Complaints & Reviews

Resolved can't cancel

Resolved unauthorized charges

After my father died last year, I reviewed my parents' checking accounts to find that my father had done...

Resolved unauthorized use of card for downlines backup order

THIS IS JUST NOT MY YEAR - 2nd Ripped Off Complaint (What is this world coming to?) I woke up this morning...

Resolved difficult to cancel auto shipments

It appears to me that Melaleuca has intentionally set up cancellation requirements which are designed to...

Resolved automatic charges

My wife got scammed into signing up for this. Besides having outrageous prices ($26 for nothing more that a 16oz. bottle of glorified Lysol, or over $70 a month for their non FDA approved vitamins), when inquiring how to get out of this scheme, I got hassled by a snotty saleslady out of Blaine, MN. who called the cops on me for asking honest questions which she would answer! (Initials S.W.)
I would definitely steer clear of this outfit.

• Js
    jsflorida May 06, 2009

One day after signing up, I learned on the internet what a scam this was. following their instructions I sent a certified letter, FAX and email to cancel. After reading many of the online complaints I tried to cover all bases. On November 22, 2008 I wrote:

"Please cancel my agreement made via internet on Friday November 21, 2008. Please cancel all and any agreements including but not limited to the three that were on the webpage. Cancel any orders, cancel any kits even though I did not make any orders or order anything, please cancel anything and everything that would have to do with me being a buyer, consumer, distributor, member or any other terminology used by your company. To clarify further, I cancel any type of agreement I could have with your company and do not authorize any charges to my credit card. Reason: Research of your company was negative."

Everything seemed OK and surprise - only in March, 2009 a charge showed up (were they hoping I wouldn't notice?) I disputed it with the credit card company and it was reversed. Now in April the same thing. the credit card company got them on a three way call and after reading the content of my letter they said I failed to cancel on their website! The credit card company ate the cost as Melaleuca refused. I agreed with the credit card rep to go online and cancel according to the instructions we were given on the conference call. Guess what? there is no cancel instructions.

finally I was able to cancel at http://myaccount.itapp.net/mymelaleuca/cancel
    Real easy to find huh? Even though we were told we could just go to the melaleuca site and easily find the cancelation instructions.

What a scam!

• Ti
    Timothy May 31, 2009

FYI

The FDA does not approve vitamins or supplements of any kind. They are expensive, yes.
    FDA approval means jack squat these days. Corporate interests own the FDA. Sorry about your bad experience.

• Ne
    nelsondr0225 Jan 11, 2010

I think this complaint is all a bunch of crap. For those of you who have actually taken the time to read this far into this website please notice that most of these are just copied and reprinted several times under several different email addresses. They may be slightly changed but this is just someone who is vicious and has nothing better to do than to try to influence a stranger with their twisted stories.

• Ss
    ssgcannonswife Jul 09, 2010

If this is such a bad company then why do the have an (A) rating with the BBB? Seems like these are just bogus complaints with no real basis of truth.

• Do
    douglas clark Oct 29, 2010

Melaleuca does not sale Lysol for 26 dollars, thats is not real, be honest, Lysol is made by Proctor and Gamble.
    second, FDA dont work with natural products, only with doctors prescriptions drugs, becaause the third cause of dead in america is prescriptions drugs, thas why FDA its checking the ingredients.

Melaleuca vitamins are the best, you can try it for 90 days, if you don feel the diference, will got your money back.

• Le
    leogeo Mar 31, 2011

(Wah!) Not every single item you use will work perfectly for every type of stain. If you are so disatisfied, contact the company (you don't need the receipt), get a refund and go back to whatever product (apparently sent from heaven) you were previously using.

I've had no problem with the product.

Resolved charged for something didnt want

I was wanting to start working at home. Went on my facebook saw one of my friends who I had gone to school...

Resolved unauthorized billing

This company charged my credit card twice without my knowledge ( the second time was a credit card # they did...

they wont let me cancel...

I have been a customer for many years, paying them over 5, 000.00 dollars so far.They are a pyrimid type scam...

Resolved rip off

I tried to cancel my account after using their vitamins for over 2 years. After not finding a way on their site I called customer service. I was told they needed me to mail in my signature to cancel the account. I asked what would happen if I stopped ordering every month. They told me they would continue to charge me and send me products automatically.

I asked for a supervisor, because I don't need to jump through hoops to cancel an account. The supervisor told me the same thing, stating it was in the agreement I signed. It is in fact at the very end of their 5 page agreement, after two sections of fine print.

I finally gave up with customer service and completed the written document with signature. When trying to locate my account number as required for cancellation, it was nowhere to be found on their site. So I again had to call customer service.

Even though they were more than happy to accept my electronic signature to sign up, they want to delay my cancellation by making t hard to cancel, and making me mail them a hand written document. The is a deceitful practice and people should think twice before signing up for their products.

• Do
    Doug Curtis Oct 20, 2008

The information to cancel is located just to the right of where you sign the agreement in a big box in bold. It's also in the back of the page that explains the membership (all the details is half a page long) in bold also.

Charlotte Nov 23, 2008

Your customer account number is ALWAYS on your invoice each and every month on the top left of the page.

getthewealth Jan 30, 2010

Hi Melaleuca is a good Business to have my business has been good http://getthewealth.net it you have any question about the company. go to my site and email me ...

• Wh
    WhimsysNM Mar 21, 2010

I didn't even have a contract with Melaleuca, and after one order they continued to send me products...depsite a fax explicitly stating I wanted no more products and no further charges to my credit card. Now I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I strongly suggest anyone else with these problems do the same!!

• Ca
    Carolina Coast Mar 26, 2010

I was with Melaleuca for a couple of months and realized this wasn't for me. I sent them a notoarized cancellation letter and then canceled my credit card because I was warned that Melaleuca would continue to keep you stuck with them by shipping and charging you stuff you didn't order. WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW! ITS TRUE!

After notarized hand written cancelation letter and canceled credit card I get confirmation a few days later saying they have recieved cancellation. Then a few days after that I get a email saying products have been shipped. WHY DID THEY DO THAT, THERES NO WAY TO CHARGE ME!

The crap arrived and then came the phone calls crying for there $72 bucks I told them send me the money and I would ship it back because I DIDN'T ORDER THIS! She said there policy was that I ship it back at my expense and she would credit my account. Fine whatever to get you people off of me, so I sent them there stuff back via priority mail with signature confirmatin.

And you know what these extortionist are still call wanting another $7 bucks and change to officially close the acount. PEOPLE STAY THE HECK AWAY!!!

I have all emails and confirmations to verify everyting I went through.

Resolved fraud and scam

I've recently read a string which I believe to be misinformed consumers... I have been a Melaleuca customer (not a sales agent) for more than 6 years now. I can honestly say that my family is one of the healthiest in our neighborhood (my daughter was one of two children with perfect attendance at her school last year). I truly feel that these products are superior to anything else on the market, especially considering the low cost. Prior to purchasing Melaleuca my daughter was in the hospital with RSV, and we all had major allergies (most likely associated with indoor pollution). In the last several years we are the picture of health. To all that are bashing the company... all I can say is maybe you haven't really done your research. In my years with Melaleuca, we've had two shipping errors which were promptly and easily resolved. Customer Service is obviously a priority for this service. Take care and stay HEALTHY!

• De
    DEREK329 Jan 13, 2009

My sister in-law has exchanged 2 different items in the short time she has been with this company(few months), on both occasions shipping was free for the replacement items and they didn't require her to send back the unwanted items. One of the exchanges was an acne product that was to strong for her, they sent a different product and gave her a refund. She gave the unwanted acne creme to her brother(which has severe acne) and he had extremely favorable results in just days. 2 BANGS FOR $0 BUCKS... THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A COMPANY THAT IS HARD TO DEAL WITH!!! Unlike the majority these days with awful CUSTOMER SERVICE, I'm lucky to get a correct order from the drive thru 75% of the time.

• Ri
    Ricardo Jan 28, 2009

What low costs? Melaleuca first of all is kind of expensive, if you consider those people that count their pennies like my self Meleleuca products are not cheap you have to be honest too you know. And based upon of what I read on this site and other sites as well, Melaleuca's method of doing business regarding credit card charges without a warning to your account is unacceptable and bad business; furthermore, not only making credit card charges without a warning, but making it difficult for people to cancel their account and get thier money back sending them into a wild goose chase having them make phone calls and faxes (that in some cases they don't recieve) while still charging your account and sending unwanted items to your home. That's all just bad business, or just a bad experience.

• Ci
    Cinda Mar 18, 2009

If you read all the complaints on Melaleuca carefully, they are not about sending the wrong items or sending to the wrong addresses, etc. The complaints here and other places online are mostly about unauthorized credit card charges, their autoship program and how hard it is to close an account.

Melaleuca makes you jump through hoops to cancel an account. If they happily allow electronic signature when signing up to be a Preferred Member, why can't they accept electronic signature when you want to close your account? Why make it SO hard to cancel an account? You have to call, fax and/or mail your signed letter by the 25th of the month to close an account. They also make it hard to send the items back. The following complaint sums it up well:
    Obviously, Melaleuca does this on purpose to delay the process of cancellation, so they can suck more money out of their customers. They may have some great products (though it can be expensive to folks like myself who is frugal). However, I agree their business side is not very ethical. To be fair, I don't think Melaleuca is a pyramid scheme. It is a legit MLM company. However, I think their stuff can be a rip-off.

• Pr
    ProphetOfGrace777 Jul 26, 2009

Since Melaleuca depends on people to market directly to others, you will always have the potential of people not explaining how it works properly. I'm pretty sure every compaint i have ever seen online can be traced back to an original person presenting it wrong in the first place, not a fult of the company.

You get a lot of benifits from being a committed monthly customer and by singing up, you are indeed committing to 35 points of product a month. When I enroll people, believe me, they are very clear on that. I have then repeat it back to me a couple times as we go to be sure they grasp it even.

It's not the "deep dark secret" that people on here try to make it out to be, it's simply what Melaleuca requires if you are going to be "Preferred" and get all the benifits of that. My family stuggles to stay under 200 points a month for goodness sakes, 35 is childsplay if you indeed do switch stores like you are agreeing to do.

When you commit to the monthly minimum, they respond by giving you discounts and loads of other nice benifits. Unfortunately, some people dont disclose this properly in the presentation and people sign up with the wrong impression. Then when they don't order like they leagally agreed to do, they do get the automatic order and Melaleuca (like any other company on earth) charges for their product.

This creates the situations you read about on here.

As with anything in life, there are great honest people haveing wonderful success with Melaleuca. Saddly, there are also people who like to cut corners and not explain things fully.

I can't control anyone else but I can assure everyone reading that if you enroll in Melaleuca, and you read everything in your business kit from start to finish, and you do things to the letter as the company lays it out for you to do, you will indeed be very sucessful.

Melaleuca must be judged on what it laims itself to be, if I can help in that process for you, I'd be happy to.

Mark
    markloribusiness at gmail dot com

• BackDoorSuccess Mar 10, 2010

I know of several people that have canceled their "preffered" status with Melaleuca and had NO PROBLEM in doing it. ( kind of a bummer losing them ) but it wasn't for them. The 35 point commitment that was agreed to is not a rip/off, it's actually DESIGNED specifically to save you money.
    Even the most frugal of people have to agree that spending $50-$60 dollars a month to have safer and in most cases more effective productS in there home is much better than spending $100-$300 dollars on less effective product each month.
    If you were to take an honest look at what you are really spending on (ALL) of these products you would realize that THERE REALLY IS NO WAY TO FIND A BETTER BUSINESS OR PRODUCT!!!

If you want to save money and get great products contact me thru my website

• Se
    Sequin Apr 05, 2010

Well, seems so much anger but no one taking responsibility...

When you join you AUTHORIZE Melaleuca to charge you CC and send you a backup order. Some may say that is wrong but I know of one Melaleuca member who forgot to order one month and had so much fun getting the box (not knowing what to expect) he didn't order on purpose for 18 months, having fun each month seeing what was sent. The company knows their products last and last so they make sure you get different things each month so you don't end up with a back log.

I wonder if the people with these negative comments are being really fair to the company and true to their experiences. This company would not have been around so long with such an outstanding track record if the pattern was as described in some of these negative comments.

Either way, blessings and wellness to all.

joldlady Dec 08, 2010

I was a Melaleuca rep for a short period of time and had to, due to circumstances, give it up. I miss the products like crazy. There is nothingout there on the market that compares either in quality or price. It is made very clear what the process is and how your cc is charged. This should not be a suprise to anyone unless YOU'RE not listening to what the rep is telling you. So many people get involved with things and then are suprised when what they were told comes to fruition. People need to pay attention and read the information you're given. I am very seriously thinking about getting back into it. I have yet to find a stain spray or laundry detergent that works even half as well.

• Th
    the rightthing Mar 12, 2011

It is WRONG for them to make it so impossible to cancel your subscription. PERIOD.

Truth Teller Mar 12, 2011

I've cancelled twice before and am in for my third time. You want out you just download the form fax it in and your done. Both times I was cancelled the same day I faxed it in. I'm sorry this is such a giant chore that you find it impossible.

Tony4wellness Feb 17, 2012

Fraud, Scam or whatever people say really doesn’t matter. Or maybe, people don’t read the “out clause” or terms and conditions before signing their name on the dotted line. It does not matter. Here are the Facts about Melaleuca, they sold over a BILLION DOLLARS last year worth of products, so people must like their products, right? Nowadays, no matter what business you go into, it’s products, products, products.

Pyramid systems have been outlawed in the US a long time ago and they don’t even sell any products at all. Melaleuca has over 350 products. Don’t let people mislead you; this is NOT MLM or no “break aways.” Melaleuca works because they don’t advertise and don’t have any distributors (buy products to sell). All we do is word of mouth advertising, you like the product you share it! In turn, we are paid just for referring people to Melaleuca and helping them register and that’s it! The savings in advertising is their revenue sharing program, simple. We have no inventory control, no billing, no carrying of products. We are paid on immediate commissions with several tiers of bonuses and handsome residual income, how GREAT is that!

This is not a lottery, people work at it. If you can find a system that will make you money without working for it, let me know, I’m interested. They have paid out over 2.8 Billion in commissions to regular people out there in the past 27 yrs. What is really great about Melaleuca is they genuinely want to HELP. This is Very Rare for a corporate identity. Helping people better their health; getting them out of debt; having a good personal life and preserving our environment for our children, is that a BAD goal to have?

This is more than a business for most of us. You really have to experience Melaleuca, and when you do, you too would fall in love with them, just like the more than 850 thousand families that have joined them. Sorry, but it’s hard to find sad story’s telling lies here. What you will find are people’s experiences in how lives have changed because of Melaleuca. If you have time, take a peek at this http://youtu.be/F3FewVDiFkw

A Successful Melaleuca breeds successful people and it’s not too late to team up with us. If you want to succeed and willing to work and if you think you are coachable, “We Will Help” because Melaleuca wants us to. We are just starting, when a laid off woman made about $ 84, 000 in less than a year, you know it works.

Facts are facts but if you have more questions, give me a call anytime; Tony 408-771-0296. If NOT, then, Good Luck on your travels and I hope you find contentment!

Resolved very unprofessional company

Melaleuca Company was totally unprofessional when solicited to help solve a customer request. Over the phone they did not even try to accommodate customer's request. When requested to speak with a manager, the client was refused first and only after insisting was transferred to another person, same lack of professionalism and willingness to help.

By the third person in command line, the story become exhausted and no acceptable resolution offered. None of all these 3 company representatives gave all, complete, accurate and useful information at the time of the conversation. A next call placed by the customer 24 hours later revealed the latter part of the information not mentioned yesterday. The company did not even tried to collaborate in a professional manner. A total refuse was all they could do.

Customer service representative transfered the customer to an answering machine after failing for the second time in a row to collaborate and offer something to the unfair treated customer.

• Sh
    Shareen Mar 04, 2009

I have been with Melaleuca for 3 years now, and have never known them to refuse a customer request unless it the customer was being unreasonable and/or requesting something that would have caused a policy violation if granted. Melaleuca is pro-customer and pro-business builder, but it will never compromise on principles. Some customer requests can not be granted; all companies have that discretion.

Most call centre staff would not refer a customer directly to a Manager, but rather the next in command in the hierarchy, like a team lead or supervisor.

If you could be more specific as to the nature of your complaint or problem, perhaps we could be able to judge if the company was unfair or not.

• Mark777 Aug 13, 2009

I have a hard time believing this because in many years with melaleuca I have never so much as ran into a person in a bad mood there, let alone someone unwilling to help.

Theres clearly a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

• Ha
    Happy Melaleuca Custoner Sep 07, 2009

I have been a customer for over 5 years and have called the company on a few occasions with a complaint about a product, generally the packaging or something spilling while shipped. The customer service representatives have ALWAY bent over backwards to make a mends or find an amicable solution. They in my opinion have always been way more generous that I expected or required. Customer service with Melaleuca is top notch, always above and beyond.

• Ne
    nelsondr0225 Jan 11, 2010

• Bi
    Bizness4you Mar 15, 2010

Customer care with Melaleuca is one of the reasons I have been a happy customer for 6years. They are always happy and helpful. I have never had a bad experience with them.
    www.bizness4you.com

kelk Apr 09, 2010

This is copied!!! Different headline but same complaint...how stupid!!!

Truth Teller Jul 08, 2010

Kelk, I agree... I actually had a gal tell me privately that she went to boards like this and posted anti-melaleuca stories because she was mad at her boyfriend who was doing well with it.

It's sad that people make up stuff like this.

Resolved terrible experience

Melaleuca has been a wonderful company to me and many others I've meet. The products are wonderful and...

Resolved scam charges

I wrote a review back in May about Melalueca it was titled They wont let you cancel once you joined and still...

Resolved scam and lies

I signed up for melaleuca under the understanding that I would make money because 'everybody would buy...

Resolved don't do business with them

I have been a customer of Melaleuca for 15-20 yrs. and now that my children are grown no longer need their products. I have spent 5 months trying to cancel my account with them. I cancelled my charge card to stop them, spoke with numerous representatives (who assured me everything was fine) and sent a number of letters yet they continued to send me packages. They have sent me numerous letters and repeatedly called my home for payment of these packages that had been sent back. I spoke with someone this evening about it again and he informed me that I owe them for the UPS charge for the package I sent back last. I explained that the account was cancelled months ago, that just weeks ago a representative told me the package was sent by mistake and would I be so kind to send it back. Which I did and I was not asking them for reimbursement of the postage. He then informed me that if I didn't pay for the UPS charge that they would continue to harass me by calling constantly. Do Not Do Business With This Company!

kelk Jul 22, 2009

you spent 15-20 years with the company to cancel when your kids are older and for what reason. did you send back your grocerys from walmart too!!! they tell you when you sign up to fax letter if you want to cancel. I have no problems with melaleuca and I love their stuff I am a customer for life.

• Mark777 Aug 13, 2009

So let me get this straight...

For somewhere between 180 months and 240 months you shopped happily with Melaleuca with no problems and now suddenly because yoru kids are no longer there you want to leave?

if anyone is here looking for a reason TO join you just gave it to them with a 15 to 20 year track record like that, certainly anyone wanting to join up can feel confident that their orders will be taken, processed and shipped with no problems.

I agree with kelk, Im a customer for life.

• Ti
    tiff27 Nov 17, 2009

I just signed up for malaleuca and so far have had no issues, but do find it a bit strange that the only way to cancel your membership is to do it in writing. Why is a phone call or e-mail not sufficient?. And after reading all of these issues that have happened it definitely makes me more aware of possibly issues. Just because one person has a great experience doesn't mean everyone will have a great one!. Thats just the way the world works, but I think with all the knowledge from both sides of the coin will only help you in the future. Now if I have any issues I know exactly what to do; hoping I dont. I would really like to be succesful with this company and I am hoping that a majority of you out there are as well. And I am sorry for all the trouble that the rest of you have now or have had in the past. Thanks for all the information though, its greatly appreciated.
    melalueca newcomer :)

getthewealth Jan 30, 2010

kelk Mar 16, 2010

I LOVE MELALEUCA!!! ALL I GOT TO SAY!!!

kelk Mar 16, 2010

Well tiff you have a couple things right...for one not everything is for everyone that is why mela has a 100% Guarantee satisfaction there. They can cancel at any time and yes it makes sense to fax because if everything was done by phone then where is the security in that. I am glad you jumped on board, however, as a new customer, especially if your doing the business, I dont see you doing well if you are willing to believe in complaints rather then your own personal experience. Everyone has there own experiences yes, but I dont let anyone influence my decisions to do well in anything. Yes any one can have a great experience. If you dont like the products return them, thats ok, they may not be your type but why come here to complain and call the company a scam like many on here do is so stupid. Melaleuca would not be around for 25 years, recieve several awards from the BBB and have tons of satisfied customers if they were a scam so get over yourselfs (this is not directed to you Tiff). What you all do with your time is part of what you are. If it dont work for you then dont do it but what is the point of trying to convince someone else that they cant if you dont even know them. For those of you coming on here to find out more info. the best advice I can give IS BE BLIND!!! DEAF!!! Call BBB go to the right source. Melaleauce is the best thing I ever did and they are only GROWING. Follow your own dream and heart and dont let anyone tell you what is best for you...step out of your comfort zone...take a risk...and see for yourself. By all means do your research because there are some scams out there but do the right research, dont listen to people who have nothing better to do with themselves then complain about how the company failed them because usually 90% of the time they gave up before even giving it a chance. Anyone willing to argue with me feel free I bet I can help you get to the root of the real problem. I had a lady tell me the other day she tryed it for 4 months and it didnt make her any money BUT she loved the products. Well If you like the products what was the problem. So I asked her what level are you...she said a level three...so i asked if she got a value pack and her answer was no. Sorry but you CAN NOT refer a business to someone and NOT NO about the products by only buying 5 products a month. If you do that it will take years to get to really know the products...so like I said...she gave up before really seeing the value just because she didnt listen to her mentor. OK I think I am done for Now

online scam!

I was browsing the web where I can about this program. I emailed them. Said why not and it's worth a...

Resolved terrible experience!

I have been using Melaleuca products for about 6 months now. At first I was relieved to find such a great company with high quality products. I truly bought into the whole package. They promote 'Going Green with Melaleuca' Later did I find out that Melaleuca is really not so green.

I have a hard time understanding how a company that advertises wellness doesn't put all of their ingredients on the labels of the packaging. I have even called Melaleuca, and they refused to send me ingredients for some of the product in the Nicole Miller line. I was finally able to speak to someone who told me the ingredients over the phone. Not only is their makeup loaded with Parabens, but they put dimethicone in almost all of their personal care lines. (Dimethicone is synthetic emollient that is a known tumor promoters and accumulates in the liver and lymph nodes. It is also non-biodegradable, causing negative environmental impact) There is formaldehyde in the children's line. While formaldehyde is wonderful for persevering cadavers, I would prefer to not have that absorbed into my child's skin! There are xenoestrogens in their Body Satin line. Anything that is absorbed into the skin is 10 times that of an oral dose.

I feel Melaleucas advertising is false. The truth is, is that their products are no better than Proctor & Gambles. The only positive aspect of dealing with Melaleuca, is that I can save time and money by making home made cleaning products. Baking soda works wonders and its better for the environment than anything Melaleuca sells.

Hopefully I will be able to send my products back for a refund.

George Apr 27, 2008

You are 100% right
    I have found the #1 green products on the market
    If want to change your life for ever
    go to...
    www.aworldchampion.net

user name…freedom

password;;;project

watch "the Dirt on Clean"
    and
    "get clean video"

Win $$$250 worth of free wellness products form the world leader

www.GoShaklee.info

PASSWORD is CH82085

I thank you for your time,

Please if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me

Best Regards,

George Piegaro Jr.

[email protected]

CEO/ Healthier you, Healthier Planet Inc.

~Health advisor/Coach/Environmentalists~

Office-~800~207~7063 ext. 101 or my cell ~609~203~5199

Home page we site www.ProvenByMillions.com

• Je
    Jessie Apr 29, 2008

There is a 100% money back guarantee on all their products, so you should not have any issues there. I just got off the phone with product development and was educated on the above issues. Yes, parabens are in about 10 remaining products and they are researching to phase them out in the very near future. Dimethicone is not a known carcinogen, I'm not quite sure where you get your information. Skin Deep is a cosmetics database with safety information on hundreds of cosmetic ingredients. You can see dimethicone info here: http://tinyurl.com/6ht7lx
    I hope this helps. I have never had any issues with Melaleuca or their products. Any time I've had questions, the product development line has been more than helpful in resolving them. Feel free to contact me if needed.

JessieAndShawn (at) live . com

• K
    k May 18, 2008

Aworldchampion.com is a link to a MLM... Don't be fooled!

• Li
    Lisa G Jul 17, 2008

I totally agree. I have tried canceling for two months! When you call, sure they seem nice but don't be fooled. How would my mail get everywhere but to Idaho...it's a pyramid scheme. They tell you what you want to hear, good for the enviroment, 100 % guarentee .. the only truth is they steal your money! I have contacted the BBB and my credit card company. USE CAUTION!!!

• Am
    amensista Feb 20, 2009

I was a member of Melaleuca for 9 years. I had a wonderful experience for most of it. The marketing plan only works (in the sense that you can quit your day job) for less than 1%. I made an attempt at the business end 4 times and a total of probably 1/2 the time I was enrolled. My largest check was $500 but the average was about $9. I spent over $2000 on advertising and such.

As for the products, if you log in to your online account, they give all the ingredients. There is absolutely no formaldehyde (quaternium) in their children's line. That is a piece of misinformation.

There is however splenda, sucralose, in their food line. I don't understand this because they preach, and preach HARD against bleach. Splenda is produced using chlorine and converts to chlorine biproducts in the intestines.

I am no longer a melaleuca member because I was no longer satisfied with partly organic and mostly natural products. I wanted all natural, organic and plant based items. I started shopping at www.allnatural4life.com.

Chan May 05, 2009

Thanks for all the information i was just deciding weather i should sign up or not. I have been looking for natural cleaning products. and Lotions without any Parabens. I have found a selfpreserving lotions finally usana.com. Thanks again for your help

melamoney May 12, 2009

wow, you may be so happy using clorox in home and using vitamins thas don't work any ways do what you want. and be happy. if you can

melamoney May 12, 2009

you are not informed at all. better chose other company to make complaint. every body is happy making money here haha!...

• Ik
    Iknow Jul 17, 2009

Amensista,

I am glad that you found a company that you like, but I did want to mention that your spending over $2, 000 on marketing materials was purely YOUR CHOICE. It is not necessary. I have been receiving a check each month for over 40 months and all I have done is shopped and referred other customers. And, I might add, it has been well over $9.

• Wa
    wahmomof2 Aug 13, 2009

I think this complaint is completely bogus. First of all it is loaded with misinformation. As for the comment on spending $2000...why in the world did you do something like that? I know that no one asked you to spend a nickel on advertising. They promote free advertising. I have been a member and have been referring customers for quite some time now and my checks are pretty substantial for never leaving my house. I have never made less than $800 - that was my first check and it has been growing ever since. And the business model is not one of those "pyramid things". If that was your impression, then it is no wonder you did not make any money. It is a legitimate way to earn a lot of money while truly being at home.

melamoney Aug 18, 2009

bla, bla, bla. while people cry about melaleuca, the latinos are making a lot of money. why?
    because we work very hard and less crying. I make $25, 000 per month I made this in just 26 months, how is that?

• Mi
    michif Aug 18, 2009

The good news is the GMP (good manufacturing practices) requirement that is coming into play with nutrition products. The governement will begin requiring that every company complies to strict labeling standards by 2011 or they will go out of business. So either Melaleuca complies to quality and label requirements in the next year or so or they won't last. :)

• Am
    AmyWyoming Aug 26, 2009

I work in the cosmetology business and ALL companies are required to have a MSDS sheet on all products. This is a "materials safety data sheet" which lists all chemicals which the product contains and the safety rating. As licensed professional, I am required to have a MSDS sheet on every product I use or sell. Ask Melaleuca for a MSDS sheet on their products.

Of course you can make a lot of $$$. I can make $$$ selling ice during winter in Alaska too. It's in the marketing and the gimic. What it comes down to is what are you willing to do & how are you willing to bend the truth? Is it all about the $$$? This is what you have to ask yoursef.

• En
    enviro chick Sep 23, 2009

It is very important that the information poeple complain about is backed up by scientific research. If the person making comments about the dimethicone will simply google the word dimethicone and use another websites definition or label should be aware that there are all kinds of people in this world who can build a website and it can be false or skewed or true. Comments should be referenced in order to have credibility.
    I also looked at many of my products and some of which I purchased at a local wellness store, these products had dimethicone in it.
    Also, check out the website, skindeep and there you can see ALL of the products that contain dimethicone. Really, you just might be putting sunscreen on your face that has dimethicone.

• Fa
    Fav. 20 Sep 27, 2009

Melaleuca is just what they say it is, other wise they would go out of business paying out huge sums for settlements. They have been around since 1985 and going strong ...The problem with making money with Melaleuca is that to many people have gotten burned by SOMEONE ELSE, that is the main factor, like am way most any time i talk to someone about Melaleuca, they put up their gaurd""oh it's like am way""?and so they want to here nothing more, mind closed...and anyone who enters a contract should read it and NOT pass blame on anyone else...

MainstreamGuy Nov 13, 2009

Any company that has to sell their product through MLM is NOT offering a valuable product, period. The free enterprise system allows products of value to rise to the top through traditional marketing channels. Total abuse of friends and family whom you would better serve by asking them to GIVE you money...

• Be
    BecR Feb 02, 2010

I have used Melaleuca for over a decade. I wouldn't have done that if the products weren't superior. The Provex Plus alone relieved my arthritis and allergies, wouldn't be without it. Before Provex Plus, I couldn't wear contact lens because of my scratchy eyes. Within 3 weeks of use, I was able to get contacts for the first time and have been wearing them for over a decade now with no problem.

Twice during this time I experienced two personal financial situations that required me to end my connection to Melaleuca (as well as all other bills, not just Melaleuca) & both times I just called on the phone to halt my membership. They just let me know how to word it & fax to them with my signature.

Since I had not really pursued it as a business, I wasn't bringing in a big check but still got a pretty good check each month just from the people I had shared with. If I put in the effort to build a business, it would not be hard. Actually currently thinking about doing just that due to the lack of loyalty/ethics of employers.

• Be
    BecR Feb 02, 2010

As for the comment that MLMs not having valuable products, that is just not true. And, the Free Enterprise System using the Traditional Marketing Channels you refer to serves only to profit the owner(s) of a company, not the ill-paid people who work their butts off.

In MLMs, you are the Marketing Channel. Therefore, the marketing money in relation to the effort you put in goes to you, not the owner of a marketing company. Who, by the way, has ill-paid people working their butts off to make the marketing company owner millions. So, about 2 people make all the money for any given product by the Traditional Marketing Channels.

kelk Mar 16, 2010

YOU ARE SO WRONG...Mela would be in big trouble right now if they were claiming to be something they are not and they curtainly would not have recieved awards from BBB or been around 25 yrs and still growing. I only here good things about this company..find something else to do with your time then complain and you might actually find some success in something. WAY TO GO MELAMONEY!!!

• Xc
    x.chris.x Mar 21, 2010

If you are interested in joining or simply want more info your welcome to email me at [email protected]

• Ol
    oligo Mar 26, 2010

Melaleuca is the best it has improve my health taking them oligo vitimens daily has change my life I wouldn't b saying this if it wasn't true u r wrong talking bad about this company!I love melaleuca n that's all

• Od
    OdatStevo Apr 03, 2010

"In reality the # of people enrolled, the higher the salary." Part true. Reality is, the harder I work the more money I make as there is no such thing as free lunch. There is truely residual in part, but I must not only work hard, but also smart. All of the money is made by referral like you refer people to watch a movie or download an I-Tune which the referrer gets no compensation for their time or effort to refer. If my referral gets no results, I do not take it personal, I just refer to the next person who is more ready to act on the referral."You just give em your credit card info and you end up with a bottle of shampoo, laundry detergent and a bar of soap." Could happen that way if you chose to order those 3 items. But the point is in the choice for what you need or want to try. Don't like it send it back full or empty no questions asked, usually you are allowed to keep the merchandise and you are refunded for product and shipping which moves me to the next item. "Tried to cancel many times to no avail, they talk up the good points of the products and avoid your cancelation request." Last I read and heard, you have to cancel in writing per Company policy. How would you like it if you were working as a Physician and someone unknown to you called the medical board, said they were you and canceled your Physician liscense because that person had the proper information to cancel you, such as your publically listed liscense number. That would, as a physician, put me out on the street as the creditors swarmed to take back all my personal property until there was nothing left but my dried up spit. Thanks retired MD Odatstevo Williams

kelk Apr 04, 2010

I guess that goes to prove that melaleuca still stands as the best!!!

• En
    enoughsaid May 28, 2010

If this is such a good product..why arent there any distributors locally? Like i only see people mainly individuals selling this. ex. its not in Sephora or any malls im aware of here in Tx.

kelk May 28, 2010

well those individuals are doing it wrong...we are not an avon service!! How customers find out abut the products doesn't say anything about the products though. They ARE superior products!!

• Po
    PocketAces Jun 04, 2010

The reason why they are not on shelves is because 90% of products on shelves are there because they paid millions of dallars to be their Melaleuca to get their products off the shelves would have to have advertisments etc. This is not what the company is about it's about word of mouth advertising and the success stories of the little poeple. Go on you tube learn about the owner frank vandersloot he is an amazing guy. I mean come on guys what MLM company has survived 25 years out in the open... NONE I have been with the company for 3 years just decided I wanted to get the word out more because of how amazed I am about the products and now I'm making $135/month after only 4 weeks by getting 8 new clients too see what it's all about.

• Gi
    Girlcar99 Aug 11, 2010

I joined Melaleuca about 6 months ago and now use most all of their products in my home. I have at least tried each of them. Much better ingredient and manufacture wise then what you would buy at lets say, the local grocery store...but for someone like myself, that grew up on a farm, and parents own a healthfood store- of the strictist type. No sugar on any of their labels. Even the cosmetics: if you can't eat it, you don't put it on your skin! So for some things, as the Renew lotion- which contain petrolium byproducts., or the childrens toothpaste containing floride- hard for me to reccomend to health concious people who educate themselves on these ingredients. But Love the cleaning products, the laundry detergents, the pharma products, and some others. So I can market this as a wellness company- and for the average person, this is so much better then what they would be using/eating. Any steps a person takes toward being healthier is better for them!
    I am currently living 45 min from any store, as well as raising a 2 yr old and a 4 month old. I love that I can shop online and have products delivered right to my door!

• Vi
    Vic-o-la Feb 04, 2011

I joined Melaleuca three months ago. My VISA credit card was continually denied which I have had for over 10 yrs. It was NEVER or has been denied by any other businesses. I was told over the phone to complete the cancellation form which could be found at www.melaleuca.com/myoptions. When neither me or my sales rep could locate the form on-line, I called the co. and was walked through the MULTIPLE steps to get to the form. When I said I was told at my orientation I could get my membership fee returned, I was told I could get my membership fee returned, IF I return the complete initiation kit. Other people wanted info on this company, so I gave them my initiation kit, so I don't have anything to send back. Nice gimmick, huh? I wasn't told I would have to return the kit if I wanted my money back. I also sent the company three e-mails asking about their products since I am allergic to aloe vera, rosemary, and other herbs. Never got response from company, and so when I used the products, to include detergent, and fabric softener, my skin developed a terrible rash. Are they not required according to law to list all ingredients on the product, because they do not. One has to go on-line (supposedly) to identify ingredients. I could never find where on-line to get ingredients of their products. Also, everytime you need to clean, one has to make up multiple separate bottles with various strengths in order to finally get an item cleaned. Their dishwashing detergent never cleaned tea stains or hardened food even though I added extra detergent, and used hot water in the cleaning cycle. My sales representative recently had a brain hermorrage after taking the Vitality +50 vitamins for many years. There are over 24 tablets she took each day. Yes, she said she had more energy, but little did she know, the pills were harming her organs. She now is unable to care for herself and is now in the care of her son. Do not join Melaleuca. The company uses a point system in order to get discounts. Also they have loyalty dollars you use, but products are garbage items that don't sell or you don't want. Gimmick after gimmick. I learned my lesson the hard way, so don't you go in the same path. VanderSloot is a millionaire due to customer buying into this gimmick.

• Ph
    phang wai kheong Apr 01, 2011

I've found the truly organic products in Wellness Concept. You can check it out at www.wellnessconcept.net

• Vi
    Vic-o-la Apr 01, 2011

I agree, you cannot find out the ingredients of their products. They continue to say they are on-line, but never found on their website. They finally cancelled my membership, but never refunded my initial fee. They require you to return everything the sales rep gave you when you attended the seminar. I initially thought their products were good, so I gave out the brochures to friends and family. Since I couldn't return all the items, I will not get my refund. Just another gimmick by a president who is I'm sure making tons of money. Do not enroll in Melaleuca!

• Se
    seriously "green" Apr 26, 2011

I went to a networking event that is held by "Girls Gone Green team". These girls represent Melaleuca and host many events in Colorado all revolved around their Girls Gone Green team and recruiting women from other companies to also join their team and sell Melaleuca. I asked if the Melaleuca products contained animal products or by-products, parabens or harmful chemicals. The ladies told me "no" and then I went to research it for myself and found they contained Parabens and Phthalates, Propylene Glycol and Sodium Laurel Sulfate. I was also told these products would be safe for my children to eat. I honestly would not want my children to eat any of these ingredients that are linked to cancer and are used to de-ice runways at airports - these are not safe and "green".

NO PRODUCT LABEL ON SOME PRODUCTS: I'm also interested why products that normally contain harmful ingredients like Melaleuca's Defining Lash Mascara does not show the Product Label (ingredients) and in the description it says "Paraben Free superior molded curved brush" but does not say Paraben free mascara.. very interesting

VAGUE PRODUCT LABELS - some product labels are very vague. For example MelaPower® 6x HE Detergent—48-load, Scent Free - this label for the ingredients states "Cleaning agents (biodegradable anionic and plant derived nonionic surgactants), solubilizers, brightening agents, and preservative. Seriously.. what kind of brightening agent? What kind of preservative? My question is what do they have to hide?

REFERENCE WEBSITES:
    Toxic formaldehyde
    By Green Living Tips | Published 12/26/2006 | home, family, business, building
    Formaldehyde, you and the environment

While formaldehyde (also known as methyl aldehyde, methylene oxide, oxymethylene and oxomethane) is a natural occurring substance in the environment; mankind has pushed the presence of this toxic chemical to incredible levels; in fact, it's one of the most common indoor pollutants.

Formaldehyde is volatile organic compound (VOC), meaning that it becomes a gas at normal room temperatures.

Avoiding formaldehyde-ridden products is very difficult. Formaldehyde is used in the creation of polymers (plastics) and other chemicals and is very common in adhesives.

MELALEUCA: http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore - select product and select product label. Not every product will have the product label on the website, but I look through every one that did have the label.

OTHER REFERENCE: A great website to reference: http://www.eves-best.com/chemical-dangers-in-personal-care-products.htm

meltoblame Aug 12, 2011

Melaleuca may profess to stand behind their products, but do not follow through. It is one of the worst companies out there to return items. They have charged me twice for product I did not authorize. It has taken me from May 2011 until mid-August to finally "scream, " I want my money refunded. They may have great products, but their reputation will not last if they do not change their cancellation process. I will not be referring there prodcuts based on the cancellation scam.

Truth Teller Aug 19, 2011

So much wrong information in this thread its hard to pick where to start...

Vic-o-la - You paid $29 to enroll and that purchased you the business kit to get started. You have 4 months to decide if its for you or not and at the end of the four months if its not for you, you return the kit and get your $29 back. Why you gave your kit away is beyond me but to twist it around and blame the company is disingenuous.

To vic and green - No company anywhere reveals patented or proprietary ingredients or formulas. Melaleuca is under absolutely no obligation to reveal every last formulation of every last product to you just to satisfy your product paranoia. I call it paranoia because if you honestly took the time to compare the other major brands out there against Melaleuca you would quickly learn that they beat everyone else hands down in environmental practices, organic ingredient usage, specific ingredients in products and overall company policy and procedure.

There is a tremendous amount of FICTION here online. Stop letting Google scare you and instead do some real and actual hands on research like Melaleuca does at some of the major universities and work with real scientists, doctors and chemists like Melaleuca does. When you look at the SCIENTIFIC FACTS and not what some random yahoo may or may not have posted online, Melaleuca emerges as the undisputed leader in product development that is safer for your home, your kids, your pets and the environment.

meltoblame - Melaleuca NEVER charges you for what you do not ask for. You either place an order before the end of the month or you pre-authorize them when you sign up originally to send you whatever you picked out and asked them to. Melaleuca either has you recorded on the phone agreeing to that and saying that you understand that and dont have any questions OR they have your enrollment contract where you agreed to it in writing so to come here and make it sound like they charged you for what you didn't authorize is completely misleading.

As far as their reputation not lasting, sales have steadily been on the rise over the last 25 years and we have more customers now than we ever have had before. Scams don't last, but Melaleuca and their completely unique business model obviously does.

Everyone needs to think before that attack. I know its the Internet but you shouldn't check your brain at the door when you post here. A+ rating with the BBB, completely debt free, countless local and national awards, almost 1 Billion in sales last year, they have paid OUT to others nearly 3 Billion dollars in referral commissions to single moms, families and hard working people since they began and they even fund an orphanage in Ecuador for goodness sakes.

Truth Teller Aug 19, 2011

Just because you forgot to order like you said you would doesnt negate all of that and make them a scam... it just means you said you would order and didnt.

• Le
    lesa anne Oct 25, 2011

Where in the world did this person get the idea that anything absorbed through the skin is 10 times stronger than something taken orally???!!! I am a Registered Nurse and I can tell you right now this person is misinformed. There are medication patches where the medicine is absorbed through the skin. With most things, however the amount absorbed through the skin is minimal. I think most pharmacists and doctors would tell you the same thing. Most things would be alot more dangerous swallowed than rubbed on the skin. Of course, stronger by far, would be the injectable route.

Tony4wellness Jan 31, 2012

First of All, the backup order plan from Melaleuca works, if and only if you fail to order your 35 product point commitment does it come into play, this is explained during the presentation and should have been explained by the person who invited you as I do. It is better than Auto Ship Programs with other company out there, wherein the same products each and every month is shipped because all they have to offer is a limited number of products. I have heard 'It's HARD to cancel", NOT TRUE! If you decide to cancel your membership, it's really easy to do. All you do is print a cancelation form and fax in your request, why fax?, because of your legal signature, simple! If faxed on or before the 25th of the month, account is canceled for current month and if after the 25th, it will be for the following month. With Melaleuca, There are more than 350 consumable products to choose from. So, Auto Ship Program don’t work. As far as the 35 points commitment to get products at wholesale is nothing, just switch stores do your shopping at Melaleuca. I have NOT ordered lesser than 64 points each and every month that I have been with them. Second, like Amazon, Ebay or any other sites that do business except for companies that issues RMA (electronics), shipping and handling are services rendered or when you return products, you pay. The question is, when you have used up your vitamins for 90 days and decide that they don’t work or didn’t FEEL any improvement or energy, can you return them? With Melaleuca, YES, up to 90 days warranty, no questions asked. Third, I paid $29.- to join Melaleuca for the promise of non-chemical base products and it did make my family healthier with Natural based products, in fact my grandson who had asthma for 6yrs. was healed just by using their detergent, as per me, for the past 4 yrs, my oncologist or cancer doctor has blood test after blood test done on me because I might have Leukemia or cancer of the blood. And after taking their Vitamins for 4 months, I cried when they told me my white cell count went down to normal to everybody's amazement. Tell me, What price do you put on your HEALTH? Added to that, the revenue sharing program has helped me, I made over 20K last year, just for telling people about products that are GREAT and this all happened for a $29 investment, call me crazy, if you calculate even if you spend $70 or 35 points for a year that's only $840 for a year for products that my family uses yearly, CHEAP, and this is not even part of “cost of doing business”, we came out way ahead. And even if, I didn’t make money, just with the deduction I had on my schedule C, because I did signed up also to become an Independent Marketing Executive with them and it was worth it. Listen really hard for those don't have any deductions. Value of products was my main concern; addition income was a pleasant surprise". I'm sorry, I have not made my first Million Dollar yet on Melaleuca but I'm already a big big Winner when it comes to good health for my family and myself, that is KING to me! I welcome any questions about Melaleuca, their products or even the research I have done, which are now a part of me and my family now as a Blessing'. Call me at 408-771-0296.. God Bless!

• Ec
    eczema Mar 26, 2012

I love Renew Lotion.

Tony4wellness Mar 26, 2012

Melaleuca is there to give us great products and a way out of whatever hardship we might be having. People who say things who are standing outside more often really don't even know what they are saying. re some facts www.asaferlife.info They have paid-out over $2.8 billion to regular folks in commissions so it must work right?

• Aw
    AWhiteman a healthy Melaleuca Advocate Sep 14, 2014

I feel so bad you received this misinformation. There is absolutely no formaldehyde (quaternium) in their children's line. NO Melaleuca products contain any form of formaldehyde. The business plan has been successful and, over and over again shown that it is not a pyramid or a scheme. I am so sorry you didn't have a good experience with Melaleuca. My family's health has definitely seen all the wonderful benefits of Melaleuca. :)

• Wo
    Wong Dong Yeow Sep 04, 2018

I am very disappointed on the service provided by the melaleuca company. i did not get any responses on the missing items on the delivery. Second, after so many emails i've sent your melaleuca company, you guys are ignoring my request. Not even want to reply my emails.

Comments

• Cb
    Cbrown53 Nov 01, 2018

They continue to try to get me to buy there 1.00 product but have to buy 60 dollars with of crap don't do it they make 700 for every person they get to sign up the sales people continue to harass me Victoria sawranski

• Si
    Sid Allen Nov 12, 2018

Dog throws-up when eaten. "Send it in with documentation for credit". I the resolution... What does 100% Satisfaction really mean?
    I guess I am spoiled with AMAZON because product return is free and they seem to care about service.