Melaleucabig rip off

My complaint started the day I talked to MS KATHY REECE. She is a melaleuca director; I had several
questions for her. One of the questions was " Do the seven websites cost?" Ms Reece replay was of course
not. Imagine my suprise when I went to their Promo center and found out that It not only cost $15.00,
but you can't get any where without their training center. I had only been with the company for about
2 weeks when I come to realize that good old MELALEUCA IS NOTHING BUT A PYRAMID SCHEME . Check
it for yourself. When I question Ms Kathy Reece about it ; she said that I was wrong. That MELALUCA
is a CONSUMER DIRECT MARKETING OR A MULTI LEVEL MARKETING. As Ms Reece put it Pyramid
Schemes are illegal and I should do my research on them. I did on Bing.com and good old
Melaleuca is nothing, but a PYRAMID SCHEME!!! I tried to cancel over the phone they told me I
had to go to their website and run off their cancellation paper. I told that I did not have a printer Please
send me the paper. That was on March 19th, 2011. I get get an email from them saying that owe them
$60.50 for an order that I did not ask for. Imagine my suprise! For one thing their product gave me
a terrible rash. Now I keep getting e-bills and phone calls from them. I finaly got a cancellation paper from
them after I threatened them with the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. They don't want a call from them.
All this took place a month later. As of right now I am still a member in good standing. I had to close out
my checking account because of them and they still send me vitamins that cost $60.50 and they billed me.
Now If you ask me good old Melalecua is a scam. But that just me you can find for yourself call this number
/removed/ 0r email at /removed/ and tell MS REECE Sue says hey.

• Hi
    HibiscusL Jun 29, 2012

It's sad that these negative types of posts will deter people from trying out a membership with Melaleuca.
    Being a member is not a big deal. You shop for what you need each month. You can decide if you want to shop with them or not.
    If you didn't read what was involved with being a melaleuca member before signing the form then you have no right to trash the company.
    It states clearly on the enrollment form that if you cancel your membership by the 25th of the month then you do not need to place an order that month. You're done. It's super easy. My kid could print out the form, sign it and fax it in.

If you cancel after the 25th, you will still need to place an order for the current month but your membership will be cancelled going forward. If you do not fax or mail in your signed notice of cancellation then you will receive a backup order. It's all clearly stated on the membership agreement form (that you sign when you enroll, or electronically sign if you enroll online).

Melaleuca has been in business for 27 years and their business continues to grow because of their exceptional products. Most people that give the company a chance LOVE the products and their business model. You get exceptional products made from a US manufacturer, delivered right to your doorstep, and they come w/ a money back guarantee. And you can refer people to shop with Melaleuca and they share their revenue with you. It's a simple concept.

If you think it's too much to order 35 points of product each month then refer a few friends to shop with the company. I buy over 80 points of product each month so there's no worry about reaching 35 points each month. I just shop for what i need.

• Mi
    Mixedrecipe Feb 20, 2012

Smh?! You know many people aren't computer savvy in this day and age. If you do research online, make sure it's a "trusted" resource. I could find anything negative online about anything If I wanted to. Melalueca isn't a scam! For one, you are using the SAFEST, NON-TOXIC, CHEMICAL FREE products manufactured anywhere! Secondly, people easily shop at Walmart, Target, Dollar store, Sams Club etc and pay for CRAP items that has nothing but CHEMICALS, TOXINS and HARMFUL side effects to them. People spend over $100 a month just in CRAP! But yet you can't invest in your HEALTH?! You can't put a PRICE on your HEALTH. How things are processed and manufactured with other companies are just DISGUSTING! I haven't even touch the topic on FOOD or your running WATER that comes in your HOME that you bathe with, cook with, drink with! People who are TRULEY into HEALTH and WELLNESS wouldn't leave stupid comments like these. A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. When you enroll new customers you still receive a commission based on their loyal commitment shopping monthly! Melalueca makes it CLEAR in the beginning that it's set up that way! Melalueca doesn't lead people on and make them think their going to be rich or make a BIG fortune! It's a gradual process to make your way up in terms of "your business" ...You get what you put in it! Yes there are many people who doesn't see the GREAT VALUE in these products to enroll quickly but regardless everyone should be a PREFERRED customer as well as a BUSINESS OWNER only because every time you do happen to enroll someone you get commissions and bonuses. I have been with the company for 5 months now and haven't made much money but thats because I haven't devoted much time into as well. I am going to but I know it's a process. Either way I still use their products monthly and it has been a HUGE savings in our household...Compared to other stores that "RIP" you off by selling you products that WILL and can be DETRIMENTAL to your HEALTH! For those that want to cancel their membership you certainly can do so. It's simple! Download the form online and fax it to them! Call to verify that they received it and get a NAME and EX: and it should be cancelled and you shouldn't receive any more shipments, However if you wait pass the 25th of the month then you will probably receive a last box or order. If they charge you after you have done these steps then you can call Melalueca and talk to a MANAGER and they will refund your money back to your account with no PROBLEM! Most people doesn't follow simple instructions! Having said all this...MELALUECA is the BEST place to get cleaning as well as hygiene products anywhere. I challenge anyone to find any other store that's even COMPARABLE to the facts. ...

-Mrs Williams

• To
    Tony4wellness Feb 17, 2012

Fraud, Scam or whatever people say really doesn’t matter. Or maybe, people don't read the “out clause” or terms and conditions before signing their name on the dotted line. It does not matter. Here are the Facts about Melaleuca, they sold over a BILLION DOLLARS worth of products, and people must like their products, right?

Pyramid systems have been outlawed in the US a long time ago and they don’t sell any products. Melaleuca has over 350 products. We are paid just for referring people to Melaleuca and helping them register and that’s it! No inventory control, no billing, no carrying of products. We are paid on immediate commissions with several tiers of bonuses and handsome residual income, how GREAT is that!

They have paid out over 2.8 Billion in commissions to regular people out there in the past 27 yrs. What is really great about Melaleuca is they genuinely want to HELP. This is Very Rare for a corporate identity. Helping people better their health; getting them out of debt; having a good personal life, so too in preserving our environment, is that a BAD goal to have?

This is more than a business for most of us. You would really have to experience Melaleuca, and when you do, you too would have fallen in love with them just it like the more than 850 thousand families that have joined them. Sorry, but it’s hard to find sad story’s telling lies here. What you will find are people’s experiences in how lives have changed because of Melaleuca.

A Successful Melaleuca breeds successful people and it’s not too late to join us. If you want to succeed and willing to work at it and if you think you are coachable, “We Will Help” because Melaleuca wants us to.

We are just starting; more questions, give me a call, Tony [protected].
    If NOT, then, Good Luck on your travels and I hope you find contentment!

• Vu
    Vurt Feb 07, 2012

This complaint is, of course, COMPLETE BOGUS. Melaleuca is amazing, and definitely NOT an MLM.

• Tr
    Truth Teller May 12, 2011

This sort of post is an abuse of this board in my opinion. Just shameful that this Sue person is allowed to spew such unsupported rhetoric. of course her goal wasn't to post an honest complaint, it was to get new people honestly searching for information to get the wrong impression of Melaleuca. Fortunately, these flamers and haters are being exposed more and more for their true motives.

VERY nice reply MotivatedMom29 and to those who have not yet joined Melaleuca, it is not MLM, it is not a pyramid scheme and the opening poster has absolutely no earthy idea what he/she is even saying.

I have been in and out of Melaleuca several times since 1994 and I know first hand that almost everything the opening poster said is a crock of moose ca ca. if you are not yet in Melaleuca, get with a real and current customer and get a complete Delivering Wellness presentation so you can make up your own mind with REAL information.

• Mo
    MotivatedMom29 Apr 28, 2011

I have been with Melaleuca for almost 3.5 years and have helped hundreds of families switch to better, safer, healthier products, save money and earn additional income to support their household income. Melaleuca is NOT a pyramid scheme. If you did in fact do research on what this is then you would realize the difference between the two. I am sorry that your enroller apparently was not honest with you with the website fee. However, she is an individual person - not an entire company. Also, the vitamins do not cost $60 they are $26 for Canadians and $19 for americans and they are the best vitamins on earth due to the technology they use to create them (they get 10 times more absorption than traditional supplements). You were charged $60 for your backup order which is only supposed to happen in case of emergency. The idea here is to switch stores, shop for better, safer, healthier products that help you and the environment. They help you save money. You get free products just for being a loyal customer (which no other store would provide for you) and you even get discounts at hundreds of other stores. I am guessing your enroller didn't show you the Delivering Wellness presentation? It's too bad. I am sorry you had a bad experience. Too bad you didn't meet me and join my team instead :)