Transmission and she informed me it will be a bit, I went to get a rental vehicle from avis, which I only kept for 3hrs due to Ruth telling me the vehicle was fixed. She claimed the computer was bad. So I went to Ford and purchased a new computer or a reman brought it back to Ruth, installed it and she said that I was good to Go. Took the car back to the rental place, which closes at 6pm it was 5:59pm when I dropped it off. Got a ride back Left Mr Transmission at 6:30 only to drive 4 miles down the road, broken down.
Contacted Ruth in Altanote Spring to informed her the vehicle is not moving and that I'm on the Highway along the side of the road. She said She'll have a tow truck there shortly, approx, 8:45 The tow truck arrived took me and the vehicle back to the shop only to find myself stranded. I asked ruth how am I suppose to get back to Kissimee Where my family is, She stated I QUOTE, ITS YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY I'VE GOT TO GO TO THE GYM. I was appaud my her action. I therefor walked to Orlando International airport to rent a vechile only to get back to my family at 1 or 2 in the am. The next day Drove to Altanote Spring,
During this time I contacted corporate out of Phoenix Az only for them to tell me they can't do much other then arbitrate and speed up the process. Did not recv any phone calls from Ruth or the Corp, office. I flew on in to orlando on the 16th rented another vehcile got a hotel for the night due to the fact I arrived late in the eve.
Met up with Ruth in Altonate Spring to see my vehicle in the parking lot.
She said to me didn't anyone call You, and I told her NO. and Why
I was mad. Like why didn't anyone tell me, So... I suggested why don't we seperate the computer from the tranny and test it.
The Tech... Jamie Hooked up a device called the trans X and came to conclsion that the problem is in the tranny. I was really mad They told me that they tore the tranny apart the on Monday and Put it back in Tuesday or Wedesday and they mention that there was nuttin wrong with the parts. other then bad clutch plates due to the spinning of the clutches. So..
During this time, they have been pullin the codes on the vehicles. before the computer was replaced or the PCM, the following codes followed.
2. P0734 Gear 4 incorrect ratio
3. P1741 TCC control error.
4. Secondary fan Low with Low Fan on
After the computer or Pcm was replaced here are the codes
2. P0734 Gear 4 incorrect ratio
I flew back home and had day to day conversation with corprate office, and told me that the vehcile is ready to be picked up soon, that they are taking it for a test drive on the Monday before I leave. That day is the June 26th. I contacted Ruth later that day to assure that my vehicle is ready for pick up and she said COME ON DOWN.
Arrived in Orlando met up with Ruth in ALTNONTA Spring She rest assured me that the vehicle is good to go, I asked her to go with me on a test drive but she insisted that she had other things to do before close up. When I was also speaking with her, she told me that I've a problem with the O 2 sensor and I liked well didn't have that before I left why now. She stated its not part of the tranny so therefore she not gonna take care of it. In order to pull the tranny You have remove the exahust manifold and replace it with a new gasket.
Got in my vehicle drove three blocks called her and said You JOKING My VEHEICLE READY .. Still same ole thing Not working hard shift no shift delay of shift the same ball of wax. I decided to press forward in to Ft Walton Beach knowing that I would or could break down, It took me about 12 hrs to drive 463 miles. contacted McGee drove it to them test drove it and they said yeah got a problem bring it back in the am and We'll get on it. Before I brought it to them I took my vehicle to FORD to have the PCM Old and the New one tested Have a document stating that the PCM ARE GOOD THE PROBLEM IS IN THE TEANNY.
Brought it to McGee and He Took it for a ride only to say that the problem seems to be with the computer, well, I told him hate to rain on your parade had them tested and they are OK, the problem is Your Tranny. I demanded my money back he refused. I Run a business in South Dakota at which time has been closed to this date. I've lost thousands of dollars, Contacted Corporate and they are just plain no useful. I was threaten by McGee if I took the vehcile off the lot that they would void my warranty. I told him and insisted that they give me my money or I'll file a complaint against them to the Dept Of Agigculture and he threaten me again and stated get off my property or I'll have You arrested I told him go ahead call the police you just much a crook then anything. Till this day my vehicle is still in the shop, Lost out on the 4th of July company Picnic that i throw, My family, and the lost of our money from the Trip to the theme Park. Its been over a month and my vehicle still to this day is not fixed. I talked to corporate today the 3rd of July only to tell me that they have the tranny now pulled.
Tired... Disgusted ... and Apuald by there action. Don't care about us Ignored us when we were speaking to him.
And We'll be bringing the sherfif when We're picking up our vehicle. and Gonna give them all the publicity that they want.
Total amount of money I'm out from this minus time lost at work and income.

customer service/delay

DO NOT take your vehicle to Mr. Transmission! Took my Honda Civic to Mr. Transmission to have my...

6 comments Saint Catharines Car Service Centers

Ripped Off And threatened

My transmission began to stick in 3rd gear therefor I took it to several body shops to acquire estimates. All of which were priced well over $3800. Mr Transmission was the last shop I took my vehicle to for an estimate (which after speaking with them on the phone they convinced me to have my vehicle towed to them as it was better for the car and was advertised as free on there web information). After lokking at my vehicle Alan contacted me back with an estimate of $998. He informed me that I had been misinformed about my transmission and it could be easily fixed. I was exstatic. But only 5 days later a gentleman named John called me back to inform me they were wrong and now my repairs would be $5800. Over $4000 higher than I had agreed to and $2000 higher than any other shop. I was completely upset. They are the professionals right? They couldnt tell there were other problems originally? After speaking with John I stated I didnt want any repairs made to my vehicle I just wanted to pick it up and take it to Volkswagon for any further service. Just to be told that they had torn my transmission completely apart and refused to reassemble it. Alan also stated they had thrown my gaskets away and would be charging me an additional $400 to replace them. ( I called Volkswagon who informed me these same gaskets only cost $132.95)

I made it very clear this was not what we had agreed upon. Just to be threatened that 1. they will not reassemble my transmission 2. I will be charged $400 for the replacement gaskets 3. they will not return my vehicle to me unless I pay them $998 for the original estimate $400 for gaskets and $180 for the towing bill. And all must be payed in cash! Is this even legal??

I am currently contacting an attorney and making a car payment on a vehicle thats in pieces and being held from me unless I pay them a total of
$1578 Plus taxes in cash just to receive it back to me in pieces because they will not reassemble it.

Please never make the same mistake I did. Do not take your vehicle here!!!

• Ri
    Ripped Off Atlanta Dec 03, 2008

Please never make the same mistake I did. Do not take your vehicle here!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices